Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

#1: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:31 am
    —
Situation - A stock Wacht Am Rhein Grand Campaign has been started. The settings are:
Stock GC
Axis Host
Axis Elite
Allies Recruit
15 minutes
Morale Off
No Limits
Play AI Only
WaR version 4.50

Mission - Crush the Allies defense of the Ardennes in the quickest possible manner.

Execution - Sign out GC save file by posting "Campaign Blocked". Download the attachment and save it to your C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Wacht am Rhein\Games\Save. Play as many games vs the AI as you can. Upon completion upload the GC file back to this thread with a screenshot of results.

Last edited by mooxe on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:43 am; edited 3 times in total

#2: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:34 am
    —
The AI put up a weak defence at South Eifel, as expected. In my haste to eradicate the Allies I lost one Stug, another immobilized. At the 3 minute mark the last Allied soldier was annihilated.

01 WaR CCS vs AI.gc
 Description:
1st Battle Completed.

Download
 Filename:  01 WaR CCS vs AI.gc
 Filesize:  1.37 MB
 Downloaded:  585 Time(s)

#3: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:16 pm
    —
results posted below.
I see your original post has been downloaded 4 times,not including mine seems like 3 other may have the file but didnt post anything.
maybe they were just passerbyes.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

#4: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:00 pm
    —
Habschied:
Captured the exit VL west to Winterspelt.A very easy task on this map.
Used the Artillery barrage to great success.
Suggest bypassing this Allied BG on next strategic turn.

Liedenborn:
Total German Victory.
Lost 1 Panther and used both supports to clear the pocket around the exit VL.

sorry,forgot about the results screenshot.
whos next?

01_war_ccs_vs_ai_184.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  01_war_ccs_vs_ai_184.gc
 Filesize:  1.38 MB
 Downloaded:  551 Time(s)

#5: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:19 pm
    —
Hosingen:
No longer do I try and go through the town, much easier and usually less casualties to just go around and cross the shallow water near the "Side Road" VL.
Did use both support options though.
Shouldnt be any issues grabbing the exit VL next time around.

UO0034.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  128.15 KB
 Viewed:  22120 Time(s)

UO0034.jpg

01_war_ccs_vs_ai_184.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  01_war_ccs_vs_ai_184.gc
 Filesize:  1.38 MB
 Downloaded:  576 Time(s)

#6: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:10 am
    —
Looking for my CD to re-install.. Sad

#7: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: namztukxamLocation: Portland, Oregon PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:05 pm
    —
sound fun

#8: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:28 am
    —
Weiler - 15/5 FS battlegroup leads the way vs 109/28 ID. I lost a MG 42 team early on while running to a building. There was a fierce battle at the crossroads, the cowardly Americans had a Sherman and a 3" gun there but a barrage got them both!. At the end I did a VL dash and a Stug got damaged, a few seconds from total victory!.

Weiler.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.86 KB
 Viewed:  22086 Time(s)

Weiler.jpg

#9: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:19 am
    —
Loshiem - 8/3 FJ vs 14 cavalry. In classic CC4 style I accept the default setup! 2 schreks, 2 sh MG42, 1 75mm gun, 1 AT gun 1 mortar the rest infantry, a good mix.

Unfortunately, coding bugs still exist - see pic 1 where 2 teams shoot through two - 2 story building at each other  :roll:

Result is dissapointing - the cav BG had 5 light tanks, I killed 3 but a halftrack to the south kept me pinned down, while a MG 30 to the NW kept me to a narrow corridor, the further I went the more exposed the troops were. 2 American units counterattacked from the far N-E and kept my AT gun pinned down. I ended up in an attrition battle which I won, BUT thats NOT the German strategy, we need to gain ground FAST for the tanks.

Losheim1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  213.12 KB

Losheim1.jpg

Losheim bug.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  320.42 KB

Losheim bug.jpg

#10: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:42 am
    —
Save game file - Where's Yuma?

01_war_ccs_vs_ai_184_134.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  01_war_ccs_vs_ai_184_134.gc
 Filesize:  1.39 MB
 Downloaded:  551 Time(s)

#11: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:02 pm
    —
Your men are in a 3 story house shooting above two 2 story houses to another 3 story.

#12: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:54 pm
    —
"Slap forehead with palm of hand"  Embarassed

#13: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:28 pm
    —
Thats gonna hurt with those Iron Fists too. Smile

#14: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:33 am
    —
Krinkelt - Rocherath - 42/12 Volks VS 394/99 ID. House to house fighting with infantry. I see there's Hetzer's in the BG but none on this difficulty level. Shame, a tank would speed things up. I push through the centre on 2 fronts with a single unit to the north and far south to capture VL's. A good result.

Krinkelt1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  214.22 KB
 Viewed:  22060 Time(s)

Krinkelt1.jpg

#15: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:21 am
    —
Movement Turn.
Cochen. from Dasburg to Clervaux.
Bayer from Leiderborn to Rueland (only possible move)
190/62 VG to Winterspelt. This leave 423/106th behind, they will become trapped I hope.
295/18 VG from Sth Eifel to Shonberg. Andler was the other option, but Shonberg leads to St Vith.
8/3 FJ is stuck in Losheim blocking Peiper, if they dont break through next turn they need to be moved / disbanded!
Same for 48/12 VG in Krinkelt. If they cant break through an option is to take the Butgenbach map to make way for armour (Kulman)

Arty and support as required.

Execute!
295/18 VG battles 291 eng in Shonberg
8/3/ FJ is alone in Losheim, they have retreated! - Damn I wish I'd disbanded and let Peiper through. Looks like they've moved to Sth Eifel and captured the supply.

#16: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:46 am
    —
Hosingen continued - 77/26 VG VS 109/28 ID.
I continued to attack the north with a small sweep force of 3 units to the south. The Pak was poorly positioned and didnt contribute, the IG was lost early but the Hetzer was a winner, moving west then south cleaning up units. I didnt get the total vic I hoped for, a 3" gun crew went herioc and held me up  Embarassed  but next round for sure. I have captured both north and south flanks.

Hosingen1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  214.67 KB
 Viewed:  21550 Time(s)

Hosingen1.jpg

#17: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:48 am
    —
Heres the save

01_war_ccs_vs_ai_184_134.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  01_war_ccs_vs_ai_184_134.gc
 Downloaded:  532 Time(s)

#18: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:45 pm
    —
Weiler - Allies owned a single VL. They decided not to defend it as well. AI Sherman gets head on KIA on a Stug, that will be his last victory. Shrek team fires three shots and it blows. I capture the only Allied VL within 2 minutes, and the two minute timer kicks in. Suicide charges were made against my MGs... result is disband.

weiler20.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.02 KB
 Viewed:  21542 Time(s)

weiler20.jpg

20 WaR Public GC.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  20 WaR Public GC.gc
 Downloaded:  483 Time(s)

#19: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:50 am
    —
18th Volksgrenadiers at Schonberg

Meeting engagement. Was able to pin the Americans in the corner and attack them from different angles. Almost lost a StuG to a bazooka round...almost.

Link to the save:

Axis #21 WaR

#20: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:48 am
    —
Krinkelt again - 48/12 VG VS 394/99 ID
I am concentrating on the Elsenborn exit as it is a supply depot and a good place to park a VG unit. Quickly cleaned up the Eng's and a zook squad near the woods VL, moved west and secured VL. Lost a Pak in the town.

Krinkelt2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  218.15 KB
 Viewed:  21515 Time(s)

Krinkelt2.jpg

#21: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:18 am
    —
Save Game

21_WaR_PubGC.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  21_WaR_PubGC.gc
 Filesize:  1.4 MB
 Downloaded:  328 Time(s)

#22: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:21 pm
    —
2nd Battle,(my posts are a little out of order here)

Hosingen:
Wasn't sure what to expect here as deployment was all over the place so I coved the woods and put a MG team in the 3 story house to the noth and another down by the crossroads.
A.I. didnt want to attack and stayed around the bridge.Sorry to say but I lost the pride of the Fatherland in that Jagdpanzer 38(t).
Still couldnt get the dam map either. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by platoon_michael on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.17 KB
 Viewed:  12543 Time(s)

UO0005.jpg

#23: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:28 pm
    —
South Eifel:
Didnt expect to see this deployment,but I'll take it.
Total German Victory.
I have a few VetBoB Vehicles but it's still all stock Data.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  530.97 KB
 Viewed:  12548 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

#24: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:37 pm
    —
losheim:
Meeting Engagement again

Couldnt believe the A.I. dropped it's artillery on me and it's own troops.
Lost a bunch of men who couldnt get out.
Lost 1MarkIV and crippled another,I used those instead of the Panthers.
Still couldnt get the map despite the A.I.'s moral being in the very LOW range of red.

I didnt rename the file but this is it.

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.9 KB
 Viewed:  12546 Time(s)

UO0007.jpg

21_war_pubgc_588.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  21_war_pubgc_588.gc
 Filesize:  1.4 MB
 Downloaded:  356 Time(s)

#25: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:16 am
    —
Twin Cities:
KG Kullman is here with his heavy panzers.Only a matter of time now.

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.76 KB
 Viewed:  12534 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

#26: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:56 am
    —
Elsenborn Ridge:
I did much better than expected here,the 38/2nd ID under Colonel Boos has quite the resources but horrible tactics.
Killed 2 tanks with one Shreck team,then just mowed down the Americans as they came across the bridge and up the road trying to advance.
The very small square in the south east we have has an elevation of around 21m check your LOS here as it can be a good spot,and sometimes a bad one.But it is high ground.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  130.76 KB
 Viewed:  12530 Time(s)

UO0002.jpg

#27: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:03 am
    —
Heinerscheid:
Unfortunatly the CCR/9AD under Colonel Gilbride is here and Major von Fallois couldnt do anything against them.
Good thing is they should be surrounded on the strategic map after the next turn with a choice of 3 different moves.
GL to whoever has to fight this one again.You do have full support though.

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  127.81 KB
 Viewed:  12528 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

#28: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:10 am
    —
South Eifel:
Not my best showing here,I got greedy with one of the Panzer IV/70(V) and lost him and three other teams from Allied support.
The other Panzer broke a track going in for what should have been the game,thus leaving the mop up to the troops.
This 14th Cav Group can be cut off strategically after leaving Losheim and shouldnt be a problem next battle.

All Battle Groups are moving West:
Here is the current file.

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.73 KB
 Viewed:  12526 Time(s)

UO0005.jpg

21_war_pubgc_588.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  21_war_pubgc_588.gc
 Filesize:  1.41 MB
 Downloaded:  376 Time(s)

#29: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:01 am
    —
26th Volksgrenadiers at Hosingen

The Americans took up defensive positions standing on the bridge and laying in the middle of the streets, while we took up defenses in the stone buildings and foxholes. I was surprised at how well they fought from out in the open...then killed them off except for 6 prisoners, which we interrogated and killed later on.

KG Kullmann at Krinkelt-Rocherath

Used Panzergrenadiers to spot their AT guns, mortars to take them out and Pz Vs & IVs to crush the rest of their infantry like ants.

Link to the save file:

WaR save #24

Last edited by RD_DeathDealer on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total

#30: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:50 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
losheim:
Still couldnt get the map despite the A.I.'s moral being in the very LOW range of red.

Morale is OFF for this GC

#31: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:43 am
    —
Campaign Locked
I waited patiently for Deathdealer to save the file, watched Gryff Rhys-Jones "Rivers" series of doco's while waiting, very enjoyable, but now it's time to re-conquer Belgium.

WOW Cochen is in Houffalize already! 5/15 FJ is 3 maps from Bastogne! BUT, Fuel supplies are dropping Shocked

Elsenborn VG vs   We got pounded! The Americans had a Jumbo and a Wolverine at the bridge which negated my southern attack straight away. The small Northern force made it to the strongpoint VL but lost it at the finish. Lots of casualties, I immobilized the Jumbo with a Shrek, hopefully that will help next turn

Elsenborn1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  211.27 KB
 Viewed:  12506 Time(s)

Elsenborn1.jpg

#32: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:19 am
    —
Save Game file

25_WaR_PubGC.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  25_WaR_PubGC.gc
 Filesize:  1.42 MB
 Downloaded:  375 Time(s)

#33: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:59 pm
    —
Would be nice to see some action pics guys, you're playing the AI anyway so there's time to take one or two  Very Happy

#34: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:14 pm
    —
WOW Cochen is in Houffalize already! 5/15 FJ is 3 maps from Bastogne! BUT, Fuel supplies are dropping

I thought about playing it safe and just closing the circle around the 3 Allied BG's still pestering us in the rear lines.
But then I figured everyone would say  Aahhh it's just the A.I. Move Out!.........so I did.

You loose one fuel increment everytime you move so well get that back np next turn.

Now what I would like to know is why you didnt play the last Battle Grunt?
Did you have chicken for dinner? Laughing

#35: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:15 pm
    —
"Campaign Blocked"

#36: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:19 pm
    —
There shall be no stalling. No waiting for supplies. No waiting for the best moment.

