Battle of the Scheldt has been released
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt

#1: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:30 pm
    —
Today we released our mod With Great Pride and Expectation. It took us over 6 years to make 44 maps. An entire new set of data based on the GJS TRSM data.

For further reading about the operation:
Battle of the Scheldt - Wikipedia

For Downloading:
CCS - Battle of the Scheldt - Download

I hope you guys will enjoying playing this mod!

CHeers Buck

#2: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:40 pm
    —
Congratulations! Downloading it right now Very Happy

#3: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:41 pm
    —
Thankyou wery much! Now i really must get me a new computer!! havent played CC for three months Sad(

Looking forward to it, looks fantastic!

/Mats

#4: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: dj PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:14 pm
    —
Thanks a million!  Great job on those maps.  I hear rumors of ABTF next?   Cool

#5: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:55 pm
    —
Congratulations on getting the mod done!!!

It is a hell of a lot of work and I look forward to using CC5 again because of the addition of another great mod for it....

#6: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: DAK_Von_ManteuffelLocation: Zaragoza (España) PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:25 pm
    —
Congratulations.

Thankyou wery much Wink

#7: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: 7A_Ghoa10Location: Spain PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:57 pm
    —
thanks for keep this game alive

#8: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:13 pm
    —
dj wrote (View Post):
 I hear rumors of ABTF next?   Cool

Hey DJ,

Those rumours are incorrect. There is indeed an OMG forum on my name. But I have stopped working on that project... Currently i'm busy doing an entire new project.

Cheers Buck

#9: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: karlmortarLocation: Falköping,Sweden PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:16 am
    —
Quote:
Hey DJ,

Those rumours are incorrect. There is indeed an OMG forum on my name. But I have stopped working on that project... Currently i'm busy doing an entire new project.

Cheers Buck

Awww, that's a shame.

As soon as I get back to my PC, I'll download and try this magnificent mod. Very Happy

#10: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: salhexe PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:47 am
    —
Congratulations  Very Happy

#11: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: yuma PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:50 pm
    —
Congrats to Buck and the team!  thank you all for perservering.  Looking forward to this alot!

#12: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: squadman45 PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:50 pm
    —
Congratulations, your baby is pretty (thanks to his mother hehehe).

Thanks for the mod, i can install again CC5  Wink

#13: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: FishBowlManLocation: Kidderminster, England PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:06 pm
    —
Thanks to Buck and the team for an excellent mod.

I'll need to adjust my tactics having been playing TRSM and Ardenne recently. Here, there's lots of long, flat maps with large fields of fire - ideal for at guns and mg to engage at long distances.

Great work Very Happy

#14: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:20 pm
    —
Congratulations.........

Thank you and your team for all the hard work over the years to bring this to fruition Smile

Cheers
Ronson

#15: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:58 pm
    —
Very Happy
downloading and reinstalling cc5

#16: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:08 pm
    —
Thanks for your kind words everyone. It's good to know that our work is appreciated and that people are reinstalling CC5  Smile . And yes, the long line of sight can be lethal.

#17: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: JammerLocation: Newport Pagnell, UK PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:55 pm
    —
Have been keeping my eye out for this mod virtually on a daily basis Buck, downloading now and finally I can get some sleep....well maybe not once download complete !!! Great work  Very Happy

#18: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:09 am
    —
Congrats and thanks!
I've been busy with other non-CC stuff these past few monts...but this long awaited mod will get me back into the CC5 trenches for sure!

#19: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: tedy28 PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:09 pm
    —
Great job,great mod i lack only Polisch soldiers Sad(

#20: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: SA2 PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:30 pm
    —
Oh yeah !

Thx Buck for your time and effort!

Grz,

Sam.

#21: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:04 pm
    —
tedy28 wrote (View Post):
Great job,great mod i lack only Polisch soldiers Sad(

Hey Tedy28

Concerning the polish force's. I recognized their presence in the region. But we had to fix a time scope for the mod. Wich obviously has excluded the Polish 1st armd Div. Wich was involved in combat near Breda wich wasn't in the battlefield of the Scheldt Operations.

