Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt

#1: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:55 pm
    —
Hey guys,

Mooxe has released to downloads about a few minutes ago. This topic is meant for you to report any bugs so we are able to repair them.

Enjoy Playing the mod

Cheers Buck

#2: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:33 pm
    —
Putte map has a couple winter trees coded on the map

Putte Map Winter Trees.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  168.73 KB
 Viewed:  22977 Time(s)

Putte Map Winter Trees.jpg

#3: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:37 pm
    —
Hey Tejszd,

Thanks for the note. Will be corrected in the patch ;)

Cheers Buck

#4: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Ost_KinsK PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:40 pm
    —
Failed to copy because ACredits.bmp does not exist.

help Smile

#5: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:53 pm
    —
Ost_KinsK wrote (View Post):

help Smile

Is there an ACredits.bmp in your cc5 graphics folder???

#6: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:25 pm
    —
That winter tree looks like the WaR/CC4 Huge Snowy conifer bottom left.

#7: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:07 pm
    —
Thanks for the great mod, awesome maps allowing much varying tactics.  I noticed some bugs or to express more clearly, some strange stuff. These are the 2 potential bugs I have encountered so far:

1. Infantry flame throwers have the sound of a bazooka? Is this a bug or made intentionally?

2. Tanks' firing angles seem graphically wrong. I dont know if its the case with every tank, but it happened wit this firefly. Here is an example:

The tank is firing on the direction of the red line, but its turret faces somewhere else.

I would also like to say that I loved how strategic map looks, very nice graphics. But the individual maps look quite big on the strat map, so it's a bit hard to see the general situation on the strategic map. I mean it's like it would be really nice if there was a zoom out button built in the game:P  For that reason, could you upload the strategic map of the scheld in the future to the site? It would be very helpful to the player. being able to zoom in and zoom out as a jpeg picture.

And one minor thing, its just the trees on the map are original to this mod, but to a person like me who is accustomed to the regular tree graphics (as in GJS), I didn't like how they look. But it's just my taste, a personal thing Smile  

So thanks again for all your efforts, it seems a very challenging and a wonderful mod to play h2h!..

#8: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:15 pm
    —

help Smile

Kinsk you should have that file. A full install of CC5 puts that file on your harddrive. If its not there, then I think another mod with an incorrectly scripted install.txt removed it and did not put it back. I suggest uninstalling any plugin you have right now, uninstall CC5, then reinstall CC5, and install Scheldt and see if you get the problem.

#9: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:45 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):

help Smile

Kinsk you should have that file. A full install of CC5 puts that file on your harddrive. If its not there, then I think another mod with an incorrectly scripted install.txt removed it and did not put it back. I suggest uninstalling any plugin you have right now, uninstall CC5, then reinstall CC5, and install Scheldt and see if you get the problem.

Another possibility is that the pluginmanager did not properly unzip all the mod files....

#10: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:15 am
    —
Don't know if this a bug or by design but on the Oosthoek map a tank can get LOS from one field (3m) over the road (4m) to another field (3m) on crawling soldiers. You might want to raise the road more than 1m to block LOS.

Edit: I didn't realize that I was that close already to the road but having said that I believe I had a LOS from further away too

Oosthoek LOS.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  204.62 KB
 Viewed:  22940 Time(s)

Oosthoek LOS.jpg

#11: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:31 pm
    —
Oops, unexpected error messages here but that's alright it's what we asked for Wink
Flamethrower sound: not a bug, just my choice.
Tank firing angles: I did notice that on occasion but I don't know what is causing it or how I would be able to fix it.
Los: the tank is tall enough to fire over an elevation of only 1 meter. However, most dikes on the maps are coded to be tall enough to block LOS.
Note to 7A Clan testers: Forcepools have been adjusted. All Allied battle groups no longer reinforce to their original strengh. Best to delete saved campaign and Operation files.

One more thing: Please bear in mind that we intend to consolidate bug fixes in a larger update.

Cheers,

Pete

#12: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:20 pm
    —
Sad  no way

just reinstalled the game and patch 5.01... never encountered this error?????

