Finns soldiers
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Karelia

#1: Finns soldiers Author: zygov PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:44 am
    —
Is there beter iq of computer soldiers in this mod? But there is nothing more scarry than Finns dig out from snow in winter war mod... there was real hard time when my tanks drive through field and meanwhile 5-10 meters from them Finns appears and throwing granades, explosives or molotovs. I recommend this mod one of hardest vs computer Smile

#2: Re: Finns soldiers Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:18 pm
    —
I will give this mod a try. I like playing against a hard computer...

#3: Re: Finns soldiers Author: zygov PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:39 am
    —
Mod 'Winter War' is hardest mod in cc5, despite that Finns dont have much tanks:( In my grand campaign they had only 10 of them (which were easy destroyed). While playing against computer i make that advance... never replanish positions of my soldiers, never let Finns units go out of map before they exhausted all their battle squads, when their force morale drop till almost nothing i give truce and my divisions movement are same as it was in real war. With this obstacles i've lost 327 tanks in all campaign. For comparision in Gold, Juno, Sword mod i had lost only 105 tanks (even Germans had Panthers and other deathly tanks). And most important in this mod... hard to see and hard to shoot opponent soldiers from tank, not like it is in for example battle of Scheldt where 3 soldiers from my sherman killed togeter around 50 soldiers in turnheuzen while they wanted to cross the bridge Laughing
Thanks to authors of this mod!!

#4: Re: Finns soldiers Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:51 pm
    —
I suppose you mean the mod for CC5 called Winter War and its great! http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=27

CC5 Karelia is a summer mod Wink

Mats

#5: Re: Finns soldiers Author: zygov PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:28 am
    —
Yes i wrote about 'Winter War'. But 'Karelia 2' which should have name 'Continiuation War' is also awsome (i play it right now). Also good work with that mod Wink

#6: Re: Finns soldiers Author: Sapa PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:46 am
    —
zygov wrote (View Post):
Yes i wrote about 'Winter War'. But 'Karelia 2' which should have name 'Continiuation War' is also awsome (i play it right now). Also good work with that mod Wink

Thanks! But i dont agree about the name...Winter War lasted for 105 days, Continuation War lasted from summer -41 to autum -44.

Karelia 2 is about the "Vyborg Operation" on Kareilan Isthmus to retake (Vyborg /Viipuri)

Mats

#7: Re: Finns soldiers Author: Sapa PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:15 pm
    —
The second phase of the operation started after the fall of Vyborg (June 20 1944) in eastern Karelia and could be a mod of itself...

It was called Svir–Petrozavodsk Offensive (21 June 1944 - 9 August 1944) The major parts of the Finnish Army had been moved from eastern Karelia to protect Karelian Isthmus and was involved in the battles of Tali - Ihantala and Vuosalmi...

Mats

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Karelia

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1