PUSH PUSH PUSH!!

Its the AI afterall!

#37: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:25 pm
    —
Heinerscheid:
This map sucks  Embarassed ,don't even think about hiding out at the Train Station.Tanks just shoot right through it from both sides,no cover what so ever.I used the Artillery Barrage but it was worthless.(I am NOT doing good on this map)
Supply and ammo is going to drop fast for the old Colonel Gilbreth we just need to make sure next strat moves he doesnt get linked back up.One possible idea would be to move the 78/26VG North and this could give us better cover in the houses,and see if that works.

Decisive American Victory.

UO0010.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  618 KB
 Viewed:  12160 Time(s)

UO0010.jpg

#38: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:32 pm
    —
South Eifel:
14th calvary Group vs. KG Hansen
Things were looking so good at the beginning,I wonder what happened?
Next strat moves might just want to use a artillery barrage and let it finnish this team off,most of our BG's can't gain access to it anyways.
Once I lost the Panzer IV/70 (V) things went downhill fairly quick.
The Grille was doing good but ran out of ammo.

UO0014.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  115.45 KB
 Viewed:  12156 Time(s)

UO0014.jpg

UO0013.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.46 KB
 Viewed:  12156 Time(s)

UO0013.jpg

#39: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:34 pm
    —
Here is where we stand now and here is the file as well.
What are we doing about reinforcing either for us or the Allies?
You guys have GOT TO clear the North. Stop scrounging for Chocolate bars and push forward.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

UO0015.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.26 KB
 Viewed:  12153 Time(s)

UO0015.jpg

#40: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:39 pm
    —
Here's the latest file.
Am I the only one having trouble getting the site to take the game file?
Seems I can't upload anything I save,but if I just use the current file name it's fine.

25_war_pubgc_112.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  25_war_pubgc_112.gc
 Filesize:  1.42 MB
 Downloaded:  340 Time(s)

#41: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:52 pm
    —
Meyerode:
KG Pieper vs. CCB/7th AD
Better keep a close eye on LOS on this map,alot of times it seems to come from nowhere.
Lost 2 tanks and a Flamehalf-track due to the rugged terrain.
Lost 1 Panther from a very unexpected hit.
From there I used the troops just to clear a path in the woods and capture 1 VL.

After moving up the road we set up positions with 2 Panthers and proceded to knock out the enemy tanks as they appeared.
My goal was to try and capture more ground to the East than what I actually did to provide the Panthers with room to move for next turn.

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.54 KB
 Viewed:  12252 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

#42: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:50 am
    —
Vielsalm:
Total german Victory.Only lost 8 men.

Losheim:
Fuhrer Begleit Brigade vs. CCB/9AD,Meeting Engagement.
Took one on the chin here today,lost all my tanks and basically prayed for the timer to run out.

We need to cut this BG off from supply,I'm still not familier with WAR yet so I'm hoping if we can cut them off from supply with capturing the proper VL at Malmedy and not have to worry about moving a BG into Recht,even though we probably will.

UO0020.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.94 KB
 Viewed:  12247 Time(s)

UO0020.jpg

#43: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:56 am
    —
Elsenborne Ridge:
48/12VG vs. 38/2ID

I find the high ground here to just be a meat grinder so I stayed down by the bridge,placed both MG42 teams in the houses covering the bridge and both Motar teams on the hill I mentioned in previous AAR.
Then placed 2 teams close as possible to the bridge and just let em come.
The Mortar Barrage took out the Wolverine and an ATGun.
While I didnt gain much ground (I forgot to sneak a team down south to capture area on our side on the river)Then maybe we could have had deployment on that side next turn (DAMM)
But we did kill many a men here today.

UO0022.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.47 KB
 Viewed:  12248 Time(s)

UO0022.jpg

#44: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:00 am
    —
Picts from Losheim:

Last edited by platoon_michael on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total

UO0019.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  638.1 KB
 Viewed:  12232 Time(s)

UO0019.jpg

UO0015.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  635.79 KB

UO0015.jpg

UO0010.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  641.88 KB

UO0010.jpg

#45: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:10 am
    —
Despite my earlier comments about Pvt_Grunts eating habits in relation to his character he did decide to put "Meat on the Table" tonight.
(Donald Burgett).

Last edited by platoon_michael on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.8 KB
 Viewed:  12239 Time(s)

UO0006.jpg

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.85 KB

UO0005.jpg

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.55 KB

UO0004.jpg

#46: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:12 am
    —
Last but not least.
I have no idea who did what with this BG last Battle but thought what the heck,lets have some fun and see who can kill the most.

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.14 KB
 Viewed:  12505 Time(s)

UO0007.jpg

#47: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:17 am
    —
Here is the latest file.
Zipping the file seems to work better for some reason when I try to upload.

Day 3 Turn 1cont.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 3 Turn 1cont.zip
 Filesize:  121.6 KB
 Downloaded:  377 Time(s)

#48: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:53 am
    —
Dear Fuhrer,

You assigned me the task of removing the Allies from the town of Malmedy. You only gave me 15 minutes to do so. I am sad to report I did not accomplish my mission. My troops ran as fast as they could to capture all objectives, if we had only five more minutes we could have done it. We did capture the exit VL, so we must push further West next strategic turn.

The Americans put up a brave fight. Charging headlong into my machine guns seemed to be a standard procedure for them, demonstrated on more than one occaision. Strangely the AI setup two anti tank behind some buildings in the open. A few of the Fuhrer's most highly explosive 81mm HE rounds make quick work of them. There was a pesky Stuart roaming the map keep my mens heads down. Two panzershrek teams expended all ammo on it, and only immobilized it. They will be executed at the first available moment.

As Platoon_Michael and Pvt_Grunt will not be executed for their dismal waste of German resources at South Eifel and Elsenborn Ridge, I beg you, Fuhrer, to spare my life as well. The next battle I will disband the Allies no matter what the odds.

mooxed3t1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  230.76 KB
 Viewed:  12491 Time(s)

mooxed3t1.jpg

CCSvsAI_D3T1.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CCSvsAI_D3T1.gc
 Filesize:  1.43 MB
 Downloaded:  343 Time(s)

#49: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
    —
My own Panther command - Haben Sie vielen Dank Oberst Micheal!

Nadrin, KG Cochenhausen VS 422/106 ID. I've never played this map before, it's an open field and I have Panthers Cool  I lost the flame halfy to a 3" gun I think, and 2 Panthers tracked on fences. Worst of all I ran out fo thime and failed to grab the 2 VL's to the east, damn 15 min timer.

Nadrin Final1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  203.71 KB
 Viewed:  12484 Time(s)

Nadrin Final1.jpg

Nadrin Flame.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  596.28 KB
 Viewed:  12484 Time(s)

Nadrin Flame.jpg

#50: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:44 am
    —
Heinersheid - CCR 9 AD vs KG von Falois.

The US armour BG is surrounded but still dangerous. Our VG have bypassed it so I will play it safe. I peek at their forcepool, they have 18 Sherman 76's, we have 2 Pz IV's........
My arty immobilised a Sherm 105 and killed the Hellcat! I lost 2 armoured cars and a Mark IV to tracked, but the Mk IV later killed a Cmd Sherm and a Platoon Leader. Difficult map to hold, no leaders lest, only troops, and recon vehicles are useless against Shermans.

Heineisheid - Imob.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  203.42 KB
 Viewed:  12480 Time(s)

Heineisheid - Imob.jpg

Heinersheid -Lucky.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.32 KB
 Viewed:  12480 Time(s)

Heinersheid -Lucky.jpg

#51: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:21 am
    —
Save Game

ccsvsai_d3t1_199.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ccsvsai_d3t1_199.gc
 Filesize:  1.44 MB
 Downloaded:  289 Time(s)

#52: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:47 pm
    —
Here's the latest file.
Strategic moves are up,figured I'd let someone else do it since I did the last 2/3

14thCav at South Eifel has no ammo and no fuel.Got to be an easy kill this time.

Heinersheid:Von Fallois is becomming depleted,suggest moving him to Malscheid to regroup for 1/2 turns (while moving him to Troisveirges,despite what that insane corporal thinks Smile 0
Then move the 78/26 VG in from the south,provides up with better cover from the houses,then after 2 turn bring back Von Fallois from Troisveirges and watch the deployment change in our favor.
Just make sure heinersheid always gets full support.

Other possible suggestions are moving Fuher Begleit Brigade from Losheim to Ramsheid and then move KG Kullman into Losheim.

WAR Pub_GC Day 3 Turn 2 strat moves.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WAR Pub_GC Day 3 Turn 2 strat moves.zip
 Filesize:  129.68 KB
 Downloaded:  340 Time(s)

#53: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:56 pm
    —
Strategic moves completed. All units that could move West or South moved! Fuhrer's orders comrades!

South Eifel - The Allies had a deploy zone about the size of a postage stamp. I put a ring of shreks around it. Another ring of MG42s. Then randomly places inf squads. An 81mm mortar was firing into the center. I also had heavy arty support. The battle went like this.... The time started and by 14min remaining I had almost a complete victory. Allied infantry did try a dash for the small house where my mg and shrek were, they didnt make it!

se1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  831.84 KB
 Viewed:  12389 Time(s)

se1.jpg

se2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  841.76 KB

se2.jpg

seresults.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  256.66 KB

seresults.jpg

3rdlatest.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  3rdlatest.gc
 Downloaded:  303 Time(s)

#54: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:05 am
    —
KG Kullmann at Meyerode

Went straight for the throat of the American Armored BG by stacking 3 platoons of panzers...the first Jagdpanthers...the second Panthers...and the backup PzIV 70s. Moved in tight groups and was able to pour out tremendous firepower and bring great destruction on the Americans.

Fuhrer Begleit Brigade at Losheim

Had some buildings for protection during deploy, so I filled them with a panzershreck platoon lead by a command team and protected them with an sMG. Positioned two companies of armor at the flanks of the American deploy and began the attack. The battle became a brawl between armor and infantry at close quarters as we pressed the attack...

The Americans defense finally broke and we were able to take all the VLs except for one.

Here's the link to the save file:

WaR Public GC Save

#55: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:21 pm
    —
Elsenborn Ridge:
We need support of some kind.
Barrages,tanks etc etc.

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.46 KB
 Viewed:  12358 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

WaR_PuB_GC.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR_PuB_GC.zip
 Filesize:  126.39 KB
 Downloaded:  262 Time(s)

#56: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:51 am
    —
8/3 Fallschirmjager at Malmedy

Paras fought their way through town eventually cornering the Americans in a field to the southwest.

At this point, it was like Custard's Last Stand for them.

KG Cochen at Nadrin

Used halftracks for reconnaissance. Once we discovered the locations of the American troops, our Panthers surged forward from their staging areas...and the slaughter began.

KG VonFallois at Heinerscheid

Recon fought valiantly against the American armor with halftracks, armored cars and a flame thrower.

We were painfully outclassed by Shermans in this engagement...it's time to disband this BG and call for backup.

Here's the link to the save:

WaR Public Campaign Save

#57: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:18 pm
    —
Wiltz: 77/26VG vs. 109/28ID
Destroyed the American tank with the Barrage and then procedded to mow down the soldiers as they came out wave after wave.
But I underestedmated them and our strength.
Still we have good ground to fight from and we need take this map Next turn to open supply to the 901 in Lutremange and the 15/5FJ down in Martelange.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.83 KB
 Viewed:  12340 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

#58: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:49 am
    —
Martelange: 15/5FL vs. 110/28ID
Very dissapointing to see the Allies have 5 tanks in there FP and didnt select a one.
Oh well.
I could kick myself for not getting the last VL before the timer ran out.We might not get so lucky with the Americans next time holding their tanks back in reserve.

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.32 KB
 Viewed:  12338 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.56 KB

UO0003.jpg

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.53 KB

UO0002.jpg

#59: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:54 am
    —
Beho and then Losheim.
The roads are open to move west comrades!

UO0008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  145.19 KB
 Viewed:  12334 Time(s)

UO0008.jpg

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  657.3 KB

UO0007.jpg

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.45 KB

UO0006.jpg

#60: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:05 am
    —
Elsenborne Ridge:
What luck we had today.
1st Allied tank moved North only to come across a well hidden VG Strum.
The 2nd tank(Wolverine) was killed with the Mortar Barrage.
We then captured the Bridge VL and secured the exit vl to Butgenbach.
The Allies made a very aggressive push and got the Bridge VL back but paid handsomely for it.

We have 2 BG's we can move in/out of here next time if we wish.

Forgot to mentioned I also did the strategic moves and pushed everyone forward.
Bypassed the CCR/9th AD in Heinerscheid,they have no ammo and no fuel so what are they gonna do?
I have never left a BG in my rear like this before so I have no idea what to expect,but with the default Campaign settings having BG's return the next day.I felt it was better to leave them here where they can do no harm (I assume)

We need to get that cluster fuck of a log jam in the North straightned out.

