awkward new press release from Atomic games
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: awkward new press release from Atomic games Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:16 pm
    —
Press release

#2: Re: awkward new press release from Atomic games Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:52 pm
    —
Well... Breach... I am sure its Six Days in Falluja without the whole... Six Days in Falluja story.

#3: Re: awkward new press release from Atomic games Author: Therion PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:55 pm
    —
Looks like they have hired the cheerleader for their PR Smile

#4: Re: awkward new press release from Atomic games Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:55 pm
    —
No, I can't confirm s3t are involved with this release.

NDA's restict what anybody at s3t can say.... or even allude to.

#5: Re: awkward new press release from Atomic games Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:07 pm
    —
Are they actually having success with their 3D shooters as to continue this path? I would like nothing more than atomic retaking the CC franchise and updating it.

#6: Re: awkward new press release from Atomic games Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:13 pm
    —
My guess would be ... how do we get some money after all the effort we put into  six days in fallujha... I know a quick spinoof release with new skins and storyline.

There you go,  $500,000 in the bank.

#7: Re: awkward new press release from Atomic games Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:00 pm
    —
More info on Atomics new game Here

I wouldn't hold my breath about them ever revisiting CloseCombat.  Its all up to the Indie developers now to fufil that dream.

#8: Re: awkward new press release from Atomic games Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:31 pm
    —
Yawn,
This news is about as exciting as a Hollywood story of some spouse getting caught cheating on another spouse.

A new CC?
heck I'm still waiting on a patch for the one I got,nevermind thinking about a NEW game.

Who are the inde developers?And why do they own the code now?
who/what/where?

#9: Re: awkward new press release from Atomic games Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:20 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

A new CC?

I was referring to this from an interview in march of '09 when I said don't hold your breath about a new Atomic CC.
Quote:

Currently, the series licensed to wargame-oriented publisher Matrix Games, which still releases new content for the existing games and updates their engines.
But Atomic itself intends to return to the series, Tamte promises, although its current project is unrelated. "In the future, we definitely plan on making Close Combat games again, refreshed with brand new technology,"

Your more likely to see an indie developer pick up the reins than ever see Atomic return to it IMHO. Do they even own it still?

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

Who are the inde developers? And why do they own the code now?

God have mercy on whoever is saddled with the 'the code' now. Wink
3 new releases from matrix and only a few small tweaks is all that's manageable.

#10: Re: awkward new press release from Atomic games Author: vonB PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:27 am
    —
Unless something has changed since I was involved, Destineer Studios 'owns' Close Combat.  The Press Release indicates an FPS, so it is likely not CC as we know or want.

I am pretty sure Atomic will never run with Close Combat again.  There's not enough money in it.  Even if it were to take a quantum leap forwards in terms of engine, graphics, gameplay, or whatever, it would never recover the investment, never mind make a profit.  A more possible scenario would be for some 'game' to be developed which would attract a large market (like the Sims did for example), and that 'game' could be modded to make it a WWII (or any Theatre) Combat game.  The commercial imperative is needed to obtain sufficient funds to develop it.  A few million should do it to start with.  However, how you would come up with a model that could appeal to both the public masses and be moddable to a Battle Sim for a few aficianodos is a poser, and the reason why I think it will not happen, in the foreseeable future at least.  I have been worng before... I can but hope...

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1