PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

#1: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Author: PolishPaulLocation: Poland/USA PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:28 pm
    —
So after many years i've reinstalled CC2 and played myself a Grand Campaign as the Allies. Oh what fun :)

However, just about every time my infantry engages a 2 men PanzerFaust team, they get destroyed. I've had a PzF team actually take out a rifle squad. And its almost the rule, not the exception. Whether its a PzF team sneaking up on a house with a full squad, or i've lost squads charging a house (w/ suppression etc) - those PzF's do sooo much damage to my infantry squads! Has anyone else noticed this? I don't remember this being the case... maybe its just a string of bad luck, but i've developed a fear for them now Razz

#2: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Author: pagskier PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:33 pm
    —
You're lucky
I broke my CC2 CD in october or so Sad
then I bought TLD but I still miss CC2!

#3: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Author: PolishPaulLocation: Poland/USA PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:43 am
    —
You know, i did the same thing! CD was cracked and so was my heart Razz I was sooo bummed out. I eventually went on e-bay and ordered one for about 15$ (came with another CC game, can't remember, wasn't mentioned in the bid, but the guy just threw in some extras!). It was published by some other company too...

There's always torrents... you DO own the title so it wouldn't be illegal right? I made freaking backups of all my classics after this...

BUT... what about those PzF teams taking out whole rifle squads? :O

#4: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:14 pm
    —
don't you mean Panzerschreck teams? I don't remember specialized pzfaust teams in CC2.

PzSchreck = German Bazooka
PzFaust = Single shot AT weapon.

Maybe is just bad luck as you say, I don't think they are stronger particularly like say snipers, now they are some tough bastards.

#5: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Author: PolishPaulLocation: Poland/USA PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:19 pm
    —
PzF or PzS, i can't remember - i'm talking about the usual 2 men team of AT. Guess it's just weird luck as i've played CC2 so many times and i can't recall this happening. Wish i had a video of them wiping out a strong rifle/bren team Very Happy just for laughs...

#6: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Author: vonB PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:49 pm
    —
Yes, I seem to recall the the Panzerfaust and/or Panzerschreck could be stupidly deadly to infantry in CC2.  But with this proviso.  A hollow charge projectile has a fair bit of explosive in it.  Primarily designed to focus the charge in a hot stream of plasma in order to penetrate armour plate, but it still goes off with a whopping bang!  Just like a grenade, there's going to be shrapnel, so it you are close, then you could get messed up.

In addition, one going off in an enclosed space (room in a house for example) would be potentially very damaging too on soft tissue and bone.  Where it does not make sense is in more open areas.  A round discharging in a field I would not have thought to be dramatic enough to wipe out a squad (would it go off at all?), but maybe the odd injury and if unlucky, death.

What is silly are these Teams targetting infantry at all.  They are a hard target weapon specifically designed for armour, though I suppose they could be effective against fieldworks?  I guess it must be due to the way they are coded in the game? (i.e. HE value or something).  Just guessing.

If you have seen one go off on an AFV (I have), then it does make a bloody big bang!, and I for one wouldn't want to be too close!...

#7: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:59 pm
    —
Ok now I'm confused, are we talking Hand to Hand combat or that the Pzschrek weapon is deadly vs infantry as in the explosion it makes kills infantry a lot?

#8: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Author: vonB PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:24 am
    —
Well, I suppose you could use a Panzerfaust to 'beat' your opponent to death  Wink  but no, not talking about hand to hand combat, but the effect of the projectile exploding.

I am sure that these weapons could cause infantry casualties, but I think the effect is too severe in CC, especially CC2.  All I meant to say was that because a hollow charge projectile explodes violently, there is always a possibility of infantry casualties, but the effects would very much depend on the environment, and I would very much doubt it's effectiveness as a soft target weapon.  However, I am only guessing as intelligently as I can, but it's still only guessing.

I very much doubt that in real life, a Panzerfaust operator would target infantry except in very particular circumstances (i.e holed up in a building when the blast effect could be useful).  I mean, you would feel a bit dumb firing off a round at an infantry squad to see it go sailing past and explode harnlessly just as a tank came into view...

#9: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Author: PolishPaulLocation: Poland/USA PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:56 am
    —
Your logic does make sense... I suppose a lucky grenade toss worked in their favor too. And yeah, i've actually charget a squad which resulted in hand-to-hand combad and ... yes, i lost! Maybe it wasn't a full squad, but those PzF/S teams sure get secret kung-fu training! : Wink Or... maybe they do use that PzF to hit my troops upside the head...

And you KNOW that when you play as the Germans and use the PzF teams this way, you'd get wiped out quickly... dang cheating computer  Razz

#10: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Author: WilldasmiffkingLocation: Suffolk, England. PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:38 am
    —
The Blast radius on a projectile of 400g of TNT and Tri-Hexogen will be pretty big if you look at it. If it's good enough to destroy thick metal plate on an armoured vehicle, I suppose it would knock some infantry. XD

#11: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Author: kawasakyLocation: Zagreb, Hrvatska PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:36 pm
    —
It is important was the weapon in question panzerschreck or Pzfaust, because 2.0b patch (official) disabled that stupid glitch of firing panzerfaust against infantry.
However, one can target inf. teams with panzerschreck that is especially effective against infantry occupying houses (closed space as VonB pointed out).

#12: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Author: androwski PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:00 pm
    —
I have read about a higher decorated german infantryman, who was a eastern front veteran and then fought on the western front, after D-Day. When he and his group sneaked up to a hedgerow somewhere in france, they found allied soldiers gathered together behind that obstacle in the distance there. Since the Schreck was new to theese germans, they tried the "Ofenrohr" out on this crowd, with suprising success.

That´s what comes into my mind, regarding Schrecks and AP capability.

The story was in one of the many "Landser" booklets. A publicated series of wartime stories, available in germany. Usually with backroundstory of the operation and front on which it plays. With one ore more personal stories in it. I have to admit that some of the many stories seem to be fictive or invented.

#13: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Author: blinddog14Location: Grand Canyon PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:51 pm
    —
Ah , yes, the 2.0 patch... and now my tanks run straight down the road. hahahahahahaha!
And those panzerschrecks are pretty sneaky.

#14: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:48 pm
    —
Dedicated cc2 players have updated ' patches ' to fix, etc. this wonderful game without changing the way it plays and the way we have come to love it !

Smoke nades are better.  etc....

Try it.  U will love it.  :D

3.4 patch * can be found here @ closecombatseries cc2.

Enjoy!

#15: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Author: blinddog14Location: Grand Canyon PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:23 am
    —
I wondered about that 3.4 patch. Downloading in ten... nine... eight...
thanks!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1