Cheers Buck

#22: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:00 am
    —
Down loading it now.  Great news, Buck.  Thanks!

#23: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: iDot PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:06 am
    —
Thanks Buck

Mod looks fantastic!!!!

#24: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Tranchemontagne PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:58 pm
    —
Thanks a lot, great job.

Reinstalling CCV and downloading thr files. Very Happy

#25: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: strmMario84 PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:50 pm
    —
Thank's so much for keeping this game alive!!!!!

#26: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:53 am
    —
Congratulations are in order Buck, and you should win a medal for perseverence too!!

Cheers,

YG

#27: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:29 pm
    —
Oh Yes!!!!

Congratualtions on your fantastic new mod!  I have been looking forwards to this battle for a long time.

I have been very busy with non-CC stuff lately.... but I will download in the next two days.... and then be lost-to-the-world for some time!!!

Thank you and all of your assistants in this extremely huge task!  Great job!

#28: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:32 pm
    —
Excellent news, I took a break from the game for a few months and now have reason to come back.

#29: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: diggin.robatLocation: Land of the krauts PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:06 am
    —
Congratulations! Dwnldng now. CC5 is still alive.

Keep up the good work!

diggin

#30: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: gunship PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:31 am
    —
thx . good there are mods coming out

#31: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:56 pm
    —
Thank you mooxe for this site! & !!! to all who give ~ to support it !!

Are the pictures of the 44 new maps for this mod. post somewhere yet?

:D

Congrats! from a canadian.  :*)

#32: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:43 pm
    —
MF_Church wrote (View Post):
Thank you mooxe for this site! & !!! to all who give ~ to support it !!

Are the pictures of the 44 new maps for this mod. post somewhere yet?

:D

Congrats! from a canadian.  :*)

Hey MF_Church

this should be it ;)

Map Picture's

Cheers Buck

#33: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: HughbeastLocation: Wpg PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:08 am
    —
Awesome ! I've been checking for this for ages. Thanks guys, very much appreciated.

#34: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: zygov PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:33 pm
    —
Super awsome work from your side authors of this mod! And Polish troops where at Scheldt but earlier in half september. It was Polish 1st tank division which liberate towns like Axel and Hulst near Antwerp at 1944 september 16 , where in grand campaign begins Canadian unit NNova Scotia Highlanders. I think grand campaign begins with fight date in game 13 which is realy 1944 october 2nd. Isnt it? I was near Bergen op Zoom years ago;)

#35: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:54 pm
    —
zygov wrote (View Post):
Super awsome work from your side authors of this mod! And Polish troops where at Scheldt but earlier in half september. It was Polish 1st tank division which liberate towns like Axel and Hulst near Antwerp at 1944 september 16 , where in grand campaign begins Canadian unit NNova Scotia Highlanders. I think grand campaign begins with fight date in game 13 which is realy 1944 october 2nd. Isnt it? I was near Bergen op Zoom years ago;)

Hey Zygov,

Indeed the mod starts at the 15th October. This is because of 1 simple reason... Walcheren. If I would have started the mod at the 2nd I woudnt be able to put the walcheren operations in the timeline.

Officially the Battle of the Scheldt Lasted 85 days I believe... Some sir Thompson wrote a book about the battle called "the 85 days" if I'm not mistaken.

the 2nd October wasn't the start date... It was somewhere around 13 September. Elements of the 4th candian AD tried to corss the leopold canal. Also Polish forces liberated parts of West Zeeuws Flanders. And lets not forget the efforts of the British forces around Rijkevorsel wich gave the Canadians the final springboard they needed to get across the Dessel-Turnhout-Schoten canal, after some failed attemps near Brasschaet, to clear the Northern side of the Antwerp Port and march towards Beveland...

Cheers Buck

#36: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:38 pm
    —
O     M     Smile    God!

What a Labour in  l o v e  !

Wonderfully done Buck! Compton!!    tu tu tu tu tu tu THANK YOU ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !   Very Happy

#37: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: HANSEATLocation: PARIS PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:39 pm
    —
Great mod !!!

