Windows 7 x64 and mods
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

#1: Windows 7 x64 and mods Author: roo72 PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:01 am
    —
I haven't played CC for a while but I had a few moments to spare and decided that I'll give it a go again, wish it was that simple.. CC4 installs fine on Win7 x64.  It tries to install itself to C:\Program Files (x86) but that's easily corrected to the default C:\Program Files.  So far so good, I installed the latest patch and the games run smoothly.  The problem begins when I try to install any mod - they simply don't work.  No matter in which directory the game is installed it simply ignores any mods applied via the mod editor and starts in the standard, non-moded version.  Heeeeeeelp please!

#2: Re: Windows 7 x64 and mods Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:25 pm
    —
You need to run Config Manager with admin rights. Right click the config manager shortcut and select run as admin.

#3: Re: Windows 7 x64 and mods Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:00 pm
    —
I keep getting various errors when trying to install CC5 to any directory OTHER than the X86 location.. registry, looking for some file, blah..Blah.. The CC5 game will run fine and install to X86 and can play fine..Stock, but no mods of course and CC4 can install and run fine in the regular programs (not x86) locale just fine.

Have attempted to install CC5 3-4 times and the same thing.. Store bought, old ancient disk, as well as "other" version with it mounted on Damon tools and samey samey problem.

Wondering if anyone else had this problem.

JS

Finally have the thing going.. Thx.. More video issues, but thx for anyone who was gonna help. Smile

#4: Re: Windows 7 x64 and mods Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:50 am
    —
I've been able to install CC5, 4, 3 and 2 in any directory on the hard drive using Windows 7 64-bit.  The only downside to Win7 for CC is that I am unable to get the videos to play from within the games.  They all play with media player and the simulated Indeo 4 codec installed.... just not from within a Close Combat game.

#5: Re: Windows 7 x64 and mods Author: fltoppLocation: Portland, Oregon PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:22 am
    —
I havent played CC in years. Since then Software has upgraded and when I attempted to download CC, it wouldnt start because I now have Win 7 on one PC and Win. Vista on the other. Please tell me what I must do to be able to play these games. There are very high tech games now for everything, but one of my favorites is playing close combat. I really hope to play this once again. If there are instructions out there, the most basic will be appreciated because Im not a master of using software. Thank you for any help in advance.

#6: Re: Windows 7 x64 and mods Author: Sapa PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:20 pm
    —
Wink

CC_Starter.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CC_Starter.zip
 Filesize:  272.19 KB
 Downloaded:  639 Time(s)

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1