Last stand Arnhem
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#21: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:18 am
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Questions so far regarding the screenshot

Date/Time
How many allied icons on 1 map
Assault Crossing icon/button
points and sectors (how naf)
ovm's with trees (pulled out of nowhere)

c'mon you're just not trying..........

Umm... what are... the... little red squares on the bridge maps??

I don't know.  Throw me a bone shreck.

#22: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:19 am
    —
they're scarabs

#23: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:01 am
    —
they're scarabs

A red hot processor chip.

#24: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:49 pm
    —
QM wrote (View Post):
they're scarabs

A red hot processor chip.

Red light districts?

#25: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: Albeert PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:25 pm
    —
Ok so, you can;

blow up bridges (also in cc2 right? never played tough)
have 2 battle groups at one map?
Let infantry make an alternitive river crossing, without using a bridge?

and;

the turns represent a shorter time as in previous cc?
Very Happy

#26: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:58 pm
    —
This is good news, I just want to know:

Is there requisition points?

What changes are there to the multiplayer mode (if any)?

What changes are there to the scenario editor mode (if any)?

Can you blow up bridges?

Are there different flags for each nationality?

can you mount halftracks?

Any other information that you would like to share is fine too.

#27: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:37 pm
    —
Can you blow the bridges?  Is that what the red square represents?

I can't see anything on the battle dashboard to suggest there's a "blow the bridge" button like in CC2.  Is it an option for the German player to blow the bridges during their movement phase or something?

If so, I hope it has a chance of failure, or the German player suffers some kind of drawback for each bridge they nuke; I'd hate to think you could just blow up all the bridges on the first turn.  That would be naff.

#28: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:12 pm
    —
It would be, wouldn't it?

#29: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:47 pm
    —
Schrecken, could you possibly be any more esoteric?  Wink

#30: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:00 pm
    —
Shreck is like Yoda, only taller and more antipodean

Laughing

#31: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:11 pm
    —
One must walk toward the light if one seeks enlightenment

#32: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: vonB PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:51 pm
    —
Ah so!  Glasshopper...  Cool

#33: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:58 am
    —
why such a small pics?  Sad

#34: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:04 pm
    —
saves bandwidth

#35: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: MafiLocation: Germany PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:23 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

And why such small pictures?

...it is the iPad version ;-)

I think we can expect larger pictures on a PC.

#36: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: pagskier PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:46 pm
    —
So much questions!

damn I want few answers at least!

#37: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: pagskier PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:46 pm
    —
So much questions!

damn I want few answers at least!

I hope we can blow bridge!

#38: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: diggin.robatLocation: Land of the krauts PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:25 am
    —
And the good old bridge element to move over and under it.

Now, that´s quite exciting - a remake of CC2! Do we get the original CC2-feeling back? Will the Oosterbeek-bridge be blown into our faces again? And the Königstiger to roast Shermans beside the tulips? "See your tank on the road explode". Last but not least: Will someone make some good tools to mod it?

diggin

#39: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:33 am
    —

Notice how the shape of sectors on the strat map are with each re-release progressively evolving into hexes!

Very Happy

Date/Time

Would it be unreasonable to think in terms of ten days x 6 hour turns = 40 turns?

How many allied icons on 1 map

How many icons on one map; never mind whether they are Allied or not?! Why would they allow the Allies to stack and not the Germans? Think of all the fragments of units which came together west of Arnhem to hold up 1st Airbourne's advance!

So hexes, and now stacking! The strat map is beginning to feel like a boardgame of old.

:)

Assault Crossing icon/button

Noted

c'mon you're just not trying..........

24 red dots vs 15 green dots. Of course we can't tell whether one dot represents one or more battlegroups now! The way that some of them are grouped suggests one dot = one battlegroup. From that and the unoccupied areas on the stratmap it is impossible to tell how many combat maps the new game will have. Original CC II was theorised to have capacity for 50 although I don't know if anyone fully tested or exploited that.

#40: Re: Last stand Arnhem Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:44 am
    —
Another thought:

Only one of the two Allied units stacked on the strat map is mentioned (in blue) at the top.

So can only one fight?

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 10