Battle of Berlin Installation Problem
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Battle of Berlin Installation Problem Author: nikits72Location: Athens/Greece PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:36 pm
    —
Hi all,

first of all i didnt found a relative to the subject subforum to post this so in case there is and i missed it admins pls move this post there.

By reading some post in the official BoB forum at CSO i saw that there was a problem with the name of a specific map conflicting with a gjs map.
If i got it right Lord of War made a change in the installation for the CCS BoB download (so he may concern this post to fix this too).So i decided to download the mod form here CCS which anyway i like more and trust.

The problem i met is that when using the manager to install Bob there are two specific names which i was getting error during the install that they couldnt be found.
These files not found were:
Kόstrin
and later after fixing the above was the
Mόncheberg

Searching for these files in the appropriate directory of the install manager instead of the above files i found those:
KBstrin
MΒncheberg

What someone may notice in these words is the character ό and the character Β.

So if you have the same problem to resolve it you have to edit the install.txt file of BOB and replace the ό character with the B character.

Although i followed another road.
Thinking that maybe the ό is a special character not supported of my greek windows version i just made it plain english character o and renamed the files too by changing B to o to be sure i will avoid special characters similar to each other but different on how windows read them (like o and ) .

Result : Bob v1.0 installed succesfully. Smile

Thx...

P.S. I know that this post for a newbbie may seem a little complex but i am sure mooxe and/or lordforwar understand what i am saying and will fix this error in case more users has the same problem...

#2: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:46 am
    —
hey nikits.

yes i think ur error comes from greek windows. Laughing sorry.
as them battles in mention work ok on english windows.
so help spread the word for any fellow greek players u know.
sapa has them funny `o` in the files and install txts.
i did spot them but as they worked on my pc,and i was already copping flak in the bob forum,and u could imagine me not wanting to change anything except the renaming of the cc3 caen map made by attilla to Charlott.
this was only so the majority could enjoy sapas new mod.without conflict.
if i would have mentioned these letters,i would have been the biggest kunt in the world.
i did not try to address any other errors i saw,nor did i mention them for fear of been accused of trying to say bad things about his mod.
please nikits make this post in the cso/bob/forum. im sure sapa will realise that another version can address the majority of these minor problems.
and if he doesnt wish to do so himself he can pass the banner to one of his teammates.
i only want to be loved Crying or Very sad
over an out on the subject L4W

#3:  Author: nikits72Location: Athens/Greece PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:19 am
    —
I wouldn't hesitate to order the fire in an execution squad targeting you .
Afterall ,i already know from earlier days your strange -but of my taste- humor Cool
(Lord4war defenders.Dont rush.This is a practical joke)

Well i guess i will have to go post at bob forum too.But i will wear my helmet.

Thx...

P.S. I lied.I have english windows (greek are just installed as a secondary language)

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1