Village Lipa, 30 April 1944
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Village Lipa, 30 April 1944 Author: kawasakyLocation: Zagreb, Hrvatska PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:33 pm
    —
There were 3 completely destroyed villages in the German genocidal retaliation raids. Two are well known, Lidice and Oradour sur Glane, while the third case is mostly unknown due to faulty "advertising" -  village Lipa in municipality of Matulji, near Opatija (Croatia).

On 30 April the Germans burnt all of the buildings, church and school included (grand total of 172 objects), and killed all of the villagers - mostly women and children. Reason - some shots were fired upon the German column nearby! To make things worse, the criminals thoroughly recorded their "deed".
They killed grand total of 272 villagers (121 children).

pictures taken during the killing raid - this one was recorded in the museum in sei-light, although one can clearly see all those bodies

one of the houses

http://www.matulji.hr/arhivskesnimkelipa.asp

#2: Re: Village Lipa, 30 April 1944 Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:37 pm
    —
Thank you for your information.
So what should we discuss in here?

#3: Re: Village Lipa, 30 April 1944 Author: kawasakyLocation: Zagreb, Hrvatska PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:41 pm
    —
Seemed like an generally unknown info, so I just shared it.

Anyways, I already put it in the context (Oradour sur Glane, Lidice) that gives a lot of material to talk about.

#4: Re: Village Lipa, 30 April 1944 Author: pagskier PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:10 pm
    —
In the ardenne offensive
Kampfgruppe Knittel did some killing around Stavelot too

#5: Re: Village Lipa, 30 April 1944 Author: kawasakyLocation: Zagreb, Hrvatska PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:46 pm
    —
pagskier wrote (View Post):

In the ardenne offensive
Kampfgruppe Knittel did some killing around Stavelot too

Yes, and I've heard in some documentary that they were high on "speed".
Possible, but irrelevant.

#6: Re: Village Lipa, 30 April 1944 Author: Therion PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:33 am
    —
That's why WWII FPS games need Germans as a playable side.
For example: Medal of Honour VII: Dirlewangers Brigade.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1