The Longest Day serial needed
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: The Longest Day serial needed Author: ghuznee PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:59 am
    —
Let the witch hunt begin.

I thought I would just be honest about this (oh the irony) I downloaded this game. But the way I feel, I bought Modern Tactics and hated it because i heard you could download a mod for ww2. never could work that out. and i bought cc5 back in the day. so they have my money.

does any have a link or a copy of serial number for the latest patch of TLD. I didn't have one to start with...

Greatly appreaciated.

#2: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:06 am
    —
Just purchase the game and you will receive a serial number.

tLD is not CC5 although classic CC5 is thrown in for free and benefits from the coding improvements.

and no one who has been involved in the release of tLD has any of your money you spent on CC5 10 years ago.

#3: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:07 am
    —
oh, did you download the version that enables trojans when you install it, or the clean one?

#4: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: ghuznee PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:48 am
    —
trojan?? what's this??? gasp! heh nice try. id rather donate some money to charity. like i said, i bought modern tactics. NEVER played it...

#5: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: vonB PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:14 pm
    —
Honesty is ironic?

'Irony': "the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning"  Ah!, now I understand what you mean...

Free software, free Registration Number, free support, free lunch... wouldn't we all appreciate such liberties...  I am sure your employer or prospective employer will appreciate you offering to work for free...

Perhaps I can demonstrate some irony, but then again, perhaps I had better not.

Buy the game.  Sorted!

#6: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: ghuznee PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:26 pm
    —
they're clever in ireland aren't they? shall i spell it out. heard of humour. who can be bothered arguing with self righteous judgemental computer war geeks.

buy some social skills and a life. sorted.  

admin. delete this post.

#7: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: vonB PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:26 pm
    —
Hi 'Buddy',

I thought that the community needed some comic relief, so I am posting the Private Message you sent to me:

----------------

"hey buddy,

get fucked you self righteous twat from ireland.

instead of playing the judging game, why don't you look at yourself in the mirror. i bet your an ugly guy. inside and out."

-----------------

I will demonstrate how to use irony:  "Have a nice day! Please come back here often".

#8: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: ghuznee PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:28 pm
    —
i get the feeling this just made your year

#9: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: vonB PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:38 pm
    —
And it didn't make yours?  How ironic...

#10: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: ghuznee PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:47 pm
    —
haha yep it did. glad to help you out

#11: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: -Jager-Location: stockholm PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:08 pm
    —
here you go http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_dynamic.Main?SP=1&PN=2&sid=50505

Last edited by -Jager- on Sun May 09, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:53 pm
    —
Hmmmm..

Another case of this site supporting the sharing of copyrighted software.

#13: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: vonB PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:06 pm
    —
Alas, there are those with no scruples, and likely double standards.  I wonder what they would think if they had their own work stolen?

#14: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:11 pm
    —
Unfortunately -jager- has asked for technical help... and then just throws it back in our faces.

Another blow to my faith in this community.

#15: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:36 pm
    —
The conclusion to this thread was very funny. There must be some irony in here somewhere.

#16: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: -Jager-Location: stockholm PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:01 pm
    —
Surprised No I dont give out anny key that work one a new site. Shocked

#17: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:27 pm
    —
Now why wouldn't you just close the thread and delete the post containing the serial?

This makes no sense to me. It just has stupidity written all over it. So why  not make it go away?

Stupid.

#18: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:33 pm
    —
Because the owners of this site have a history of support copyright violation... and so it continues.......

#19: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:37 pm
    —
Well that's a good way to make sure you have a developer willing to support the games you play....

Fucking amazing...ha!

#20: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:28 am
    —
The comments are owned by the poster.

Please provide proof that sharing a serial is a copyright violation. The license agreement does not mention it. Maybe the process you go thru to buy the game explains it somewhere?

Sorry, no knee jerk reactions from ol' Andy Simmonds this week.

#21: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:15 am
    —
knee jerk?

Figured it was common sense.

Strange.

Just doesn't make much sense to me is all.

Whatever I guess.

#22: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:19 am
    —
Should be removed, and if continued ... banned.
just my opinion

Be a man, and go buy it  Smile

#23: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:36 am
    —
Should be deleted/removed Mooxe. Show some class....

#24: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:36 pm
    —
Quote:
THE ENCLOSED SOFTWARE PROGRAM AND THIS MANUAL ARE COPYRIGHTED. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED. THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER MAY PRINT OR HAVE A PRINT/COPY SHOP MAKE A PRINTOUT AND/OR COPY OF THE MANUAL. MATRIX PUBLISHING, LLC GRANTS THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THIS SOFTWARE PACKAGE THE RIGHT TO USE ONE COPY OF THE SOFTWARE PROGRAM. YOU MAY NOT RENT OR LEASE IT, DISASSEMBLE, DECOMPILE, REVERSE ENGINEER, OR MODIFY THE SOFTWARE IN ANY WAY. ALL EDITORS MAY BE USED TO CREATE SCENARIOS THAT MAY BE FREELY DISTRIBUTED. ALL SCENARIO AUTHORS HOLD THE ULTIMATE RIGHTS TO THEIR DESIGNED SCENARIOS AND MATRIX PUBLISHING, LLC MAKES NO CLAIMS THEREOF. YOU MAY NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE COPIES IN ANY MEDIA FORM. ANY PERSONS DOING SO SHALL BE GUILTY OF COPYRIGHT VIOLATION AND SUBjECT TO THE APPROPRIATE CIVIL OR CRIMINAL ACTION AT THE DISCRETION OF THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER.

Now it sounds like you are just being silly with your whole "show me where it says no sharing serials" well the above statement makes it pretty clear what they are getting at and you (who runs a CC site and should know better) are allowing this thread with it implications to continue to exist. The fact I even have to explain this is mind-numbing. It also explains quite a bit....

Even your own rules say:

Quote:
13. Warez
No copyrighted or trademarked (warez) material will be tolerated.

But let me guess, because it is "only" a serial you doesn't think that qualifies under strict-scrutiny as warez right?

Support the game. Support the Devs. Don't let people steal their hard work for free. It's no wonder I'm running into a wall at Matrix they probably see this shit and say "Fuck'em"

Be an admin and run a community...sorry to say but now it looks more like you just run a crack house and don't care what goes in or out. What benefit does that provide?

#25: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:58 pm
    —
Dundradal wrote (View Post):
§§§§§

All those legal issues, important are they not.

The consumer buy law (KKL).

To not fix (or refund) the dysfunctional product when it’s pointed out, is illegal.
To sell a product with known problems, is illegal.

In the marketing law (MFL).

Its illegal to sell a product that doesn’t match its description.
Its illegal for a company or its representatives to communicate with prospect consumer without clearly showing there true flag, (example: as posting here, and not say one is a representative from the developer or distributor).

Yep, we must take a firm stand against the decadence, the immorality, the illegal activity’s in the CC community.

Where does one start, how about:
Who wants there money back, or, who wants a working game?

#26: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:25 pm
    —
I want a working game.
I also feel entitled to a free game for the many hours I've put in for Beta testing WAR.

#27: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: vonB PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:15 pm
    —
There is no justification for infringement of Copyright.  There is a possible case for having your money refunded if the game does not work on your PC, but you had better be able to prove that it is because the game is 'broken, that is it does not work on a PC according to the specifications stated, and I think you would have a hard time doing that, because they patently do work on PC's according to the stated specifications.  If I were responsible for selling the Game, I would certainly consider a refund if the buyer could demonstrate that it would not work on his/her PC, after providing technical support which proved unsuccessful, but that is just my opinion.

To allow the use of a Web Site to engage in Copywrite infringement has been tested in Law, and the owners of a Web Site are culpable, and can be sued.  A Disclaimer does not in this case release the owner(s) from this liability.

What never ceases to amaze me is the stupidity of those who engage in Copywrite infringement.  Jager for example could have merely sent the Serial Number in a Private Message, and nobody would have been the wiser.  That is not a statement in support of Copywrite infringement, but an illustration of their stupidity.

Most of the arguments put forward in support of Copysrite infringement are bollox.  What makes me feel contempt for most of them is the double standards (hypocrisy) that they have.  If you were to create your own game, Copywrite it, and offer it for sale, you would be jusified in being upset if it were to be pirated, as that would in effect be stealing from you.  I can't beleive anyone who does this would be happy to have their work stolen, and if they said they would, I would not believe them.  Would you?

I have some sympathy with the standpoint of a Web Site Owner declaring that they do not support illegal activities and disclaim repsonsibility.  The opinions and the actions of visitors and members may not indeed represent the views of the owner(s), but like I said, this has now been tested in Law, and Web Site Owner(s) cannot avoid liability.  Whether any action is taken against them will depend on the scope of the infringement (how big the Web Site, how intense the amount of infringement, and how active the 'injured' parties choose to be with regard to litigation, etc).  In my experience, Destineer are not shy of litigation.

As to what kind of of opinion you may have with regards to any Web Site that allows Copywrite infringement to take place, I leave up to you.  I know if I wanted to be trusted and respected, how I would choose....

#28: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:24 pm
    —
Seem, some missed the point:

-Jager- wrote (View Post):

#29: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: tedy28 PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:27 pm
    —
send the code on the priv ok:))
publishing forum Sad(no

who is looking 5.00.07 patch craked ???... pls only private message:)))

#30: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:58 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
I want a working game.
I also feel entitled to a free game for the many hours I've put in for Beta testing WAR.

You feel "entitled" to a free game for beta testing on your own free will?

I've helped 3 old ladies cross the road. I feel entitled to always getting the right of way while driving even with people in crosswalks for all the times I've helped old ladies across. It entitles me to whatever I want, even though I did it of my own free will.

Seriously? The best way to get a developer to help you is to be a positive supporter of the game. Simply bashing their hard work because there are still errors and then demanding an immediate fix because somehow you are entitled to it it a bit much.

Certainly they have an obligation to fix a product when it contains major errors, however I don't see you freaking out all over the Microsoft forums because Windows has sucked since 1995. Think of all the hours you've wasted when their OS has screwed up...have you received a free copy of every Windows update since you started using it?

It's funny to read the posts by some of you. "Blah blah blah I'm entitled to this and that...." How many other products have you purchased that have issues and have you gotten to the same level of stupidity?

Why not try to create a positive relationship with those working on the games? Have you ever gotten laid by telling a girl "well since I'm paying for dinner and the movie tonight YOU HAVE TO SLEEP WITH ME because I feel entitled for doing x, y and z."

I have to agree with vonB, only a moron would have posted the serial to the forums. A PM and no one would have known, but the fact that it was posted and then ignored by the admin is just dumb. Things like that is why you probably get shitty responses from them. If I was one of them and saw this shit I'd say screw them too.

Isn't there  a little bit of sanity here?

All the things I've read across the different CC forums are now making much more sense....

#31: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:13 pm
    —
I have to agree with vonB, only a moron would have posted the serial to the forums. A PM and no one would have known, but the fact that it was posted and then ignored by the admin is just dumb. Things like that is why you probably get shitty responses from them. If I was one of them and saw this shit I'd say screw them too.

