Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

#1: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:40 pm
    —
paladin has given permission to upload his Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod for people to give feedback on.

This is the BIGGEST Western Front campaign ever released for the Close Combat series

features

MMCC3 operational system
Classic Bloody Omaha Strat map (modified)
Western front v10 data (modified)
over 700 sectors to battle on
79 dedicated maps (700mb download)
Demiurg's BIG map expansion changes to the exe (allowing CC5 sized maps)

#2: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:42 pm
    —
Please post any bugs/suggestions here

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2510734&mpage=1&key=&#2510734

#3: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: vonB PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:10 pm
    —
Yes, we will take this for a spin...

#4: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:40 pm
    —
Definitely will too!

#5: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:22 am
    —
Hmmm
Might have to pull that old CCIII disk out.
Or is this for COI too?

#6: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:02 am
    —
Cross of Iron only

#7: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:10 pm
    —
Played a few last night. Great fun. First battle against Damp was really bloody! I copied over the screenshot but i think it was 20 dead, 21 wounded, 15 captured and 3 shermans burning....so not a good day for the Allies...oh and I pushed him off the map.  Very Happy

#8: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:12 pm
    —
Are the MMCC3 servers stabilized now, no more up and down headaches?

#9: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:22 pm
    —
They are MORE stable. Not 100% though. Matrix had one of their techs email me so we can work on making sure they do stay up all the time.

They've been fairly stable the last few days although you'd have to ask schrecken how often he has to reset them....but I think they are doing much better.

#10: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:51 pm
    —
Update from Oddball

Quote:
Guys the servers have been fixed so please give them a try. Please post back here if you experience any other problems. There is a known issue with port 2109 that we're trying to resolve but the servers should automatically restart if the server resets now.

To remind everyone the IP for multiplayer games is 64.111.28.17 and port numbers 2108, 2109 & 2110.

So seems we should be good to go with the servers auto-resetting if any issues arise.

#11: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:15 pm
    —
They've been good all day today. So far so good.

#12: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:25 am
    —
No matter where I choose to fight on the BO strat map, I have to fight on the same three maps. Second problem, on the second map there is only ever one VL, in control of the enemy, and I have two minutes to capture it after setup.

#13: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:50 am
    —
Quote:
I have to fight on the same three maps

Anyone else seen this... I have 79 maps to battle on

#14: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:01 am
    —
I have different maps, but I did notice VLs that seemed to disappear. It was on a beach map and there were two right next to each other on Map: dogg but then when I played it again later against Damp they were gone. The first game against the AI I routed them off the beach.

#15: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:03 am
    —
It is a feature of MMCC3 that VL's vary , making each map play differently each time you land on it.

#16: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:34 am
    —
Found the culprit. The Virtual Store again! MMCC3op files are being sent to the C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Close Combat\Close Combat III\Games\Save folder.

How do I turn off the virtual store folder?

#17: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:28 am
    —
Servers are still rocking and rolling.

I think things are finally stable again.
Very Happy

#18: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:40 pm
    —
Virtual Store can be disabled by turning off User Account Control (UAC) through User Account options in the Control Panel.

#19: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:33 pm
    —
Attacking force for Allies is always called off. I have gained some complete victories, exited CC after the one game and always get "attacking force was called off" message.

#20: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:21 pm
    —
hmm... Looks like plenty of people are winning maps without the attack being called off.

So, what could you be doing that is making this happen.

have you fixed your virtual store problem?

#21: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:59 am
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
hmm... Looks like plenty of people are winning maps without the attack being called off.

So, what could you be doing that is making this happen.

have you fixed your virtual store problem?

UAC fixed the 1st problem.

Second problem of "attacking force was called off" after veery victory solved now to. Run COI as administrator. Something to do with file permissions.

#22: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:53 pm
    —
MMCC3 crashes everytime I try to attack Pont Du Hoc.

#23: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:12 pm
    —
Matrix thread on subject

They think it might be capitalization of letters in map names.

#24: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: vonB PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:06 am
    —
I believe so.  I seem to recall being confronted by this issue when I developed my own MMCC3 Campaigns....

Unfortunately, this cannot be tweaked on the fly.  If this is the case, then the maps.txt file would need revising and the Campaign restarting from scratch...