Here is the latest file with Malmedy being the next battle..........GL

WAR Public GC.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WAR Public GC.zip
 Filesize:  144.49 KB
 Downloaded:  306 Time(s)

#61: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:39 pm
    —
Malmedy:
The Allies decided to just stand pat and so did we.

Manhay:
German steel is too much for the Americans.

Laroche:
American artillery had devistating effects today,we lost 4 tanks before the barrage lifted.

Wiltz:
We paid for it in blood,but the town is ours now.

Houffalize:
5 vehicles either lost a track or broke a wheel.but we have this one in the bag next time around.

Martelange:
Once again the 110/28ID decided to keep it's tanks in their FP rather than on the Battlefield.
There lost,Total German Victory.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:03 am; edited 2 times in total

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  126.83 KB
 Viewed:  10044 Time(s)

UO0003.jpg

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.43 KB

UO0002.jpg

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.21 KB

UO0001.jpg

#62: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:58 pm
    —
Strategic Move - All units that could move West, South or north in the direction of the enemy moved. Most units camping on enemy depots stayed put.

Sibret - Allies artillery disabled my stug, panzer and flame halftrack. 80% of the casualties shown were from the heavy arty as well. A Hellcat and 81mm HT got into a duel, 81mm won after 21 shots. The Allies foolishly deployed a large portion of thier force in the North East corner, effectively sectioning themselves off from thw rest of map behind deep water. The rest of the battle turned into fire and movement as I raced for disband. Needed 30 more seconds to finish them off.

Elsenborne Ridge - I did not move this crappy German BG out during strategic moves. They are still strong enough to force a disband. Went into battle with the intent on using my 5 or 6 shreks as infantry killers. I depolyed half my forces in the north, half in the south. Battle started with two 57mm and one Sherman being spotted right away. They are dispatched by mortars and shreks within a minute. Allies kept rushing thier troops to me. My mortars destroyed probably 3-4men out of each team that came charging. MG troops did the rest. It started looking like a disband for Allies soon after, once again 30 more seconds would of done it.

sibret.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  223.19 KB
 Viewed:  10050 Time(s)

sibret.jpg

eridge.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  204.51 KB
 Viewed:  10050 Time(s)

eridge.jpg

Latest WAR Public GC Day 4 Turn 2.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Latest WAR Public GC Day 4 Turn 2.gc
 Filesize:  1.49 MB
 Downloaded:  272 Time(s)

#63: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:14 am
    —

Stacked shreck teams and prepared for an armored assault. Ambushed an American tank platoon in an open field...

and counterattacked through the woods to secure the map.

KG Cocenhausen at Laroche

Attacked the area by assaulting with halftracks and infantry, while using Panthers as roving pillboxes...

Smashed the Americans here, then drank beer and prepared to move out.

KG VonFallois at Heinerscheid

Sent one light halftrack into the streets to see if the Americans were still malingering around the area. A 75mm Sherman round answered that question and the lone surviving crewmember was able to run back to us and report that it was time to leave...

So we left.

KG Knittel at Houffalize

Meeting engagement. Used armored cars, halftracks and recon troops to secure the VLs quickly and pin the Americans in their deploy zone. The assault for the last VL...

Ended hope for the Americans.

MOVEMENT

Mostly continued the drive west. Important notes:

- Attacked north into the depots to cut off American forces engaged near Elsenborn.
- Mortar support applied mostly in the north to bolster the paras and assist the units assaulting the American depots.
- Moved KG Peiper south to deal with the American armor at Heinerscheid
- Initiated the Seige of Bastogne

78/26th Volksgrenadiers at Bastogne

Decided not to wait for panzers to take Bastogne and moved in with volksgrenadiers. After a fierce fight and an amazing Hetzer...

We pushed their asses out of Bastogne.

Here's the link to the save file:

Last edited by RD_DeathDealer on Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

WaR_PublicGrandCampaign.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR_PublicGrandCampaign.gc
 Filesize:  1.5 MB
 Downloaded:  264 Time(s)

#64: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:51 am
    —
KG 901 at Sibret

The Americans hit the town with heavy artillery then attacked from the woods into the buildings.
House-to-house combat ensued and the calls for medics were heard through the streets...

...but...a combined arms counterattack with panzers, halftracks and panzergrenadiers slaughtered them all.

KG Krause at Elsenborn Ridge

KG Krause moves into Elsenborn to relieve the battle-worn volksgrenadiers. American firepower from the Ridge shut down our attack and deadly motar fire destroyed both FlaK guns. Managed to send a platoon of ss soldiers to take the east and northeast VLs, but soon these troops too were under heavy fire from the Ridge.

Traded ss blood for ground.

American armor makes another attempt to breakthrough at Malmedy. Our paras were waiting for them once again, and held off the superior force through determination...and Panzerschrecks.

Almost...

The save:

WaR PublicCampaign.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR PublicCampaign.gc
 Filesize:  1.51 MB
 Downloaded:  251 Time(s)

#65: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:07 pm
    —
Trois Ponts:
Sadly today Mooxe was killed today by an American Barrage and I myself just barley escaped death.
Our men hearing of this disaster pushed on in there memory and gave us a total victory.

Baraque de Fraiture:
The Americans tried desperate to push out of their initial deployment only to run head-on into our MGTeams,
another Artillery Barrage destroyed 1 tank

Last edited by platoon_michael on Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.31 KB
 Viewed:  10013 Time(s)

UO0006.jpg

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  634.77 KB

UO0005.jpg

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.48 KB

UO0001.jpg

#66: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:20 pm
    —
La Roche:
We were very lucky today that the Americans waited untill it was too late to use their Artillery Barrage,had they used it at the start of the Battle it more than likely would have had devistating results on the outcome.
Here is the latest file with 2 more Battles to go before strat moves.

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.87 KB
 Viewed:  9949 Time(s)

UO0007.jpg

WAR Public GC Day 5 Turn 1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WAR Public GC Day 5 Turn 1.zip
 Filesize:  151.1 KB
 Downloaded:  245 Time(s)

#67: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:29 pm
    —
Our Heros so far.
Could someone take a screenshot of these 3 before the next Battle and e-mail em to me?
Thanks

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.05 KB
 Viewed:  9946 Time(s)

UO0003.jpg

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.15 KB

UO0002.jpg

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.59 KB

UO0001.jpg

#68: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:59 pm
    —
Platoon_Michael: sent the screenshots via PM.

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

#69: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:21 pm
    —
I was thinking that before the next battle it would show the total results for each of us.
The ones you sent look exactly the same as mine.
I must be wrong,but I could have sworn I've killed more than 3 men Smile
Maybe it's because the other men died.

Hmmm?

If we do this again,we should add a bunch of names to the Names.txt and see who comes up where and does what.

#70: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:40 pm
    —
Damn I've been waiting 2 days for someone to post the savegame, seems I was not logged in and you cant see attached files.  Crying or Very sad

#71: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:43 pm
    —
I was wondering what happened,I thought maybe I was just being too greedy and playing to much.
Either you or Deathdealer use MSN Instant Messenger anymore?

#72: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:42 am
    —
Hotton:
The inital attack from the Americans came as quite a surprise,but after we relepled that the victroy was easy.

Martelange:
We just didnt come up with enough to repel the Americans so I offered a Truce to limit our losses.

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.7 KB
 Viewed:  9897 Time(s)

UO0002.jpg

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.04 KB
 Viewed:  9897 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

#73: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:41 am
    —
Strategic moves are up,
I must say it is dissapointing to see that Peiper has done very little fighting and is somewhere in the middle of the strat map with no chance of fighting other than at Heinerschied.
Ofcourse with the rate of Tanks I seem to be going through this might be a blessing later on. :)

CCB/9thAD is comming back,I suggest staying put at Champs and letting them come to us.

I suggest the same to the Allied BG at Heinerscheid.(Why fight this BG later on like we now have to with CCB/9thAD)

5 days into the GC and we own practically the entire strat map.
We need to focus on getting our Tank BG's to the American supply depots,and then move in our other strongest BG's behind them in order to move them in/out of Battle.

What are your thoughts?
here's the latest file.

WAR Public GC Day5 Turn2 Strat Moves.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WAR Public GC Day5 Turn2 Strat Moves.zip
 Filesize:  156.62 KB
 Downloaded:  227 Time(s)

#74: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:54 am
    —
My suggestions

-KG Peiper should attack into Heinerscheid with heavy artillery support. CCR 9th AD is out of supply and a forced disband would be disasterous for them in loss of equipment.

-Keep the 8/3 Fallschirmjager at Malmedy for one more battle as KG Telcamp moves into Recht. Telcamp can then replace them next turn. 8/3 will then move into Stavelot if it's safe enough.

-KG Knittel defends Champs with Pioniere and Flammenwerfer from the buildings at close-quarters, while more powerful German BGs (with AT capabilities) move up to replace them.

-KG Krause out of Elsenborn Ridge and KG Krag moves in with their 4 StuGs to finish off that stubborn Sherman.

-KG Cochen. and KG Von Bohm defend in place.

#75: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:40 pm
    —

We need to focus on getting our Tank BG's to the American supply depots,and then move in our other strongest BG's behind them in order to move them in/out of Battle.

Unfortunately not the entire map. I blame the strat map designer who was obviously snorting drain-o when he put in the connections.

I bet maybe the zoomed in view and lack of indicators on what maps connect (which confuse and frustrate people) was sold as an AI enhancement haha...

#76: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:02 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):

Unfortunately not the entire map. I blame the strat map designer who was obviously snorting drain-o when he put in the connections.

I bet maybe the zoomed in view and lack of indicators on what maps connect (which confuse and frustrate people) was sold as an AI enhancement haha...

The zoomed in view is very frustrating.I can't do my strat moves without viewing the Connections.pdf
The connections in the North (or lack of) do provied a means of slowing the Germans down.Or atleast me.
The WORST of those is Elsenborn Ridge and Butgenbach.Once there it takes forever to move off of them.
Also the strat map shows a road from Meyerode to Malmedy but their is no connection(F#*@'s me up everytime)

Whoever does beat the CCR/9thAD please take a screen shot of their FP before the Battle,and one when they return.I want to see how much they actually loose,when they come back.

#77: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:30 pm
    —
Intersting comments re: strat map.

Didn't pose any problems for me.. advanced at will against the AI

Only problem was keeping fuel and supplies moving forward with this campaign.

#78: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:05 am
    —
Well I guess if a developer didnt have any problems, then none of us should!

BACK ON TOPIC PEOPLE! AARS!

#79: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:05 am
    —
"Campaign Blocked"

#80: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:49 am
    —
It would be nice if someone posted a strat. situation pic. so we can see what you are talking about.

:)

#81: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:10 am
    —
Current situation as of Day 5 turn 2
Looks like the Allies are moving forward.

Elsenborn Ridge:
Never did find the American Tank,but we have the exit VL's we need and good high ground to the West and the South.

Champs:
Not a good time here,Half-Tracks vs. Tanks.Interestingly enough was that the American Tanks had LOS on our troops in the houses but never fired a shot untill the last 40 seconds,so we continued to mow down their soldiers who probed ahead of the Tanks.

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.94 KB
 Viewed:  10863 Time(s)

UO0003.jpg

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.59 KB

UO0002.jpg

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  707.22 KB

UO0001.jpg

#82: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:11 am
    —
And here is the current file.

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.44 KB
 Viewed:  10861 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

Day 5 Turn 2.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 5 Turn 2.zip
 Filesize:  156.64 KB
 Downloaded:  249 Time(s)

#83: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:35 am
    —
Looks good plt_michael

I'd love to join in, but as you can see, I have an evolutionary build installed on my PC.

#84: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:27 am
    —
Cohesion in WAR.... Don't tease.... I guess the positive it exists but the question is when it will for all....

Email Matrix Support, it could help!!!

#85: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:38 am
    —
CAMPAIGN BLOCKED

Malmedy - F B Brigade VS CCB 7 Armour.  I know this map well  Wink  but it's been a long time since I played it. So long in fact, that more trees have grown since I was here! (Thanks to Jimbo)

A meeting engagement so I had to capture the town. The Americans held the high ground. My PzIV/70 slugged it out with a Sherman and won, Command Panther got another and the other Panther hunted the mortar 1/2 track which caused most of the casualties. We have the town back and the bridge to the paper mill.

Malmedy1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  221.6 KB
 Viewed:  10845 Time(s)

Malmedy1.jpg

#86: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:47 am
    —
Trois Points - Uber Panzer BG Kullman VS 26 / 1 ID.  I notice no one has put any infantry into this totally unrealistic BG....
I hoped for a tank slug fest but instead I got heavy TD's in a forest on a muddy road  Rolling Eyes  I heard Arnie say "No clear path" about 50 times. I lost 1 tank to a bazooka. Next time I get infantry....

Trois Ponts1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  210.18 KB
 Viewed:  10843 Time(s)

Trois Ponts1.jpg

#87: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:51 am
    —
Save Game

Day 5 Turn 2_430.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 5 Turn 2_430.zip
 Filesize:  150.49 KB
 Downloaded:  290 Time(s)

#88: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:04 pm
    —

The zoomed in view is very frustrating.