Its the third time now, yet missed the point again:

-Jager- wrote (View Post):

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sun May 09, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

#32: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:36 pm
    —
A few comments and reflections, hope you dont mind

I've helped 3 old ladies cross the road. I feel entitled to always getting the right of way while driving even with people in crosswalks for all the times I've helped old ladies across. It entitles me to whatever I want, even though I did it of my own free will  

But, what if the ladies made money from the “street walking”? Wouldn’t you want some compensation then, I mean a part of the action? Seems fair to me.

Seriously? The best way to get a developer to help you is to be a positive supporter of the game. Simply bashing their hard work because there are still errors and then demanding an immediate fix because somehow you are entitled to it it a bit much.  

We tried that for years, look what it brought us: ------

Certainly they have an obligation to fix a product when it contains major errors,  

I do agree, that’s what all the fuss is about.

however I don't see you freaking out all over the Microsoft forums because Windows has sucked since 1995.

Ohh, ppl do all the time, I do to.. Have you missed that. But I cant see ole Bill bashing the complainers though. He’s acting professional, and support his products. Is that bad?

have you received a free copy of every Windows update since you started using it?  

Hm, I get free updates of there product at a regular basis, I believed everyone with a legal copy of there product receive that? That seem to be a good practice to me? 

It's funny to read the posts by some of you. "Blah blah blah I'm entitled to this and that...."

I know, those damned consumers, how dare they ask for working product and professional consumer support? What’s next?

How many other products have you purchased that have issues and have you gotten to the same level of stupidity?

Not that many, I had a series of bad luck with some aegg clocks though,

Have you ever gotten laid by telling a girl "well since I'm paying for dinner and the movie tonight  

Where is this leading to? I have never needed such service. But in some parts of the world that’s legal I believe?

Continued:
 YOU HAVE TO SLEEP WITH ME because I feel entitled for doing x, y and z."

Lets see, analog. Well, if your paying for it, (a prostitute) then you should demand she for filled here part of the deal. Sort of like, ppl paid for getting good working games, and service, patches? Is that to much to ask for?

Isn't there  a little bit of sanity here?

How can u expect that, with a community made up by all the immorality, all the illegal things?

All the things I've read across the different CC forums are now making much more sense....

Between all the frustration, all the let downs, I just wanted a working game, yet there is no patches, that dont make much sence to me

#33: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:34 pm
    —
COI
2/13/2007 Released
11/2/2009 Patch v3.50.01

WAR
10/28/2008 Released
03/04/2009 2nd Patch v4.50.07b

TLD
04/29/2009 Released V5.50
11/03/2009 3rd Patch v5.50.07

It looks like they are providing support for the games. COI was patched over 2.5 years after it was released!

Having said that WAR/TLD could probably use another patch each....

#34: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:41 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):

Having said that WAR/TLD could probably use another patch each....

The number of patches say nothing.
How many bad patches makes up for one good?

BTW; How about CCMT?

#35: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:59 pm
    —
CCMT
11/15/2007 Released
01/03/2008 Patch v2007.12.12.1

#36: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:06 pm
    —
Yes,

But is it any good?

Its now 2010, 2.5 years later and its still unplayable with that patch.

#37: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:45 pm
    —
Stalky... once again you show yourself to be an idiot.

Sorry, I can't say it more nicely.

You only ever visit the forums to carry on like a crying girl.

go away.

#38: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:55 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Stalky... once again you show yourself to be an idiot.

Sorry, I can't say it more nicely.

You only ever visit the forums to carry on like a crying girl.

go away.

I know you are unable to.
That’s sad consider your the Matrix Consumer relation man. And also the developer team leader.  

But some how, your respond, is in line with yer products.

The only question is, in what way does it make the products better?

I mean, your spent 3 years handling the feedback in this manner, trying to change the displeased consumers rather then fixing the products.

How has that worked for you?

#39: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:05 pm
    —
A little reminder to you Schrecky:
All it needs is the will to do it and that I'm afraid is an upper management decision....  the same people that haven't made the decision to fix the CoI MMCC3 servers or to patch CCMT/WaR/tLD adequately despite the large number of reported problems.

This all makes me rather sad actually.... at the , so far, lost opportunities for this series of games.

A glimmer of hope, a little glimmer of honesty... of self critisism, In the midst of all the insults.

The qoutes are from here:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=posting&mode=quote&p=50467

I do feel the same frustration Schrecky.

#40: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:10 pm
    —
CCMT is based on CCM which was good enough for the marines who paid for it. It's biggest problem isn't the data or the game engine but that it has no game part to it, a CC3/COI or CC4/5 or WAR/TLD campaign, for people to play single player.

All the excuses/reasons for assisting with and or pirating CC do not change the fact that it lowers sales and it could be enough that they decide to not make another CC release.

Some maybe do not care as they do not feel it is changing fast enough and that is their choice. For me at least the re-releases are fixing bugs and adding some features and without them we would still be playing a 10 year old buggy release of CC5....

Last edited by Tejszd on Mon May 10, 2010 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total

#41: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:38 pm
    —
AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
A few comments and reflections, hope you dont mind

Never do....

Quote:
But, what if the ladies made money from the “street walking”? Wouldn’t you want some compensation then, I mean a part of the action? Seems fair to me.

Well of course...Pimpin ain't easy....

Quote:
We tried that for years, look what it brought us: ------

Well I don't know this, I just know what I've seen. To be quite honest, you should be grateful to get any support at all. There are plenty of people out there who put out a piece of shit game with no intent of ever supporting it (see basically every movie game for Xbox and PS). The fact they are putting out patches years later is a good sign.

I think there needs to be more positive thoughts. Bitch and whine like girls and that's what you'll get treated right. If the developers aren't living up to expectations then you certainly need to make them aware of their failings. I know I don't plan to stop with the MMCC3 servers until they are fixed. I've got the staying power and motivation to do it.

Quote:
I do agree, that’s what all the fuss is about.

I understand that, as much as I don't want to say this at the same time we are demanding (maybe a few hundred fans at most?) them to put in hours of work...with what...maybe a few more sales? Unfortunately they are a business and have to think that way...even if I disagree with it.

Quote:

Ohh, ppl do all the time, I do to.. Have you missed that. But I cant see ole Bill bashing the complainers though. He’s acting professional, and support his products. Is that bad?

Did you really just tell me Bill is acting professional and supporting his products? There's a reason there are windows updates every day...because they rushed it out the door in order for you to spend the money.

Quote:

Hm, I get free updates of there product at a regular basis, I believed everyone with a legal copy of there product receive that? That seem to be a good practice to me? 

You get patches. I'm going to guess they didn't give you Win '98 when you had purchased Win '95...Or ME, or XP, or 7.

Quote:

I know, those damned consumers, how dare they ask for working product and professional consumer support? What’s next?

Did I say that?

If anything I'm demanding those same things.

Quote:
Not that many, I had a series of bad luck with some aegg clocks though,

Wow. That's just a horrible joke.

Quote:

Where is this leading to? I have never needed such service. But in some parts of the world that’s legal I believe?

Leading to make silly demands while acting entitled for doing something.

Quote:

Lets see, analog. Well, if your paying for it, (a prostitute) then you should demand she for filled here part of the deal. Sort of like, ppl paid for getting good working games, and service, patches? Is that to much to ask for?

No, it's not. But being a douchebag about it certainly won't win many allies or friends.

Quote:

How can u expect that, with a community made up by all the immorality, all the illegal things?

Is this supposed to be rhetorical or an actual observation?

Quote:

Between all the frustration, all the let downs, I just wanted a working game, yet there is no patches, that dont make much sence to me

And I sympathsize with you. I really do. I want the same, but I'm not going to resort to being a child to get it done. I'll continue to file help desk issues and if need be I might even call the Matrix HQ to speak to them about the issues I've had with CoI.

Am I going to resort to being an internet idiot? No. I'm trying to do this in the most reasonable and logical way I can see. I encourage you all to help in trying to get things fixed.

Stop this petty bullshit and actually aim to do something good overall for your community.

Can you guys even have a thread without someone shitting on another after 2 posts? You are all here because you like CC, I don't give a shit if outside you are a baby-killing, mass-murdering rabies carrying jackass who likes kittens. I'm here to take your VPs :p

#42: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:54 pm
    —
A little reminder to you Schrecky:
A glimmer of hope, a little glimmer of honesty... of self critisism, In the midst of all the insults.

The qoutes are from here:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=posting&mode=quote&p=50467

I do feel the same frustration Schrecky.

And I share it as well. But instead of picking up our ball and storming off home why not try to do something?

Anything...I don't have an answer, but I'd certainly like to help.

#43: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:00 pm
    —
Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Said to my self; "don't bother to get involved", but I can't keep my mouth shut...  Sad

"I've bought a Volvo and a Skoda, but they were no good, so I'm entitled to get a free BMW!"

"I'm not prepared to pay for the product, but I have the right to get the update that fixes some of the flaws in it..."

Personally I think it stinks that they release a game so full with flaws, without the slightest research (hell, I'm a bloody construction-worker, and I can find most of the data of units and weapons on the net!) And I hate the profits everyone wants to make out of computer-games, CD's and DVD's, driving the prices sky-high. Evil or Very Mad

But still, if I want a product, I must be prepared to pay for it! That's one of the corner-stone of our society, everything else is stealing... We can discuss finer legal matters until we hate each other (...even more...), but the game-key or serial is a part of the original game and a way to stop illegal copies of a copyrighted product. It's not cheap to create or even upgrade a game, not easy either. How can we expect new, working and evolved games when they don't get paid for their work? We creates free mods for the game, out of interest and as a passion, but the guys that have it as a work expect to get their money at the end of every month, just like the majority of us players.

The other side of the coin is the discussion about patches and working games. As customers we have the right to get working products, customers support and eventually patches that fixes problems with the original product. But honestly? -Who have bought an OS or a game that don't requires patching? (The Windows-series is the crown-jewel among these in my eyes, SP's, security patches and upgrades in layers. It may take hours after an installation to upgrade the OS to a secure, working level...  Rolling Eyes ) I'm sure Matrix is working on another patch, fixing the recent probs with tLD, haven't done any programming myself, but even in a user-friendly UI as Excel or Access it's easy to create a new problem when you fix an old. They are supporting their games, maybe slow and sometimes stumbling, but the patches are coming. (We must realise that CC isn't a great money-cow for Matrix, it's not really WoW or CS numbers in the balancing of the books on the CC account. I couldn't even buy tLD it in a store here in Gävle, Sweden's eight biggest city!)

I don't take any side, except my own, might even make some enemies here, but I can only agree with Dundradal: -Peps here spent post after post, arguing about the game, ventilating their thoughts and eventually bashing out at each other, it always ends up in shit-tossing and personal attacks; -Sad...

#44: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:14 am
    —
Quote:
a little glimmer of honesty

i am always honest  :)

it's just the truth that changes...................

#45: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:59 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
The conclusion to this thread was very funny. There must be some irony in here somewhere.

Ditto  Exclamation

The claims for intellectual property rights concerning CC5  Shocked

#46: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:25 am
    —
CCMT
11/15/2007 Released

This comment is total dishonesty and the author knows it.

The "patch" was filled with new content mostly, as this material missed the original release date. The existing missions needed to be re-built with the exe, and most bugs and data errors were not addressed. This "patch" turned CCMT into a cluster fuck.  Exclamation

#47: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:23 am
    —
Most bugs were dealt with but data inconsistencies were not.

The additional content was a bonus.