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  542.35 KB
 Viewed:  22938 Time(s)

UO0002.jpg

#13: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: WOLFGRAU PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:57 pm
    —
I've got this problem:

"Failed to copy F:\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\Graphics\ACredits.bmp to System\Original\ACredits.bmp because F:\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\Graphics\ACredits.bmp does not exist"

And before that , when I am trying to unzip the maps it is another error:
F:\Stuff do CC\CC5_BattleoftheScheldt_v1.0_mappack.zip: CRC failed in Krabdijk.bgm. The file is corrupt

Need some help Sad

#14: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:52 pm
    —
@0202243: From the screenshot it looks like you installed the configuration manager in the same directory as CC 5. The config.manager readme says: "If you are installing the CC5 Configuration Manager for the first time, simply unzip all the files into a dedicated folder outside CC5. "
So, please try again following the readme's instructions: install the Cfgv13 outside the SSI directory. Then copy the Scheldt plugin into the "plugins" folder and start Cfgv13 again.

#15: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:02 pm
    —
@ Wolfgrau. I don't understand what you are trying to do here. The first sentence says that you are tring to copy a file from a location but it does not exist? Did you get this file separately or did you unzip all Schelde files into that location? Where you trying to copy all Schelde files together?
Second message: is that the only file that is reported as corrupt? Did all other files copy correctly?
Did you install CC5 on F before or after installing the patch and the plugin on C drive (standard installation drive where also the plugin is installed?) . Just checking.

edit: typo.

#16: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:07 pm
    —
As a reminder: please report bugs in the designated thread.

Thanks,

Peter

#17: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:25 am
    —
0202243 wrote (View Post):
Sad  no way

just reinstalled the game and patch 5.01... never encountered this error?????

Please read this thread, you will find your solution there.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7128&highlight=x86

#18: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:30 am
    —
WOLFGRAU wrote (View Post):
I've got this problem:

"Failed to copy F:\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\Graphics\ACredits.bmp to System\Original\ACredits.bmp because F:\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\Graphics\ACredits.bmp does not exist"

And before that , when I am trying to unzip the maps it is another error:
F:\Stuff do CC\CC5_BattleoftheScheldt_v1.0_mappack.zip: CRC failed in Krabdijk.bgm. The file is corrupt

Need some help Sad

For the first error... Reinstall CC5. For some reason acredits.bmp is missing and it should not be. A full install will place it in the correct folder.

Second error, I will double check and see if the zip file is corrupted. please download another copy yourself and tell me if its still corrupt. You can also download that map by itself at, http://www.closecombatseries.net/downloads/CC5/Mods/Scheldt/individualmaps/krabdijk.zip

For Pete and Remi. ACredits.bmp was included in the plugin as it was in the graphics files on the site. I naturally assumed it was part of the mod. If its not, it can be removed next patch, I will update the script. But with that, why are people reporting it doesn't exist? It should be present in a full install of CC5.

Last edited by mooxe on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

#19: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:28 pm
    —
Thanks for directing to existing bug threads Mooxe. It seems that there are people who are experiencing problems that are not mod specific. For those issues I recommend using the search option first and try and find an existing thread. Although neither Buck nor I have much experience with tackling those issues we will try and help out anyway.

#20: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:48 am
    —
There is always some install problems with a new CC5 mod. Often it's due to CfgV13 or the users PC. Modswap is a better program but only for the newer CC.

Dont get discouraged by the fail install reports. Sometimes a manual install is the only way for some people. Concentrate on the real bugs and listen to the positive reports too. Downloading now......

#21: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Ost_KinsK PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:48 am
    —
When uninstalled Beyond the Beach have been deleted multiple files from the original CC5, I have reinstalled and was able to install Schedt.

Thank you all:)

#22: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Panzermayer PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:06 pm
    —
Hello everybody,

I want to thank all the good people how made this mod. I find it incredible that y`all made such a good and historical correct mod about a not well know strugle during WW2 and I like it because the battlefield is placed in Belgium and the Netherlands  Wink

some of the people may alrdy have mentioned these bugs but who the hell cares  Wink

1: The Strat.map looks great but its sometimes hard to figure out on what a BG is placed.
2: Tank action: when a panzer or armor shots the barrel of the main gun is a lot of the times not in the correct direction of the firing.
3: It would be nice if there is a number on each house to indicate how many floors, especially for the churches.
4: is there some way the german infantry could be more conservative with using panzerfausts. They shot them faust`s way to soon in a infantry assault.