Yes I hate the zoomed in view in this engine. The original CC4 full map was better. Even TLD I dont like, a larger keyhole to view would help.

Quote:

I can't do my strat moves without viewing the Connections.pdf

I use THIS ONE - http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules/Forums/files/warstratmap.gif

Quote:

Also the strat map shows a road from Meyerode to Malmedy but their is no connection(F#*@'s me up everytime)

There are lots of roads on the strat map that turn out to be dead ends, very frustrating. I guess you can just call them blown bridges  Wink

#89: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:33 pm
    —
Actually Grunt you want to use this one.
It corrects the misplaced fuel depot (from Krinklet to Ramscheid).WAR Strategic Map

"Campaign Blocked"

#90: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:47 am
    —
oh hurry up

#91: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:29 am
    —
Baraque De Fraiture:
What great deployment the AI was left after the past few Battles.
Once our Mortars started dropping they stared dieing.

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.52 KB
 Viewed:  10550 Time(s)

UO0003.jpg

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  638.17 KB

UO0002.jpg

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  618.92 KB

UO0001.jpg

#92: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:48 am
    —
Peiper did his job on CCR/9th AD
Dammed American still had some fight in them.
Best part of the whole Battle was running over a Sprite with my Panther while in route to capture the last VL.

Martelange:
The house on the other side of the Bridge is a GREAT place to mow down the Americans with an MG42.
We had another one right where the Tanks is now that was doing good too.
Unfortunatly the Sherman caught wind of our Stug and disabled it's main gun leaving a shreck team to try and finnish the job.
Which he couldnt.

UO0010.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.9 KB
 Viewed:  10548 Time(s)

UO0010.jpg

UO0009.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  616.24 KB

UO0009.jpg

UO0008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  167.7 KB

UO0008.jpg

#93: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:52 am
    —
Vaux-Les-Rosiers:
I havent played this map much but had a great time with it today.
The Grille was just devastating.

Champs:
Sad
I'll be surprised if you guys let me play anymore after this one.

UO0015.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  134.93 KB
 Viewed:  10545 Time(s)

UO0015.jpg

UO0014.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.95 KB

UO0014.jpg

UO0013.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  128.18 KB

UO0013.jpg

#94: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:55 am
    —
Here's the latest file.
Strategic Moves were made.

WAR Public GC Day6 Turn1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WAR Public GC Day6 Turn1.zip
 Filesize:  166.74 KB
 Downloaded:  174 Time(s)

#95: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:20 am
    —
KG Krag at Elsenborn Ridge

Used ss recon teams and 4 StuG IIIs to seek and destroy the lone Sherman defending the Ridge. After the Ronson went up in flames, the American defense fell apart in the face of a combined arms assault.

KG Telcamp at Malmedy

Panzergrenadiers dismounted from our Panthers and halftracks as we entered the city of Malmedy. Rifle and shreck teams worked their way into the buildings while the Panthers covered the long narrow streets. Ranged duels from town into the woods went badly for the Americans, and eventually we were able to assault the bridge...

...and encircle the surviving American force by flanking with Panthers and infantry from along the forest trail.

The save file:

WaR Public GC Day 6.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR Public GC Day 6.gc
 Filesize:  1.55 MB
 Downloaded:  159 Time(s)

#96: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:35 am
    —
Trois-Ponts - I gat 2 FJ units across the river and started to pick up VL's but a M36 and 3 US units cleaned us out  Crying or Very sad   My 88's were in bad positions and they're not real mobile... I killed the M10 in the forest but paod for it with 2 shrek teams. Not a good result. I wish I had the Jagdpanthers back.

Trois Ponts2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  118.74 KB
 Viewed:  10185 Time(s)

Trois Ponts2.jpg

#97: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:12 am
    —
Save Game

war_public_gc_day_6_164.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  war_public_gc_day_6_164.gc
 Filesize:  1.55 MB
 Downloaded:  215 Time(s)

#98: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:42 pm
    —
If we keep posting casualty rates and AARs, we could do a count at the end and see who the most wasteful person is!haha... The Fuhrer is already pissed from other battles... four tanks in one battle? Sheesh!

#99: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:03 pm
    —
Say what you will but anybody can win when they take 15 tanks. Smile
And they can't loose much when they don't play much either..huh Mooxe?  Laughing

aar0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  677.18 KB
 Viewed:  10181 Time(s)

aar0001.jpg

#100: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:02 pm
    —
Say what you will but anybody can win when they take 15 tanks. Smile
And they can't loose much when they don't play much either..huh Mooxe?  Laughing

It would be worked out as a percentage ofcourse.... and I have been trying to play but someone had the file signed out for about 7 hours yesterday...

#101: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:47 pm
    —
Had some stiff resistance on some of these maps, or you could say I was rushing!

La Gleize - Horrid start pos for Germans, wide open field with no cover. Mortars target all light tanks and 57mm ATGs. Three shreks in the fence line pummel tanks as well. They are all taken out, along with my three shrek teams by the tanks and heavy arty barrages. Allied have four or five 60mm mortars as well. Advance is slow and painful, eventually though my grenadier mgs turn the tide.

Baraque Fraiture - Allied attack from North West corner. I had him pinned from the start. Four teams on the South side and three teams on the North side sneaking through the forrest to finish him off. My two shreks, two mg42s and mg infantry provide cover fire from the houses. Allied infantry were being mowed down easily. My advance through the forrest is stymied by troops inexperience. I bring my stug up and he attracts zook shots right away. I put fire down on zook team and rushed two inf teams to attack but he still managed to squeeze off three shots even when my men were less than 10m away. Stug for immo'd. I lost almost all seven teams complete that fought thru the forrest.

Nadrin - Meeting engagement. I had lots of light vehicles to take. I took three mortar cars to lay down the barrage, and it was effective. Allies spotted my three cars and dropped heavy arty on them, bought their stuart down as well. End result all mortar cars for this BG KIA. Stuart also made easy work of both my 2cm cars. The battle turned into one of attrition fighting for the middle houses. Once again MGs overpower as soon as they get set up. Allies are left with one VL. No details screenshot, losses were heavy tho.

Hotton - After the three previous fiascos I was ready to commit suicide rather than face the Fuhrer. This was a cat-and-mouse game. I used my infantry to distract the tanks. End result...

latest file.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  latest file.gc
 Filesize:  1.56 MB
 Downloaded:  261 Time(s)

#102: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:09 am
    —
KG Von Bohm at Saint-Hubert

Stacked 3 mobile groups of Panthers and Halftracks for a rolling assault on the American engineers. Just as our center convoy entered town, it was devastated by a heavy artillery barrage...we responded with a barrage of our own.

The remaining American engineers were encircled and destroyed.

KG 901 at Vaux-Les-Rosieres

Used infantry to cover our VL locations in the woods and staged a quick reaction force of armored vehicles on the roads behind them. We secured the woods and the bridge, thanks to our QRF and quickly drove across the bridge to victory.

The Grille was still amazing...

15/5 Fallschirmjager at Martelange

Lost the StuG early to an American barrage. Paras out gunned the Americans in the long run with small-arms fire. Once our enemy was weak enough, we executed an assault covered by flanking fire from top and bottom.

We smoked many American cigarettes that day...

Movement is next

WaR_Public_GC.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR_Public_GC.gc
 Filesize:  1.57 MB
 Downloaded:  249 Time(s)

#103: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:49 am
    —
Campaign blocked
Movement turn, thanks DD  Razz
Peiper to Houffalize, he can attack North or towards Bastogne next turn. He may be needed to block Patton
I want to move Kullman to get him in the fight, but the Americans may respawn, so all BG's on supply depots stay put this turn. Better to defend the map
78 / 28 VG to Assenios
KG Knittle to Noville to shore up Bastogne area
FB Brigade to La Glieze, sorry Mooxe, your hard work was awesome but those 4 tanks are needed.
No Support available

#104: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:36 am
    —
Champs - KG 902 VS CCB A slug fest! I had 2 tanks tracked and 3 immobile from damage. The enemy had 1 Cmd tank left JUST out of LOS of my Panther. If I got it it would have been total for sure.

Champs1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  125.61 KB
 Viewed:  9207 Time(s)

Champs1.jpg

#105: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:43 am
    —
Trois - Ponts - 14 /5 FJ VS 16 / 1 ID. Damn I wish I'd moved a few of Kullman's tanks here. Future CC wish list, the ability to split BG's and reform them!

My 88's had virtually NO LOS to the town. It was suicide to try to cross the bridges, an M10 was parked on the other side. I concentrated on the forest and the M36. I guess I got my wish for a tank as we captured it! Shocked  It's a little beat up but maybe the pioneers can fix it..... I got the Stavelot VL and crossed the east bridge with a heavy firebattle with 2 BAR teams. Hopefully we can get some LOS for the 88's

Trois Ponts4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.77 KB

Trois Ponts4.jpg

Trois Ponts3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  439 KB

Trois Ponts3.jpg

#106: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 am
    —
La Gleize - FB Brigade VS 14 Cav

We have to start in the east of the map again... Embarassed  But, tanks are good. They lost 2 Greyhounds 2 Stuarts and a 3" gun in the first 30 seconds! Man I remember being on the recieving end of these German BG's in CC4 Vet BoB on some of these maps, it was brutal  Evil or Very Mad

La Gleize1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  239.52 KB
 Viewed:  9196 Time(s)

La Gleize1.jpg

#107: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:30 pm
    —
Baraque - 295 / 18 VG vs 501 / 101 AB

I killed the Wolverine with a mortar, their barrage immobilised the famous Stug and the Mg 42's did theur job. This US BG has a lot of troops and will need to be worn down over a few turns.

I have to comment, I'm enjoying the CC4 re-release more this time than when it was released. The AI is better than the original (not very hard to beat) but not as "in your face" as Vet BoB. The loss of orders when under fire (Girly Troops) is still annoying but I can see it's purpose. I've seen the enemy retreat under fire , when before they kept crawling to certain death. The tanks are the right size, Vet BoB tanks were too big (but didnt they look great?). I still find the Strat Map difficult as we already discussed, but overall I'm having fun in the Ardennnes again. Playing as a group adds to it - Cheers mein comrades.

History channel has "Clash of the Warriors" on Tuesday. A doco about Bradley vs Model but I dont get that channel  Crying or Very sad . Anyone seen it? Worht looking for?

Baraque1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  127.54 KB
 Viewed:  9193 Time(s)

Baraque1.jpg

#108: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:34 pm
    —
Save Game

war_public_gc_latest.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  war_public_gc_latest.gc
 Filesize:  1.58 MB
 Downloaded:  243 Time(s)

#109: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:14 pm
    —
Nadrin - I taught them a lesson this time. The lesson was, I dont need mortars to kill you! Check out those details beeeyatches!!! That vehicle I lost..... it was from a mortar go figure! My advance was fast and painful, led by armoured cars.

nadrin1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  216.17 KB
 Viewed:  9185 Time(s)

nadrin1.jpg

after_mooxe.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  after_mooxe.gc
 Filesize:  1.58 MB
 Downloaded:  248 Time(s)

#110: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:47 pm
    —
Before I started this GC I was playing Firefox's AOVetBoB.
I put all the original WAR graphics back though.

The uniforms and the Vehicles are just way better to me than the stock WAR stuff.
As for Vehicle size,I like it because they look great they look better to scale with the Sprites,and I wear glasses now so the bigger size just looks better to me.
Only bad thing is they dont look to scale with the buildings.

I'm pretty sure I can scale down the current strat map and posibly,maybe correct the graphic aspect of it so it doesnt look like it has a road to one map when it doesnt have that connection.I wasnt going to change any connections unless people feel theres a need for it on some maps.I was also pondering of makng it look more like the CCIV map where it depicts more of a bulge and not the current sack look.I dont know yet.
Schrecken said awhile back they werent going to change anything on the strat map for the next patch but im still hoping they do.
I know I wouldnt attempt anything untill the next patch came out and get some other things I want done like new BGUnit Icons which is next on my list after changing some of TT's Vehicle graphics and redoing the FP's/Sounds.
Just seems to me the Allies are too stong and have to much experiance in FF's Mod in the early stages.

#111: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:18 pm
    —
Champlon:
The shreck team in the 3 story house to the right destroyed the Sherman at the crossroads from a distance of 140m
The other thank was soon gone from the team in the other 3 story house.
I hope the Führer is pleased by todays results. Smile

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.23 KB
 Viewed:  9084 Time(s)

UO0003.jpg

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  672.04 KB
 Viewed:  9084 Time(s)

UO0002.jpg

#112: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:46 pm
    —
Champs:
Check out the LOS our Panther had here,(This could be a good one to remember)
When looking at the small inset map it's the tank farthest to the right by the dirt road and closest to the VL.
The Americans tried to just stand pat today and not make any push.
So we krept in and killed anything and everything on sight.
1 tank was immobilized early another later on and 1 threw a track.

