The Pacific
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: The Pacific Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:40 am
    —
Anyone watch it yet? 1st episode was Sunday March 14th. I have the soundtrack, reminds me of the Saving Private Ryan soundtrack.. mellow..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374463/

#2: Re: The Pacific Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:47 pm
    —
Creators of BoB, no thanks.

#3: Re: The Pacific Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:09 pm
    —
Torrent is up, they show some very graphic scenes of mutilation.

#4: Re: The Pacific Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:32 pm
    —
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
Torrent is up, they show some very graphic scenes of mutilation.

Thanks,
So I will give it a try then Smile

#5: Re: The Pacific Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 pm
    —
Aargghhh...HBO Asia's The Pacific premiere is not 'til Saturday, April 3rd Sad
So...I'm gonna get the HDTV 720p rips instead  Wink

#6: Re: The Pacific Author: 7A_Loki PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:01 am
    —
I watched it! I was surprised that the first one was less than 50 Minutes long though.

#7: Re: The Pacific Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:23 pm
    —
7A_Loki wrote (View Post):
I watched it! I was surprised that the first one was less than 50 Minutes long though.

I'm glad Episode 1 isn't just filled with bootcamp routines Wink
But I also agree that it's a bit too short.

#8: Re: The Pacific Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:05 pm
    —
But i think it looks promising Smile

#9: Re: The Pacific Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:10 pm
    —
Part 1 was boring.
Part 2 was boring with a little action.

For some reason I havent enjoyed what I've seen so far.
Not that I mind it's not all action all the time but the acting just seems boring to me.
I also don't understand why Tom Hanks has to do the narrating,the guy sucks at it.

#10: Re: The Pacific Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:24 pm
    —
I think it does a great job of accurately reflecting the Marine situation in the Pacific at the foot solider level.

Boring?

I'm not sure I'd consider the first actions on the 'Canal boring. Or the night Battle of Savo Island. Basilone's Medal of Honor night...

I've found all the episodes to be very well done.

#11: Re: The Pacific Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Part 1 was boring.
Part 2 was boring with a little action.

For some reason I havent enjoyed what I've seen so far.
Not that I mind it's not all action all the time but the acting just seems boring to me.
I also don't understand why Tom Hanks has to do the narrating,the guy sucks at it.

So far...not as good as BoB for me.
If you thought Ep 1 & 2 was boring...you'll prolly sleep through Ep 3 Wink

#12: Re: The Pacific Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:33 am
    —
but there was a little "action" in part 3... Razz

#13: Re: The Pacific Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:12 pm
    —
Just watched first ep, I cant stand to see it on commercial TV  - too many ads - the interweb is a good thing.
The first ep is just to introduce characters, but there was a fair bit of tension and a fight scene.
I cant help but compare it to Bof B, which took a few ep's to get going.
I'll keep watching, after all it is marketed as the battle for Australia here  Rolling Eyes

#14: Re: The Pacific Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:36 am
    —
Damn, what a snooze fest was part number three.
Get your pillows and blankets ready!

#15: Re: The Pacific Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:28 pm
    —
Tippi-Simo wrote (View Post):

Hey...that's where the action is hottest in Ep 3...in bed :)

***SPOILER ALERT***

Ep 4 is okayish...but not enough battle scenes.
Ep 5 is picking up...starts rather slowly...but builds up nicely with some the most furious and bloody battle scenes so far!

#16: Re: The Pacific Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:50 pm
    —
squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
Tippi-Simo wrote (View Post):

Hey...that's where the action is hottest in Ep 3...in bed :)

***SPOILER ALERT***

Ep 4 is okayish...but not enough battle scenes.
Ep 5 is picking up...starts rather slowly...but builds up nicely with some the most furious and bloody battle scenes so far!

Hahha yeah :)

I just discovered that I had it almost 2 weeks in my HD before I watched it. Pretty much the same american tv, boring as hell. You cant get a grip on it.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1