CC4 Huge Tree
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: CC4 Huge Tree Author: yuma PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:56 pm
    —
Does anyone have a CC4 huge tree shadow and sprite they would like to share here.
Preferably with the right numeric code for 3C.  And/or the numeric numbers the game uses to place them and I could make my own.
Thanks!

#2: Re: CC4 Huge Tree Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:37 am
    —
It's already in 3C's CC4elem file

#3: Re: CC4 Huge Tree Author: yuma PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:37 am
    —
yep my bad...am just needing a shadow and number to match with it.  I can make a new shadow...just don't know what number matches it (shadow) up with the sprite

#4: Re: CC4 Huge Tree Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:53 am
    —
In War it's sprites 462-465

I think it is the same for CC4

#5: Re: CC4 Huge Tree Author: yuma PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:55 pm
    —
Thanks Schreck...I'll give it a try.

#6: Re: CC4 Huge Tree Author: yuma PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:05 pm
    —
I'm guessing 3C may not be able to create a shadow for the CC4 huge tree element as there are four different elements at play for each corner of the tree being coded (lower left, lower right, upper left, upper right).  The element numbers are 9, 124, 156, and 157.
But instead of getting one big tree shadow I am getting 4 seperate tree shadows for each corner element.

#7: Re: CC4 Huge Tree Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:11 am
    —
Are you looking to have the Sprites and Vehicles go under your Tree shadows?

#8: Re: CC4 Huge Tree Author: yuma PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:55 am
    —
not really, especially as far as vehicles go....would like to restrict vehicles to roads as much as possible.  I'm finally finishing up my re-work of all the CC4 maps if anybody would be interested.  Four years of doing little bits here and there. I stopped for over a year and forgot how to do everything  Rolling Eyes

#9: Re: CC4 Huge Tree Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:08 am
    —
yuma wrote (View Post):
I'm guessing 3C may not be able to create a shadow for the CC4 huge tree element as there are four different elements at play for each corner of the tree being coded (lower left, lower right, upper left, upper right).  The element numbers are 9, 124, 156, and 157.
But instead of getting one big tree shadow I am getting 4 seperate tree shadows for each corner element.

Shouldn't there be just 1 element for any tree. The game will draw a shadow for each pixel coded tree.

#10: Re: CC4 Huge Tree Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:18 am
    —
I can look but I doubt I saved my Tree shadows.
I want to say it was yukongold who gave them to me ,then I changed them a little.
I'll pull all my disks out and see what I have or dont have.
What I did have looked like below.

I for one would definatly be interested in playing any new/redone maps for CCIV.

Huge Tree Shadow.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.57 KB
 Viewed:  6157 Time(s)

Huge Tree Shadow.jpg

#11: Re: CC4 Huge Tree Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:45 am
    —
You have to paint the shadow on the map and then code in the 4 tree parts with the shadow centred.

#12: Re: CC4 Huge Tree Author: yuma PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:33 am
    —
I was afraid of that Schreck  Crying or Very sad

#13: Re: CC4 Huge Tree Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
    —
I think you can do it in one shot with 5CC

#14: Re: CC4 Huge Tree Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:02 pm
    —
Here's a view using 3C

See the spacing for the Huge conifer with the shadow centred

Huge_conifer.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  178.84 KB
 Viewed:  6128 Time(s)

Huge_conifer.jpg

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1