As for strat moves I moved 1 unit forward and repositioned the rest around just to shore things up.

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  698.19 KB
 Viewed:  9080 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.75 KB
 Viewed:  9080 Time(s)

UO0005.jpg

#113: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:48 pm
    —
Elsenborn Ridge:
Just went in and kicked their arse,ofcourse it's a little bit easier when they have the small deployment zone.

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.2 KB
 Viewed:  9081 Time(s)

UO0006.jpg

#114: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:53 pm
    —
Malmedy:
Had a hunch they AI would stack it's tanks to the right on their deployment,and was correct.
Less than 3 minutes into the Battle and the AI was crying for a Truce.

Not today,or just yet I should say.
We proceeded to clear the woods and go for a Total Victory.
But an ATGun and a few squads left had other ideas,loosing the 1st Panther came as a surprise as I didnt think they had anything left,after the 2nd one went up in flames and our men couldnt advance through the woods I took the Truce.

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  617.03 KB
 Viewed:  9078 Time(s)

UO0007.jpg

UO0010.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  146.21 KB
 Viewed:  9078 Time(s)

UO0010.jpg

#115: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:56 pm
    —
The current situation map and the latest file.

UO0011.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.42 KB
 Viewed:  9073 Time(s)

UO0011.jpg

For the Führer.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  For the Führer.zip
 Filesize:  180.15 KB
 Downloaded:  208 Time(s)

#116: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:17 am
    —
Trois Ponts - Just a clean up of the deploy zone here. I cleared the left side all the up to the top. Right side I left an mg42, command team and infantry section to guard the VL. AI put main effort against those three teams. Mortar held them off. The AI tanks did not move an inch through the terrain.

La Gleize - Did not want to disband the AI here. Its a major depot so if we disband a new unit spawns, taking up a new attack deploy zone. Instead we need to corner these BGs and work them over until they have nothing. I truced this game at 11:26 haha...

tp1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  217.36 KB
 Viewed:  9068 Time(s)

tp1.jpg

lg1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  462.99 KB
 Viewed:  9068 Time(s)

lg1.png

after_trois_ponts_mooxe.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  after_trois_ponts_mooxe.gc
 Filesize:  1.59 MB
 Downloaded:  200 Time(s)

#117: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:43 am
    —
Manhay - CCR 9th Vs Kullman - a tank fest

This one's from the 12 SS playbook, it's called "The Ring of Steel" or in Deutch "Das Anus von Stuhl"  Twisted Evil

Manhay1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  238.91 KB
 Viewed:  9061 Time(s)

Manhay1.jpg

#118: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:31 am
    —
I lost Jag Rhino  Embarassed  but I got 6 US tanks in 45 seconds then accepted the truce

Manhay2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  128.87 KB
 Viewed:  9058 Time(s)

Manhay2.jpg

Manhay2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  128.87 KB
 Viewed:  9058 Time(s)

Manhay2.jpg

#119: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:11 am
    —
Hotten - Cochen VS 109 / 28 ID

I mowed down a lot of infantry with the Command Panzer Underlord. It nearly got bogged with the weight of all those Iron Crosses!

Underlord.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  118.61 KB
 Viewed:  9055 Time(s)

Underlord.jpg

Hotton1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.84 KB
 Viewed:  9055 Time(s)

Hotton1.jpg

#120: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:15 am
    —
Save Game - Happy Easter comrades

Day 7 Turn 1 after Hotton.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 7 Turn 1 after Hotton.gc
 Filesize:  1.59 MB
 Downloaded:  189 Time(s)

#121: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:20 pm
    —
Champlon - A good fight here. I take a lot of shreks in case too many tanks come down on me. Lots of mg teams as well. Battle starts with three Allied tanks popping into view. After many shrek shots they are taken out. Remainder of battle is trying to get a disband. My command and mg teams assault West down the road and fields. They are caught up by a 30cal MG and another infantry team that stayed out of sight most of the game. There is not enough time to take them out. I had to put my men on ambush and wait out for the timer to kick in.

St Hubert - Allied infantry attack against my mech infantry and panthers. I surrounded thier deploy with all my heavy stuff. As the battle starts, the Allies start dropping like flies. I inch closer in every minute taking care not to disband or take the final VL. I truce out when theres only a couple yanks left.

sth1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  443.81 KB

sth1.png

champ1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  425.04 KB

champ1.png

day_7_turn_1_after_hotton_995.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  day_7_turn_1_after_hotton_995.gc
 Filesize:  1.6 MB
 Downloaded:  221 Time(s)

#122: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:24 pm
    —
Kollenberg is a coward most of the time! He just fought in the battle I had at Champlon.

4cowardice.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  96.91 KB
 Viewed:  9070 Time(s)

4cowardice.png

#123: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:11 am
    —
KG 901 at Vaux Les Rosieres

Mostly a tank battle with infantry action in the woods east of the river. The Americans were going blow for blow with us and our losses began to mount...

We lost our Grille and StuG in a costly exchange. At this point, our forces may have to draw the American armor into the woods for a close quarters battle until relieved.

WaR_Pub_GC.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR_Pub_GC.gc
 Downloaded:  242 Time(s)

#124: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:19 am
    —
CAMPAIGN BLOCKED
Martelange - 15 / 5 FJ VS CCA 4th AD
Patton has arrived, bring out the Shreks. I put away the infantry gun and go for 4 Panzerschreks.
There's nowhere to hide west of the river, so I have to give them the bridge. I take up positions in the houses to the east and wait.
First to cross is a Jumbo, I shoot a full book at it, 3 hits, no damage!  Confused  It takes the north road, find 2 more AT teams and burns!. This seems to halt the offensive.

Martelange1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  344.08 KB
 Viewed:  9023 Time(s)

Martelange1.jpg

Martelange2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  126.32 KB
 Viewed:  9023 Time(s)

Martelange2.jpg

#125: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:17 am
    —
Movement Turn

KG Bremer to Marche
77 / 26 VG to Chenogne
Where the hell is Peiper, in the dead end of Nadrin! He moves to La Roche so he can relieve 190 / 62 VG in Champlon. He's hardly fired a shot this war.
There is now no green on the map  Twisted Evil

#126: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:35 am
    —
I found Peipers major obsatcle was the lack of fuel.

#127: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:51 am
    —
Champs - KG 902 Lehr VS CCB 9th
I notice they have no Jumbo's or Hellcats left and they have a Stuart as a Command Tank. We have a rienforce button, and I use it and gain 8 more armour vehicles!
Lost the Grille to a mortar, I have NO luck with these SP guns. Lost a Panther when he got ahead of the Grenadiers. I decided this mouse has been hit around enough and go for the Total. The JagdPanther took the final VL, nearly changed his mind at the last minute and ended up reversing over the VL - lol

Champs2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  222.78 KB
 Viewed:  8966 Time(s)

Champs2.jpg

#128: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:16 pm
    —
Malmedy - Telkamp VS CCB 7th AD

Looks like they're down to Greyhounds and Stuarts as well.
I pushed the attack into the forest, lost 2 Panthers to the 76's, but destroyed all the US medium tanks. It's too messy to fight this map anymore. Nice to finish off with a Flaamenwerfer shot.

Malmedy2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  475.12 KB
 Viewed:  8961 Time(s)

Malmedy2.jpg

Malmedy3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.42 KB
 Viewed:  8961 Time(s)

Malmedy3.jpg

#129: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:20 pm
    —
Save Game

Day 7 Turn 2 after Malmedy.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 7 Turn 2 after Malmedy.gc
 Downloaded:  237 Time(s)

#130: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:25 pm
    —
Well gentlemen... We have pushed the AI to the South and West edges of the map. I'm not sure how many turns we are into this GC but nowhere near half way done. The only chance the AI has to advance is to whittle our bgs down to nothing and force thier way through. Shall we continue or call it here?

Question - Will the AI use the reinforcement option?

#131: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:13 pm
    —
This looks to be a 25 day GC?
Clicking through the dates I see it goes up to 25 and we are only on day 7.
Way to early to claim Victory if you ask me, especially when you look at their FP compared to ours.
I've seen through out the game that quite a few of their BG's had several columns with 33 teams left.
And ours had something like 12 (or less)

I have no idea if the A.I. will use the re-inforce button (Maybe shrecken can answer that)
If not do we do it for them?
Looks like Von Fallois hasnt recovered from the ass whopping he took early in the game.

I know I haven’t  been playing but I should be able to pick it back up in a few days.

#132: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:40 pm
    —
I know its early... but fighting the same maps over and over again (ie; the depots) until we are too weak to hold them is very borring. There has also been reports that the AI will not advance on the strat map.

#133: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:58 pm
    —
The AI will advance on the strat map.

#134: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:06 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
I know its early... but fighting the same maps over and over again (ie; the depots) until we are too weak to hold them is very borring. There has also been reports that the AI will not advance on the strat map.

What else have you go to do thats more exciting than playing CC?

#135: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:25 pm
    —
You guys are all experienced CC players.

maybe you should have chosen to play one of the more difficult campaigns, reduced german supply, made available for WaR in stead of one that tries to cover all skill levels.

#136: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:51 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
You guys are all experienced CC players.

maybe you should have chosen to play one of the more difficult campaigns, reduced german supply, made available for WaR in stead of one that tries to cover all skill levels.

The Führer choose this battleplan,not us.  :lol:

Do you guys want to start over and make it harder?
I don't mind either way.
Be nice to mess around with some of the settings for a 16/25 day GC.

I.E.
3 maybe 4 turns per day
Low fuel ?
Low ammo ?
BG's dont return when disbanded ?

#137: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:49 pm
    —
Maybe we should switch sides?haha...

I think playing a GC thats harder in terms of less supply or whatever would just slow the inevitable advance and not really add too much to difficulty. The classic way to make the AI "better" is to cripple the human player.... never liked that way.

#138: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:52 pm
    —
Personally I think that playing with reduced supply more accurately reflects the German position in Dec. 1944

#139: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:26 am
    —
The problem with any Bulge game, not just CC4 / WaR but any game that tries to re-enact history is that the first week is easy an German advance the second week stalemate then it's Americans all the way to Berlin. As for CC I enjoyin attacking the AI, but defending vs AI is often a non event (Yawnfest)  Switching to the Americans would be good for the next week but after that it will just get easier as the fresh BG's join in.

I had a good battle in VS the AI, it did advance in spurts. I'll continue to defend until GeneralOberst Mooxe passes new orders from the Fuhrer. This will give me a chance to assess any AI improvements.

I wish we could program an all-out assault, human wave style to defend against, that would make for quicker battles.

Quote:
The Führer choose this battleplan,not us.  Laughing

Yeah, I just drive the tank!

#140: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:10 pm
    —
It just doesn’t seem right to call it quits with 18 days left in the GC but that’s up to you guys.
I believe we will run out of forces and quit in defeat.
I'll keep playing it and if you want to change things I’ll play again.
But finish this one first.

#141: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:00 pm
    —
The Fuhrer wants us to continue.

His roders are to surround the Allied battlegroups on the maps.

Specifically, we allow the Allied BGs to capture a VL other than the road VLs. Preferrably a VL around the center of the map, somewhere with no cover. Once that is done we can surround them completely with our weapons. Having thier back up against a wall, although still fruitless to fight from, is an advantage.

#142: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:50 pm
    —
Ja wohl, mein Führer

"Campaign Blocked"

#143: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:05 am
    —
blok

#144: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:14 am
    —
woops..... save Baraque Fraiture to me. I will stand down. Just wasted an hour...........

#145: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:31 am
    —
.........waiting for the file....................

#146: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:38 am
    —
Trois Ponts:
Just whittling them down sir.Nothing special here to say since the AI is out of gas they didn't try to attack much and were not interested in loosing any men for a worthless cause.

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  130.72 KB
 Viewed:  9162 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

#147: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:48 pm
    —
LaGleize:

With such horrible deployment and an even equally horrible commander the US soldier dies in vain as he tries to push out onto the map.

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.05 KB
 Viewed:  9158 Time(s)

UO0002.jpg

#148: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:53 pm
    —
Baraque De Fraiture:
This is what concerns me about our outcome.
The AI dies a slow and painful death from our Mortars and Support.
Then I took back some ground in the southwest just to make sure they couldn't use it next time around.

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.37 KB
 Viewed:  9147 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.66 KB

UO0003.jpg

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.23 KB

UO0007.jpg

#149: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:55 pm
    —
Photo of Baraque De Fraiture

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  731.48 KB
 Viewed:  9142 Time(s)

UO0006.jpg

#150: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:56 pm
    —
Current file,same name.

day_7_turn_2_after_malmedy_118.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  day_7_turn_2_after_malmedy_118.zip
 Filesize:  182.76 KB
 Downloaded:  244 Time(s)

#151: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:11 am
    —
Manhay - Allied depot. I let the Allies capture one VL so I could capture the road VL they were deploying on. Mission for next person Manhay is to herd the Allies to center of map, capturing VLs along North edge.

