Battlegroup withdrawl
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:42 pm
    —
I think I already asked this one but I can't seem to find it...

How can I make battlegroups (possibly) withdraw as a result of a combat (similar to WaR)?

Thanks

#2: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:47 am
    —
Under \Close Combat The Longest Day\DATA\BASE\ edit Campaign.txt as shown below;

Current:
# BGs retreat on rout (0 = disband on rout, 1 = retreat on rout)

Change To:

Note: they will only retreat if they old an exit to a friendly unoccupied map

#3: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:46 pm
    —
Chnaged it and still doesn't work, do I need to start a new campigan for it?

#4: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:19 pm
    —
Yes, the campaign settings I believe are written into the saved game....

#5: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:17 am
    —
I think retreat doesnt work at all. Anyone, ever, had his BG retreated to firndly map? Me and my opponent never had such a situation, while at WaR pretty often. AFAIK all condictions are met. Campaign is changed at the very begining.. So do we have a bug or we do something wrong?

#6: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:22 am
    —
Define rout. Its either when morale condition is set to off, and the opponent destroys every single one of your troops. Or if your morale conditions are set to on, you may get pushed off the map due to morale failure.

Are you meeting either of those conditions?

#7: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:31 am
    —
We are playing with morale ON.
But lets make it another way: what do we need, to have a BG retreated to a friendly, free map. Morale On or Off?

I have checked it already. Morale OFF, oppponent killed my only units, we had a free map on our back but game says BG was not able to retreat and was forced to disband.

Last edited by Kojusoki on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total

#8: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:35 am
    —
The quickest way to find out of this feature is working is to.... Start a new GC with morale off. Let one side obliterate another on a map that has a friendly map behind it... and see what happens. If it works, try the same thing with morale on. Ensure the side getting obliterated only has one or two vls the whole game. Do not capture the VLs, just kill all enemy troops untill morale kicks in.

#9: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:36 am
    —
well i was checking it many times before posting here - and i checked it already again - not working...

#10: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:39 am
    —
Interesting. If S3T confirms your findings, looks like we will have another feature that was implemented without testing.

One last question. Are you testing this with the stock grand campaign?

#11: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:47 am
    —
Well i cant imagine nobody before founded it out... new patches... No, im testing it on my new mod, but AFAIR i was testing it on stock TLD also. In WaR, with my mods and plain version it works. Here in TLD - not. As I said - maybe i make a stupid mistake - i cannot imagine all those people dont realzie that such a nice feature doesnt work:)

Actually Golani_2 has founded this Smile

#12: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:18 am
    —
Tested on WaR and tLD

works on WaR

doesn't work for tLD

But the game designer disabled it anyway... so I guess it's not a feature of tLD

#13: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:01 am
    —
I take that back....

A bit more testing and got this... but it was the last battle of the op so can't be 100% sure

"The allied forces retreated in disaray"

0073.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  543.91 KB
 Viewed:  9760 Time(s)

0073.jpg

#14: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:28 am
    —
In the TLD campaign.txt file the feature is disabled as shown by the text below;

#15: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:35 am
    —
I have enabled it to test.

The poster above says he has enabled it.

#16: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:06 am
    —
Oops...

#17: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:16 am
    —
exacly i have it enabled.
Or maybe it must meet a very sophisticated conditions, but as Schrecken says in WaR its fairly common. In TLD I havent seen it before

#18: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: roonburg PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:15 am
    —
I found this thread and was interested so I set up a test with a strip of 5 maps with only one BG from each side on the map with these meeting in the central map. I ajusted the forcepools so I only had one unit and charged it forward. When killed my unit retreated and was on the map behind in the nest turn. I then set up the opposition to only have one unit then attacked and they too retreated and the BG was on the map behind the next turn.

So it appears that the retreat function works fine at least when a BG is destroyed on a map. I'd test morale failure with units left too but I don't have the time.

#19: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:00 am
    —
hmmm..
roonburg, do you have the patch installed?

#20: Re: Battlegroup withdrawl Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:40 pm
    —
roonburg wrote (View Post):
I found this thread and was interested so I set up a test with a strip of 5 maps with only one BG from each side on the map with these meeting in the central map. I ajusted the forcepools so I only had one unit and charged it forward. When killed my unit retreated and was on the map behind in the nest turn. I then set up the opposition to only have one unit then attacked and they too retreated and the BG was on the map behind the next turn.

So it appears that the retreat function works fine at least when a BG is destroyed on a map. I'd test morale failure with units left too but I don't have the time.

can you write down the settings you had? Maybe we need to play WITHOUT morale so once the BG is compoletly destroyed it retreats

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2