CC IRC Chat Room?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#21: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:51 pm
    —
For those who are reading I was having problems because I didn't have the latest update of BHQ. I though I did because I have the latest beta patches installed for both CoI and WaR, and I though they included an updated version of BHQ also. Thanks for your help Schrecken.

BHQ Update
http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/WaRmods.html

#22: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:54 pm
    —
I installed the latest BHQ update, then moved on to installing .NET Framework v2.0 and restarted my computer - in order to change the BHQ skins. I launched the Skin Changer and changed the default skin. I opened up BHQ and no change was made, with the Skin Changer open I tried changing it again and it did nothing. I guess it only works on the old BHQ version?, included with CoI, WaR and TLD.

By the way, destroying a room now works.  Smile

BHQ Skin Changer.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  407.24 KB
 Viewed:  6052 Time(s)

BHQ Skin Changer.jpg

#23: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:11 pm
    —
After installing BHQ it forces me to use DirectPlay, if I set it to not use DirectPlay the setting will stay until I logout, when I log back in it's set to use DirectPlay again.  Sad

#24: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:04 pm
    —
Battlehq.com contains some suspicious malware.
I don´t recommend using it.

#25: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:33 pm
    —
Then why would S3T support it?, they include it with their games.

#26: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:04 pm
    —
Tippi-Simo wrote (View Post):

Who drops a post like this with nothing to support it?  What is this malware? How did you discover it?

If it's there why would Matrix promote it?

#27: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:28 pm
    —
Dundradal wrote (View Post):

Who drops a post like this with nothing to support it?  What is this malware? How did you discover it?

If it's there why would Matrix promote it?

Well I use Avast Home and I have tried to go to the main page of BattleHq (to make an account) and avast gives a popup for suspicious malware.

#28: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:11 pm
    —

Well I use Avast Home and I have tried to go to the main page of BattleHq (to make an account) and avast gives a popup for suspicious malware.

I use AVG Free and just scanned the make an account page and it came back fine.

There's also a huge difference between "BHQ has malware" and "the account creation site returns a malware warning." And are you sure it's not a false-positive? Did you send a message to matrix informing them of these results?

#29: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:25 pm
    —
Get the new BHQ and you won't go to the wrong web page...

there is no malware installed with BHQ

if you go to an old webpage your scanners will report positive

Don't use directplay works for me.

nearly all settings in BhQ do0n't become active until you log out then back in.

#30: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:47 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Don't use directplay works for me.

nearly all settings in BhQ do0n't become active until you log out then back in.

It's working now, I had to exit and re-load BHQ for it to save the change. Logging out and back in didn't work.  Confused

#31: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:53 pm
    —
About my other question - why can't I change skins for BHQ?.

#32: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:38 pm
    —
Thanks Schrecken for that info. I need to fully setup my BHQ soon. Hamachi is a giant pain in the ass without Mooxe cleaning out the networks.

#33: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:09 pm
    —
In the CSO BHQ Skin Library, in the "About" tab, it says that you need a CSO installed version of BHQ.

#34: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:19 pm
    —
the skin changer is out of date.

vonb has said he may update it to work with newer BHQ versions

#35: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:35 pm
    —
I'm going to always log into both BHQ and Hamachi since the networks are full and the only way to stay on a network is to be an asshole too and not leave the network....ugh.

I might just open GR and BHQ and see what happens.

#36: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:38 pm
    —
I'm in the COI room for those looking around.

#37: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:04 am
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):

if you go to an old webpage your scanners will report positive

I used the icon in TLD folder which connected me to BHQ, but I need to create an account.
That´s when the malware stuff popped up when it directed me to battlehq.com.

So where is this new page where I can create an account?

Thanks in advance Smile

#38: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:51 am
    —
get the updated BHQ from here

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LongestDay/tLDmods.html

#39: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:26 am
    —
Another question....

Is it a choice whether to use DirectPlay or not? I'm a little confused by the thread at Matrix. I see instructions for WAR, but is that true for the early CCs and COI, WAR and TLD?

#40: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:11 pm
    —
Go here Tippi, you can get the latest version of BHQ there as well.  http://www.wargamer.com/battlehq/

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 3