Hotton - Allies have an unbelievably small deploy. I put four flamethrower teams in close proximity to them/ The battle started out with Circ Du Soleil style stacks of human bodies facing my flame teams, one after the other the flame teams unleashed with the help of infantry teams stationed way back. It was a good BBQ, but in the end they claimed only 14 of the kills. Right after the 1st two flame shots Allies started to surrender.

manhaysurrounded.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  425.39 KB
 Viewed:  9140 Time(s)

manhaysurrounded.png

bbqtime.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  946.79 KB

bbqtime.png

hottonbbq.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  427.79 KB

hottonbbq.png

frommooxe.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  frommooxe.gc
 Filesize:  1.61 MB
 Downloaded:  207 Time(s)

#152: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:33 pm
    —
KG Bremer at Marche

Attacked into Marche with armored cars and ss grenadiers...

The ss secured good positioning for Peiper's glorious entry I suppose...

190/62 VG at Champlon

Set up shrecks and sMGs in the buildings to contain the American thrust across the causeway...

Stopped their armor, which in turn stopped their infantry from going anywhere.

KG Von Bohm at Saint-Hubert

Brought 3 Panthers with three spotting teams to chew up to American engineers stuck in the woodline. Our panzer commanders later commented that it was like throwing nets onto schools of surrounded fish...

except these fish were screaming.

WaR_Public_GC.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filesize:  1.62 MB
 Downloaded:  206 Time(s)

#153: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:58 am
    —
901 at Vaux-Les-Rosieres

At first my strategy was to control the American forces and secure the east side of the river...

That strategy soon changed when Sherman after Sherman went up in flames...

Used a Grille and PzGr squad to secure the last VL.

WaR_Public_GC.gc
 Description:

Download
 Downloaded:  206 Time(s)

#154: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:07 am
    —
Martelange - 15 / 5 FJ vs CCA 4th AD
Lots of enemy tanks still, we have lots of Shrels including Veteran team Ehrig
The AI seems happy to stop at the bridge and flank through Bloody Gully, I will put more AT there next time. These FJ will need to be relieved soon.

Martelange3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  125.85 KB
 Viewed:  9114 Time(s)

Martelange3.jpg

#155: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:57 am
    —
Save file?

Last edited by RD_DeathDealer on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total

#156: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:57 am
    —
KG Von Bohm has some tough Panther crews in it...

Last edited by RD_DeathDealer on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

#157: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:42 am
    —
Sorry - forgot to post the savegame.... Embarassed

#158: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:12 pm
    —
pvt_Grunt, can you post the save file please?

#159: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:04 pm
    —
The Fuhrer is pissed at Pvt_Grunt!!

angry-hitler.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.5 KB
 Viewed:  9065 Time(s)

angry-hitler.jpg

#160: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:43 pm
    —
RD_DeathDealer wrote (View Post):
pvt_Grunt, can you post the save file please?

What happened - I saw that you replayed my battle and moved on. It looked OK. Now it's been deleted, so I guess Adolf decided against it.

Again, sorry - 44 years old with 3 young kids... bad for the memory!

war_public_gc_Fuhrer's fury.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  war_public_gc_Fuhrer's fury.gc
 Downloaded:  161 Time(s)

#161: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:32 pm
    —
Yea, I replayed the battle...but then thought it may make some people unhappy...so I removed the post.

My memory is about as good as yours at 40 with 4 kids...I know how you feel Shocked

Thanks for the post...

and Hitler better not be mad...we're currently kicking some a$$ for him.

#162: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:33 pm
    —

StuGs combine their firepower to overwhelm the light American Stewarts. In no time at all the whole northwest part of the Ridge was on fire...

Rather than take the entire Ridge, we left a small gap for the Americans to fight from...which should cost them dearly.

KG Telcamp at Malmedy

Panthers versus Stewarts. When the smoke cleared, we moved panzergrenadiers up through the woods and encircled the Americans...

Should be a turkey shoot when the battle resumes.

Fuhrer Begleit Brigade at Trois Ponts

Sent the Fallschirmjagers south and moved in a Panther-supported fire brigade to disband the Americans. I figured that this would cost our enemy dearly, seeing that they were out of supply. The battle began with the Americans on the west bank and our forces on the east. We fought our way through the bridges...

Machine-gunned our enemy prisoners...

and destroyed all resistance.

KG Bayer at La Gleize

Rather than fight the armored cav with Fallschirmjager, KG Bayer was called in to up the ante.

pvt_Grunt smashed down the Stewart Line...

RD_DeathDealer cleared the streets and went for the flank...

And...the 14th Cav goes back to the drawing board.

pvt_Grunt and RD_DeathDealer- still in this fight

WaR.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR.gc
 Filesize:  1.63 MB
 Downloaded:  199 Time(s)

#163: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:51 am
    —
Baraque Fraiture - It was bloody, desperate... and glorious. The Allies launch a last ditch banzai charge through the woods and open fields into the jaws of two MG42s and a lone Stug. Thier artillery barrage puts three infantry teams into the history books. My 81mm mortar team knocks out two 57mm ATGs. Its back and forth for awhile until finally my shrek teams are the apex of my advance. The Stug following ever so cautiously wiping out each unit the infantry stumbles upon. In the end, Mr. Stug racks up another 28 kills and the Allies are forced to retreat.

bf1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  416.99 KB
 Viewed:  8674 Time(s)

bf1.png

stughero.png
 Description:
The Leaders morale is getting very low. Probably because he is not getting credit for any kills. Next game, lets try smooshing some yanks under the Stugs tracks and see if he gets credit.
 Filesize:  215.81 KB
 Viewed:  8674 Time(s)

stughero.png

frommooxe.gc
 Description:

Download
 Downloaded:  235 Time(s)

#164: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:31 am
    —
Haas definitely needs some smooshing!

#165: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:52 pm
    —
Maybe Hass just cant cut it anymore.
Turn the Tank over to Alteweir,he defiantly has the better Leadership Skills.

#166: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:41 am
    —
Manhay - FG Kullman VS CCR 9th AD

I see Kullman has balanced his forces more towards infantry. As per the little Adolf's orders the enemy is trapped on a non- connection VL. Time for attrition.

A bunch of Stuarts are dangerous, they fire so quickly. One TD gets it's gun KO'd but the rest of the battle belongs to the SS. An armoured infantry team assaults Jag Rhino but their grenades have no effect. I accept the truce at 10 minutes but fail to see they captured a road VL - OH NO if I was real SS in 1944 I'd be sent to the Russian Front by now, like Sgt Shultz - LOL

Manhay3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  294.01 KB
 Viewed:  8952 Time(s)

Manhay3.jpg

Manhay4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.29 KB
 Viewed:  8952 Time(s)

Manhay4.jpg

#167: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:34 am
    —
Hotten - KG Cochen VS 109 / 28 ID

They still have 35 BAR teams!!!   I trade the Shrek for a halfy gun, which doesnt see out the battle I think it was 30 cal or BAR fire.
Otherwise this map is too much of a turkey shoot now to be fun, I was hoping to see more counterattack but the US BG's are too weak.

Hotton2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.33 KB
 Viewed:  8949 Time(s)

Hotton2.jpg

#168: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:06 pm
    —
Marche - KG Peiper vs 112 / 28th ID
Good to see Joachim get some action finally. No Malmedy massacre in this game for him. Unfortunately on this level Tiger II = zero in forcepool  Crying or Very sad

I captured the North West VL and bottled the enemy up in the centre. Love the STG 44 sound in this game!

Marche1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.94 KB
 Viewed:  8950 Time(s)

Marche1.jpg

#169: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:11 pm
    —
Save Game file

Day 8 Turn 1 after Marche.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 8 Turn 1 after Marche.gc
 Downloaded:  209 Time(s)

#170: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:20 pm
    —
Forgot the screen shot after Champlon,
Our schrecks took down 2 Allied tanks and held the Americans more or less at bay,they did manage to gain a slight bit of ground but nothing usefull.

#171: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:07 pm
    —
The real fun today was at Saint-Hubert.
Where Panzer Leader Gutersloh becomes impatient and frustrated at not being able to fire on the Allied soldiers fighting back.
So he runs them over.
Happy with his accomplishment he now proceeds west to do the same to another Allied Team.
All told he ends up with 9 kills for himself.

Here is our current status.And the current file.

UO0028.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.08 KB
 Viewed:  8897 Time(s)

UO0028.jpg

UO0027.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  160.38 KB
 Viewed:  8897 Time(s)

UO0027.jpg

Day 8 Turn 2 cont.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 8 Turn 2 cont.zip
 Filesize:  183.8 KB
 Downloaded:  211 Time(s)

#172: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:03 am
    —
NICE!!!

#173: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:38 am
    —
KG 901 at Vaux-Les-Rosieres

901 has lost nearly all of it's AT capabilities. This forced me to prepare ambushes for the American armor at close ranges. The engagement began with an American infantry attack through the woods, with the bulk force of the Shermans moving for the bridge. Our flammen soldiers put a stop to the infantry assault, and our shreck team knocked out a couple Shermans...

But shortly afterwards, the shreck ran out of armored peircing and our soldiers began to fall as tank fire raked their positions.

15/5 Fallschrimjager at Martelange

Ambushed Shermans with shrecks and close-assault...

Once their armor was gone, our paras were able to fight their way through the bridge and into the buildings near their VL.

We ambushed the Americans trapped in the Elsenborne Pocket, but they put up a defense like a badger in a corner. Lost pz201 Braeder to a single 37mm shell that penetrated the tank and killed the crew without flaming anything...

Tough fight, the AI went blow for blow.

KG Telcamp at Malmedy

The Americans are surrounded at Malmedy...

Another massacre as the pockets are reduced.

WaR-Public.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR-Public.gc
 Filesize:  1.64 MB
 Downloaded:  172 Time(s)

#174: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:40 am
    —
Manhay again - sigh....  I dont know how to keep the troops interest up with all these rumours of a transfer to Kreta. They are getting sick of the snow and are dreaming of dark haired island women.....
I dont think this armour BG has any tanks left so I put it out of its misery

Manhay5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.74 KB
 Viewed:  8874 Time(s)

Manhay5.jpg

#175: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:36 pm
    —
Hotton again - sigh  I'm playing the same maps each night, no ones fault, just in sync with the rotation.
I see they are down to 27 BAR teams. The AI has 4 engineer teams, but does not choose them. Instaed it goes for 4 rifle teams? They are both 17 points.
Also it chooses 3 - 30 cal MG teams (23 pts)but no 50 cal (20 pts) - does it  just go for the highest value?
Also - has anyone seen the AI reinforce? I would reinforce when the armour or AT guns were depleted, thats my trigger. This BG has been out of tanks for days but no reinforce.
Check out there deployment - can any one say "Barrage"?

Hotton3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  428.98 KB
 Viewed:  8869 Time(s)

Hotton3.jpg

Hotton4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  134.92 KB
 Viewed:  8869 Time(s)

Hotton4.jpg

#176: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:40 pm
    —
Save Game

war_public_213.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  war_public_213.gc
 Filesize:  1.65 MB
 Downloaded:  144 Time(s)

#177: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:35 pm
    —
KG Peiper at Marche

Used panzergrenadiers to spot the Americans and the Panthers to rip them apart.

Peiper and his men can now rest until the Americans show up in all their AI brilliance.

WaR_public.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR_public.gc
 Downloaded:  151 Time(s)

#178: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:48 am
    —
KG Von Bohn at Champlon

Brought in heavy tanks and light halftracks to deal with the American's progress at Champlon. The halftracks moved forward in a recon role and relayed the positions of the American tanks back to HQ. Panthers moved in and destroyed them...

The final stroke came when our infantry crossed the bridge, secured the town, and assaulted North Hill...

To win the map.

WaR Public Campaign.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR Public Campaign.gc
 Downloaded:  145 Time(s)

#179: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:42 am
    —
77/26 VG at Vaux Les Rosieres

Volksgrenadiers moved in to replace the exhausted KG 901.
Volkstruppen secured the easternmost portion of the woods, but are in definite need of training with their shrecks and fausts...

Nevertheless, KG 902 is on it's way here with armor and some heavy weapons.

WaR Public GC.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR Public GC.gc
 Downloaded:  156 Time(s)

#180: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:34 pm
    —
Martelange:

We set up shop on the east side of the bridge expecting a heavy Armor assault.
To our surprise nothing came of it.Seems the Americans were happy to just sit back and eat chocolate bars and smoke Lucky Strikes.

What little action seen was around "The Bridge" VL with a Platoon_Squad meeting it's maker early in the game.
Our Zugtrupp with Ditner,Sterf,Deutscher,Krondorf and Verl spotted an American M8A1 and proceeded to fire upon it despite the means to destroy it.
Only 1 escaped with their life.

