How do I edit/coreect TLD maps to rotate "St. Come Du
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: How do I edit/coreect TLD maps to rotate "St. Come Du Author: dropshot10 PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:28 pm
    —
By my own admission I do not mod or edit much but enjoy playing mods by others and appreciate all the work which goes into creating a good mod.

This has probably been addressed, however, the St. Come du Mont map is actually the Carentan causeway between St. Come and Carentan which the 502nd PIR named "Purple Heart Lane".  The map is geographically correct by overhead view but off by 180' in the game routes to reach the map, unless you attack from the direction of Les Forges which of course the 502nd did not do.  This oversight has the allies attacking this map from the South(right-hand) side close to where the causeway enters Carentan which is the wrong direction.  

Will someone be kind enough to inform me of the best/easy way to edit/rotate this map?

And worst of all, the "Carentan Causeway" map is just ridiculous.  It's about half correct, the bridges are accurate but everything else is way off.  Not sure what reference was used to create it.

If you look on Google Maps you can see the route plain as day.  If the creators wanted to include the wooden bridge constructed by the engineers, they easily could have made the existing map larger or created an actual St. Come du Mont map which includes this bridge and "Dead Man's Corner".

So if one of you Gurus out there can help me with this I promise I will create such a map and change the positions of the maps so it resembles the actual terrain a little more than it currently does.

Best,

dropshot10

#2: Re: How do I edit/coreect TLD maps to rotate "St. Come Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:16 pm
    —
hi!

i think that you need cc2tool

#3: Re: How do I edit/coreect TLD maps to rotate "St. Come Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:38 pm
    —
This will get you headed in the right direction

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/ccmt/flip.html

But if the map just needs rotating you will have to recode the map

#4: Re: How do I edit/coreect TLD maps to rotate "St. Come Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:28 pm
    —
Would it not be even easier just to change the entry and exit point locations?

#5: Re: How do I edit/coreect TLD maps to rotate "St. Come Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:08 am
    —
For some reason, the original CC5 St Come du Mont map also represented the Carentan Causeway. Looking at the Come du Mont map in TLD, a 90 degree rotation clockwise would line it up in the correct orientation of the stratmap.  Connections would need to be fixed.

'Causeway', actually is representing the same area from what I see, and is in the correct orientation for the stratmap orientation.  If flipped vertically, it would be almost an exact representation of the Come du Mont map rotated as described above.

IIRC, Mafi's CCTools tool can actually rotate the data for the map as well.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1