Hurt Locker
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Hurt Locker Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:52 pm
    —
Anyone seen this movie?  It's getting a lot of hype.  I'll have to download it as I'll never drag Mrs Grunt to the theatre for a war movie - women Rolling Eyes

http://insidemovies.moviefone.com/2010/01/08/why-you-should-see-the-hurt-locker/?icid=main|main|dl2|link2|http%3A%2F%2Finsidemovies.moviefone.com%2F2010%2F01%2F08%2Fwhy-you-should-see-the-hurt-locker%2F

#2: Re: Hurt Locker Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:59 pm
    —
I dont know why its getting a lot of hype now. I must of seen this movie 10 months ago now. The EOD team I was on watched it in Afghanistan, we basically did the same job as the team depicted, although mine was not to walk up and disarm it. I filled support roles back at the truck. Its not very realistic in terms of procedures to disarm IEDs but it was still entertaining. I didn't find the movie that great. I'll venture to say the hype is partically about showing the mental strain and dangers of those in conflict right now in the Middle East.

#3: Re: Hurt Locker Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:06 pm
    —
Woman directed it. You can see the result.
It is boring as hell.

#4: Re: Hurt Locker Author: Therion PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:27 pm
    —
What's the deal with the movie directors and their disdain for realism?
They seem to be unable to make a realistic war movie whenever they do a Vietnam movie, Iraq movie or a medieval movie.

#5: Re: Hurt Locker Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm
    —
Therion wrote (View Post):
What's the deal with the movie directors and their disdain for realism?
They seem to be unable to make a realistic war movie whenever they do a Vietnam movie, Iraq movie or a medieval movie.

Because it is art.
It is entertainment, fiction.

If you want to see real footage why don´t watch it then?

#6: Re: Hurt Locker Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:39 pm
    —
It's a movie so if it isnt 100% real that's OK. If I want to see IED disarming for real I'll watch a documentary. It's probably pretty boring though, so directors change things to add drama and sometimes to speed things up. After all there's only 100 minutes.

#7: Re: Hurt Locker Author: Therion PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:34 pm
    —
Tippi-Simo wrote (View Post):
Because it is art.

Because it doesn't have a plot, it's censored, etc?

#8: Re: Hurt Locker Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:01 pm
    —
Tippi-Simo wrote (View Post):
Because it is art.

Because it doesn't have a plot, it's censored, etc?

I hate when I have to repeat myself to a intellectual man like you.
Yes, it is just for for entertainment. Don´t use your brains. Watch it and be happy.

#9: Re: Hurt Locker Author: Therion PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:26 pm
    —
Frankly, I wouldn't be so sure. A lot of non-intellectual people form their opinions on various periods basing on movies, because it's their only contact with the history.
So, such "art" can be dangerous.

#10: Re: Hurt Locker Author: emmthreejonnyLocation: Philippines PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:39 am
    —
Love the movie, Hurt Locker is a good film and watched it three times last week.

There's no 100% accurate movie about real-life wars or for any other subject. Two nights ago I was watching a documentary based on the pilot that was shot down in Bosnia that inspired the movie Behind Enemy Lines with Owen Wilson and I was really smiling the entire time recalling the explosive action packed sequences during the rescue scene in the movie, and rebel hideout being attacked by a Serb division -- all didn't happen. I'm not saying it was a bad movie, in fact it was fun and served itself well as an entertainment.

#11: Re: Hurt Locker Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:46 am
    —
Frankly, I wouldn't be so sure. A lot of non-intellectual people form their opinions on various periods basing on movies, because it's their only contact with the history.
So, such "art" can be dangerous.

"You vill only vatch vhat ve vant you to vatch!"  christ is that straight from nazi germany, Stalinist russia or the good old days of chairman Mao?

#12: Re: Hurt Locker Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:31 am
    —
Oh c'mon SL... he's only saying that he's better than you are 'cause he's an intellectual.. It's a big european trait that is now extending east.

Fuck, what would you know coming from the antipodes, aren't you still a colony?

#13: Re: Hurt Locker Author: Therion PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:00 am
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):
"You vill only vatch vhat ve vant you to vatch!"  christ is that straight from nazi germany, Stalinist russia or the good old days of chairman Mao?

Strawman argument. I didn't say that such movies should be forbidden or censored. I just said that they promote a distorted image of history.

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Oh c'mon SL... he's only saying that he's better than you are 'cause he's an intellectual..

Isn't everyone on this forum?

#14: Re: Hurt Locker Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:03 pm
    —

Isn't everyone on this forum?

Not me, Im a turd reich sympathizer.

#15: Re: Hurt Locker Author: Therion PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:14 pm
    —
So you aren't interested in history and you never read historical books? And you certainly don't play semi-realistic historical wargames?

#16: Re: Hurt Locker Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:07 pm
    —
So you aren't interested in history and you never read historical books? And you certainly don't play semi-realistic historical wargames?

Yes,
But I am still an illiterate here.
See.. I am Nazi sympathizer.. an outcast..
What gives..

#17: Re: Hurt Locker Author: Therion PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:25 pm
    —
Laughing

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1