Hearing upon their friends deaths the Panzerschreck team of Ehrig & Gross set out for revenge.
Upon seeing the M8A1 and a few Allied soldiers Ehrig became scared and nervous and forgot all his BASIC training and his first five shots were off considerably.
Three shots hit the Bridge,and One killed a fish,            
So nervous was he that his next shot landed right in front of him and Gross.
Only on his last shot with their lives at stake with fire pouring down from the M8A1did he take careful aim and destroy his foe.

From there on it was just waiting to see who would attack next,and neither side did.

Martelange.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  224.64 KB
 Viewed:  8835 Time(s)

Martelange.jpg

UO0019.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.54 KB
 Viewed:  8835 Time(s)

UO0019.jpg

#181: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:51 pm
    —
Elsenborn Ridge:

Pz204 Hochbaum was out of ammo and didn't notify HQ of this before the start of the Battle.
He was giving the best position on the map at the start of the Battle only to have to withdraw before being destroyed.
It seems to appear to the higher ups that too many men are going for medals rather than Total Victory as 5 vehicles were lost today by men looking for Blood.
Only when the Commander dropped a Mortar Barrage and moved his wisest men into proper position did the American suffer any losses.

UO0036.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.75 KB
 Viewed:  9912 Time(s)

UO0036.jpg

#182: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:00 am
    —
Malmedy:
The smell of Blood is driving our forces beyond anything we have seen before.
men are taking great risks to kill as many as the enemy as possible to protect the Fatherland.
Once the firefight started the Allies dropped a Heavy Barrage on our forces forcing them to pull back.
One Stug and one Command Team however were not so lucky.

This brought on out own Barrage and more vigor from our men to kill anything that moved.
And that they did.

malmedy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  566.07 KB
 Viewed:  9910 Time(s)

malmedy.jpg

#183: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:01 am
    —
Malmedy:
The smell of Blood is driving our forces beyond anything we have seen before.
Men are taking great risks to kill as many as the enemy as possible to protect the Fatherland.
Once the firefight started the Allies dropped a Heavy Barrage on our forces forcing them to pull back.
One Stug and one Command Team however were not so lucky.

This brought on out own Barrage and more vigor from our men to kill anything that moved.
And that they did.

malmedy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  566.07 KB
 Viewed:  9907 Time(s)

malmedy.jpg

#184: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:04 am
    —
Pvt_Grunt and RD_Deathdealer are doing an incredible service to "The Fatherland"

UO0047.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.44 KB
 Viewed:  9899 Time(s)

UO0047.jpg

UO0048.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.14 KB
 Viewed:  9899 Time(s)

UO0048.jpg

#185: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:25 am
    —
LaGleize:

One again our BEST Tanks take to the field.
Only this time with a bet amongst themselves to see who is the best.

Pvt_grunt was furious to see that he drew the short straw and was assigned to the east side of town giving RD_Deathdealer the west.
As the battle started RD_Deathdealer was held down from the start by bazooka fire from an unknown origin.

All troops were firing at will as the enemy had no cover to protect themselves.

Pvt_grunt still in a fit of rage began to push forward determined not to loose the bottle of schnapps he so promised his men when they won began to kill everything in sight.
Meanwhile RD_Deathdealer had his own troubles brewing with not only the bazooka but an Artillery barrage.Killing many men and 1 vehicle protecting his flank.

After all was said and done Pvt_Grunt had kept his promise to his men and they drank untill not only that bottle of schnapps was gone but 2 others.

LaGleize.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  9891 Time(s)

LaGleize.jpg

#186: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:27 am
    —
Some troops seemed to have moved about in the night.
Were not sure who or where but when we woke this morning we didnt recognize all that was around us.

Current file

For the Father Land.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  For the Father Land.zip
 Filesize:  197.72 KB
 Downloaded:  246 Time(s)

#187: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:32 am
    —
KG Kullman at Manhay

Had the firepower, so I used it to secure Manhay. The Americans came charging out of the corner in a desperate attempt to get into the buildings. Their Stewarts were their only hope, but 88mm and 75mm high velocity armored-piercing rounds from JagdPanthers and Panthers changed that to hopeless...

And Manhay stays ours.

KG Cochenhausen at Hotton

Positioned troops and Panthers next to our enemy and prepared to annihilate them in a close assault.
The battle started like this...

...in 45 seconds looked like this...

and ended like this.

KG Peiper at Marche

Positioned a Panther platoon to engage American Shermans at the start of the battle. The Americans countered with a heavy barrage that forced me to reposition the Panthers...our mortar halftrack was caught in the firestorm and went up in flames...

After the barrage, we rallied our ss, and strong-armed the Americans out of Marche.

190/62 VG at Saint-Hubert

Mortars, interlocking fire zones, sMGs and Shrecks stop the American advance through the forest. Volkstruppen then counterattacked the American deploy zone with great success...

Hitler is mad though...some dumbkopf forgot to screenshot the damage report. But a private saved the day by sending him this map showing ground taken instead.

For The Fatherland.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  For The Fatherland.gc
 Filesize:  1.66 MB
 Downloaded:  222 Time(s)

#188: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:57 am
    —
77/26 VG at Vaux-Les-Rosieres

Volkstruppen set up a defensive line in the woods and take harsh losses holding up the American assault.

15/5 Fallschirmjager at Martelange

Paras stop another platoon of Shermans and armored infantry from crossing the bridge.

KG Krag at Elsenborne Ridge

Counterattack lead by Huber's StuG pushes the American forces into the very tip of the Ridge.

Last edited by RD_DeathDealer on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

For The Fatherland.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  For The Fatherland.gc
 Filesize:  1.67 MB
 Downloaded:  231 Time(s)

#189: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:35 am
    —
That's a LOT of dead sprites at Hotton,Great screen-shot.
Anyone else notice this game needs more wrecks?That upturned tank is displayed way to many times and is starting to make it look cartoonish to me.

#190: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:10 pm
    —
Malmedy:
This Allied BG shouldn't be around much longer.
Not much to post,they don't want to attack and we could use more Infantry to flush them out.

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  146.37 KB
 Viewed:  9640 Time(s)

UO0003.jpg

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  621.22 KB

UO0002.jpg

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  147.1 KB

UO0001.jpg

#191: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:51 pm
    —
LaGleize:
Another BG who wont be here long.
Looks like Pvt_grunt is the sole survivor.

UO0008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.29 KB
 Viewed:  9635 Time(s)

UO0008.jpg

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.28 KB

UO0007.jpg

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.21 KB

UO0005.jpg

#192: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:54 pm
    —
Hotton:
My turn at the Turkey Shoot.

UO0013.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  650.8 KB
 Viewed:  9630 Time(s)

UO0013.jpg

UO0011.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  650.82 KB

UO0011.jpg

UO0010.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  451.18 KB

UO0010.jpg

#193: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:57 pm
    —
Look at the results should the AI use it's reinforcement.

UO0017.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.38 KB
 Viewed:  9623 Time(s)

UO0017.jpg

UO0018.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.99 KB
 Viewed:  9623 Time(s)

UO0018.jpg

#194: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:58 pm
    —
Now for ours should we use it.

UO0019.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.04 KB
 Viewed:  9616 Time(s)

UO0019.jpg

UO0020.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.18 KB
 Viewed:  9616 Time(s)

UO0020.jpg

#195: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:00 pm
    —
Current file

WAR Public GC.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WAR Public GC.zip
 Filesize:  194.03 KB
 Downloaded:  198 Time(s)

#196: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:37 pm
    —
St Hubert - Meeting engagement. I started mortaring thier advance and scored a few kills as they leaped into the houses. My infantry starting running down to get control of all buildings surrounding the deploy zone. I suffer higher than usual casualties due to rifle and mortar fire on my way to occupy those buildings. My poor panther Red Devil gets hit once by a baby sherman and three of its crew die instantly, its still operational... will it be available next battle?hmm.... My other panther takes a different route down and knocks the sherman out.

Got the AI locked down into a nice corner. We control almost all the houses surrounding thier deploy.

shresult.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  441.03 KB
 Viewed:  9753 Time(s)

shresult.png

shpanther.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  380.74 KB
 Viewed:  9753 Time(s)

shpanther.jpg

frommooxe.gc
 Description:

Download
 Downloaded:  180 Time(s)

#197: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:38 am
    —
Nevermind
Were going to the movies now,probably some stupid chick flick too Crying or Very sad

#198: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:09 am
    —
KG 902 at Vaux-Les-Rosieres

KG 902 moved in to relieve the exhausted volksgrenadiers. Started with a convoy through forest roads- being careful not to immobilize in the woods...

The JgPz platoon fought it out with concealed and hull-down Shermans on the wooded trail...

The Panther platoon engaged the main force near the bridge...

Black smoke covered the battlefield.

Unfortunately, we lost 4 of our panzers in this engagement.  Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by RD_DeathDealer on Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:46 am; edited 2 times in total

WaR.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR.gc
 Downloaded:  187 Time(s)

#199: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:16 am
    —
Nevermind
Were going to the movies now,probably some stupid chick flick too Crying or Very sad

Please post aar!

#200: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:29 am
    —
104/15 Pzgr at Martelange

104th pulled into town and immediately spread out for VLs. The combat for the bridge was intense, and our StuGs both went up in flames during the engagement  Shocked

Our truppen were able to secure some ground, but unfortunately were spotted in the process...

The AI kicked my a$$  Crying or Very sad

It is now movement

WaR for The Fuhrer.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR for The Fuhrer.gc
 Downloaded:  189 Time(s)

#201: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:46 am
    —
KG Krag at Elsenborne Ridge

Engineers ambush an American convoy of halftracks at the top of the Ridge while Huber's StuG fires into the middle of them...

Scratch one convoy.

KG Telcamp at Malmedy

Americans desperately attempt to breakout of the pocket at Malmedy. Our firepower into the pocket included 150mm HE, 75mm HE, 80mm mortar HE, flamethrowers, and MG42 for the surviving crews...

The Americans called for a truce in less than 20 seconds of fighting...and we kindly accepted.

KG Bayer at LaGleize

LaGleize resembled a WW1 battlefield after a failed attack by the Americans today...

Panzer commander Kuhn called for pvt_Grunt to survey the battlefield to assist in trucing with the Americans- but he was not on the roster! Rumor has it that he was sent to a field hospital with DeathDealer where there are plenty of nurses and wine to go around...

KG Kullmann at Manhay

Greyhound armored cars versus Kullmann's Jagdpanthers at Manhay...

The place is turning into a junkyard of American equipment.

KG Cochenhausen at Hotton

Intense house-to-house fighting in the streets. Eventually our forces made ground and pushed our enemy back...

Into an open field where they truced. Bad JuJu for them next battle.

WaR for The Fuhrer.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR for The Fuhrer.gc
 Filesize:  1.68 MB
 Downloaded:  326 Time(s)

#202: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:59 pm
    —
Platoon_Michael vs. The Wife

Wife:You want to go to a movie tonight?

Platoon_Michael:NO

Wife:Moves in for close combat and whispers in ear,come on lets go out

Wife: Lets go see your girlfriend Jennifer Anniston in The Bounty Hunter

Platoon_Michael: Is she naked in this movie?

Wife:Maybe,I don't know

Platoon_Michael:What time does it start?

Wife:soon

Platoon_Michael:
I want to play a game

Wife: I already bought the tickets online

Platoon_Michael:What if I don't want to go,you just wasted money on an extra ticket.

Wife:Hurry up and get in the shower.

Platoon_Michael: Ummmmm,damm woman

Movie:
Sucked,no nudity,spent to much money for tickets,popcorn,soda and a box of Milkduds.I also had to shower and brush my teeth.
And didn't get any booty.

#203: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:06 pm
    —
I don't see how we can keep this up.
Our BG's are whittling down to nothing while the American BG have an endless supply of resources.
I thought that with as many of the Allied BG's we've disbanded they wouldn't be this strong coming back.

Marche:
We lost 1 Panther to a Mortar today!And 2 others.

UO0012.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.11 KB
 Viewed:  11401 Time(s)

UO0012.jpg

#204: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:25 pm
    —
St Hubert:

UO0017.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.51 KB
 Viewed:  11396 Time(s)

UO0017.jpg

#205: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:28 pm
    —
Vaux-Les-rosieres:
It just seems impossible to gain any type of ground here.

UO0025.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.76 KB
 Viewed:  11389 Time(s)

UO0025.jpg

#206: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:29 pm
    —
Martelange:
It's only a matter of time before we lose this map.

UO0030.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.53 KB
 Viewed:  11384 Time(s)

UO0030.jpg

#207: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:38 pm
    —
Current file.
Strategic moves are up.
We have 4 Air Supports awarded to us today.
I'm in favor of pulling everyone back not only this turn but the next turn as well.
The goal being to surround some of the heavier Allied BG's and thus hopefully depleting their Force Pools much faster.

Up to you though

Day 10 Turn 2 strat moves.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 10 Turn 2 strat moves.zip
 Filesize:  203.78 KB
 Downloaded:  315 Time(s)

#208: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:58 pm
    —
Game is crashing on my end

#209: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:19 pm
    —
Mooxe found that if you replace the BG at Elsenborne Ridge the game wont crash.
I'll let somebody else decide what to do here,so game is not checked out.

