ccss after dark
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: ccss after dark Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:32 pm
    —
I'm surprised how easy this was to implement. Just a few hours and there is Real time shadows and unlimited lights.  I could add a light each tracer bullet fired, but i think it would end up looking wonky in the end.  much better than the TLD screenshots i've seen though. The effect messes with the treetops so that's why theyre hidden.

ccss_night.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.89 KB
 Viewed:  6628 Time(s)

ccss_night.jpg

#2: Re: ccss after dark Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:02 pm
    —
Pretty cool, you're almost there in your way to improving the tactical aspect of CC. I'm still amazed that you do this in your spare time and as I understand it you started it all from scratch? I see you are using slightly modified CC graphics like soldiers and maps but you have incorporated new ones like new explosion sprites, they look better like that.

Keep up and don't give up!

#3: Re: ccss after dark Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:22 pm
    —
Where is all this stuff you've created?

#4: Re: ccss after dark Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:19 pm
    —
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
Pretty cool, you're almost there in your way to improving the tactical aspect of CC. I'm still amazed that you do this in your spare time and as I understand it you started it all from scratch? I see you are using slightly modified CC graphics like soldiers and maps but you have incorporated new ones like new explosion sprites, they look better like that.

Thanks. The explosions,smoke etc are from a dynamic effects engine.  Its hard to tell from the videos, but all the effects are pushed around by the wind, and the wind direction is always changing over time.

Quote:
Where is all this stuff you've created?

Its all on my Blog. I posted about CCSS about 3 weeks ago. it didn't generate much interest. not the good kind anyway. Wink

#5: Re: ccss after dark Author: Ejergard PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:21 pm
    —
CCSS
Cool stuff

#6: Re: ccss after dark Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:14 am
    —
I thought I read something about Trees that dissapear when hovering the mouse over them.
Where's that at?

#7: Re: ccss after dark Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:35 am
    —
Spinlock

I don't think you gave CCSS enough time to get known

I for one just found it in this post.

Maybe Mooxe could get it a little more OUT THERE so others can see what a great job you are doing

To me it looks to have great potential.

Give it a little more time to get it known

I for one would like to download it.

Keep it up, Fantastic!

#8: Re: ccss after dark Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:25 am
    —
Submit any story youd like, will put it up on front page.

#9: Re: ccss after dark Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:07 pm
    —
Great work spinlock! Just one question though, is CCSS a mod for CC, or is it a game of its own which uses some of CC elements?  And what's the abbreviation CCSS stand for?

#10: Re: ccss after dark Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:01 pm
    —
Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
Great work spinlock! Just one question though, is CCSS a mod for CC, or is it a game of its own which uses some of CC elements?  And what's the abbreviation CCSS stand for?

Thanks.
It's short for 'Close Combat Screen Saver' and its a screensaver that runs on windows (linux too i've been told). I can make a Mac version too, but I don't have a mac to test it on.
It uses some art from the CC games and maps from the great mods out there, but the program itself is not related to CC at all. Its a custom built graphics/game engine.
There is more info at the link in my sig.

#11: Re: ccss after dark Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:39 am
    —
Looks great!
Did you delete the download link?

#12: Re: ccss after dark Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:16 pm
    —
Spinlock wrote (View Post):
its a screensaver

Its a custom built graphics/game engine.

So, it's a screensaver and a game engine?

#13: Re: ccss after dark Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:44 pm
    —
CSO_Talorgan wrote (View Post):
So, it's a screensaver and a game engine?

Well, its both actually. Its a screensaver because its the AI fighting the AI.
If I were to enable the GUI and give the user control of one side, then it would be a game.

#14: Re: ccss after dark Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:02 pm
    —
If I were to enable the GUI and give the user control of one side, then it would be a game.

Would you do that?

#15: Re: ccss after dark Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:48 pm
    —
[qupte]Would you do that?[/quote]
probably in the future.
My main focus atm is making the A.I. very dynamic and powerful. Effectivly I'm tackling all of CC's biggest deficiencies first.
An environment like CC, visibly and under the hood, creates some interesting challenges to machine intelligence.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1