Black Screen when joining game
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt

#1: Black Screen when joining game Author: Albeert PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:37 pm
    —
When setting up a multiplayer game in Battle of the Scheldt.
The host makes it trough the multiplayer screen, however the joiner only gets a black screen with CC cursor...

any solutions for this problem?

It seems to happen both trough gameranger and hamachi.

thanks in advance,

Albeert

#2: Re: Black Screen when joining game Author: Ejergard PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:00 pm
    —
I get this problem with Gameranger and all cc5 mods when either I or my opponent forgets to completely disable the Hamachi network. You will see your opponent's name in the gameroom written in italic letters when something is wrong for either of you.
Also, I always get this problem with gamespy, haven't found a solution that makes it work at all for me...

It's weird if this happens in Hamachi, since then you should both start the game manually and then host/join from ingame Wink

#3: Re: Black Screen when joining game Author: Iron45 PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:56 am
    —
Have you tried a direct connection using TCP?  I found disabling hamachi was necessary for a direct connection.  Then there's being sure that all the correct  router ports are open and firewalls set up for both players.  I very much doubt that its anything to do with the mod.  The black screen usually means that something is preventing the connection.

#4: Re: Black Screen when joining game Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:57 pm
    —
That's right, you have to open/add ports in order to play Close Combat online these days. The ports that I have opened are 2300 - 2400 but you may have to open more. It works for me though when playing against Buck Compton. I am using the "Simple Port Forwarding" tool.

#5: Re: Black Screen when joining game Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:50 pm
    —
Quote:
That's right, you have to open/add ports in order to play Close Combat online these days

This has always been the case if you play from behind a router... it's not something new.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1