Armored Brigade - Against the Odds
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

#1: Armored Brigade - Against the Odds Author: Therion PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:25 pm
    —
An Armored Brigade battle report.
Armored Brigade is a cool freeware game similar to Close Combat but with less dramatism and gore and more modern mechanics. Yeah and a working AI.

A reinforced infantry company is trying to stop an unexpected OPFOR attack. Inspired by this thingie.

The bright green writing on screens is my descriptions.

My forces:
1 Infantry HQ
3 Infantry Platoons
3 M47 Dragon Sections
1 TOW-2 Section
1 Medium Mortar Section
1 Scout Section
Two AH-1F Cobra gunships.

Enemy forces:
2 T72B Tank Platoons
1 BMP2 Mechanized Infantry Company
1 Medium Mortar Section
1 BRDM-2 Scout Section
Artillery Support (18 tubes)

3 Enemy AFVs from the second screen advance forward. The front one gets engaged by my two TOW-2 ATGM teams.
Both of them miss at the extreme range.
They stop firing after it gets obscured by smoke.

My last M47 section gets destroyed by enemy artillery fire on 41:09.
Things look very bad - the enemy armour (1 T72B tank platoon and 1 BMP2 mechanized infantry company) can get to my VP.
I made a big error by spreading my infantry squads along the line. Also, AT teams need a more limited LoS so that they wouldn't be spotted as easily.

Enemy tanks approached the victory location. I prepared an ambush.

The first tank was engaged too soon by just a single squad (I set the engagement ranges wrong). The squad gets suppressed and destroyed. To make things worse it's fired at not only by the tanks but also by an enemy ZSU-23.

My AGL teams engage the ZSU-23 and get quickly destroyed.

Other two tanks get engaged by two remaining squads. One of them gets destroyed and then both squads run out of LAWs and got destroyed.

All of my remaining forces are in a wrong part of the map and I can't retake the VL, so I give up.

Fuck.

#2: Re: Armored Brigade - Against the Odds Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:40 am
    —
Downloading now Smile

#3: Re: Armored Brigade - Against the Odds Author: ograndoLocation: Treviso - Italy PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:01 pm
    —
I only quickly try it, but my first impression is good. It reminds me vaguely an army version of "Harpoon". Maybe "steel panther" is better, but this game is in real time.

#4: Re: Armored Brigade - Against the Odds Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:45 pm
    —
it stops working when i try to run the aBrigade.exe,  how can i fix this i have tried xp competibility option, it still doesnt work

#5: Re: Armored Brigade - Against the Odds Author: ograndoLocation: Treviso - Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:23 am
    —
I dont know  Sad , to me it work on winXP and win7 too. Are you see an error window, with the type of error?

Take a look in the games forum, or ask for the problem there to the developer Wink

#6: Re: Armored Brigade - Against the Odds Author: Therion PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:14 pm
    —
ogrando wrote (View Post):
I only quickly try it, but my first impression is good. It reminds me vaguely an army version of "Harpoon". Maybe "steel panther" is better, but this game is in real time.

Steel Panthers are on a bit too big scale with too precise mechanics to work well for me in TB.
I would like it if I would command a single platoon, but when whole companies are involved, there's way too much micromanagement  for that level of command.
Also, something about its mechanics feels really off to me. It doesn't even have a defined length of a turn.

#7: Re: Armored Brigade - Against the Odds Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:08 am
    —
ogrando wrote (View Post):
I dont know  Sad , to me it work on winXP and win7 too. Are you see an error window, with the type of error?

Take a look in the games forum, or ask for the problem there to the developer Wink

There is an updated Beta version 6.5, that is not on the main page, if you look in the forums at the site you will find a link, perhaps that might help.

#8: Re: Armored Brigade - Against the Odds Author: Therion PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:48 pm
    —
Try asking on the AB forums.

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1