CCSS gets all Pathy
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: CCSS gets all Pathy Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:23 pm
    —
The shameful history of the CC vehicle path finding should be thing of the past.
In just 2 days worth of work, CCSS gets a rock-solid vehicle pathing system that doesn't make you want to smash your keyboard.

Link to post and video

any feedback is appreciated

#2: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:14 pm
    —
Based on earlier posts this is/was just a screen saver and thus hasn't generated much feedback/interest.

But if you keep working on it and it becomes something playable I'm sure that would catch people's attention...

#3: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:33 pm
    —
Spinlock wrote (View Post):
The shameful history of the CC vehicle path finding should be thing of the past.
In just 2 days worth of work, CCSS gets a rock-solid vehicle pathing system that doesn't make you want to smash your keyboard.

Link to post and video

any feedback is appreciated

That's great ... can you make it work for TLD?

#4: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:46 pm
    —
I downloaded the standalone version some time ago but it nearly crashed my pc and given that it was advertised as a screensaver I didnot use since. But after reading your posts on your CCSS blog I realize that this has a lot of potential. I hope you can develop this further into an actual game. And then sell it to S3T Wink

#5: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:53 am
    —
AWESOME work!

#6: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Author: Stocktov PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:19 am
    —
Fantastic!  You just might save what little sanity I have left in this situation.  Thanks for the effort!!

#7: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:17 am
    —
Awesome work! I definitely would like to see this work converted into a game! Even so far, you have excellent features: Dynamic lighting during night (which i find awesome according to what i see from your screenshot , but may need slight refinement), the trees dissapearing when the cursor is above them, and finally a working vehicle pathing!!

All these are great improvements. I wonder if you can integrate the combat engine, the psychological engine (soldier stances i mean) of the close combat in this work of yours? Then that would be great!

#8: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Author: vonB PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:04 pm
    —
I hope you see this through.  I think the challange is immense.  I would not pay too much attention to the apparant lack of interest, nor should you be too surprised by it.  Until there is a working game to take for a spin, then it is unlikely to stir much interest to the CC player, but you have one big advantage, and that is you are working from the ground up.  To overhaul the CC Core would be a huge task.  However, the biggest challange you face I believe is in the game play, not the graphics or vehicle pathing, or cool lighting effects, etc., desirable though these are, and welcome!

The only way you will win over the CC player I believe, is by taking the AI up another level, and delivering an experience that is credible, and it is that credibility that will decide whether it will surpass CC as a sim.  If you can do that, AND provide all the bells and whistles that the Community has been banging on about for over a decade now, then you will have produced something very remarkable.  I hope you do.  I cannot see the CC Core being taken where it should go, but you will forgive my scepticism.  Please prove me wrong!  If you do, I will buy your game no question.

#9: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Author: VGrossman PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:45 pm
    —
Everything looks good and you are progressing steady with nice features m8 i am with ya cant w8 to see whats next.

#10: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:54 pm
    —
Started putting money away for this already..... waiting on first reviews   Smile

#11: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:53 pm
    —
Any updates?

#12: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Author: Andreus PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:40 am
    —
Yeah please, tell us it's going well!!

#13: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:24 pm
    —
Yes, Things a progressing nicely. I've been buried under work for a while so the rate of new features has slowed a bit.
I hope to have an update soon.

#14: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:18 am
    —
Another 4 months

How's it looking?

#15: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:38 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Another 4 months
How's it looking?

Hi, Things Have progressed slowly in the last few months, but definitely progressing. Day job stuff ramped up lately so I'm not not able to put in as many hours per week as before.
The vehicle pathfinder has been rewritten but works just as well as before, but less wobbly when driving.
I've written a Map making tool to make map creation nearly automatic. My goal is the same level of quality as the excellent map packs from the mod community. Its already pretty close.
I've made improvements to the tactical AI. Squads work together in a better way and better react to changes in the battle.
I've created a method for doing real time lighting and shadow (not just circles of lameness).
I'm in the process of re-making the event system. There won't be any real visual difference, but it will allow some of the future features like match recording and playback.
There are a few other exciting things in the works that I want to keep under my hat for right now.

So, in short, Things are progressing but a little slower for the last few months. The lack of updates is mostly related to the fact all the things on my short list are more like major surgery and there isn't much to show till they're done.

#16: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Author: Andreus PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:56 pm
    —
Almost too perfect... Where's the trick?

#17: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:22 am
    —
Thanks for the update! Can't wait to try an alpha/beta version....

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1