Normandy trip
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Normandy trip Author: petwin PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:32 am
    —
Hey guys! I know this isn't a travel forum but considering the shared interest of history I figured some of you could help.

Long time CC player and I am now going to Normandy with my dad in the beginning of june for about a week. Since my idea of taking a boat from the English side and jump ashore screaming wasn't appreciated I now need some new input! We were thinking of renting a car to see all the beaches, St. Lo, Caen etc.
I'm wondering if any of you have been to the area and have any advice on what to see, what places are interesting/boring and where we find the best french wine ;)

Also, any advice on nice places to stay, eat and so forth would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Petter

#2: Re: Normandy trip Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:47 pm
    —
Hey,

I visited Normandy D-Day festival in 2008. We stayed in Carentan and rented a car there and visited Utah and Omaha beaches and all those small villages there.
Best thing is to rent a car and use one village as a HQ and go from there everywhere. Distances are pretty short.

I am going this year again there to see GJS beaches aswell. Leaving tomorrow (friday).

If possible I try to update here something while on the road.

Hopefully others will share their experiences here aswell.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1