Realism On Ground (ROG) mod
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#61: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:19 am
    —
Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:
I've seen 5cm mortars listed for some German units in Normandy, but since it is a small weapon ... it may not have been listed consistently throughout different record keeping. As you say though, there probably wasn't any in Lehr.

5cm were listed with Type 1941 IDs only.
PzDs didn't have 5cm from 1941 Smile.

Hi Dima,
So which Divisions in Normandy may have had 5cm mortars ... and which didn't.

I will remove 5cm from any BG's that fit in the didn't category. Those BG's will have to use smoke other than from mortars. I prefer historical anyway ... just need some help figuring out who had 'em.

Thanks

#62: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:00 am
    —
Hi David.

Talked to Dima about this some weeks ago, he said "709 and 716 had them for sure as they were Type 1941 Bodestandig (static) divisions".

Cheers  Smile

#63: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:21 pm
    —
7A_Woulf wrote (View Post):
Hi David.

Talked to Dima about this some weeks ago, he said "709 and 716 had them for sure as they were Type 1941 Bodestandig (static) divisions".

Cheers  Smile

Thanks

#64: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:30 pm
    —
Took my 15 minutes Smile.

#65: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:35 am
    —
Renamed the mod:
TLD Ground Tactics

Here is the latest readme file ... just have a few small things to check over with Pzt_Kanov, and then should be good to go.

TLD Ground Tactics (GT) mod ver1

-Medium Mortars removed
-5cm Mortar added to German BG's (limited quantities)
-MMG and HMG changed to 3 and 4 man Teams
-Recon Teams added. Most BG's have one in Active Roster
-Naval support changed to Heavy support. Voice cues don't say "Naval". Note: text info "in game" still shows "Naval"
-Allied Heavy Support available for all maps
-German Heavy Support available for (non beach) maps below Bayeux (on the Strategic map) ... in limited quantities on June 8,9. This represents Heavy support brought to Normandy  
-Support quantity values changed (Naval,Mortar,Air)
-BG 901 Pz.Gr./Panzer Lehr replaced with 130 Pz./Panzer Lehr
-Tiger I added to 130 Pz./ Panzer Lehr
-130 Pz./Panzer Lehr arrives on June 9
-902/Panzer Lehr arrives on June 8
-2 inch Mortar smoke capabilities added, and new firing sound
-M7 Spigot made into a new weapon, and new firing sound
-Schiessbecher made into a new weapon
-2 pzfaust 30 for German pzjäger teams (of all branches)
-Spatrupp: replaced MP44 with MP40
-Light Mortar explosion animation size increased
-.50 cal now has visible impact graphic
-Added a crew to the Füsiliere(MG) team
-Grenade explosion animation size increased
-Created separate GIR and PIR Platoon and Company HQ
-Added another MG42 to FJ (MG) Team
-Minor adjustments to some Allied Airborne BG's
-Reduced number of Panzerschrecks in some BG's
-Some Allied BG's arriving on June 7,8 will have three tanks instead of two in Active Roster
-One less ATG for some German BG's
-DD's replace 57mm ATG in Active Roster for 16/1 and 26/1
-OnGroundFX sound mod included

Important notes about other settings:

-Battle Groups have been set to: not return after being disbanded, due to a TLD "no cohesion" bug when disbanded BG's
return, and also because the retreat option has a bug also. It may be best to uncheck "when force morale gets too low" ... in the Command screen options
-German Heavy support has been enabled only in the Grand Campaign (The Longest Day). If wanted in other battles, operations,Campaigns ... you will have to enable it in the scenario editor for each specific one.

#66: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 am
    —
looks good,,,,,except i dont agree with reducing the number of shrecks. the problem with TLD is the fact that its only 4 days long and the germans are hopelessly out numbered and OUT GUNNED. the germans dont have enough A/T guns and tanks to begin with and now they have there shreaks reduced too..........i dont think this is condusive to making the game better.
my 2 cents

RD Steiner

#67: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:42 am
    —
Btw, PLD was the only unit during the war that really had 1 RPzB per each PzGren Trupp Smile.

#68: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:41 am
    —
I hadn't reduced the Panzerschrecks by much ... but following the above comments, I've put their quantities back to the original game amounts.
For most static BG's, there is only one in the Active Roster though.

#69: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:28 am
    —
The list looks great! Nice work!

davidssfx wrote (View Post):

-Naval support changed to Heavy support. Voice cues don't say "Naval". Note: text info "in game" still shows "Naval"

You can edit that text in CCResourceDLL.dll.
Use a nifty free program called ResHacker to edit the file.

#70: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:49 pm
    —
squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
The list looks great! Nice work!

davidssfx wrote (View Post):

You can edit that text in CCResourceDLL.dll.
Use a nifty free program called ResHacker to edit the file.

hahaha ... funny you mention that. Pzt_Kanov responded to my question about the the "Naval" text editing ... last night while chatting.
Soon as I heard it involved hex editing ... I said, I'd just leave it as is.
... maybe I should at least give it a try.

