CCSS
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: CCSS Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:57 pm
    —
You can't force your friends and family to play CC.. But you can force your computer to!
Beat your computer into submission by forcing it to beat itself into submission!

The CloseCombat ScreenSaver

Let me know in the gutterbox fourms if anyone has any technical issues..

#2: Re: CCSS Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:37 pm
    —
I tried but I failed.
Aaron, canĀ“t open the file it says.
Well I am not a geek. So I think I fecked it up.

#3: Re: CCSS Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:59 pm
    —
Hi, Thanks for trying it out, sorry your having trouble.
Did you read the readme.txt file included in the download? It gives simple instructions about running it.

#4: Re: CCSS Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:00 pm
    —
Spinlock wrote (View Post):
Hi, Thanks for trying it out, sorry your having trouble.
Did you read the readme.txt file included in the download? It gives simple instructions about running it.

Yeah I read it first.
But you see, I suck at computing. Ill give it another try later.

#5: Re: CCSS Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:05 pm
    —
Its really simple actually.  No 'computing' involved.

#6: Re: CCSS Author: petwin PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:38 am
    —
I downloaded it and though i'm not comfortable with putting unknown .ini files in my system32 folder i checked it out and it seems legit (no offense Wink).

Might try it tonight or tomorrow!

#7: Re: CCSS Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:40 am
    —
petwin wrote (View Post):
I downloaded it and though i'm not comfortable with putting unknown .ini files in my system32 folder i checked it out and it seems legit (no offense Wink).

Might try it tonight or tomorrow!

Thanks for trying it out.
The ini is just a plain text file and you can see everything inside just relates to the screensaver.
Let me know what you think when you get it running
Cheers

#8: Re: CCSS Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:53 am
    —
Seriously??
No one else willing to try it out?

Exciting CC action!
Updated effects!
You'll totally get laid when when the ladies see your new CC screensaver.

For those of you running linux, I been told it works great in Wine too.
If no one is interested I'll probably stop making any updates. ;(

#9: Re: CCSS Author: petwin PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:01 am
    —
Tried installing it according to instructions now, i get the text saying "loadin map" in the upper left corner, when it reachen 100% it just returns back to desktop. Advice?

#10: Re: CCSS Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:19 am
    —
Are you really claiming copyright over a concept and name you disn't create, images you don't own and didn't create....c'mon.

#11: Re: CCSS Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:45 pm
    —
Ok, the screensaver seems a bit difficult for people, so i've created a new version as a stand alone exe.
just unzip the download into a new directory and run. Easy as pie.

Here is the new download

petwin wrote (View Post):

Tried installing it according to instructions now, i get the text saying "loadin map" in the upper left corner, when it reachen 100% it just returns back to desktop. Advice?

I'm not sure, it should work fine based on the instructions. I tested the download on my computers here using the same method.
Try the new standalone version and let me know how that works. No setup is needed. (unless you want to change the screen res)

schrecken wrote (View Post):

Are you really claiming copyright over a concept and name you disn't create, images you don't own and didn't create....c'mon.

No, I'm retaining rights to the code and and executable which is 100% created by me. So if i remove the (c) symbol then your all good?
I don't know the the names of the original authors of the maps/art. I'm more than happy to give proper credit to the artists if I knew who to credit.

I admit I didn't i didnt expect the ccss to generate this much animosity. I assumed that if anyone was interested in it, it would be the CC community. ;(
why have only 15 squads per side? pffft.. have 40!

#12: Re: CCSS Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:10 am
    —
I've updated the download again with an easy to use installer.
This version will require no setup and even detects your resolution for best display.

Get it here!

Screenshot for the extra timid wargamers among you.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1