Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Matrix?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Matrix? Author: 10-3SquadLeader PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:26 am
    —
Is it possible to install Stalingrad mod for CC5 Invasion Normandy on a installation of "The Longest Day Close Combat" by Matrix?
My old CC5 Invasion Normandy is not playing under winXP platform. I tried in vain to run using older compatibility modes.

Regards
Panagiotis

#2: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: southern_land PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:13 am
    —
Nope.  It needs to be modifified to run under WaR or tLD

#3: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:18 pm
    —
Not sure why your having problems running it on Windows XP, I have CC5 on two machines running XP Home and XP Pro, and both run without problem.

#4: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: Sfox28 PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:50 am
    —
I have the same problem...the original CC5 I had does not run well on my machine.  I was hoping I could use the CC5 original game that comes with TLD to install this mod as I really like the Stalingrad theater.  So there is no way to run this mod using the CC5 original from TLD? Cool

#5: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:43 am
    —
Nope..."Original CC5" is basically a TLD mod...not the the old CC5 game.

#6: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: Sfox28 PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:30 am
    —
"Dam" I wish there was a way to get around a bad original CC5...because there is no way that it runs decent on my machine!  Nothing else will work for the Stalingrad or Scheldt mods except the original CC5?  Am I correct in assuming that?

Mahalo, for any help gang. Cool

#7: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:24 am
    —
Have you tried Bernd's CC Starter Utility?
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4054

I have no probs running CC5 on WinXP and Win7 machines...mid-high-end gaming machines too.

#8: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: Andreus PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:16 am
    —
Same for me, it works perfect, no DirectDraw bug... There's that CPU killer utility too, for fast computers, to allow the normal scroll inside the game I think, but never used it.

#9: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:53 am
    —
Andreus wrote (View Post):
Same for me, it works perfect, no DirectDraw bug... There's that CPU killer utility too, for fast computers, to allow the normal scroll inside the game I think, but never used it.

Actually...you don't even need the CC Starter Util if you're running Win7.
The CPU Killer utility does not work if you have a fast gaming graphics card.

#10: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: vonB PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:00 pm
    —
Have got them all to run on Win7, though I haven't tried CCI yet.

However, using Virtual Machines, can get all of them to work very well.  If you don't want to fork out for VMWare (bloody excellent), or don't have or can't use the MS VM avaible for Win7, then the free Sun Virtual Box also works well, particularly well for XP and up, but the performance of pre-XP versions of Windows in Virtual Box can be a bit cludgy, but they do work.  Because of CC's humble resource demands, they work in Virtual Machines very well...

#11: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:32 pm
    —
10-3SquadLeader wrote (View Post):
Is it possible to install Stalingrad mod for CC5 Invasion Normandy on a installation of "The Longest Day Close Combat" by Matrix?
My old CC5 Invasion Normandy is not playing under winXP platform. I tried in vain to run using older compatibility modes.

Regards
Panagiotis

Don't loose the faith!  Wink

#12: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:24 pm
    —
Smile

#13: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: Priapus PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:30 am
    —
!!

#14: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: karlmortarLocation: Falköping,Sweden PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:31 pm
    —
Quote:
Actually...you don't even need the CC Starter Util if you're running Win7.

I had to, otherwise the game froze in a blackscreen when launched on my Win 7 64-bit Pro. Couldn't do anything but poweroff the PC. Although with the CC starter I still get DirectDraw error. Any tips?

#15: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:01 am
    —
Manoi wrote (View Post):

Don't loose the faith!  Wink

Shocked

Razz

#16: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:33 am
    —

#17: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: salhexe PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:39 am
    —
Cool

#18: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:29 pm
    —
Nice!

#19: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:50 pm
    —
Awesome.

#20: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Author: Priapus PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:47 pm
    —
mmm, this might intice me back onto gameranger. Looking forward to this guys.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1