I'm now finishing on Walcheren.

I like the maps and the stratmap and the way the campaign is shaped too.

For me long awaited and not disappointed.

Thanks to all the mod-team of BoS.

#38: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: snoopy84Location: Budapest, Hungary PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:05 pm
    —
Thank you!

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into making this great mod, and congratulations for finishing it succesfully.

Heil Safari!

#39: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: AA_Megadeth PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:53 pm
    —
THANK YOU

All modders are my heroes, it takes great dedication to finish a mod, thank you Buck for this amazing piece of work.

#40: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:24 pm
    —
zygov wrote (View Post):
And Polish troops where at Scheldt but earlier in half september. It was Polish 1st tank division which liberate towns like Axel and Hulst near Antwerp at 1944 september 16

Do I detect the genesis of a sub-mod?!

#41: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:31 pm
    —
Thanks all for your comments. I just hope that you are actually enjoying this mod and finish a campaign Wink  .
@ Talorgan: no , we are not planning a submod. After the update we will focus all our efforts on something better.

#42: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: kastaLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:25 am
    —
Just stopped playing this new mod after 10 hours, with a 12 minute brake for food and toilettage!
What an awesome job done on this new mod. The sounds,the maps, all very well done!!!
You guys are computer masters!!
If we meet one day I would be glad to buy you a steak dinner! {not shitting!}
I am sure that you are proud of this great work you people have done!
For sure modders FAR surpass paid programmers who are good in only "Get the job done"
Modders capture the "feel" the "soul" of the game of CC.
Can you say this for the paid pros?
After all the mods that I have down loaded from this SUPER site, I just had to say my thanks to all here!
Ok, back to BLASTING the enemy....

#43: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: xemeriekx PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:46 pm
    —
Hello,

I've just tried to instal this new mod, but it keeps failing.
I have a number of different mods that work perfectly and this is the first one that causes trouble.
I'm not much of a computer expert, so I've taken a copy of what seems to be wrong.

Any help would be much obliged, because I really would like to play this battle.

Thanks in advance.

Emeriek

#44: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:57 pm
    —
@ xemeriekx : I wrote this reply also below your post in another thread: Please read the bug reporting thread here: bug thread

#45: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Silverpen PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:59 am
    —
Mod downloaded and installed perfectly..no problems.. I am playing campaign and have gone through three battles so far. Game is tough..terrain is  is restrictive and unforgiving.. If tanks go off road you're in trouble..ground is very soft in Holland. Super job on the maps. Really enjoying the Mod..Thank you very much.

Silverpen

#46: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Pzt_CoyoteLocation: Zwolle, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:03 pm
    —
Hooray for Buck!!!! Was a nice suprise finding it was released Smile Thanks

#47: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: reinald PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:55 pm
    —
Buck_Compton wrote (View Post):
I hope you guys will enjoying playing this mod!

I do. Tremendous work. Thx!

#48: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: pagskier PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:43 pm
    —
wow I'll get to install a mod!
but I tried and actuallly don't understand a thing
any1 could help me please I want to play that one!!

and thanks for your hard work that we will enjoy!

#49: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:07 pm
    —
Well, I'd love to help you out but I don't know what problems you are running into. Basically it comes down to this: Install CC5 on your C drive, install the patch 5.01, install Configuration manager 1.3 (for CC5) or perhaps Modswap if that is available for CC5 too (didnot look into that option yet) , download the Scheldt mod maps en copy into the Maps folder of your installation, download the Scheldt mod plugin and put it in the Plugins folder of the Configuration manager before running the CfgV13 application. Once you start up CfgV13 you should be able to see it in the  'Not installed' window and from there you can install the mod. For troubleshooting first check other threads on this forum  Wink

#50: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:32 am
    —
Note on modswap.

it is available and works for CC2, CC3, CC4,CC5, CoI and Modern Tactics.