#48: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:56 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
CCMT
11/15/2007 Released

The "patch" was filled with new content mostly, as this material missed the original release date. The existing missions needed to be re-built with the exe, and most bugs and data errors were not addressed. This "patch" turned CCMT into a cluster fuck.  Exclamation

There is nothing to say that a "patch" actually has to work. I use "Battlecruiser 3000AD" as an example. For those of you who know about Computer Gaming History, hopefully you are all laughing about now.

Now does it suck if that happens? Of course and it happens quite a bit. It's not just in CC.

Is that total dishonesty? No. He was stating the date a patch was released. He was not commenting on whether it fixed issue or not.

I'd certainly like to do something to get Matrix (or whoever is in charge of product support) to act on these issues. I can't imagine the developers want to release a buggy product that has issues. It's just a matter of making them act.

I've noticed Matrix has no physical address and no listed phone number on their website. Does anyone have this information?  

I'm trying to get them to act on the MMCC3 servers. I encourage everyone else to help by filing Help Desk reports about the servers. Start with a small victory and then maybe move onto the big stuff.

#49: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:24 pm
    —

I'd certainly like to do something to get Matrix (or whoever is in charge of product support) to act on these issues. I can't imagine the developers want to release a buggy product that has issues. It's just a matter of making them act.

Umm...Matrix 'only' publish the games...S3T=the developers...and the bulk of S3T's staff are working on these CC re-releases as non full-time volunteers...CMIIW Wink

#50: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:11 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
CCMT
11/15/2007 Released

There is nothing to say that a "patch" actually has to work. I use "Battlecruiser 3000AD" as an example. For those of you who know about Computer Gaming History, hopefully you are all laughing about now.

Now does it suck if that happens? Of course and it happens quite a bit. It's not just in CC.

Is that total dishonesty? No. He was stating the date a patch was released. He was not commenting on whether it fixed issue or not.

I've noticed Matrix has no physical address and no listed phone number on their website. Does anyone have this information?  

I'm trying to get them to act on the MMCC3 servers. I encourage everyone else to help by filing Help Desk reports about the servers. Start with a small victory and then maybe move onto the big stuff.

No, actually, HE WAS TRYING TO SAY THAT CC GAMES WERE SUPPORTED. And he used a series of posts, including the one quoted to make that point.

My contention is, IT WAS NOT REALLY A PATCH. It was mainly original game content that WAS NOT COMPLETED in time for the scheduled release date. Oh, and they fixed a few bugs in the exe. Woooo!

#51: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:20 pm
    —
squadleader_id wrote (View Post):

Umm...Matrix 'only' publish the games...S3T=the developers...and the bulk of S3T's staff are working on these CC re-releases as non full-time volunteers...CMIIW Wink

Perhaps, but who would really know for sure. Until I see "the contract" my bets are someone is getting paid, one way or another, probably off the bottom line.

#52: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:56 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):

No, actually, HE WAS TRYING TO SAY THAT CC GAMES WERE SUPPORTED. And he used a series of posts, including the one quoted to make that point.

My contention is, IT WAS NOT REALLY A PATCH. It was mainly original game content that WAS NOT COMPLETED in time for the scheduled release date. Oh, and they fixed a few bugs in the exe. Woooo!

My contention is that no matter what you personal understanding of  patch is, what was mentioned was indeed a patch. It simply did not do everything that was required.

And you admit that it does add content that did me the ship date and fix a few bugs. That seems to me to be a patch.

Who cares if they get paid? They should if they are working. If they want to volunteer to help something they love, by all means!

But who gives a shit. We all seem to be in agreement on trying to get a patch done for the re-releases. Instead of being douchebags about it why not try to be positive in interactions with them and maybe create a friendship that would aid in patch process. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I've hit the nail on the head...but I do know that the crap I read a lot here (that seems to be posted for the sole purpose of creating feuds) has to stop.

Stop the knee jerk asshole replies and if you don't have some constructive and positive to say or want or willing to help....go piss on someone else's grave. You're getting the bottom of my pants wet.

#53: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:35 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):

My contention is that no matter what you personal understanding of  patch is, what was mentioned was indeed a patch. It simply did not do everything that was required.

And you admit that it does add content that did me the ship date and fix a few bugs. That seems to me to be a patch.

Who cares if they get paid? They should if they are working. If they want to volunteer to help something they love, by all means!

But who gives a shit. We all seem to be in agreement on trying to get a patch done for the re-releases. Instead of being douchebags about it why not try to be positive in interactions with them and maybe create a friendship that would aid in patch process. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I've hit the nail on the head...but I do know that the crap I read a lot here (that seems to be posted for the sole purpose of creating feuds) has to stop.

Stop the knee jerk asshole replies and if you don't have some constructive and positive to say or want or willing to help....go piss on someone else's grave. You're getting the bottom of my pants wet.

Well, then stop calling people douchebags and assholes for openers.

And I did ask nicely over a year ago. Of course you werent around then.

And its not a knee jerk, either. I have been thinking about this for a very long time.

And as I mentioned before, I don't see it as a patch. It was a rush job to get stuff in that was late for the initial release. And it did not SUPPORT the product, much. It messed it up instead!

BTW, I could care less who gets paid. I just mentioned, its my belief someone IS getting paid.

Why don't YOU work with em for the next few years to get the patches out. Yea, that's the ticket.

#54: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:38 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):

Well, then stop calling people douchebags and assholes for openers.

And I did ask nicely over a year ago. Of course you werent around then.

And its not a knee jerk, either. I have been thinking about this for a very long time.

I didn't call anyone a douchebag, I said we should stop acting like one.

Well I applaud your effort. I plan on continuing it.

Quote:
And as I mentioned before, I don't see it as a patch. It was a rush job to get stuff in that was late for the initial release. And it did not SUPPORT the product, much. It messed it up instead!

BTW, I could care less who gets paid. I just mentioned, its my belief someone IS getting paid.

Why don't YOU work with em for the next few years to get the patches out. Yea, that's the ticket.

I hear you, but sometimes patches do mess up more stuff then they fix.

And instead of trying to insult each other (which does nothing but cause animosity between two people who have no reason for it...we are on the same side here) why not come up with a plan for tackling the issue?

I'm not trying to insult you for your efforts. I'm trying to learn more. As you said "of course you weren't here" and no I wasn't. So I'm playing catch up. I might stumble here and there, but my goal is the same as yours.

#55: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:03 am
    —
This thread is funny.  You are all funny.  And I am going to join in, because I too wish to sound funny.

So, I had written a lengthy post, and let me tell you, it was awesome and just a bit witty.  However, due to the fact that forums seem to log me out quicker than I can rant, I lost it.  Poop.  I've lost my groove now, so no chance of re-writing it.

The basic thrust was this:

Selling games or software that fails to work properly is shit.  However, much software has glitches, no matter how much money is pumped into it.  

Just what are the issues with TLD and MT?  I've not had any problems.  Do these games crash to desktop?  Do they lock up?  Does the interface fail to work properly?  If the game doesn't have these problems, can you really call it broken?  I mean, really?  Honestly?

Matrix - or, you know, whoever - are not big budget.  I've looked through their catalogue, and it's piss poor fare.  Sorry Matrix.  So, this aint a big budget operation with teams of programmers at the ready to roll out patch after patch to fix each reported issue and appease their huge and affluent fanbase.  This game is old and small time.  We are a fringe community.  Both of these facts suck, but they are still facts none the less.  Matrix have picked up a tired old franchise and kept it alive to feed this community and, yes, make a bit of cash out of it.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if CCS is the only thing that actually sells from their site.  Again, sorry Matrix, but those other games are shit, really.  Give me Hearts of Iron 2 any day; shits over the entire catalogue.  Hint: Aesthetic counts for a lot.  Really.  What was I saying?  Oh yeah; Matrix might be making cash out of it, but Close Combat is not a cash cow, by any stretch of the imagination.  Despite my hopes that the series continues on forever.  Huzzah!

The point is, I paid for CC:MT.  I paid for CC:TLD.  I paid for CC:V.  I haven't bought CC:IV, actually, as it happens; not sure why, now that I think about it.  I paid for the box set of CC:I through III, even though I never play CC:I.  I love this series, ever since I first bought a crappy second hand computer from a mate of mine and started playing A Bridge Too Far.  This series has taken hours of my life.  I prefer the gameplay of this series over even my copy of Company of Heroes, despite it's graphical glory and attempts to try and emulate CC in some small way.  Nothing compares to the CC experience, except the next iteration of Close Combat, should that ever happen (and so long as they realise and keep the winning formula that makes Close Combat Close Combat).

Are the Matrix remakes kind of like paying the price of a whole new car just to get your car polished?  A little, but I really couldn't care less.  I paid for it because I love this series and I crave more content.  Stupid, possibly, but true none the less.  If Matrix, or anyone for that matter, tried to keep the series going, it's possible I'd buy anything they decided to release.  Glitches or no.  Because, for some not entirely explainable reason, I just love Close Combat.  And, I am happy to pump cash into this little dream we've all got going: to keep Close Combat alive.  Which is why I hope the moderators leave it in when I say to "I don't want to pay for serials" guy:

Fuck you.  Fuck off out of this forum.  You don't want to pay for CC:TLD?  Then don't.  You don't need to pay; you don't need to play.  You couldn't be arsed playing CCMT?  Well, shit, why'd you buy it then?  "Man, I've got a nice new Corolla, but I never drive it.  Those Camrys look nice.  Anybody want to give me a Camry?"  Dickhead.  I'm not even sure why you are here.

Ok, that's me.  Peace and Love to all.

#56: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:38 am
    —
LOL

#57: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:56 am
    —
Get the Classic CC4 mod for tLD here: http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LongestDay/tLDmods.html

#58: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Therion PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:10 am
    —
7A_Woulf wrote (View Post):
We can discuss finer legal matters until we hate each other (...even more...), but the game-key or serial is a part of the original game and a way to stop illegal copies of a copyrighted product.

The keys aren't removed because as the op stated, they don't work, not because CCS has aspirations to become second pirate bay.

The other side of the coin is the discussion about patches and working games. As customers we have the right to get working products, customers support and eventually patches that fixes problems with the original product. But honestly? -Who have bought an OS or a game that don't requires patching? (The Windows-series is the crown-jewel among these in my eyes, SP's, security patches and upgrades in layers. It may take hours after an installation to upgrade the OS to a secure, working level...  Rolling Eyes )

If it's a norm, then computer programs should have a clear warning that it's not finished in it's feature list and should have an information about how it's going to be supported. Anything less is a fraud.

Personally, I won't buy any game from Matrix Games. I won't tolerate conmen, who repay honest paying customers with selling games with fictional features that are in feature description and they didn't bother to implement ("Accurate and realistic modern equipment modeling" and
"Accurately depicting modern tactical warfare and it’s challenge") and don't give a clear warning that they sell faulty games (non-functional AI in CCMT for example).
It's hilarious that the same people that whine about how torrenting a copy of their work is stealing but at the same time don't have any problems with conning money from their honest paying customers.

CCMT is based on CCM which was good enough for the marines who paid for it.

Doom was good enough for marines too. It doesn't mean that it has features like "Accurate and realistic modern equipment modeling" and "Accurately depicting modern tactical warfare and it’s challenge".

CCMT is based on CCM which was good enough for the marines who paid for it. It's biggest problem isn't the data or the game engine but that it has no game part to it, a CC3/COI or CC4/5 or WAR/TLD campaign, for people to play single player.