Overall this is a great mod. The germans are in a thug place but they have great defense tactics, weapons and the Commenwealth troops know they have a hard battle ahead.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to the patch or new version!

Panzermayer

#23: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:14 pm
    —
Panzermayer wrote (View Post):
Hello everybody,

I want to thank all the good people how made this mod. I find it incredible that y`all made such a good and historical correct mod about a not well know strugle during WW2 and I like it because the battlefield is placed in Belgium and the Netherlands  Wink

some of the people may alrdy have mentioned these bugs but who the hell cares  Wink

1: The Strat.map looks great but its sometimes hard to figure out on what a BG is placed.
2: Tank action: when a panzer or armor shots the barrel of the main gun is a lot of the times not in the correct direction of the firing.
3: It would be nice if there is a number on each house to indicate how many floors, especially for the churches.
4: is there some way the german infantry could be more conservative with using panzerfausts. They shot them faust`s way to soon in a infantry assault.

Overall this is a great mod. The germans are in a thug place but they have great defense tactics, weapons and the Commenwealth troops know they have a hard battle ahead.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to the patch or new version!

Panzermayer

Hey Panzermayer,

1: Yes I have heard thise before... thats the downside of this region. This stratmap can't be compared with eigther Stalingrad or GJS. The sea takes a rather large portion of the strat wich resulted in this stratmap.

2: Yes it has allready been mentioned. But i'm not in charge of the data and it is not my speciallity. I think Pete will respond to this one in the future.

3: Thats a good one... Will have a look at it in the near future ;)

4: the same as number 2 this is Pete's Field of expertise

Concering the last point... A new version will be out of the question. An update will be done after we have removed the bugs you guys mentioned. And maybe changed some other things... Just be patieced!

Cheers Buck

#24: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:41 pm
    —
Hey Guys,

The Falschrimjager BG's don't have any officers in the gruppenfuhr units.  Same with the Fusilier Btl 164.

Awesome mod!

-Mac

#25: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:26 pm
    —
Thanks Mac for pointing this out. It is a remainder of an earlier geteams version designed to have less morale and command etc.

#26: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:53 am
    —
Glad to help, Pete.

One other detail I just noticed was on the map Leopolds Crossing - the bunker in the south of the map has no windows or doors in which to shoot out of.

Cheers,
Mac

#27: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:19 pm
    —
@ Mac: this bunker is not supposed to have loopholes or embrasures. The Germans used many different types of bunker in the Atlantik Wall and many of them were just troop shelters, command posts , ammo depots etc. Those bunkers are also represented in this mod. Check out the Oostburg map for what I believe to be the largest collection of bunkers on a Close Combat map ever Wink

@ Panzermayer: I have not noticed the fausts being fired too early. Why do you think that they are fired too early and in what circumstances? In any case, in this mod the best way to engage armour is with AT guns. I didnot want to exaggerate panzerfaust effectiveness.

Cheers,

#28: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:15 pm
    —
Zoomed out view Allied icon is US

Zoomed Out Allied Icon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  97.51 KB
 Viewed:  16071 Time(s)

Zoomed Out Allied Icon.jpg

#29: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Hesus PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:16 pm
    —
I am able to install the plug in and the maps but when i start the game i get the following error message.

Can't find the directory : Videos Please reinstall Close Combat.

It seems logic to reinstall the game but the problem is i already did like 7 times and i always get the same error message. So i tried and installed a different mod which works perfect. So i believe it has some thing to do with the plug in but i am not sure.

Installed the game(full install) and the patch.

#30: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:51 pm
    —
make a map named 'Videos' in the cc folder

#31: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:41 pm
    —
Hesus wrote (View Post):
I am able to install the plug in and the maps but when i start the game i get the following error message.

