Mobile Internet USB Sticks
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Mobile Internet USB Sticks Author: Pzt_bebusszmski PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:18 pm
    —
What are people's experiences of playing CC5 (or anything else) online using one of these mobile internet usb sticks? Is it easy to change the settings for these things? I am considering changing my internet connection, as I have a shared connection and can't change any of the firewall settings etc, hence no CC5...

Thanks,

beb

#2: Re: Mobile Internet USB Sticks Author: Bulker PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:12 pm
    —
It will without a doubt be good enough for Close Combat games. But it might not be good enough for shooters and such that have more people playing.

#3: Re: Mobile Internet USB Sticks Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:09 am
    —
i copied my TLD game over to a memory stick and it gave me an error.  do i have to install the game in the flash drive directly??  or will only the original games work.

#4: Re: Mobile Internet USB Sticks Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:53 am
    —
i copied my TLD game over to a memory stick and it gave me an error.  do i have to install the game in the flash drive directly??  or will only the original games work.

#5: Re: Mobile Internet USB Sticks Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:33 am
    —
You will need to install onto the memory stick directly. But it still wouldn't be transportable probably as there would be no registry entries on a host computer, and the drive letter would need to be maintained.

#6: Re: Mobile Internet USB Sticks Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:30 am
    —
If you're using a memory stick or flashdisk...edit the registry...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day

Modify the Installed to value to match the memory stick drive letter.

#7: Re: Mobile Internet USB Sticks Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:04 pm
    —
1.- Install it on an usb memory flash drive in your home
2.- Locate the registry entries(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mattel Interactive\Close Combat\5.01)
3.- Make a backup of them (Export) and save it in the usb, also save a nocd exe or install a virtual drive on the other PC and mount an image of the cd
4.- Run the *.reg you saved in your usb, but edit the installed to letter as squadleader says. You can edit it with an text editor
6.- Play!

#8: Re: Mobile Internet USB Sticks Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:13 am
    —
For CC5 without no-CD exe...you need to edit the Installedfrom value to match where your CC5 CD image is loaded on the virtual drive.

#9: Re: Mobile Internet USB Sticks Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:53 am
    —
ok guys, sorry for being a non-computer person.  when you say save the registry on the flash drive, do you mean the whole registry or a portion of it.  

forgive me but can you give me the dummy version on how to this.

#10: Re: Mobile Internet USB Sticks Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:21 pm
    —
Just save this entry:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mattel Interactive\Close Combat\5.01

Locate it, right click, choose export and then save it to your usb stick. it will create a *.reg file

When you're on another machine, I recommend to save the entire directory of Close Combat 5 Invasion Normandy to that machine, then edit the *.reg file accordingly (change the paths to where you have the CC5 directory, remember to use double \\) Then you can run the *.reg file and it will add the necessary registry entries on the local machine for you to play the game.

Be warned that schools and some other places have some times restrictions on modifying the computer.

Good luck!

#11: Re: Mobile Internet USB Sticks Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:29 pm
    —
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
Just save this entry:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mattel Interactive\Close Combat\5.01

Locate it, right click, choose export and then save it to your usb stick. it will create a *.reg file

When you're on another machine, I recommend to save the entire directory of Close Combat 5 Invasion Normandy to that machine, then edit the *.reg file accordingly (change the paths to where you have the CC5 directory, remember to use double \\) Then you can run the *.reg file and it will add the necessary registry entries on the local machine for you to play the game.

Be warned that schools and some other places have some times restrictions on modifying the computer.

Good luck!

I will get in trouble with my company if i mess with their laptop.  would it be possible to install on the stick and just use a cd rom?

i am just surprised that no has created a no-cd exe of the original games.

thanks a bunch

#12: Re: Mobile Internet USB Sticks Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:35 pm
    —
There is no-cd patches for the originals, but the game still makes entries to the registry.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1