I played CCMT both single and multi and the game part definitely exists. Its great fun in multi (as long as one of the players can make good scenarios) and very disappointing in SP due to the faulty AI.

§§§§§

All those legal issues, important are they not.

The consumer buy law (KKL).

To not fix (or refund) the dysfunctional product when it’s pointed out, is illegal.
To sell a product with known problems, is illegal.

In the marketing law (MFL).

Its illegal to sell a product that doesn’t match its description.
Its illegal for a company or its representatives to communicate with prospect consumer without clearly showing there true flag, (example: as posting here, and not say one is a representative from the developer or distributor).

Yep, we must take a firm stand against the decadence, the immorality, the illegal activity’s in the CC community.

Where does one start, how about:
Who wants there money back, or, who wants a working game?

A true Patriot.
I prefer a working game, as I got my copy for my time spent on testing it.

#59: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:04 pm
    —
***white flag***

Therion wrote (View Post):
We can discuss finer legal matters until we hate each other (...even more...), but the game-key or serial is a part of the original game and a way to stop illegal copies of a copyrighted product.

The keys aren't removed because as the op stated, they don't work, not because CCS has aspirations to become second pirate bay.

Never said anything about CCS, just a remark about the laws, ethics and moral around the pirate copying debate.  Wink (Oh, yes. I'm a self-righteous asshole, but I have paid for every game, record or film I've ever got by my own. Think I have one game and three CD's that friends have copied for me as gifts...  Razz )

The other side of the coin is the discussion about patches and working games. As customers we have the right to get working products, customers support and eventually patches that fixes problems with the original product. But honestly? -Who have bought an OS or a game that don't requires patching? (The Windows-series is the crown-jewel among these in my eyes, SP's, security patches and upgrades in layers. It may take hours after an installation to upgrade the OS to a secure, working level...  Rolling Eyes )

If it's a norm, then computer programs should have a clear warning that it's not finished in it's feature list and should have an information about how it's going to be supported. Anything less is a fraud.

Personally, I won't buy any game from Matrix Games. I won't tolerate conmen, who repay honest paying customers with selling games with fictional features that are in feature description and they didn't bother to implement ("Accurate and realistic modern equipment modeling" and
"Accurately depicting modern tactical warfare and it’s challenge") and don't give a clear warning that they sell faulty games (non-functional AI in CCMT for example).
It's hilarious that the same people that whine about how torrenting a copy of their work is stealing but at the same time don't have any problems with conning money from their honest paying customers.

Well, I get a feeling that it's a norm; -and if it's a norm, why demand warning texts?  Wink
You seems to be talking about CCMT, I can't comment on that game, never tried it, never will, but out of what I've been reading here on CCS, the support seems to suck and I'm sorry for you who are interested in that game.

But my latest experience of a new release (tLD) is that they are trying to support it. I can admit that the original game was a sad story, not properly tested and released to soon, and personally I waited half a year before I bought it so the worst flaws would have been patched. We all wants a working product, and that's our right as paying customers, but remember that there's no, or little, money in the CC series of games, so they can't put down thousands of man-hours in the new releases and if I got it right: the original code seems to be missing too, making programming a lot harder. Let's just hope that they can release a final, working patch for tLD (...and the other games too!) and maybe they crack the coding problem one day, so we can get a decent AI experience as well.

#60: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:08 pm
    —
Hoogley wrote (View Post):
Ok, that's me.  Peace and Love to all.

Great to see another positive outlook!

And my story is much like your's Hoogley. I bought the games because I wanted to see the community go on. Are there problems with them? Yes. However, instead of fighting back and forth with them, I'd like to do something, anything to extend an olive branch and offer support.

I've noticed there are beta patches to the games. Does anyone compile issues (I've seen the threads here...but in something like Bugzilla or the like) to report back to the developers? I mean otherwise what the fuck is the point of the beta? How do you know what works and what doesn't?

I'd hate to think that if we helped them they wouldn't want to help us in return. We are all on the same side here.

What has be done? What worked? What didn't? Does anyone have a means to talk to any of the devs/or Matrix about issues? Show our support for them and maybe they'll return the favor.

#61: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:14 pm
    —

But my latest experience of a new release (tLD) is that they are trying to support it. I can admit that the original game was a sad story, not properly tested and released to soon, and personally I waited half a year before I bought it so the worst flaws would have been patched. We all wants a working product, and that's our right as paying customers, but remember that there's no, or little, money in the CC series of games, so they can't put down thousands of man-hours in the new releases and if I got it right: the original code seems to be missing too, making programming a lot harder. Let's just hope that they can release a final, working patch for tLD (...and the other games too!) and maybe they crack the coding problem one day, so we can get a decent AI experience as well.

I'd love to think because Matrix and its studios are so small they'd love fan aid with their products. We have a great group of modders and players (issues aside  Laughing ) that clearly want to see CC continue. I have no idea how to contact anyone involved.

Is this a potential idea or is it DOA? Would people be willing to work for a common goal? I'd certainly volunteer time to playtest betas and other things. Having a small part in the final product would certainly make me feel good.

So am I just a newbie idealist or somewhere in there is there a workable plan?

#62: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: vonB PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:04 pm
    —
Quote:
So am I just a newbie idealist

Maybe, but none the worse for that!  Wink  I have been at CC for over a decade and am still an idealist.  I think the game encourages you to want that, so join the club!

We are not going to get the source code.  Destineer owns it, and they will never allow it into the 'community'.  I would eat my hat if they ever did (I have a special chocolate hat just for that sort of thing...  Wink ).

The only way I can see any next generation CC is by virtue of the fact that it would be a derivative of something powerfully commercial.  Say World of Warcraft, or the Sims and such (BIG $$$).  For that you would get the investment needed, but you would have to keep such an intention very secret otherwise you would be dropped like a hot potato.

Matrix Games I am sure rely on a lot of cheap and free effort from enthusiasts in order to make progress with some of their releases.  Testers mostly do it for nothing (well, a freebie game).  There will be a 'core' of paid/salaried staff but not enough to provide serious in depth productions on the scale we are talking about.  That's just the nature of this commercial beast.  It's about profit, that's all.  Risk is avoided at all costs, and the owners and shareholders will want as much as they can get out of it.  The 'community' can scratch around as much as they please, but will not change the dynamics of the commercial imperatives, which drive the production of these things.  If it was different, you would have seen CC6 by now IMO, at least in prototype.

Anyway, that is just my take, but I think the results demonstrate for themselves?...

#63: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:43 pm
    —
Quote:
I've noticed there are beta patches to the games.

The only current Public  Beta is the CoI beta patch.

All others are retail patches.

#64: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:46 pm
    —
Dundradal

See the various Bugs and mistakes threads on this site.

Anything you find would be best posted there.

#65: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:52 pm
    —
Also a bit of history.

The CC series had quite a large base of volunteer testers from this community....

Unfortunately during the production of CCMT someone "released" the test build of the game to the torrent download sites.

Sapa among others downloaded it and posted his thoughts.... luckily it was infested with trojans and all downloaders have been suffering since.

Due to this all the testers were let go by Matrix and "trust" is something that has to be earned.

To say the least, this has severely impacted the ability to test patches/upgrades.

#66: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:16 pm
    —
I've offered to test the next patch for WAR to you and never got a response.

#67: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:18 pm
    —
No good making any offers to me... as I told you.

Also the files a sent you and your reports back would be considered testing... well in my universe anyway.

:)

#68: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Therion PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:15 pm
    —
Never said anything about CCS, just a remark about the laws, ethics and moral around the pirate copying debate.  Wink (Oh, yes.

Well, my main problem with the whole "morality" thing when it comes to gaming is how one sided it is. Note that it's always about how evil pirates are "stealing" from "poor" developers. Gaming magazines tend to present developers/publishers in role of victims.
But I have never seen magazines demanding respect for law and customer rights from developers.

Also, magazines in countries where work is much cheaper never write that criticize copies of games for being way too expensive. They write about respect for work of developers, but not about respect for of work of customers.

Well, I get a feeling that it's a norm; -and if it's a norm, why demand warning texts?  Wink

It's a "norm" only when it comes to computer programs. Generally when buying goods, one expects to buy a finished product.

Then some games are less finished than others. Some of developers rush the development/testing process and routinely end up selling bugged games.
If they rush the testing, they should inform the customers that they are buying a beta version of the game.

Also some games have problems that developers know of but can't fix like the AI and pathing problems.

Also a bit of history.

The CC series had quite a large base of volunteer testers from this community....

Unfortunately during the production of CCMT someone "released" the test build of the game to the torrent download sites.

It was during the production of WaR, not CCMT.

To say the least, this has severely impacted the ability to test patches/upgrades.

Did Matrix Games inform the customers about it before the purchase?

#69: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:29 pm
    —
I have no idea.... but the speed with which patches can be released has been impacted

Last edited by schrecken on Tue May 11, 2010 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

#70: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: vonB PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:18 pm
    —
Quote:
"trust" is something that has to be earned.

I'll second that.  What you do defines you.

Quote:
Note that it's always about how evil pirates are "stealing" from "poor" developers.

Stealing is stealing whether it is from 'poor' or 'rich' developers.  If someone stole something from you that you owned, I am sure you would think that is just fine...

To try and justify Copywrite infringement on the basis that you believe a game is not a 'finished product' is still invalid.  Finished or not, Copywrite is Copywrite.  I happen to agree that too much software is sold with too many bugs, but that is a different issue.  The issue of 'pathing' in CC is moot, but I could not accept that it constitutes a 'broken' game.  When I found out that there were issues with pathing, I adjusted my game play accordingly.  Should I have to?  Maybe not, but it is hardly a clear cut issue.  Real life throws plenty of screw balls anyway...  Also your comment about AI is even more difficult to be clear cut about.  When is AI broken?  When it doesn't do what you want it or expect it to do?  I could say the same about human beings...

Quote:

I hadn't realised this.  CCMT or War makes no difference.  Because of the stupidity of some jerk(s) who did not honour his NDA, a lot of others suffer.  Stupid, selfish, puerile, and arrogant.  See "Trust"...  but then, there are some around here that do need to 'grow up'.

#71: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:02 am
    —
Comments on the released beta build

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5169

#72: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:07 am
    —
Note that it's always about how evil pirates are "stealing" from "poor" developers. Gaming magazines tend to present developers/publishers in role of victims.
But I have never seen magazines demanding respect for law and customer rights from developers.

This is a very complex issue being summed up in the above sentence.  My thoughts on it are just as abstuse as the topic itself.  Firstly, I have to admit that I have aquired software through illegitimate means (legal disclaimer - in the past.  I have seen the error of my ways, and I am now a reformed man.  Hallelujah!).  Though, in my feeble defence, it has only ever been software that was insanely expensive, and I've recently been spending a good portion of my life making enough cash to be able to jump on board the legal ownership train.  Developers (pro software and games alike) make it so hard sometimes, though, because they keep releasing new versions, old versions stop working on new OS updates, etc.  

I've never really copied games, for a few good reasons: a) they usually retail somewhere around the AU$100 mark, which is not that much, b) I never pay retail anyway, because I am patient as the mountain, and I usually wait for most things to hit the discount bin (Far Cry 2 for AU$25, anyone?  Booyah!), and c) copy protection is insane these days.  That last point is not a bad thing, unless you bought a game from Ubisoft recently, in which case you would be better served just throwing your money into the wind.

