CC IRC Chat Room?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#41: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:21 pm
    —
Dundradal, you can use BHQ like you would Hamachi if you like.

Open BHQ.
Open Configure and select the box to allow people see your IP.
Create a room in the preferred game lobby.
Wait for another person to join your room.
The other person can now get your IP by hovering over your name in the "Room Users" box.
Launch the game manually with the games shortcut.
Goto Multiplayer and select TCP.
Then select host.
Alt+Tab out of the game into BHQ.
Let the other player know that they can now search for a game.

#42: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:43 pm
    —
The other player will need to launch the game also, through the games shortcut.
Goto Muiltiplayer and select Internet TCP/IP.
Select the Hosts IP box and enter in your IP address then hit ok.
After that, search for a game.

#43: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:34 pm
    —
I understand that. But can I also use DirectPlay like GR and do that? It wasn't clear if you had to use the above way just for WAR or for every CC.

#44: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:19 pm
    —
Just look in your BHQ configuration/options, select what you want to use.

#45: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:31 am
    —
Dampsquib and I have been messing around with BHQ today. I'm thinking I'm going to make the move. It has all the features of Hamachi AND it has the ability for DirectPlay if you'd like. It also supports every CC released. hamachi fills up too easily with people who aren't there. On BHQ you can do that all you want and not prevent others from playing.

#46: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:25 am
    —
Directplay works perfect with COI on BHQ. Dampsquib and I played quite a few battles of our GC through it.

Also updated our AAR at Matrix forums.

#47: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: vonB PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:34 am
    —
This could be timely.  I am working on a prototype Operation Game for multiplayer (and in due course single player), and I am going to be looking at integrating BHQ into the Game Interface using the SDK.  Its going to be a walk in the dark for me as it takes me into a level of programming my home spun hacking hasn't taken me yet, but the prospect is appealing, so I am going to have a go.  This will mean having some friendly types willing to play test the connectivity, and put up with the hassles in the early stages.

The Project is CCOPS (No, no 'C' Cops  Wink ), but Close Combat Operations.  Soon the first useable interface will be ready and I hope someone will join in (actually, in due course, I hope a heap of people will join in!), because some of the technology is too advanced for me in terms of coding interactive graphics and other stuff.  In the meantime, I do what I can with what I am able, and the Project is about exploring the possibilities, rather than trying to nail the best thing since sliced bread in one hit (step by step... if it works, then the real thing can come phase 2+).  I'll post more soon...

#48: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:01 am
    —
I'm just going to start using BHQ more. It's much better suited to players needs than Hamachi.

#49: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:33 pm
    —
Setting up an IRC room would be simple as well and for those not familiar with IRC a Javachat link could be created from the main page here that anyone can just click on and lead them to the room.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Page 3 of 3