Der Ost Front 2.0 Germans versus AI Vet Mod
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

#1: Der Ost Front 2.0 Germans versus AI Vet Mod Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:24 am
    —
All-

Created a singleplayer Cross of Iron mod for Der Ost Front 2.0.

It is German versus AI only. Here's the CCS link to the plugin:

Germans vs AI only Der Ost Front 2.0

The readme explains it all. Don't forget the mappack- here's the CCS link:

Der Ost Front 2.0 mappack

For the best challenge, you must do this:

1) Play HERO difficulty level
2) Set the timer to 20 minute battles
3) Have 100% realism on the settings
4) Don't cheat if the AI is having a good day
5) Select the Grand Campaign - Battles of HeeresGruppe Sud

The AI is surprisingly aggressive...

Prepare yourself for hell on the Eastern FrontĀ Twisted Evil

Last edited by RD_DeathDealer on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Der Ost Front 2.0 Germans versus AI Mod Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:46 pm
    —
cool
i love DOF, really enjoyed it

thx  Twisted Evil

#3: Re: Der Ost Front 2.0 Germans versus AI Mod Author: BazookajoeLocation: Portland, Oregon PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:44 am
    —
Yes, thank you very much for making one of my favorite mods even more fun!

#4: Re: Der Ost Front 2.0 Germans versus AI Mod Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:31 am
    —
Thanks-

AI fights a tough battle for sure...

#5: Re: Der Ost Front 2.0 Germans versus AI Mod Author: yuma PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:16 am
    —
thanks......gonna grab this one!

#6: Re: Der Ost Front 2.0 Germans versus AI Vet Mod Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:00 am
    —
Going to give this one a try as well. Will let you know how well I did.

#7: Re: Der Ost Front 2.0 Germans versus AI Vet Mod Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:23 am
    —
Alrighty then-

Good luck

#8: Re: Der Ost Front 2.0 Germans versus AI Vet Mod Author: ArmeeGruppeSud PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:25 am
    —
Guten tag kameraden

Its good to see that there is still interest in the DOF mod, I must apologise for the fact that i never completed DOF3.

99% of the Data Base file modding had been done.
The revamped Campaigns were 70-80% completed.
Since i got married lin March 2009 i have not had time to do any more

Some work needed to be outsourced (UI & gadget files).
Since CSO went down, i lost contact with the people who helped me with them.

Cheers
AGS

P.S. @ RD_DeathDealer, what did u do to make AI more aggressive?
The one thing that i have found that best helps the AI is what you do with the VLs

#9: Re: Der Ost Front 2.0 Germans versus AI Vet Mod Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:48 am
    —
Just grabbing it now for a look.    Who knows  I might even bop out a map or two Very Happy

#10: Re: Der Ost Front 2.0 Germans versus AI Vet Mod Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:46 am
    —
ArmeeGruppeSud-

First of all, thanks for the awesome mod. It's the best COI/CC3 mod out there.
DOF3 sounds great...hope it gets finished.

As for the aggressive AI in this vet mod...

I think it's a combination of lowering the accuracy of german weapons and bumping up the helmut & body armor values in the soldier text file. Russian soldiers don't just die off when they come under fire...they stay alive longer and have more time to fire back/move. This compensates for the slow reactions of the AI. The Russian squads have additional men in each of them too, which make them tougher to deal with. That's the theory anyways...

Yea there are other ways to make the AI behave differently (VLs or registry editing, for example) but the above methods were what I chose and this worked out well.

Let me know if you need .wav files, sounds, or a sound.sfx file made for your DOF3 mod, I'd be glad to help.

#11: Re: Der Ost Front 2.0 Germans versus AI Vet Mod Author: ll_Alexis_llLocation: Paris, France PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:10 pm
    —
Many thanks for the mod, RD!
As a huge fan of AGS' DOF2, I am very happy to see other enthusiasts around!

I hope DOF3 will come through...

#12: Re: Der Ost Front 2.0 Germans versus AI Vet Mod Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:58 am
    —
i have installed the mod and when i get to the start page the only button that is active is the options and back button. all the other buttons are disabled.

have i missed something?

I am running windows vista home 64

please advise, because i want to start this game asap.

thanks,

#13: Re: Der Ost Front 2.0 Germans versus AI Vet Mod Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:27 am
    —
general_solomon wrote (View Post):
i have installed the mod and when i get to the start page the only button that is active is the options and back button. all the other buttons are disabled.

have i missed something?

I am running windows vista home 64

please advise, because i want to start this game asap.

thanks,

I found the problem, there is none, you have to move the cursor around the screen to find the mod start buttons.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1