Battle of the Scheldt has been released
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt

#61: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:32 pm
    —
This are great news. I have been away from CC the last few months and now I find TLD and this great mod, two things I was waiting for.
This is a great excuse for re installing CC5.

#62: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:42 am
    —
pretty good one eh ;)

hope you enjoy it...

cheers Buck

#63: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: hit951202 PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:56 pm
    —
Congratulations and thank you

#64: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:51 am
    —
Just fired this up last week.

I love the Trees and the Maps,kinda gives me that CC2 feel.

Is there any chance someone has a Grand campaign Guide for this yet?

#65: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:02 pm
    —
Hey Michael, I don't think we ever made a campaign guide for this mod. What is it you are looking for in a GC guide?

#66: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:22 pm
    —
Names/Connections/VL Totals/Barrages available.

#67: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:24 am
    —
Rec'd Terrible Victory by Mark Zuehlke (he has about 8 books now on Canadian WW2 battles) so I'll be playing the mod again as I read the book....

http://www.amazon.ca/Terrible-Victory-Canadian-September-13-November/dp/1553652274/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388107449&sr=1-1&keywords=terrible+victory

#68: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:28 pm
    —
I am not familiar with this title but I trust it is written in Zuehlke's usual entertaining style.

#69: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Treeburst PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:55 am
    —
Thanks Buck for an extraordinary mod! I just finished playing it as the allies today. Even against the dumb AI (not your fault!) it is easy to see how the Canadians would have had a tough job prying those Nazis out of there. I would not have liked to be an infantryman crawling up a narrow causeway with flooded fields either side, square in the sights of those MG34's, MG45's and 88's. Thanks to Monty, there were far too many widows and childless parents than would have been the case had the decision been made to clear the Scheldt an integral part of the Overlord operation rather than rushing into the ill-fated Operation Market-Garden debacle.

#70: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: sod98 PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:21 am
    —
Congrats and downloading as I type - Cheers

#71: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:36 pm
    —
Glad you liked it Treeburst. Let us not forget that it was the Allies who deliberately bombed the Zeeland seadikes in order to flood the land. They felt it was necessary because of the many heavy bunkers in the hinterland that were outfitted with artillery pieces trained at the beaches. Dozens of those bunkers are still there and are a true tourist attraction. Buck and I took great care to recreate both the bunkers and how they were positioned in the dunes [of course within the limits of a Close Combat mod]. Almost all the bunkers featured in this mod were drawn by Conrad who has also drawn the GtC maps.

#72: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:24 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Rec'd Terrible Victory by Mark Zuehlke (he has about 8 books now on Canadian WW2 battles) so I'll be playing the mod again as I read the book....

http://www.amazon.ca/Terrible-Victory-Canadian-September-13-November/dp/1553652274/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388107449&sr=1-1&keywords=terrible+victory  

Hey Tejszd, rereading your post I could not help but wonder what you thought of the mod and if you found it historically accurate enough.

#73: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: gotterdammerung PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:14 pm
    —
I've just been playing the Scheldt mod and wanted to thank you guys for making it. I've read Mark Zuehlke's book about the battle and read Denis Whitaker's book when i was a kid so playing this is a cool way to further explore the Canadian's fight to clear the Scheldt Estuary. Video games are becoming an art form comparable to books and film so this mod helps to tell their story and remember what they did. I don't remember town names but i recognize a lot of the geographical details from specific battles in the game that Zuehlke writes about in his book. You did a good job.

#74: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: sod98 PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:41 pm
    —
gotterdammerung wrote (View Post):
I've just been playing the Scheldt mod and wanted to thank you guys for making it. I've read Mark Zuehlke's book about the battle and read Denis Whitaker's book when i was a kid so playing this is a cool way to further explore the Canadian's fight to clear the Scheldt Estuary. Video games are becoming an art form comparable to books and film so this mod helps to tell their story and remember what they did. I don't remember town names but i recognize a lot of the geographical details from specific battles in the game that Zuehlke writes about in his book. You did a good job.

Funny enough I have been playing the same. It is very good. Thanks to the makers of the mod.

#75: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:40 pm
    —
Glad you like the mod! I fired up the mod several months ago and oh my, the things I would do differently today...

#76: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: Pzt_Decoy PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:56 pm
    —
Any chance this excellent mod will be transfered to TLD?

#77: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:17 pm
    —
Pzt_Decoy wrote (View Post):
Any chance this excellent mod will be transfered to TLD?

It is near the bottom on my to do list.

#78: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:06 pm
    —
Pete, still near the top of your list (along with Buck) is Rhineland '45..... right?  Smile

#79: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:50 pm
    —
tripwire wrote (View Post):
Pete, still near the top of your list (along with Buck) is Rhineland '45..... right?  Smile

Right! Right after preserving sanity  Smile

#80: Re: Battle of the Scheldt has been released Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:01 pm
    —
Pete wrote (View Post):
tripwire wrote (View Post):

Right! Right after preserving sanity  Smile

And having a life  Wink

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
Page 4 of 5