TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#161: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:19 pm
    —
Axis commanders ... I suggest you click through the days while in the strategic map to see when and where new BG's become available.
I did this to try and figure out some things related to this cohesion error.
You will notice there is not any new BG's arriving at Pont L'Abbe or Amfreville major depots. My guess is ... this probably reflects the historical conditions of lack of new units arriving to support this area.
Therefore disbanded northern (non beach defending) BG's will return there is whatever state the game determines.

#162: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:09 am
    —
If those depots have units on them currently, they should not show reinforcements coming at a later date. As far as I know, only empty depots will reveal reinforcement schedual.

#163: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:31 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
If those depots have units on them currently, they should not show reinforcements coming at a later date. As far as I know, only empty depots will reveal reinforcement schedual.

For Example:
grab the Axis save 5 in the forum ... Look at the Bayeux map. Day 6 it shows it being currently occupied by 915/352 ... Then click day 7, you will see a new BG Schnelle 50.
This new BG probably won't arrive here until the previous BG has been disbanded or moved, but is set to arrive on day 7.

#164: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:02 am
    —
Upon further testing with Allied save 68 ... I have again encountered 729/709 being disbanded with total defeat when the battle results suggested they should have held.

I tried it earlier about six times and it worked as it should, but now with further tests ... I'm back to getting that problem again.
save 68 is right on a strategic turn ... so maybe that is the problem. For testing ... I've removed all but the save file I'm using. Having other saves at various stages seems to all blend together with the latest played result, which adds further confusion.
Sometimes the no cohesion BG's have appropriate battle results, and other times with the exact save downloaded again and put in the save folder by itself ... ends up with this same no cohesion BG failing to hold a map under any battle result.
you can try this from RD_DD's save 68 at the bottom of this page ... linked below.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7960&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

#165: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 am
    —
Tried it again starting with save 67, which is at  Bayeux, one battle before the strategic turn.
Fought at Bayeux (against AI) and won as Allied commander. Then did the  strategic turn ... and moved 506/101 from Pont L'Abbed to Amfreville.  First battle after that is at Amfreville against 729/709. Battled hard,  and pushed the Allies to a morale break, but the battle still ended with  a total Allied victory, even though the battle results showed the Axis  side with higher morale. Axis side also had all but three VL's.
There definitely is some varying results which don't seem right.

sorry for the back and forth comments, but it seemed things had gotten  straightened out there for a while. Very strange testing session.

I think programmers built in another layer of AI that detects when someone is troubleshooting the game. This activates a program that produces varying results ... so no one will ever be able to figure this out.  lol [Smile]

any further reference to this problem will be in the TLD bug forum

#166: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:01 pm
    —
Since there is sometimes an error with no cohesion BG's ... I would like to suggest a work around, until a fix is found.

As mooxe mentioned, there is definitely a bug ... thanks again for noticing (and testing) this error.
And the obvious way to tell when it occurs is when the battle results, listed at the end of a battle, don't match the result the game produces.
For example: Axis BG had higher morale than Allied BG and had three or more VL's ... but was still disbanded with total map loss.

I still want to continue this campaign from the last save 87, (not save 68 ), but suggest when this error happens ... the opposing BG also gets disbanded manually at the next strategic turn, in order to compensate for this error. This error has already happened two times.

Therefore, during the next Strategic turn ... I  will disband 69/50 at Bretteville and 506/101 now at La Fiere, but was at Amfreville when this error occurred.

Also, I just did some more testing, and again found both results happening ... a no cohesion BG with correct results, and the error too.
I also tested an Allied BG,  231/50 that ended up with no cohesion after returning from disbandment. It fought again at Bayeux after moving off the beach ... and won the battle.

#167: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Author: tacoman5000 PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:33 pm
    —
I am very interested in this idea. I would love to play.

#168: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Author: namztukxamLocation: Portland, Oregon PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:07 pm
    —
Hey everybody....  whatever happened with this public GC?  I haven't played online in a while and thought it would be fun to rejoin the GC.  oh well.

#169: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Author: Priapus PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:27 am
    —
There's a new one. Both me and deathdealer appear to be the only vaguely active players so come get involved.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  :| |:
Page 9 of 9