Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#21: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:20 am
    —
Maybe that's where Hoffa is hiding?

#22: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:27 am
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Maybe that's where Hoffa is hiding?

More likely it's a Meth Lab where WAR is also being produced and Beta tested.

#23: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:31 am
    —
Do you have any info that it is being beta tested?

#24: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:35 am
    —
wait a minute... the patch is a beta release.. you are the beta tester!

#25: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:10 am
    —
So you guys don't even bother to look at anything anymore huh?
Just put it out there and let the customer find your errors.

Nice

#26: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
    —
I'm pretty sure the beta patch was not for sale but a free download that you might like to try.

#27: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:17 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Apparently my post makes no sense.

What I am trying to point out in the screen-shots is the troops uncover a house where none is depicted in game.

Definitely missed it.... But yes that looks like a bug/oops.... Bug created....

#28: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:09 pm
    —
Dampsquib and I are starting a GC in WAR on Tuesday. While I don't have much experience with WAR, we will both be sure to look out for bugs to report.

#29: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:40 am
    —

Nice

Ahhh common you're so much more than a customer

#30: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:04 am
    —
You have to admit, Michael's good at pointing out bugs. Hopefully it makes WaR a better game.

#31: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:29 am
    —
Quote:
Michael's good at pointing out bugs

No one could disagree with that!

#32: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:55 am
    —

Nice

I'm pretty sure this is the exact logic behind a public beta. To have more eyes searching for bugs. It's the old word search analogy. You spend hours looking for the last 2 words...can't find them can't find them....then someone walks by and says "they are right there" and were in front of your face the whole time. If you are staring at something all the time you are going to miss things.

I applaud them for making the betas public, it allows them to have a great bug finding population.

And considering all the bugs they did fix that's kind of a douchey statement don't you think?

#33: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:20 am
    —
Apparently my post makes no sense.

What I am trying to point out in the screen-shots is the troops uncover a house where none is depicted in game.

The Schonberg map was replaced/updated in the patch with a new one that does not require an .rfm file, the old .rfm wasn't removed by the patch installer...

#34: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:05 am
    —
the old one didn't have any houses either did it?

EDIT  Nope just checked it out.  No buildings at all on the old map.  Weird

#35: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:07 pm
    —
Would it be possible to get the old map as a download?
I'm just not that crazy about the current one.

Or is that something that can be pulled off the CD?
thanks

#36: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:21 am
    —
The old one was frigging awful... and I drew it

Hope you've all noticed that WaR is now "window-able"

#37: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:57 am
    —
^^^
I'm guessing the new WAR patch is using the latest TLD build...so are night battles now doable in WAR?

#38: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:46 am
    —
I really liked the old one.
Oh well I'll find a way one day to bring it back.

I did find the window mode.I haven't found Night Battles but then again I just don't have the time to play.
I don't see it listed in the options under Scenario Editor.
I wont be able to look at anything for at least the next 6 months so hopefully someone here will be able to play and give reports.
I hope its only 6 months to be honest.Were moving and this is a BIG move,so much I wont even be able to buy CCLSA.

Sure I can always pop online long enough to bash flamethrower (and now pvt_grunt)
But playing is just not going to be an option.

#39: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Author: wurger PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:56 am
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):
The old one was frigging awful... and I drew it

Hope you've all noticed that WaR is now "window-able"

cheers, just bought WAR now cause it's windowable! is COI ever gonna be windowable?

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2