Put simply, we want to give money to developers, because investment gives return (well, in theory).  We buy games, developers get paid, that encourages them to make more bigger better games, repeat.  The comment above by Therion does have truth, though only in the context of big developers, really.  You should never rip off a small developer to get your hands on a game they've made that you think is awesome, because that is evil.  Yes, you are a bad person if you do that.

On the other hand... software pirates are not Robin freaking Hood.  Let's be clear and honest with ourselves now.  You are not stealing from the rich in order to feed the poor.  You are thieving a game, which is a recreational product, in order to waste time.  That is not a noble thing.  You are not the socialist ninja fighting big corporate interests.  (Actually, there is a really funny Penny-Arcade comic about this argument which I am too lazy to link to, but go back a couple of weeks and you'll find it).

So, in the end, there aren't really any good guys, or bad guys, and if you claim to be the former up against the latter, then you're probably just masking guilt.  Pay for your games and I bet that guilt will go away, and you'll feel much better about the world.   And then you can join us over here on this side of the fence, where we all have every right to complain about lack of developer support, blah de blah, and, you know, on it goes... Very Happy

#73: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:31 am
    —

Sapa among others downloaded it and posted his thoughts.... luckily it was infested with trojans and all downloaders have been suffering since.

Due to this all the testers were let go by Matrix and "trust" is something that has to be earned.

Well that sucks. Some douchebag who seemingly had no morales fucked us...awesome.

And of course, with Matrix basically having no  "direct" means of communication besides the Help Desk (I couldn't find a phone number or physical address on their site. They go to great lengths it conceal their location...or did I just miss it?) makes the whole process difficult. Yes, they have a forum, but that doesn't seem like the best method.

I hope I haven't soured their opinion on me with my terse help desk requests. I just didn't know what else to do. In my experience "the squeaky wheel gets the grease!"

Thanks for all the info guys. I realize I'm new and am probably kicking over ant hills that have long been kicked over, but I love these games and I'm glad I rediscovered them.

#74: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:35 am
    —
vonB wrote (View Post):
Stealing is stealing whether it is from 'poor' or 'rich' developers.  If someone stole something from you that you owned, I am sure you would think that is just fine...

Thats RIGHT  Exclamation

So, lets talk about Matrix and CCMT. Lets see Arrow

They had trouble during development when the head guy got sick and was hopitalized...

They had trouble during testing, with leeked builds, and canned all the testers...

They released and SOLD a product that was not complete and/or tested...

So basically, Matrix STOLE MONEY FROM CUSTOMERS and gave some of that money TO THE DEVELOPERS...

Hmm.... Idea

#75: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:59 am
    —
So what can we conclude from all this...

Stolen stuff is PIRATE stuff... so Matrix has a ton of PIRATE MONEY that they soaked off unsuspecting customers.  Arrow

Piarate Money is mainly traded amongst the Pirates themselves...Matrix gave PIRATE MONEY to the developers, who are Pirates too...  Arrow

The Pirate Developers spend their Pirate Money on real stuff, like big Screen TV's or monitors.  Arrow

Do any of the developers have a big screen TV or monitor   Question

Who (what CCS member), owns the device below  Question

#76: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:28 am
    —
We all got one of those to test on.

Therion got a Polonez Caro 'cause his video card couldn't drive that screen.

#77: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:40 am
    —
We all got one of those to test on. Therion got a Polonez Caro 'cause his video card couldn't drive that screen.

So what can we conclude from this   Question  Real stuff purchased by Pirates using Pirate Money becomes Pirate Stuff...  Arrow

Pirates generally trade Pirate Stuff amongst themselves. Matrix gave Pirate Monitors to the developers and testers.

People who knowingly accept Pirate Stuff are Pirates too...

So Schrecken is a confessed Pirate.   Exclamation

#78: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:11 am
    —
vonB wrote (View Post):
Alas, there are those with no scruples, and likely double standards.  I wonder what they would think if they had their own work stolen?

Here we just change your quote with one word to make it more applicable...

Alas, there are those with no scruples, and likely double standards.  I wonder what they would think if they had their own MONEY stolen?

Geez, YOUR RIGHT AGAIN  Exclamation

PIRATE MATRIX, exchanging PIRATE MONEY and PIRATE STUFF, to Pirate Developers and Testers.

The Pirates feed off unsuspecting customers. It happens every day, every where. The problem is so rampant, several EU countries are enacting laws to protect consumers from THIS OUTRAGEOS PIRACY.

#79: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:16 am
    —
I have two 42 inch digital tv/monitors in the house.  One I can hook up to my system or any of my laptos and play on but I find that the image is too large and becomes cumbersome after a period of time so generally tend to stick to the smaller 25 inch screen. It retains a sharper image as well and doesn't strain my eyes as much either.

I use two 25 inch digital tv/monitors side by side for work which works fine for me.

I believe that the bigger screens detract from the game to a degree, makes the whole point of the 'Small soldiers mod' a moot one huh?

#80: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:23 am
    —
Did you get two screens from matrix?

I've got another req, chit here... maybe I should send it off?

#81: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:40 am
    —
So, out of interest, what's actually broken with CCMT and CCtLD, respectively?  Call it interest, since I've only recently bought the two, and have not yet experienced issues with either.  Everybody seems to be quite annoyed about something, so I gather there has to be some major issues with these product that I am yet to experience.

#82: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: southern_land PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:49 am
    —
I play it on three d screens when in my Matrix supplied mansion but when I'm in my matrix supplied apartments around the world I rely on six matrix supplied laptops hooked up in series between snorting lines of coke and bomking supermodels.  there yuh go Stwa, that should give you a aneurysm.

#83: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:02 am
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):
I play it on three d screens when in my Matrix supplied mansion but when I'm in my matrix supplied apartments around the world I rely on six matrix supplied laptops hooked up in series between snorting lines of coke and bomking supermodels.  there yuh go Stwa, that should give you a aneurysm.

So what can we conclude from this  Question

Real Pirates are flamboyent, swashbuckling, in your face types, that enjoy living outside the law  Exclamation

southern_land is a confessed Pirate  Exclamation

#84: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:21 am
    —
Stwa... all this pirate talk is starting to sound a bit fetish-esque.  Are you being ironical?  Is this a windup or something?  If not, I think we all just need to calm down and have a Snickers.

#85: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:30 am
    —
Yar, me 'ardies!  Cast yer squinty sun-damaged eyes to port!  Thar be gamers to plunder! Yar, and again, yar!  Batten the hatches! Hoist the mizzen mast!  Cast the anchor!  Poop the deck!  wind the... windy thing!  Add one more "yar" for luck!  Man the cannons!  Cannon the men!  Sharpen yer teeth and prepare to board, for today, we be fillin' our holds with shiny things! Yar!

In fact, me thinks me be takin' that shrecken's monitor fer me own, t' be sure.  Yar!

#86: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:08 am
    —
Various quotes from the noob Hoogley  Arrow

This thread is funny.  You are all funny.  And I am going to join in, because I too wish to sound funny...

...I say to "I don't want to pay for serials" guy: Fuck you.  Fuck off out of this forum.  You don't want to pay for CC:TLD?  Then don't.  You don't need to pay; you don't need to play.  You couldn't be arsed playing CCMT?...Dickhead.  I'm not even sure why you are here.

Yar, me 'ardies!  Cast yer squinty sun-damaged eyes to port!  Thar be gamers to plunder! Yar, and again, yar!  Batten the hatches! Hoist the mizzen mast!  Cast the anchor!  Poop the deck!  wind the... windy thing!  Add one more "yar" for luck!  Man the cannons!  Cannon the men!  Sharpen yer teeth and prepare to board, for today, we be fillin' our holds with shiny things! Yar! In fact, me thinks me be takin' that shrecken's monitor fer me own, t' be sure.  Yar!

So what can we conclude from this  Question

Noob Trolls cloak their identities by describing aggression as comedy  Idea

Trolls, like Pirates, are cut-throats that have no sense of right or wrong    Exclamation

Hoogley is a Noob Troll and a confessed Pirate  Exclamation

#87: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:36 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
 Trolls cloak their identities

indeed

But they don’t cloak well.....  

When I thoght I seen it all,

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Wed May 12, 2010 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

#88: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: vonB PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:24 am
    —
Yes, Stwa has elevated the 'discussion' into the sublime.  I don't know quite what meds he is on but I am not sure if it is working very well.  Still, he is entitled to his opinions, if opinions they are and not just rants, but hey!, we can all let off on occasion can we not?

The only mega monitor I have ever seen running CC was in the Pentagon, and they belonged to the USMC or PMTRASYS as far as I know, anyway it was the Military or related.

I don't know if any of the Matrix Team have got these things, and if they do, so what?  David Heath would no more give these out as chew his own feet off.  His Shareholders would crucify him for throwing away the profit.  You think there is big money in developing CC?  You need a reality update...

The trouble with these people is they try to use a 'moral' argument to justify an illegal activity.  Even if CC were 'broken' (of which I am far from convinced), that is not a justification in Law.  Copywrite of a 'broken' product is still Copywrite.  There may be issues of Trading Standards (i.e. not doing what it says on the box), but that is something different.

There are masses of 'free' games available.  I remember one called 'Firefight'.  A one man band development that wasn't half bad, and gave a good tactical game.  Many of the old titles are available at a budget price.  Heck, people spend twice as much in an evening drinking themselves stupid and pissing their money away.  I couldn't possibly count the number of hours pleasure that CC has given me, bugs and all!

But Stwa, you really need to review your arguments, if that is what you are trying to do (argue your case that is).  They just come across as disconnected rants.  Consequently you will be considered a simpleton and not taken seriously.  Most of the people here seem to be pretty decent on the whole and will debate sensibly with you.  But then maybe your intention is just to wind up or piss people off?  In which case anything we say is unlikely to get anywhere.

#89: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:33 am
    —
Various Quotes from AT_Stalky  Arrow

All those legal issues, important are they not. The consumer buy law (KKL). To not fix (or refund) the dysfunctional product when it’s pointed out, is illegal. To sell a product with known problems, is illegal. In the marketing law (MFL). Its illegal to sell a product that doesn’t match its description. Its illegal for a company or its representatives to communicate with prospect consumer without clearly showing there true flag, (example: as posting here, and not say one is a representative from the developer or distributor). Yep, we must take a firm stand against the decadence, the immorality, the illegal activity’s in the CC community.

Yes, But is it any good?  Its now 2010, 2.5 years later and its still unplayable with that patch.

So, what can we conclude from this  Question

A farting dog barks first  Idea

#90: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:41 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
A farting dog barks first  Idea

Heck!!!  Noted.

#91: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:03 am
    —
A Quote from vonB  Arrow

But Stwa, you really need to review your arguments, if that is what you are trying to do (argue your case that is).  They just come across as disconnected rants.  Consequently you will be considered a simpleton and not taken seriously.  Most of the people here seem to be pretty decent on the whole and will debate sensibly with you.  But then maybe your intention is just to wind up or piss people off?  In which case anything we say is unlikely to get anywhere.

I am only making one point. It should be obvious to all, except the simple minded.

No one has debated anything I have posted so far.

I am not taken seriously anyway, so big deal.

