Meuse Mod map error
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Meuse Mod map error Author: hookah PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:55 am
    —
So a friend of mine and I have been playing the newest version of the Meuse mod and we have encountered a problem neither of us can fix. We are about to play the map Wadel for the 1st time and we have been getting errors anytime we try and go past the battlegroup menu to start the battle. First it was just the generic CC5 has encounted a problem and needs to close etc. but after i re downloaded all the maps and replaced them in my cc5 folder i got "The file maps/wadel.txt is corrupt. So after trying to download the file individually from the site i have the same problem. any help would be appreciated.

#2: Re: Meuse Mod map error Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:20 am
    —
The maps must be placed in the map directory before the files from the plugin are installed as the plugin has newer files.

The reason for this is that the original Meuse maps were coded based on the CC3 elements plus custom elements which was later changed to be based CC5 elements plus custom elements (the newer coded/updated came in an updated plugin). Rename the plugin to zip and grab the map files and put them in the maps directory....

#3: Re: Meuse Mod map error Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:36 am
    —
Another idea for you. Wadel is a very small map, maybe one of you two is running in too a high resolution since CC5 does not change its resolution based on the map like the later re-releases from Matrix/S3T....

Last edited by Tejszd on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: Meuse Mod map error Author: hookah PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:56 am
    —
I've tried both of your suggestions Tejszd, still no luck im afraid. I suppose i will try reinstalling CC5 and the mod from scratch. Might not get around to it for a day or so but i will post my results. Thanks for the help.

#5: Re: Meuse Mod map error Author: hookah PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:00 am
    —
Problem is solved  Very Happy Turns out that my opponent had flanked me while withdrawing his other unit leaving me pinned on a thin deployment zone on the middle of the bridge in wadel. the game didnt allow the match to start unless i used few units. thanks for the help.

#6: Re: Meuse Mod map error Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:05 am
    —
Glad you solved it and posted back as it may help others in Meuse or any other CC5 mod if they end up in the same position!

#7: Re: Meuse Mod map error Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:05 am
    —
Yeh... I set das Hoff on the right track yesterday.

the deploy area wasn't large enough to hold all 15 teams.

Worth noting the WaR and tLD have this bug fixed.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1