Salvaged "Admiral Garf Spee" Nazi Emblem maybe 4 S
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Salvaged "Admiral Garf Spee" Nazi Emblem maybe 4 S Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:04 am
    —
Seems to be the flavour of the month.

http://en.mercopress.com/2010/03/10/germany-wants-graf-spee-nazi-eagle-displayed-in-a-museum

I would have thought it a war grave even though she was scuttled and the dead from the "River Plate" battle buried ashore.

#2: Re: Salvaged "Admiral Garf Spee" Nazi Emblem maybe Author: Infidel PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:38 am
    —
In the words of Indiana Jones... "That belongs in a museum!"

#3: Re: Salvaged "Admiral Garf Spee" Nazi Emblem maybe Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:09 am
    —
Interesting story, did not know it was scuttled. A museum yes, a private collector, no.

#4: Re: Salvaged "Admiral Garf Spee" Nazi Emblem maybe Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:17 am
    —
Here is a Movietone news clip of the event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKONsGvrEWw&feature=related

And the old boys reckon the music of today is bad

There are a lot more detailed clips of Graf Spee on You Tube

#5: Re: Salvaged "Admiral Garf Spee" Nazi Emblem maybe Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:58 am
    —
Bungarra wrote (View Post):
Seems to be the flavour of the month.

Laughing

It´s a grave. Have some decency eventhough they are big bad nazis.

#6: Re: Salvaged "Admiral Garf Spee" Nazi Emblem maybe Author: Wastemoreland PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:58 am
    —
I like this one better  Crying or Very sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKAnD9Dn6VE&feature=fvsr

#7: Re: Salvaged "Admiral Garf Spee" Nazi Emblem maybe Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:27 pm
    —
Maybe it should be presented to Sir Henry Harwoods family, seeing as it was his cruiser sqn. that brought about the end of the Graf Spee.

Cheers
Ronson

#8: Re: Salvaged "Admiral Garf Spee" Nazi Emblem maybe Author: 7A_Loki PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:05 am
    —
The Nazi's are not Big and Bad they were defeated! It's been proven that a majority of the world populations wont put up with there nonsense!

#9: Re: Salvaged "Admiral Garf Spee" Nazi Emblem maybe Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:46 am
    —
Tippi-Simo wrote (View Post):

It´s a grave. Have some decency eventhough they are big bad nazis.

As far as i know, the Graf Spee is not a grave. The 36 dead from the previous battle had been buried on the 15th December on the German cemetery in Montevideo. Two days later the ship was scuttled by its crew, and I'm pretty sure everyone got away from that...  :roll:

I'm no expert on maritime laws, but all wrecks are not graves, mustn't they be declared tombs before they are considered graves? Otherwise there is a rather big bunch of wrecks that should be left alone out of decency.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1