modding medals?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: modding medals? Author: mickstedt PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:20 pm
    —
Hello!

I´m a modding newbi who´s wondering if anyone knows if it it is possible to modd the medals the soldiers occasssionally recives in close combat invasion of normandy? And also if it is possible to mod the prerequistes for these medals? i.e  3 kills for the bronze star etc.?

plez

#2: Re: modding medals? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:41 am
    —
I hope you get an answer for this as I dont ever recall anyone trying to change it.

#3: Re: modding medals? Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:02 am
    —
AFAIK, you can mod/edit the medal graphics of course...but not the prerequisites without dissassembling the exe (not recommended and you might not even find the right hex values to edit).

#4: Re: modding medals? Author: mickstedt PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:01 pm
    —
thanks for replying. where can i find the grafhics for the medals and what program do i use to change them?

#5: Re: modding medals? Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:00 am
    —
For CC5?
ScrnGadg.gdg found in [drive]:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\Graphics\

You need GadgetMunger tool to extract and repack the graphic files.
Photoshop or other graphic editors to edit/create new medals.

#6: Re: modding medals? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:09 am
    —
To add to Squadleaders post filp the images you edit vertically and save as 16 bit.TGA

#7: Re: modding medals? Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:50 am
    —
Here's a list of CC5 medals from various mods (compiled by Kartboy6):

#8: Re: modding medals? Author: mickstedt PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:23 am
    —
hey! thanks for all the help! i´ll try it out

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1