You think sensible debate occurs here a CCS. I could supply a ton of links that would prove you wrong.

Me wind up  Question  I have spent the majority of the last year in the CCMT forum. From there I watch others wind up whenever they feel like it.

#92: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:26 am
    —
Ok, I'm confused... do you think I'm Schrecken?  Firstly, I'm not a noob, and I'm not a troll.  

On the count of the first, my original handle was Cpl_Punishment, which was initiated about... I don't know, I'd have to log in to check, but it's at least two years ago, possibly five...  but I've used the Hoogley nick' in so many other places (CSO included) that I wanted continuity.  I tried to change my nickname for my original CCS account, but it wouldn't let me, so I just started a new one.  I couldn't care less about the cred loss... well, I didn't really have anyway.  :]  I've been playing Close Combat since before the turn of the century, so mate... noob I ain't.

On the count of the second... actually, I'm not entirely sure what a "troll" is.  Is this the thing about me being one of the Matrix guys pretending to be someone else in order to add to their argument?  Because I'm not that either.  Don't believe me?  Go check out this CSO Forum thread.   I am a community member, not a ghost in the machine.

I am agressive and funny.  That's who I am.  And, thank you for noticing.   Wink

Again, can I ask what the problems are with the games?  I honestly don't know what the brouhaha is about.  The only thing I've noticed that has changed and, yes, shits me somewhat, is that it seems now that even elite troops, when moving normally in the open, will discount their orders the moment somebody shoots at them.  I figured the dev's did this on purpose to make the game more realistic and challenging.  I may however be wrong; don't know.  I also realise the reason I am annoyed about this is because it means I need to rethink how I play, so that may not turn out to be Matrix' issue but mine; time will tell whether I change my mind on this point.  I also haven't really played CCMT much yet, so I know that it's entirely possible that it actually does have serious issues; I just don't know what they are.

I'm not on the side of the Matrix guys per se, I just think that arguing for pirating software is retarded.  You are arguing for theft, and that means you are ok if people rob you blind!!!!, because if you are ok to rob somebody else, what's the problem if they return the favour?  If you're going to thieve, fine, but don't ask for acceptance for it, because last time I checked it was internationally frowned upon.  There is a good reason for that.  This is why I got the shits with the initiator of this thread, because he was a douchebag for being a thief and getting pissed off with people for calling him a thief; WTF????????????

The other side?  If you don't like Matrix' products, don't buy them or play them.  Don't give them money and they'll stop making the games.  Easy.  That is how a trade society works; if you don't like something you don't endorse it, and if enough people don't like it then it stops being made.  This is not what I want, however, so I'm fine to pay money for the remakes; issues or no.

I really do think that everbody arguing about this is stupid; me included.  But it is fun, which is why I just wasted ten minutes of my life responding to your angry, conspiratorial, and very piratey argument.  

So keep going; you make me laugh.  Very Happy

#93: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:28 am
    —
A quote from vonB  Arrow

I don't know if any of the Matrix Team have got these things, and if they do, so what?  David Heath would no more give these out as chew his own feet off.  His Shareholders would crucify him for throwing away the profit.  You think there is big money in developing CC?  You need a reality update...

Matrix is a family owned business, right, so do you know who the shareholders are  Question

I NEVER said there was big money in CC. But only Matrix knows for sure.

The only thing worse that a theif is a petty thief.

#94: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Cpl_PunishmentLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:29 am
    —
And, Hi, this is me - Hoogley - just wanting to provide supporting evidence that I am not a lier.  I still haven't looked at when I joined, so we will all learn together after I post this.

Cheers!

#95: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Cpl_PunishmentLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:30 am
    —
Ooh! 2004 ... noob?  Well, only 14 posts... so ... whatever.

#96: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:34 am
    —
Ok, I'm confused... do you think I'm Schrecken?  Firstly, I'm not a noob, and I'm not a troll.  

On the count of the first, my original handle was Cpl_Punishment, which was initiated about... I don't know, I'd have to log in to check, but it's at least two years ago, possibly five...  but I've used the Hoogley nick' in so many other places (CSO included) that I wanted continuity.  I tried to change my nickname for my original CCS account, but it wouldn't let me, so I just started a new one.  I couldn't care less about the cred loss... well, I didn't really have anyway.  :]  I've been playing Close Combat since before the turn of the century, so mate... noob I ain't.

On the count of the second... actually, I'm not entirely sure what a "troll" is.  Is this the thing about me being one of the Matrix guys pretending to be someone else in order to add to their argument?  Because I'm not that either.  Don't believe me?  Go check out this CSO Forum thread.   I am a community member, not a ghost in the machine.

I am agressive and funny.  That's who I am.  And, thank you for noticing.   Wink

Again, can I ask what the problems are with the games?  I honestly don't know what the brouhaha is about.  The only thing I've noticed that has changed and, yes, shits me somewhat, is that it seems now that even elite troops, when moving normally in the open, will discount their orders the moment somebody shoots at them.  I figured the dev's did this on purpose to make the game more realistic and challenging.  I may however be wrong; don't know.  I also realise the reason I am annoyed about this is because it means I need to rethink how I play, so that may not turn out to be Matrix' issue but mine; time will tell whether I change my mind on this point.  I also haven't really played CCMT much yet, so I know that it's entirely possible that it actually does have serious issues; I just don't know what they are.

I'm not on the side of the Matrix guys per se, I just think that arguing for pirating software is retarded.  You are arguing for theft, and that means you are ok if people rob you blind!!!!, because if you are ok to rob somebody else, what's the problem if they return the favour?  If you're going to thieve, fine, but don't ask for acceptance for it, because last time I checked it was internationally frowned upon.  There is a good reason for that.  This is why I got the shits with the initiator of this thread, because he was a douchebag for being a thief and getting pissed off with people for calling him a thief; WTF????????????

The other side?  If you don't like Matrix' products, don't buy them or play them.  Don't give them money and they'll stop making the games.  Easy.  That is how a trade society works; if you don't like something you don't endorse it, and if enough people don't like it then it stops being made.  This is not what I want, however, so I'm fine to pay money for the remakes; issues or no.

I really do think that everbody arguing about this is stupid; me included.  But it is fun, which is why I just wasted ten minutes of my life responding to your angry, conspiratorial, and very piratey argument.  

So keep going; you make me laugh.  Very Happy

Regarding CCMT there are a few links I can give you from way back. I will have to find them. But If you are still trying to play CCMT you should stop by that forum once in a while. The pirate speak was pretty good, I must admit.

#97: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Cpl_PunishmentLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:34 am
    —
And you only joined '06, so I'm more ol' school than you are!  Who's a noob?????

Sorry, I'll stop being a dick now.  I just, you know, get on a roll...

#98: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Cpl_PunishmentLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:40 am
    —
Stwa: I will have to check out the CCMT forums.  I am hoping I do not despair when I read.  Cheers.  

And again, sorry for riling you up.  I am only tooling about.

#99: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:46 am
    —
Cpl_Punishment wrote (View Post):
Stwa: I will have to check out the CCMT forums.  I am hoping I do not despair when I read.  Cheers.  

And again, sorry for riling you up.  I am only tooling about.

Well try downloading something from the mods or submods area for CCMT.

Replace the original missions with some new ones that you make yourself.  Idea

You might like CCMT a little better. Its worth a try

#100: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dima PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:53 am
    —
What a funny thread Smile.

appears vonB is Beeb Laughing
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS//modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=50613#50613
Quote:
I also wonder if faster computers help the AI to make more / better decisions? Even in Original CC4 the tank would eventuallly face the most dangerous attacker, it seemed the computer was scanning the battlefield for threats. Faster computers might make that decision quicker, therefore less spinning. What do you think Beebs - sorry, VonB, didnt mean to blow your cover

couple of days ago my bet was that Dundradal was Drill but who knows, maybe he is flamethrower or someone worse Razz.

it's always funny to read some "noobs" that have made some 90 posts in 2 monthes after joining with such "deep" insight...but he always reminds, that he doesn't know, he is just reading  Wink . yeah, and don't forget to post links to CSO Smile

#101: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:11 am
    —
Dima wrote (View Post):
. yeah, and don't forget to post links to CSO Smile

Is that a problem?  Did I do a bad?

#102: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:11 am
    —
You're all getting paranoid.

good night
Shaun Wallace
http://www.closecombat.org/forums/

#103: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dima PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:24 am
    —
Quote:
Is that a problem?  Did I do a bad?

do you have some 90 posts in 2 months since joining?

Quote:
You're all getting paranoid.

if you are a paranoid it doesn't mean noone watches you Smile.

Quote:
good night
Shaun Wallace
http://www.closecombat.org/forums/

aaa!!! thought you were Andrew Williams - everyone is fake here  Laughing

#104: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:27 am
    —
Dima wrote (View Post):
What a funny thread Smile.

appears vonB is Beeb Laughing
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS//modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=50613#50613
Quote:
I also wonder if faster computers help the AI to make more / better decisions? Even in Original CC4 the tank would eventuallly face the most dangerous attacker, it seemed the computer was scanning the battlefield for threats. Faster computers might make that decision quicker, therefore less spinning. What do you think Beebs - sorry, VonB, didnt mean to blow your cover

couple of days ago my bet was that Dundradal was Drill but who knows, maybe he is flamethrower or someone worse Razz.

it's always funny to read some "noobs" that have made some 90 posts in 2 monthes after joining with such "deep" insight...but he always reminds, that he doesn't know, he is just reading  Wink . yeah, and don't forget to post links to CSO Smile

NO, I'm Flamethrower  Exclamation

#105: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:50 am
    —
A quote from Beeb, or was it Dweeb, I cant remember  Arrow

Matrix Games I am sure rely on a lot of cheap and free effort from enthusiasts in order to make progress with some of their releases.  Testers mostly do it for nothing (well, a freebie game).  There will be a 'core' of paid/salaried staff but not enough to provide serious in depth productions on the scale we are talking about.  That's just the nature of this commercial beast.  It's about profit, that's all.  Risk is avoided at all costs, and the owners and shareholders will want as much as they can get out of it.  The 'community' can scratch around as much as they please, but will not change the dynamics of the commercial imperatives, which drive the production of these things.

YOUR SO SMART, YOU ARE RIGHT AGAIN   Exclamation

Its ALL about profit. You supply the MONEY and Matrix supplies a non-functioning game. Even a Beeb could figure that out.

OK forget PIRATES and lets talk SCROOGE. Think of all those purchases during CHRISTMAS. All that joy turned to sadness after they hit "Play Game".

Again, please tell us who the Matrix shareholders are, I would really be interested to know.

#106: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:02 pm
    —
Dima wrote (View Post):

No, I'm myself and no one in disguise. Hell I even filled in my profile when I joined. But thanks for the wondering. I think I've been pretty clear around here that I played CC3 when it came out. I recently rediscovered the discs and have been playing catch up. I make no fact in hiding I'm a long time Wing Commander community contributor (WC CIC Profile) . So I'm a little confused why you'd think I'd be whoever the hell the people you listed are.

Oh and go fuck yourself for apparently comparing me to people that apparently are douches? Thanks.

And now that we are past that. I'm not any of those people you mentioned. Long time player, but new to the site. Thanks for the warm welcome.