The mods have to be converted though

Modswap versions of Cc4 Winter war and CC4 true Green are available Here http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/ClassicCC/ClassicCC.html

i also have a modswap version of Panzerfiend and Panzer marsch! for CC5

#51: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: pagskier PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:25 am
    —
I just played a bit on grand campaing
and damn great Mod!!
I can't really compare with other mods but it's awsome!

but now it's doing unable to open file for streaming
I can't open it anymore after a crash anyone know?

#52: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: TPMMLocation: Wolomin (near Warsaw), Poland PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:02 pm
    —
Hi.
I've just started playing it with my brother. I've played almost all of mods and I think that this one is of really good quality.

I've got some graphics problem - but I can't judge, whether it's the matter of this particular mod or my CC wants some holidays.

Pozdrawiam

#53: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: jagd_jar1 PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:02 am
    —
Been away from playing CC a while now - this looks great.
Thanks  Buck!!aand others

To the guys having problems

POST the EXACT steps you are using to install and we'll figure out what you are doing wrong.

#54: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: pagskier PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:14 am
    —
Nice Mod thank you!

#55: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Coenst PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:04 am
    —
Thanks Buck! (and the rest).

Didn't visit this site for a loooong time, really happy to see you finally finished the mod,
Downloading now, didn't try it ...yet.
After looking at the screenshots, it looks very promising.
Until now, I tried EVERY mod for CC5, so it's great to add this one to my collection.
May I ask you what your next project will be about?
I thought that ABTF (like some people said) would be a logical step, since you're living in Nijmegen (Not that far away from Arnhem).
In ieder geval, van harte bedankt!! Wink en de groeten uit de buurt van Kleve (Dld).

#56: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:09 pm
    —
Hi Coenst, check out our 2 new subforums in the Modding Workshop forum. We are currently working on the revived Ortona '43 mod and are preparing a mod about the Rhineland campaign with an emphasis on operations Veritable, Blockbuster and Grenade. So you might find your area represented in one of our new maps  Very Happy  

Cheers,

Pete

#57: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Whistler PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:09 pm
    —
Yep, reinstalling  8)

Goed werk!!

Found a nice documentary too, but it might be known, anyway... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5597009000933758900#

#58: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Rek PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:35 pm
    —
THANKS BUCK!!!!  Very Happy

#59: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: nhaupt PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:53 am
    —
for those having the acredits.bmp problem, go to your graphics subfolder, copy another .bmp file and rename it acredits.bmp, worked for me and no pesky re install necessary. great mod by the way, your hard work is much appreciated.

#60: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: dj PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:09 am
    —
Pete wrote (View Post):
Hi Coenst, check out our 2 new subforums in the Modding Workshop forum. We are currently working on the revived Ortona '43 mod and are preparing a mod about the Rhineland campaign with an emphasis on operations Veritable, Blockbuster and Grenade. So you might find your area represented in one of our new maps  Very Happy  

Cheers,

Pete

Good news.   Can't believe such a tiny infantry unit albeit FJ was able to defend against such a vasty superior force with lots of armour.  Also the Rhineland Campaign sounds very promising.  Nobody has done a mod on that before, not to mention Italy.

#61: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:32 pm
    —
This are great news. I have been away from CC the last few months and now I find TLD and this great mod, two things I was waiting for.
This is a great excuse for re installing CC5.

#62: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:42 am
    —
pretty good one eh ;)

hope you enjoy it...

cheers Buck

#63: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: hit951202 PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:56 pm
    —
Congratulations and thank you

#64: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:51 am
    —
Just fired this up last week.

I love the Trees and the Maps,kinda gives me that CC2 feel.

Is there any chance someone has a Grand campaign Guide for this yet?

#65: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:02 pm
    —
Hey Michael, I don't think we ever made a campaign guide for this mod. What is it you are looking for in a GC guide?

#66: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:22 pm
    —
Names/Connections/VL Totals/Barrages available.