It seems logic to reinstall the game but the problem is i already did like 7 times and i always get the same error message. So i tried and installed a different mod which works perfect. So i believe it has some thing to do with the plug in but i am not sure.

Hey Hesus,

There is a video map on your cc5 disc copy it to your cc5 install folder on your HD that should solve your problems.

CHeers Buck

#32: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:00 am
    —
I haven't had time to really dig deep into the mod...very nice mod from the bunch of singe battles and half an Ops I've played! 2 thumbs up!
The maps are beautifully done...awesome work!

Minor cosmetic bugs I've noticed:
- FJ units assigned Heer ranks graphics.
- Soldier uniforms colors for bailed out Allied tank crews are set in a strange shade of green.

Another minor gripe...the custom big trees are a nice touch...but a bit too big and obscure views too much IMO...often you need to resort to turning off trees to try and find your men Smile

#33: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: zygov PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:23 pm
    —
To those who have problems with...
There is easy way to solve this problem... make brand new folder with name Videos in...
C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy
This new folder must be empty
Then run the game!

#34: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:50 pm
    —
This is because Sheldt is using the nocd Exe (as many mods) and you need a folder called "Videos" in CC5 main, it can be empty without problems, just create the folder...

I suppose the other mods you have played used the CD, this problem is no bug for this excellent mod :)

Mats

#35: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Hesus PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:22 pm
    —
Buck_Compton wrote (View Post):
Hesus wrote (View Post):

Hey Hesus,

There is a video map on your cc5 disc copy it to your cc5 install folder on your HD that should solve your problems.

CHeers Buck

Stupid question where do i install it to? To the main folder or in to the data folder?

#36: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:37 pm
    —
Main folder Wink

#37: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Hesus PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:53 pm
    —
Main folder Wink

Works like a charm. Wonderful mod i am going to enjoy this. Only a pity de kempen aren't part of the game.

#38: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:30 pm
    —
Hesus wrote (View Post):
Main folder Wink

Works like a charm. Wonderful mod i am going to enjoy this. Only a pity de kempen aren't part of the game.

Choices have to be made Wink and it can't always be the right ones for everybody ;)

Cheers

#39: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Hesus PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:05 pm
    —
Hesus wrote (View Post):
Main folder Wink

Choices have to be made Wink and it can't always be the right ones for everybody ;)

Cheers

I know. It's hard to satisfy every one, we all want to much. Wink Laughing

#40: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: iDot PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:54 am
    —
I demand you satisfy everyone Buck!!! Wink

#41: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:21 pm
    —
Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
the trees on the map are original to this mod, but to a person like me who is accustomed to the regular tree graphics (as in GJS), I didn't like how they look.

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
the custom big trees are a nice touch...but a bit too big and obscure views too much IMO

Sounds like the two of you are in the same boat (or maybe that should be "the same dugout"!). It should be fairly easy to change the trees back.

#42: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:56 am
    —
CSO_Talorgan wrote (View Post):
Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
the trees on the map are original to this mod, but to a person like me who is accustomed to the regular tree graphics (as in GJS), I didn't like how they look.

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
the custom big trees are a nice touch...but a bit too big and obscure views too much IMO

Sounds like the two of you are in the same boat (or maybe that should be "the same dugout"!). It should be fairly easy to change the trees back.

Yup (terrain file editing is not that hard)...but you're forgetting the huge tree shadows Wink

#43: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:53 pm
    —
The trees were originally designed for Buck's OMG project and were in fact even bigger. He changed them a bit after I complained, iirc   Wink   They do obscure the view but los is not blocked as much as you would expect. Personally, I always play with the trees 'off' . Check the game options menu or press Ctrl T .

#44: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:23 pm
    —
Well, I was expecting more data bugs to be reported but I am glad that my mistakes are so hard to detect  Smile . Please don't hold back in reporting though, I do intend to also correct minor things.
Also, should you come across historical inaccuracies I would like to know, provided you can support your remark with a reliable source. At the same time I would like to point out that a completely historically correct mod is out of the question and that choices must be made   Twisted Evil .