#210: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:56 pm
    —
Are we going to have to do the same thing at Hotton and Marche?
Both those maps have small deployments     right?

Better to do it now than wait and have to play over.
Or do you just want to wait and see what happens?

#211: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:57 pm
    —
Mooxe is the file checked out?

#212: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:59 pm
    —
Elsenborn Ridge.
After rearranging BG's to get past the CTD,Looks like we still have them where we want them,backed in a corner.
This Allied BG has nothing left.

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.15 KB
 Viewed:  11641 Time(s)

UO0002.jpg

#213: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:21 pm
    —
Malmedy:
This BG did not try to fill it's slots despite having units to choose from (as did the Battle at Elsenborn Ridge too)
So im not gonna help them.

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.51 KB
 Viewed:  11646 Time(s)

UO0003.jpg

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  146.46 KB

UO0004.jpg

#214: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:23 pm
    —
Hotton:
I just want this one over.

UO0015.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  645.45 KB
 Viewed:  11647 Time(s)

UO0015.jpg

UO0017.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.77 KB
 Viewed:  11647 Time(s)

UO0017.jpg

#215: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:29 pm
    —
Marche:
I sent 2 MarkIV's and a Command team go after the M36 Jackson and had multiple shots on it from both the side and the rear and the dam thing wouldn't go down.Our MarkIV's did go down unfortunately.
Luckily for me I got an ME-262 to come in and save the day and truce out before losing anymore tanks.

UO0020.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  680.98 KB

UO0020.jpg

UO0021.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  680.61 KB

UO0021.jpg

UO0022.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.16 KB

UO0022.jpg

#216: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:34 pm
    —
I saved the 3 worst Battles this turn for all my buddies playing this GC . Smile
St Hubert
Vaux-Les-Rosiers
and Martelange
All 3 have air support and the last 2 also have a Mortar barrage.

Current file below.GL

Day 10 Turn 2.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 10 Turn 2.zip
 Filesize:  199.78 KB
 Downloaded:  273 Time(s)

#217: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:00 pm
    —
St Hubert - Once again AI trapped in a corner. Enter ~Jail Bait~ our newest Panther. ~Red Devil~ suffered 3 KIA last battle, he survived and was once again in this battle with fresh crew. One of its crew had kills from the last tank he was in... I couldnt find out where he came from. The AI suffered heavily once again. The AI is well stocked and it will take some time to beat them down.

Vaux-Les-Rosieries - Nothing to hard about this battle. I put my Panther up North with clear LOS to bridge and South. He racks up four tank kills while being immobilized... kills a 57mm ATG as well. I lose two shrek teams... thats our biggest loss. Why did you guys have so much trouble here?

vlr1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  410.09 KB
 Viewed:  11549 Time(s)

vlr1.png

sh1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  447.12 KB
 Viewed:  11549 Time(s)

sh1.png

turn10frommooxe.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  turn10frommooxe.gc
 Filesize:  1.69 MB
 Downloaded:  269 Time(s)

#218: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:35 pm
    —
I have a suggestion... Idea

Why don't we reinforce all American BGs as we continue this campaign.

This will really get us to rethink our strategies and make do with our left over resources.

We'll post more thoughts on strategy in addition to the AAR's.

What do you guys think???

#219: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:53 pm
    —
reinforcing some of those Allied BG's push's them waaayyy up.
But im game if you guys are.
I do see myself being pretty bored now.

#220: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:55 pm
    —
bloked

#221: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:15 pm
    —
We would have to decide on when to reinforce an AI bg.

- When they cant fill out 15 units either due to the bug or actually not having 15 units?

#222: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:53 am
    —
Wow 47 screen shots Sad
Do I really need to post an AAR for these Battles?
Cant you guys just go back and re-read the other ones?
I'm sure their the same thing.

Here's the latest file

Day 11 Turn 2.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 11 Turn 2.zip
 Filesize:  202.15 KB
 Downloaded:  351 Time(s)

#223: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:01 am
    —
Yes post some AARs.... i like reading the numbers...

Marche - Tank crews cleaned up and forced the AI into a thimble. No significant losses for us aside from some infantry.

Vaux-Les-Rosiers - Panther setup in the North again and chews through all enemy vehicles. My men assault across bridge and tighten the noose around this BG.

march1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  449.43 KB
 Viewed:  11842 Time(s)

march1.png

vlr1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  421.59 KB
 Viewed:  11842 Time(s)

vlr1.png

frommooxe.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filesize:  1.7 MB
 Downloaded:  320 Time(s)

#224: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:37 am
    —
I vote for reinforcing them all NOW...

Would be interesting to see the AI push us back (maybe not)...

and us using our brains to win.

#225: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:38 am
    —
Originally blocked the campaign, but things came up and couldn't finish the game...

#226: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:43 am
    —
I'll post them tonight.
Has anyone seen the AI use an Air-strike yet?..........I haven't
I did reinforce one Allied BG and one of ours.
Ours was at Martelang,I cant remember the Allied BG now. Sad
But it didn't provide it with the Massive upgrade like I have seen some do.

The 3 maps I won outright I captured the last VL while the AI's moral bar was in the red then took a truce.
This caused 2 BG's to be disbanded and the other to leave in disarray.

If were going to reinforce the Allies I suggest moving back 1-2 maps and see if we can surround them.
Only because I would like to compare screen-shots of how much the game really takes away from their Force Pools.

#227: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:08 pm
    —
Sundays Game.

UO0014.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  146.42 KB
 Viewed:  12219 Time(s)

UO0014.jpg

UO0009.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.37 KB

UO0009.jpg

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.45 KB

UO0005.jpg

#228: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:12 pm
    —
Sundays games continued

UO0025.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.94 KB
 Viewed:  12214 Time(s)

UO0025.jpg

UO0020.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.98 KB

UO0020.jpg

UO0016.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.6 KB

UO0016.jpg

#229: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:13 pm
    —
Still more

UO0037.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  130.86 KB
 Viewed:  12204 Time(s)

UO0037.jpg

UO0036.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.71 KB

UO0036.jpg

UO0027.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.73 KB

UO0027.jpg

#230: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:17 pm
    —
Still more....
Check out the LOS one of our Paks got on a Stewert. Smile

UO0044.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.76 KB
 Viewed:  12195 Time(s)

UO0044.jpg

UO0043.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.19 KB

UO0043.jpg

UO0041.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  640.07 KB

UO0041.jpg

#231: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:21 pm
    —
Last one

UO0047.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.84 KB
 Viewed:  12054 Time(s)

UO0047.jpg

#232: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:37 pm
    —
Random Pictures.
Anyone pick up on how bad that House is destroyed at Martelange?

Random Pics2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.73 MB
 Viewed:  12046 Time(s)

Random Pics2.jpg

#233: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:35 am
    —
Martelange:
Brig. General Earnest vs.Oberstlt. Nolte

Within seconds of the game starting our Panzer Grenadiere's took out the Sherman sitting on the bridge.
At first I thought (SWEET).
Then our Mortar team took out the AtGun sitting on the bridge and a few soldiers hiding behind it.
Things were very quite for a long time so I decided to clean up the woods on both sides of the bridge.
The North side wasn't an issue and we took down the Armored Inf.team but the South side wasnt so easy and we almost lost 2 whole teams.

Bout this time the 88mm who was set on defend just outside the woods tore into the tiny Stewart and set it ablaze.
We tried to sneak close to the creek and get a shot off on one of the Veteran Shermans but no luck and lost the Zook team.

Having that Sherman blown on the bridge allowed the Allies to bring soldiers up for support and our MG42 could not get any LOS on them.Something to maybe remember next time around.

"GOOD NIGHT, Mrs. Calabash--wherever you are!"

Last edited by platoon_michael on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Martelange.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  295.17 KB
 Viewed:  12039 Time(s)

Martelange.jpg

#234: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:08 am
    —
Elsenborne Ridge:

Colonel Seitz vs. SS-OStbf. Krause

We pretty much just let this new BG find out exactly what the old BG already knew.
Your not going anywhere. :)

After cleaning up the wave of sprites with Mortars and MG fire we moved in under heavy smoke and closed the circle for his next enjoyable attack.

And here is the current file

UO0012.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  611.93 KB
 Viewed:  12035 Time(s)

UO0012.jpg

UO0013.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.69 KB
 Viewed:  12035 Time(s)

UO0013.jpg

Day 12 Turn 1 Malmedy next Battle.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 12 Turn 1 Malmedy next Battle.zip
 Filesize:  210.03 KB
 Downloaded:  302 Time(s)

#235: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:15 pm
    —
Yawn

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  130.59 KB
 Viewed:  12023 Time(s)

UO0003.jpg

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.97 KB

UO0002.jpg

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  145.39 KB

UO0001.jpg

#236: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:07 am
    —
Yawn 2 the sequel.

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.49 KB
 Viewed:  12015 Time(s)

UO0007.jpg

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  143.89 KB

UO0006.jpg

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.91 KB

UO0005.jpg

#237: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:08 am
    —
Current file

Day 12 Turn 1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 12 Turn 1.zip
 Filesize:  206.29 KB
 Downloaded:  304 Time(s)

#238: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:17 am
    —
VICTORY!

This GC has ended.

WE WIN!

Thanks for the games guys, this was actually kinda fun. I did spend some time waiting for the file to be posted back so I could whompinize the AI and brag about it.

#239: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:43 am
    —
What!!!???

No screenshot post of the campaign debrief showing the total accumulated losses of both sides!!!???

#240: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:16 am
    —
Also how about posting the final save... but you must have a screenshot?

#241: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:55 am
    —
How can it be over?
There's still 13 days left in the GC.

#242: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:25 am
    —
Its just too borring to play now so before it ends up in limbo of a game here and there, it should be ended... next GC starts this weekend... hope you guys play.

Save game and overall results will be posted.

operation Panzer Tsunami-Earthquake II idea.... take this save file and play Allies?

#243: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:06 pm
    —
I think you've looked at the Force Pools and seen how things are going to become desperate for the Germans and decided to bail out now while on top.Rather than follow it all the way through.
You were ready to claim VICTORY! on Day 7.  Laughing
If I counted correctly I have you as playing only 25 Battles too.  Razz  

yes it's boring right now,but the Allies are probably going to win through attrition.
And you see that too don't you?

I wish I had kept better track of the A.I.'s Force Pools from the beginning,I don't know how much if anything they are losing when they got disbanded,and I have no idea what shape Peiper will look like when he comes back from being disbanded.
I want to know,but then again I don't want to know. Ya know?

I will keep playing until it's done win or lose and continue to post AAR's checkout the file/post the new file in all the same manner as before,you guys can do whatever you want.

Besides,
I havent completed a GC with WAR yet,might as well be this one.

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  145.54 KB
 Viewed:  7981 Time(s)

UO0002.jpg

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.44 KB
 Viewed:  7981 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

#244: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 pm
    —
Campaign Blocked

#245: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:53 pm
    —
I missed it ... when did Peiper get disbanded..why?

#246: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:01 pm
    —
He didnt get disbanded but I expect it when looking at his FP and probably even closer after my.........er I mean HIS last Battle.  Very Happy

#247: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:06 pm
    —
Marche:

Lost 1 Panther today trying to play cat and mouse with all those Allied Tanks.
Crept up fired off a round and while trying to move back for cover to reload..........BOOM He was toast.
The other Panther did a nice job on several Tanks and our very own little MarkIV took one out as well.

The Allies gained some ground today but that's OK,Currently one can't get any LOS on them in the corner due to all the wrecks.

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.98 KB
 Viewed:  7851 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

#248: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:16 pm
    —
Our 2 Panthers were in good cover at the start of the Battle over behind the houses by the "South Village" VL when the Americans dropped an artillery Barrage in the area so we got the hell out of there.

The Panther on Defend in the filed was then being shot at by the Sherman down the road.(We could not get LOS)
This caused the Panther to be immobile so I ran the other forward fast as I could to take the Sherman out before the Panther got destroyed.
Much to my surprise as soon as I got LOS on the Sherman with Scorpion an AT Gun popped up right then as well.

Hopping desperately that the front armor would save me from the AT Gun I kept my fire onto the Sherman..........
But it was not to be.

After cleaning up the soldiers I then moved our last Panther in to seek revenge with much success.

UO0008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  635.59 KB
 Viewed:  7840 Time(s)

UO0008.jpg

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  636.4 KB

UO0007.jpg

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  631.69 KB

UO0005.jpg

#249: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:19 pm
    —
results and the current file.

What should we do about CCR/4th AD who wont use any of his Armor for this upcoming Battle.
Help him out/
Or screw him?

UO0011.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.92 KB
 Viewed:  7833 Time(s)

UO0011.jpg

Day 12 Turn 2 _185.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 12 Turn 2 _185.zip
 Filesize:  205.67 KB
 Downloaded:  337 Time(s)

#250: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:21 am
    —
Victory Announcement

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=273&mode=thread&order=0&thold=-1

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1