What's funny is that in a community so small you'd think you'd relish having new people show up to become active. I wonder how many have said "fuck it" after little things like this. I can imagine a lot. Luckily, I'm used to how stupid the internet is and can look past it in order to find the good.

#107: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:10 pm
    —
A quote from Drill, God I am confused  Arrow

What's funny is that in a community so small you'd think you'd relish having new people show up to become active. I wonder how many have said "fuck it" after little things like this. I can imagine a lot. Luckily, I'm used to how stupid the internet is and can look past it in order to find the good.

You need to have bigger tits to be accepted around here.  Idea

#108: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:12 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):

Bigger tits? Ahh yes the age old problem. If you want tits there are millions of porn websites out there. If you came here looking for tits, you have more problems than I thought.  Laughing

#109: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:16 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):

Bigger tits? Ahh yes the age old problem. If you want tits there are millions of porn websites out there. If you came here looking for tits, you have more problems than I thought.  Laughing

Actually, it's a classic one line IQ test.

Sorry, your account will be disabled shortly.  Idea

#110: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:24 pm
    —
"What's that coming out of her nose?"

"Spaceballs?"

"Oh shit. There goes the planet."

But really, it's really great to have your fresh and inspiring insight in this thread. From pirate talk to scrooge talk, you've been a bastion of sanity and critical thinking that I believe is lacking from the internet.

Bravo good sir. Bravo.

In all honesty, I'm just trying to learn about what's happened to CC in the decade I didn't pay attention. That's all.

#111: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:32 pm
    —
"What's that coming out of her nose?"

"Spaceballs?"

"Oh shit. There goes the planet."

But really, it's really great to have your fresh and inspiring insight in this thread. From pirate talk to scrooge talk, you've been a bastion of sanity and critical thinking that I believe is lacking from the internet.

Bravo good sir. Bravo.

In all honesty, I'm just trying to learn about what's happened to CC in the decade I didn't pay attention. That's all.

OK, thats much better  Arrow  

The order to disable your account has been recinded  Exclamation

#112: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:39 pm
    —
Glad to know I dodge the mortar round on that one.  Very Happy

#113: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:30 pm
    —
What's happened in the last 10 years....let's see....

Stalingrad was finished for CC5... by a team that picked up where the original creator left off.

A couple of Stalingrad sub-mods were made incorporating great challenges for the German player.

The creator of the sub-mods self destructed.

The marines contracted CCM based on CC3 code.... a small section of the public got hold of it as it was released in a magazine.

The RAF liked it so much that they had their own version (CCRAF) created.

Cross of Iron was released with data updates (mostly RealRed/RealFaust), additional maps, additional campaign as well as exe updates to make it compatible with modern machines... also modswap MMCC3 included in the installer.... it beat Vista out by a couple of months.

Over a dozen CC3 mods ported to CoI

After repeated public calls for a retail release of CCM, CCMT was released based on US Army v Soviet armed OpFor.  (marines wouldn't allow public release of marines data)

Marines reconsider and allow marines data - CCMT update released fixing reported bugs and with the addition of marines and RAF based data as a bonus.

Development work on CC4 re-release begun.

Early beta test build released to the public (Torrents) - all testers were stood down.

CCMT made available as a Torrent

CC5 in CCMT mod released for CCMT

A slew of mini mods released for CCMT

CC2Redux mod released for CCMT

WaR released with the greatest number of programming changes in any version of CC.  Strat map expanded to 64 maps giving unprecedented strategic options.
Most hard coded variables from earlier releases now moved out to user (modder) accessible text files.
Most reported and unreported bugs fixed with ongoing support not seen since 1999.
Classic CC4 included free.

CC2 Panama invasion released

CC5 Scheldte released

ABTF and BoB mods released for WaR

A handfull of data mods and scenarios released for WaR

tLD released with the addition of night turns and random paratroop drop zones, more bugs addressed at release and subsequent patch.  (Classic CC5 included free)

On-going support and testing within the development team

A handfull of data mods released for tLD

Classic CC5 mod released for tLD
Classic CC4 mod released for tLD

The timeline above may be alittle out and I may have missed a few mods yhat you missed (GJS for CC5?)

#114: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Therion PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:46 pm
    —
vonB wrote (View Post):
Quote:
"trust" is something that has to be earned.

I'll second that.  What you do defines you.

Quote:
Note that it's always about how evil pirates are "stealing" from "poor" developers.

To try and justify Copywrite infringement on the basis that you believe a game is not a 'finished product' is still invalid.

Strawman argument. I didn't try to justify the "Copywrite" infringement.
I have accused gaming magazines of not defending the interests and rights of the customers in any degree despite that they are very interested in defending the rights of the publishers.
When one side on the market is always presented as a good victim and other side is completely unrepresented despite that there's a lot of talk about "morality", then there can't be a healthy market.

It's like the gaming magazines are a propaganda tube of the publishers, not journalists interested in writing about ethics.

vonB wrote (View Post):
There are masses of 'free' games available.  I remember one called 'Firefight'.  A one man band development that wasn't half bad, and gave a good tactical game.  Many of the old titles are available at a budget price.  Heck, people spend twice as much in an evening drinking themselves stupid and pissing their money away.  I couldn't possibly count the number of hours pleasure that CC has given me, bugs and all!

Firefight isn't free. It's a pretty good game, though. Sean has released V5.0 last week.

Armored Brigade is free and much better than CCMT. It doesn't have such a flexible scenario editor yet, though.

So, in the end, there aren't really any good guys, or bad guys, and if you claim to be the former up against the latter, then you're probably just masking guilt.  Pay for your games and I bet that guilt will go away, and you'll feel much better about the world.   And then you can join us over here on this side of the fence, where we all have every right to complain about lack of developer support, blah de blah, and, you know, on it goes... Very Happy

No. I'm just an angry guy who spent a lot of money on supporting various developers and discovered that the relationship doesn't work in two sides. Here's the ugly truth - you're going extra mile to support them and to be honourable and they're doing extra effort to cheat you.

You buy their game instead of torrenting it despite that it would save your money (which is moral, honourable and legal).
They are "forgetting" to write about important problems with their games because it would look bad in product description and they are inventing non-existent features to get more money (both of which is immoral, dishonourable and illegal).

I have to admit that I feel a bit guilty about wasting tons of my parent's and my countrymen's work on the tens of newly released games that I have bought when I was a teenager, though.

I don't need to not remove games from inventory as I have tons of original games and used to buy a lot of them in 90s and early 00s, often soon after the release. Practically every game I play is legal, except an occasional abandonware that went OOP before I could buy it in store.

Why so butthurt? Nothing was removed from the inventory. No one robbed anyone - nothing of consequence has happened. No reason to become so agitated.

Anyway, I didn't see any people here being pro not removing from inventory posting here besides the OP. I'm pretty sure that STWA has an original version of CCMT as he was posting on Matrix Games forums. I don't understand why he's getting accused of being "piratey".
The thread simply got flooded with cheated customers because someone has hijacked it and turned into a thread about morality and legality. I'm pretty sure that cheating customers is immoral and illegal, so it's on topic.

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Who (what CCS member), owns the device below  Question

ANZAC Tack, a former beta tester. I remember him bragging about his hardware a lot.

So, out of interest, what's actually broken with CCMT and CCtLD, respectively?  Call it interest, since I've only recently bought the two, and have not yet experienced issues with either.  Everybody seems to be quite annoyed about something, so I gather there has to be some major issues with these product that I am yet to experience.

It was explained earlier in this thread.

#115: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:30 am
    —

No. I'm just an angry guy who spent a lot of money on supporting various developers and discovered that the relationship doesn't work in two sides. Here's the ugly truth - you're going extra mile to support them and to be honourable and they're doing extra effort to cheat you.

You buy their game instead of torrenting it despite that it would save your money (which is moral, honourable and legal).
They are "forgetting" to write about important problems with their games because it would look bad in product description and they are inventing non-existent features to get more money (both of which is immoral, dishonourable and illegal).

What kind of financial support are we talking about?  Are we talking outside purchasing the games?  Not having a stab; just interested.

Honestly?  I don't care if their members do frequent these forums; developers' concerns are:

a) Make money.
b) Keep you happy (if they think you may impede them achieving point a), or if they think it may help to achieve more of  point a).

No offence to any of the dev' guys, seriously, but that is just the way of this merchant world.  That's how they stay in the game.  If you thought more of them than that, then you - like me - are a communist hippy with idealistic principles (unfortunately, I've also become a realist over 36 years of observation.  Still wish the world was better. *sigh*).  Hmmmm, maybe we should both switch to Linux.  Smile  Heck, some of them probably do care, but that doesn't mean they have the power to do anything to improve the situation.  Matrix is small fry; our franchise is small fry.  To quote the immortal Metallica - "Sad, but true."

So, yeah, you are absolutely correct; it's not right. Things shouldn't work that way.  Companies shouldn't try to flog off sub-par products to unsuspecting purchasers.  And, like I've said, tell Matrix (or the devs, or whoever) to go to hell, and that you will no longer be supporting their products because you think they are crap.  Try taking them to court.  Go crazy.  Whatever you choose.  As I have said, I still haven't experienced the issues we are talking about, so I'm not emotionally invested in this argument, and I've not said that I am.  Again, as previously mentioned, I've only just started playing MT & tLD, and I've experience one issue that is not yet a deal breaker.  Give me some time to play both games and I may soon be on the - croweded - bandwagon.

Why so butthurt? Nothing was removed from the inventory. No one robbed anyone - nothing of consequence has happened. No reason to become so agitated.

butthurt?  Damn, that's good.   Very Happy  I am humbled, sir (or madam).  Why so butthurt?  Like I said, I just hate hypocracy; if you are a thief, you will be treated like a thief.  Did you read the pvt that dude sent in retaliation?  I mean, really, he's a douchbag.  Period.  What is there to argue? Seriously.

I don't understand why he's getting accused of being "piratey".

Did you read Stwa's posts?  Everything was about Pirates.  Pirates this; pirates that... It wasn't an acusation, it was a humourous commentary designed to illicit chuckles.  I mean, come on, Stwa's pirate analogy was spiralling out of control.  I had to do something to bring him back, otherwise he could have sucked us all into the pirate dimension!  :)

It was explained earlier in this thread.

All quotes:
"I bought Modern Tactics and hated it because i heard you could download a mod for ww2."
"...did you download the version that enables trojans when you install it..."
"I want a working game. "
"Its now 2010, 2.5 years later and its still unplayable with that patch."
"CCMT... It's biggest problem isn't the data or the game engine but that it has no game part to it, a CC3/COI or CC4/5 or WAR/TLD campaign, for people to play single player."
"...  the recent probs with tLD"
"The "patch" was filled with new content mostly, as this material missed the original release date. The existing missions needed to be re-built with the exe, and most bugs and data errors were not addressed. This "patch" turned CCMT into a cluster fuck."
"Most bugs were dealt with but data inconsistencies were not. "
"I can admit that the original game was a sad story, not properly tested and released to soon, and personally I waited half a year before I bought it so the worst flaws would have been patched."
"... during the production of CCMT someone "released" the test build of the game to the torrent download sites... luckily it was infested with trojans and all downloaders have been suffering since. "
"When I found out that there were issues with pathing, I adjusted my game play accordingly.  Should I have to?  Maybe not, but it is hardly a clear cut issue.  Real life throws plenty of screw balls anyway...  Also your comment about AI is even more difficult to be clear cut about.  When is AI broken?  When it doesn't do what you want it or expect it to do?"
"They released and SOLD a product that was not complete and/or tested..."
"Spaceballs?" - just testing
"Personally, I won't buy any game from Matrix Games.  I won't tolerate conmen, who repay honest paying customers with selling games with fictional features that are in feature description and they didn't bother to implement ("Accurate and realistic modern equipment modeling" and
"Accurately depicting modern tactical warfare and it’s challenge") and don't give a clear warning that they sell faulty games (non-functional AI in CCMT for example)."
- Oh, that last one was you, Theiron.