Thanks for the heads up.

#71: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:15 pm
    —
It worked ... great program.  Smile
Now says "Heavy support available"

Thanks again squadleader_id

#72: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:06 pm
    —
Just tried a single battle for some testing ... and found a good match up (without making any changes to the Active Roster).

130/Panzer Lehr against the Brit 185/3.
The 185/3 has three Fireflies ... any of which can punch a hole in the front of a Tiger I in one shot from close range. Makes for an interesting battle.

#73: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:18 pm
    —
Opinions please:
I want to lock the BG's, so players have to play with what is given them ... since a lot of effort was made to make formations as historically correct as possible. I think there is a lot more value in gameplay if players have to work with what they have, instead of stacking their BG's with unrealistic numbers of certain units.
That is one of the main reasons for doing this mod, was to try and better simulate combat tactics.
But I guess the BG's could be left unlocked and let the players decide if they want to allow changes or not.

So ... should BG's be:
A) Locked
B) Unlocked?

#74: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:27 pm
    —
well its your mod............most players if there smart will use a mix with only a few tanks any ways.........unless your DD  Embarassed
sometimes tho if the push is on you need 6 or 7 tanks........
i have mixed feelings.......i could play either way i guess.......but as i said its your mod and what do you want to try and acomplish  Wink

#75: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:32 pm
    —
I would go for unlocked, but that's because I really hates locked BG's!! (Couldn't stand CC4 because of this, never finished a campaign or even an operation...)

As a 'field-commander' I prefer to choose the best units for the battle at hand. Avoiding unrealistic BG's is as much a matter of tactics and personal honour, a realistic force is a mix of units from the 'Task Force' (BG) you command fitted for the task at hand.

But no matter what choice you make I'm looking forward for this mod.

Cheers

#76: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:13 pm
    —
Thanks for the input ... I'll leave them unlocked and let players decide what they prefer beyond that.

#77: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:18 pm
    —
Thanks Pzt_Kanov for your time, effort, and editing skills ... much appreciated!

... and thanks to contributors of technical help, historical information, and comments.

David

#78: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:23 pm
    —
This mod is done ...
It was decided to have a least one 5cm Mortar for every German BG. Even if not historically correct, it was the only way to have Mortar smoke available ... since the 8cm was removed. BG's are unlocked, so if you want historical accuracy ... don't use 5cm for those specific BG's.

Here is the final list of changes:

TLD Ground Tactics (GT) mod ver1

Compatible with: TLD version 5.50.07 (Released: 4 NOV 2009)

-Medium Mortars removed
-5cm Mortar added to German BG's (limited quantities)
-MMG and HMG changed to 3 and 4 man Teams
-Recon Teams added. Most BG's have one in Active Roster
-Naval support changed to Heavy support. Voice cues don't say "Naval"
-Allied Heavy Support available for all maps
-German Heavy Support available for (non beach) maps below Bayeux (on the Strategic map) ... in limited quantities (June 8,9). This represents Heavy support brought to Normandy  
-Support quantity values changed (Naval,Mortar,Air)
-BG 901 Pz.Gr./Panzer Lehr replaced with 130 Pz./Panzer Lehr
-Tiger I added to 130 Pz./ Panzer Lehr
-130 Pz./Panzer Lehr arrives on June 9
-902/Panzer Lehr arrives on June 8
-2 inch Mortar smoke capabilities added, and new firing sound
-M7 Spigot made into a new weapon, and new firing sound
-Schiessbecher made into a new weapon
-2 pzfaust 30 for German pzjäger teams (of all branches)
-Spatrupp: replaced MP44 with MP40
-Light Mortar explosion animation size increased
-.50 cal now has visible impact graphic
-Added a crew to the Füsiliere(MG) team
-Grenade explosion animation size increased
-Created separate GIR and PIR Platoon and Company HQ
-Added another MG42 to FJ (MG) Team
-Minor adjustments to some Allied Airborne BG's
-Reduced number of Panzerschrecks in Active Roster of some BG's
-Some Allied BG's arriving on June 7,8 will have three tanks instead of two in Active Roster
-One less ATG for some German BG's
-DD's replace 57mm ATG in Active Roster for 16/1 and 26/1
-Molotov added to Ost
-Other minor corrections/adjustments
-OnGroundFX sound mod included

Important notes about other settings:

-Battle Groups have been set to: not return after being disbanded, due to a TLD "no cohesion" bug when disbanded BG's return, and also because the retreat option has a bug also. It may be best to uncheck "when force morale gets too low" ... in the Command screen options
-German Heavy support has been enabled only in the Grand Campaign (The Longest Day).If wanted in other battles, operations,Campaigns ... you will have to enable it in the scenario editor for each specific one.

#79: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:40 pm
    —
Nice work! btw just saw the intro screen, looks very cool.

#80: Re: Realism On Ground (ROG) mod Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:01 pm
    —
Sounds awesome, but where is the download link? Very Happy

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
Page 4 of 7