#45: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:21 am
    —
Playing OP Infatuate with Pzt_Mac, allied 18RMC was at Red Beach Westkapelle, and 1AC was at Uncle Beach Vlissingen. These two BGs (of 5 allied BGs present at the time) disappeared from the strat map on the 2pm strat movement round on the 24th.

#46: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: reinald PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:49 am
    —
I noticed the Canuck riflemen fire their SMLEs while running. From my limited modding experience I suppose this because the SMLEs have assault fire ON in the weapons data file. Now bolt action rifles fired when running/assaulting is debatable and I'd like to ask if this is a bug or a feature.

#47: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:16 am
    —
Most small arms have this feature enabled, also the German Mauser . I think this is the case in most mods and also stock CC 5. It would be a good idea though to disable it in a vetmod.

#48: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:28 am
    —
If I remember correctly, in GJS only SMGs and MGs would be fired when assaulting .

#49: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:28 pm
    —
In GJS the Mauser and Bren have assault fire enabled but the SMLE Mk4 has not. I do not know the reason for that but I would choose similar settings for similar weapons.

#50: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: reinald PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:05 pm
    —
Pete wrote (View Post):
In GJS the Mauser and Bren have assault fire enabled but the SMLE Mk4 has not. I do not know the reason for that but I would choose similar settings for similar weapons.

Grab an SMLE and try to shoot it while running full speed and try to chamber another round. Wink

#51: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: reinald PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:12 pm
    —
Another thing I've noticed is, that if I'm not mistaken the CAN 2" mortar can fire only at area which it has LOS to. I.e. "direct fire". The color scheme of the fire drag line and the target circle is still the usual brown/orange style like in "indirect fire" larger mortars.

Now I think small mortars like Brit 2" and US 60mm should be direct fire only for realism sake and agree with the cahnge. They had no personnell to spot for them and relay shot obseravations AFAIK. But if they're made into direct fire only weapons, the color scheme of indirect fire mortars is confusing and should be changed as well.

#52: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:49 pm
    —
Personally, I wouldn't want too be around a mate who is firing his MG from the hip...  Rolling Eyes
There's an episode in one of Sven Hassels books where he forgets himself in Normandy and fires his MG42 while retreating; -He almost kills his entire group while he does a 360, still firing!! (I know, he isn't the most reliable source of information, but on this subject I believe him.)

IMHO, no bolt-action rifle should be assault fire; -Unless fired by an 'übermensch' with an extreme sense of multitasking and muscles like Popeye...  Wink

#53: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: reinald PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:50 pm
    —
I once fired a modernized MG42 from the hip. Had a belt going from it around my neck, was standing still and crouching in anticipation. Aiming downwards at a target lying in the grass a few feet in front of me. The second bullet was already off target and the weapon was marching uncontrollably upwards and to the right with me in tow. No human strength can control that. Apart from the fact that noone on that day hit the target which was practically point blank anyways. Conclusion: SAWs and assault fire = forget it. Must deploy.

I can see how someone with a bolt action rifle can get off one shot from the hip (that is already chambered) while charging. But to chamber another round with such a wepon one has to stop IMO. So it's kind of debatable if in the confines of the CC engine bolt action rifles should have assault fire. I can see a squad in a game "advancing" in Combat Mission I-III sense keeping up bolt action rifle and LMG fire, but that feature ain't part of CC. I dunno if any soldier in CC world shoots his weapon while walking. (?) Never paid attention to it, I hardly ever walk my infantry.

#54: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:55 pm
    —
The remark about the 2inch mortar was anticipated, only sooner Wink . Will try and fix this in the patch that I am currently working on. The same for assault fire: I think stock CC has this enabled in order make close assaulting more effective. Disabling it could result in your assaulting squad being slaughtered before they reach their target. I am going to test this though.

#55: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:43 pm
    —
reinald wrote (View Post):
I once fired a modernized MG42 from the hip. Had a belt going from it around my neck, was standing still and crouching in anticipation. Aiming downwards at a target lying in the grass a few feet in front of me. The second bullet was already off target and the weapon was marching uncontrollably upwards and to the right with me in tow. No human strength can control that. Apart from the fact that noone on that day hit the target which was practically point blank anyways. Conclusion: SAWs and assault fire = forget it. Must deploy.

