Remember When? CC3 Maps and Memory..
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Remember When? CC3 Maps and Memory.. Author: CSO_SbufkleLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:36 am
    —
SL in another thread sdaid this....

southern_land wrote (View Post):
there's only about 1000 cc3 maps to choose from

Which is right of course,, actually I believe there is well over 1000.. and it got me to thinking...

HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED!!

There are alot of old timers here who can relate.

When I first got into CC with the purchase of CC2 in 1997, I had a P2 with a staggering 5 GB of memory. I then purchased CC3 and could only have 1 or 2 mods in the computer at once... the moden took a good 10-15 minutes to DL the average map. To set up your PC for say WF mod back then was a few hours of work... and usaully deleting files I didnt need to clear up space.

Now in todays PC world, where 1TB memory is pretty common it does seem we have evolved from the stone age. Hell I have that plus another 500 on a secondary computer and 200 on a personal laptop, you can have all 1000+ maps and dozens of mods, versions of CC ect in your computer and not miss a beat.

I remember compiling burnt CDs for the Great War mod Id send to people all around the world so it be handy and save DLs for users. You can probably get everything on that CD here at the CCS and dl it within 20 minutes, if not sooner.

Now... time to take the old PC and cristen it a CC only PC and fill the 500 mb with CC goodness!

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1