Except for pathing issues, AI issues, and false claims, there is nothing here that tells me what specific problems exist within the games.  Or, are they the problems?  Faulty pathing?  AI that doesn't do what you want or expect?    Bold claims about "realistic-ness" that falls short of the mark? Umm... how has that changed since CCII?  I always thought it was just part of the CC experience.   Very Happy

#116: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: southern_land PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:32 am
    —
Ok if the matrix releases are such shit why is there someone searching for an illicit serial number?

you know what really fucks me off, two newbies ( well one returnee) have been dragged into this whining bitching back biting mess and i guess as the membership is still increasing slowly new people will wander through threads like this and won't want to become involved be it buying new releases, modding the current close combat line or God forbid playing on line amongst us looneys

Success, big bright shiny success at driving this game forwards.  Pat yourselves on the back

P.S.  this is a longest day thread Stwa, you're whining about CCMT.

#117: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: ghuznee PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:14 am
    —
heh. check out this skidmark i started. awesome. like a bunch of quarrelling little school girls. keep your game.

#118: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:21 am
    —
we will  Smile

#119: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:13 am
    —
A quote from southern_land  Arrow

P.S.  this is a longest day thread Stwa, you're whining about CCMT.

No, actually, I am whining about media Pirates ... of all forms. (see confessions above)  Shocked

I believe this site should not harbour or aid media Pirates in any way, but that's up to the guy in charge.

#120: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:21 am
    —
getting tiresome now

#121: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:29 am
    —
A quote from Hoogley  Arrow

Did you read Stwa's posts?  Everything was about Pirates.  Pirates this; pirates that... It wasn't an acusation, it was a humourous commentary designed to illicit chuckles.  I mean, come on, Stwa's pirate analogy was spiralling out of control.  I had to do something to bring him back, otherwise he could have sucked us all into the pirate dimension!

Well, not exactly ... I think the Pirate analogy is dead on Exclamation   Razz

#122: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:29 am
    —
Yeah normally, an admin should have killed this thread 4 pages ago and we all would of moved on. This is what causes issues. Sometimes it is better just to move onto the next subject.

#123: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Therion PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:35 pm
    —
What kind of financial support are we talking about?  Are we talking outside purchasing the games?  Not having a stab; just interested.

Just buying. For some reason some like to call buying games that way.

Honestly?  I don't care if their members do frequent these forums; developers' concerns are:

a) Make money.
b) Keep you happy (if they think you may impede them achieving point a), or if they think it may help to achieve more of  point a).

No offence to any of the dev' guys, seriously, but that is just the way of this merchant world.  That's how they stay in the game.  If you thought more of them than that, then you - like me - are a communist hippy with idealistic principles (unfortunately, I've also become a realist over 36 years of observation.  Still wish the world was better. *sigh*).  Hmmmm, maybe we should both switch to Linux.

I've already switched Razz . It's good to make sure that b) is important for them, though and deny them a) if b) isn't achieved Wink . It can make the world a bit better.

Heck, some of them probably do care, but that doesn't mean they have the power to do anything to improve the situation.  Matrix is small fry; our franchise is small fry.  To quote the immortal Metallica - "Sad, but true."

Personally, I've moved away from CC some time ago. I miss the graphics, the voices and squad AI a bit, but the rest of the game is so sub-par and outdated that it's not funny any more.
In the end, most of the things that I have liked about CC were graphics, special effects and one gimmick.

What I liked about CCMT was the sandbox gameplay that made the modding very easy. In the end, I had most fun simply adding "civilian" and "miliitia" units and curb stomping them, at least then, the AI wasn't so jarring.

Though, I have to admit that in the end I got so frustrated with the AI that I added BB gun-armed infantry XD .

Frankly, there are many things that one man show games like Firefight and Armoured Brigade do better.

Try taking them to court.

It would be interesting to see someone do it XD .

Except for pathing issues, AI issues, and false claims, there is nothing here that tells me what specific problems exist within the games.  Or, are they the problems?  Faulty pathing?  AI that doesn't do what you want or expect?    Bold claims about "realistic-ness" that falls short of the mark? Umm... how has that changed since CCII?  I always thought it was just part of the CC experience.   Very Happy

CCII was over 10 years ago. It's not normal that they have sold more faulty products since then and got away with it. Fucking thieves.
Seriously, how the fuck it's possible that there are so many wargames and RTS games and CC is practically the only one that I have played which has so fucked up pathfinding and AI? It's not a normal part of gaming experience. It's a major fuck up and deserves a big warning sign.
Anyway, thieves are thieves, no excuses.

CCMT really crossed the line with the AI. It's a really "fun" game when one sets up a mission, puts all the victory locations on ones own side and waits for the superior enemy force to arrive only to discover that the enemy is camping in its start zone. It's disgusting.
This game should be sold as multi-player-only.

The problem is that they don't fall short on these promises. The problem is that they don't even try to fulfil them. These are lies, not a failure to deliver.

There are developers who actually bother to include semi-realistic weapons data and weapon mechanics, modern armour, sensors, even radios, etc.
They may make some errors, but they try.
Here, they promise things, but don't even try. They just lie. There aren't mechanics for even approximate modelling of modern equipment - these are the same mechanics as in the WWII CC - no reactive armour, no composite armour, no thermovision, no ATGMs types, etc.
More, the data is horrible.

There are developers who actually try to create a decent AI, sometimes they even succeed. A few of them actually try to implement actual tactical doctrines for them.
Without such an AI the tactical warfare thing may be true for multiplayer only. But the truth is that it's another lie.
CCM v5 doesn't "accurately depict modern tactical warfare and it’s challenge". It is proven by the fact that USMC wanted a new version of CCM which would include tons of new features like night fighting, civilians, rules of engagement, realistic support, scripted scenarios, etc. etc. etc. which are necessary for guess what? Yes, "accurate depiction of modern tactical warfare and it’s challenge" and it's still just an approximate depiction not accurate one - but at least they tried unlike in CCMT.
Ironically, it was released before CCMT.
So, it's all lies. Lies told to steal the customer's money.

#124: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:09 pm
    —
Of course you switched... to LINUX, so you are no longer a potential customer and hence would not be noticed by matrix.

#125: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:17 pm
    —
Yeah normally, an admin should have killed this thread 4 pages ago and we all would of moved on. This is what causes issues. Sometimes it is better just to move onto the next subject.

Everyone wants to keep talking in this thread. It would be counter productive to kill it.

#126: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:41 am
    —
Hoogley......Hmmm I got a feeling you went by another name even longer than the cpl-punishment thing,I cant think of it now but it will come.
Till then maybe have a look at the bugs and mistakes threads respectively for both WAR and tLD.
There you will see all the bugs the consumers found and many of those we are still waiting for a patch to correct.

To compound the problem with paying $50 for a game full of bugs (and still no patch) was the lack of respect many received for pointing out the bugs and no type of sincerity has EVER been posted by anyone due to the negligence of Matrix or it's creators for its bug riddled games it sold.

Now is the OP stealing?
Sure he is
Is he Robin Hood?......No
But stealing from another thief has never been frowned on where I come from either.

But if you were following the bugs and mistakes thread as it happened and seen all that's transpired since the release of the game and with NO information as to when a patch will be released how can anyone blame him for not wanting to pay for it?

Now maybe he will play his hacked game till it's fixed and then buy the game (most likely it will be cheaper by then) then you cant say anyone lost anything other than time.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Fri May 14, 2010 12:44 am; edited 2 times in total

#127: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:43 am
    —
Quote:
lack of respect many received for pointing out the bugs

Sorry, I think you are mistaken.... it is my recollection that any bug reports were welcomed and encouraged.... as they still are.

#128: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:55 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

But if you were following the bugs and mistakes thread as it happened and seen all that's transpired since the release of the game and with NO information as to when a patch will be released how can anyone blame him for not wanting to pay for it?

Yes. Yes I would.

Stealing is still stealing and please don't justify it with "stealing from a thief."

And this is why this thread doesn't need to exist. We are just going around in circles. Clearly some people think one way and the rest another.

Let's talk about something positive about CC instead.

Like see this thread about a CoI Der Ost Front GC I've started playing.

#129: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:04 am
    —
Quotes from the noob Hoogley and platoon_michael  Arrow

Yar, me 'ardies!  Cast yer squinty sun-damaged eyes to port!  Thar be gamers to plunder! Yar, and again, yar!  Batten the hatches! Hoist the mizzen mast!  Cast the anchor!  Poop the deck!  wind the... windy thing!  Add one more "yar" for luck!  Man the cannons!  Cannon the men!  Sharpen yer teeth and prepare to board, for today, we be fillin' our holds with shiny things! Yar! In fact, me thinks me be takin' that shrecken's monitor fer me own, t' be sure.  Yar!

Now is the OP stealing? ... Sure he is ... Is he Robin Hood? ... No ... But stealing from another thief has never been frowned on where I come from either.

What can we conclude from this  Question

The noob Hoogley and platoon_michael understand this thread  Idea

No one likes to hear a Pirate whine, because it does not fit the swashbuckling, in your face stereotype that we all love about Pirates.  Arrow

When media Pirates produce Pirate software with Pirate money and Pirate stuff, no one wants to hear them complain when other Pirates hijack the Pirate software that the media Pirates created in the first place.  Exclamation

#130: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:32 pm
    —
Stwa, trust me when I say I make this comment in good humour, but I can't read any more of your pirate metaphor posts, 'cause if I do I could well go mad.    Laughing

#131: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:22 pm
    —
Stwa, trust me when I say I make this comment in good humour, but I can't read any more of your pirate metaphor posts, 'cause if I do I could well go mad.    Laughing

No...no...you won't get mad.

You'll come down with the scurvy  Razz

#132: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: vonB PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:36 pm
    —
Quote:
You'll come down with the scurvy

...and if anyone even dares propose a 'Treasure Island' CC Mod...

#133: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:57 pm
    —
Laughing *ROFL*  Laughing

#134: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:05 pm
    —
vonB wrote (View Post):
Quote:
You'll come down with the scurvy

...and if anyone even dares propose a 'Treasure Island' CC Mod...

A mini-mod of the legendary Gillians Island mod?

#135: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:26 pm
    —
Hogans Heros would have been better.

#136: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: vonB PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:13 am
    —
Quote:
A mini-mod of the legendary Gillians Island mod?

Noooooooooo........... Run away!!!!

#137: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: brett25 PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:51 am
    —
humans admit defeat and show us your women now

#138: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:57 am
    —
I'll have them ready when you return in 2012

#139: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: verbaLocation: New Providence (Bahama's) PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:40 pm
    —
did he get his serial i wonder...

#140: Re: The Longest Day serial needed Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:16 pm
    —
He got one.
Schrecken PM´d him one.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1