Hmm well i have fired my share of machineguns from the hip. and i was always able to book hits on the target.... In the army to fire a MG as follows... Hold the mg tight to the hip. Unlock the bipod grip both legs/arms (what ever you would call that) lean forward... like your legs make a kind of triangle shape... if you fire in bursts the mg should stay on target and not tip you of ballance... I know there was an instruction vid on youtube... coudnt find it...

CHeers Buck

#56: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: reinald PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:44 am
    —
reinald wrote (View Post):

Hmm well i have fired my share of machineguns from the hip. and i was always able to book hits on the target.... In the army to fire a MG as follows... Hold the mg tight to the hip. Unlock the bipod grip both legs/arms (what ever you would call that) lean forward... like your legs make a kind of triangle shape... if you fire in bursts the mg should stay on target and not tip you of ballance... I know there was an instruction vid on youtube... coudnt find it...

CHeers Buck

7.62mm weapon? Hmm, didn't work for me, we'll have to leave it at that cause I doubt we'll ever have the opportunity to go MG shooting together. Smile

Anyways, I don't see anybody assault-firing with such a weapon. IIRC it's 13kg heavy when loaded with a belt. Take a barbell, load 3kg of plates on each end and run around in your garden imagining firing the contraption while moving.  Laughing

#57: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: reinald PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:49 am
    —
Pete wrote (View Post):
The remark about the 2inch mortar was anticipated, only sooner Wink . Will try and fix this in the patch that I am currently working on. The same for assault fire: I think stock CC has this enabled in order make close assaulting more effective. Disabling it could result in your assaulting squad being slaughtered before they reach their target. I am going to test this though.

IIRC from my QClone days it should be an easy fix. There's a column for firing manner direct/indirec or sumpin and one for the color scheme if I'm not totally mistaken. Just check what value firearms have there and copy it, that should do it. Nice realism touch btw, thx.

As for assault fire. Dunno if the assault fire from bolt action rifles has ever done anything for me. It's more like you order them to run and the fools start to bang away at an enemy unit far away on the other side of the map which they happen to spot. Thereby revealing their own position. It's more a nuisance than useful. MPs and pistols should be assault firing IMO, everything else has to be deployed.

#58: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:35 pm
    —
Pete wrote (View Post):
The same for assault fire: I think stock CC has this enabled in order make close assaulting more effective. Disabling it could result in your assaulting squad being slaughtered before they reach their target. I am going to test this though.

Don't forget that stock CC5 features Americans with semi-auto rifles (Garand, M1 Carbine) capable of assault fire.
German bolt action rifles like the Kar98k should not have assault fire enabled...same principle for Brit SMLE.

#59: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: reinald PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:04 pm
    —
CAN snipers don't fire at light FlAK crews. "No target".

#60: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:25 pm
    —
Been working on these minor issues. Can not fix the turret misalignment. I copied those data from GJS\TRSM as well as the vehicle graphs so unless someone can offer a not too complicated solution I will leave it as it is.
I am also trying to make some sort of vetmod.

#61: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:10 pm
    —
2 minor issues:
Krabbendijke: there is a non-aligning texture near the large farm
Wildert: the house in the middle left, near the To Heybergen VP is coded as forrest floor with poor cover

Thanks for the mod. Love it.

#62: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: SQUIDMAN PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:17 am
    —
Not sure what is wrong with my install but when I manually install the mod everything is good until I get to the maps. I get large red boxs, in some areas. I have fixed it by replacing the Terrain file from mod with other in another game version. I get rid of the red blotches, but lose the win location ideas. IE Russian for allied locations. Small price to pay the mod is very good. Any ideas on what may cause red blocks? TEDD

#63: Re: Report Bugs in Battle of the Scheldt Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:34 pm
    —
Squid please confirm is you are doing a manual install (copying files yourself into the folders) or using the Config Manager plugin to install.

Easiest way is by plugin, and it sounds like you may have a corrupted install now. My advice would be to uninstall CC5, delete the SSI folder, reinstall CC5 and then follow this set of instructions --> http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=138.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1