#67: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:24 am
    —
Rec'd Terrible Victory by Mark Zuehlke (he has about 8 books now on Canadian WW2 battles) so I'll be playing the mod again as I read the book....

http://www.amazon.ca/Terrible-Victory-Canadian-September-13-November/dp/1553652274/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388107449&sr=1-1&keywords=terrible+victory

#68: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:28 pm
    —
I am not familiar with this title but I trust it is written in Zuehlke's usual entertaining style.

#69: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Treeburst PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:55 am
    —
Thanks Buck for an extraordinary mod! I just finished playing it as the allies today. Even against the dumb AI (not your fault!) it is easy to see how the Canadians would have had a tough job prying those Nazis out of there. I would not have liked to be an infantryman crawling up a narrow causeway with flooded fields either side, square in the sights of those MG34's, MG45's and 88's. Thanks to Monty, there were far too many widows and childless parents than would have been the case had the decision been made to clear the Scheldt an integral part of the Overlord operation rather than rushing into the ill-fated Operation Market-Garden debacle.

#70: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: sod98 PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:21 am
    —
Congrats and downloading as I type - Cheers

#71: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:36 pm
    —
Glad you liked it Treeburst. Let us not forget that it was the Allies who deliberately bombed the Zeeland seadikes in order to flood the land. They felt it was necessary because of the many heavy bunkers in the hinterland that were outfitted with artillery pieces trained at the beaches. Dozens of those bunkers are still there and are a true tourist attraction. Buck and I took great care to recreate both the bunkers and how they were positioned in the dunes [of course within the limits of a Close Combat mod]. Almost all the bunkers featured in this mod were drawn by Conrad who has also drawn the GtC maps.

#72: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:24 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Rec'd Terrible Victory by Mark Zuehlke (he has about 8 books now on Canadian WW2 battles) so I'll be playing the mod again as I read the book....

http://www.amazon.ca/Terrible-Victory-Canadian-September-13-November/dp/1553652274/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388107449&sr=1-1&keywords=terrible+victory  

Hey Tejszd, rereading your post I could not help but wonder what you thought of the mod and if you found it historically accurate enough.

#73: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: gotterdammerung PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:14 pm
    —
I've just been playing the Scheldt mod and wanted to thank you guys for making it. I've read Mark Zuehlke's book about the battle and read Denis Whitaker's book when i was a kid so playing this is a cool way to further explore the Canadian's fight to clear the Scheldt Estuary. Video games are becoming an art form comparable to books and film so this mod helps to tell their story and remember what they did. I don't remember town names but i recognize a lot of the geographical details from specific battles in the game that Zuehlke writes about in his book. You did a good job.

#74: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: sod98 PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:41 pm
    —
gotterdammerung wrote (View Post):
I've just been playing the Scheldt mod and wanted to thank you guys for making it. I've read Mark Zuehlke's book about the battle and read Denis Whitaker's book when i was a kid so playing this is a cool way to further explore the Canadian's fight to clear the Scheldt Estuary. Video games are becoming an art form comparable to books and film so this mod helps to tell their story and remember what they did. I don't remember town names but i recognize a lot of the geographical details from specific battles in the game that Zuehlke writes about in his book. You did a good job.

Funny enough I have been playing the same. It is very good. Thanks to the makers of the mod.

#75: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:40 pm
    —
Glad you like the mod! I fired up the mod several months ago and oh my, the things I would do differently today...

#76: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Pzt_Decoy PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:56 pm
    —
Any chance this excellent mod will be transfered to TLD?

#77: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:17 pm
    —
Pzt_Decoy wrote (View Post):
Any chance this excellent mod will be transfered to TLD?

It is near the bottom on my to do list.

#78: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:06 pm
    —
Pete, still near the top of your list (along with Buck) is Rhineland '45..... right?  Smile

#79: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:50 pm
    —
tripwire wrote (View Post):
Pete, still near the top of your list (along with Buck) is Rhineland '45..... right?  Smile

Right! Right after preserving sanity  Smile

#80: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:01 pm
    —
Pete wrote (View Post):

And having a life  Wink

#81: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:49 pm
    —
pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
Pete wrote (View Post):

And having a life  Wink

And probably a career Wink

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1