Though a thought has just come to me; the Server saves the Campaign when first launched in a file called 'SavedMap (where it allocates Maps to Sectors and some other info).  Probably can edit that with a Hex Editor and change the File Names, in which case all that might need doing is stopping the Server, modifying the file, and then starting it again.  Never tried it though...

#25: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:02 am
    —
Cannot attack Grandcamp German supply depot, results in crash.

#26: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:17 am
    —
I'll check capitalization..... on holidays at the moment though... i can now snowboard .... wooohoooo!

#27: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:44 am
    —
Mooxe

Running as Administrator fixed the virtual store problem in win 7 64bit..... is that correct?

#28: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:16 pm
    —
I'll check capitalization..... on holidays at the moment though... i can now snowboard .... wooohoooo!

Snowboard? It's 93 F here and I'm in New England...where to quote my roommate..."It's New England. It's either hot as balls or cold as fuck."

Laughing

#29: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:18 pm
    —
Mooxe

Running as Administrator fixed the virtual store problem in win 7 64bit..... is that correct?

Win7 32bit. Admin functions lets MMCC3 access files under the /Program Files/ folder. The second part of the solution is turning off User Account Control, which turns off the virtual store, and lets COI save games in the proper folder.

#30: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:50 am
    —
So far after every time I have recieved extra troops from high command, the next battle crashes. I do not have the extra troop points when I relaunch MMCC3.

#31: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:23 am
    —
hmmm.. i definitely have received extra troops and played on as the allies.... but something to look at.

#32: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:07 pm
    —
I've experienced the same problem Mooxe has. So far only once it hasn't crashed...and that's when I added the King Tiger to my BG. The rest of the times I believe it has crashed afterwards.

#33: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:39 am
    —
All my games against German AI are too simple now. The German AI only brings thier commander to the battle.

#34: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:11 am
    —
Yep, a few reports of this.

Haven't checked the updated files from Paladin but AI teams should be updated to never run out of troops.

Ai should get replenished when you move to the next season though... which i don't know how that is set up for BO

#35: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: vonB PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:07 am
    —
Check the setup.txt file...

#36: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:48 pm
    —
Mooxe and I were talking last night and may have stumbled onto something to look at.

I'm pretty sure the Germans get 1 reinforcement without crashing. Every subsequent time they get more troops the game crashes with the resulting upgrades gone.

#37: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:23 pm
    —
Tested a bit last night. I got reinforcements without a crash...but couldn't tell what the reinforcements were. So I cannot confirm it functioned correctly. Is there a table of reinforcement troops?

And Pershings on D-Day?

Good thing I have that King Tiger  Laughing

#38: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:20 pm
    —
Update...it crashed when I first tried to play a game today.

#39: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:46 pm
    —
Reinforcements mean you get more points - nothing more.

#40: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:48 pm
    —
I have a new set of files to upload - but still no access to the servers to switch them off and run the update.

This will also mean a client update - just need to work out the best way to do that.

And find some time....

#41: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: vonB PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:03 am
    —
Will you not have to restart the Campaign?  Not that I have any objection to that, but it would be useful to know what changes are possible without having to restart the Campaign.  In general. it has always seemed necessary to do so if any of the Server configurations have been changed.

#42: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:28 am
    —
Cool can't wait to try them out.

#43: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:52 am
    —
I'll poll the players bith here and matrix before restarting the Beta BO.

If everyone is having too much fun in the current campaign we can wait a bit.

#44: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:07 am
    —
I would restart it. Since we cant eliminate that German depot, its impossible to get anywhere in the North.

#45: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: vonB PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:15 am
    —
You will have to restart it to see how any changes to points allocation will pan out anyway.  I'd say best to restart.

#46: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:44 pm
    —
Yeah restart it. The campaign isn't that far and it is impossible to get the lines to move with that Depot in the north.

#47: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: vonB PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:18 pm
    —
I think that's a restart then Andrew?

#48: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:49 pm
    —
I'm also noticing that whatever day we are now on in the GC, I'm seeing German BGs with King Tigers almost every time and tons of MKIVs.

That as I attack with my Pershings in my BG...

Are these really supposed to be there?

#49: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:45 am
    —
nope

hopefully the new files correct that... i haven't had time to check.

#50: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:41 am
    —
ETA when you can start the bloody war over?  Razz

#51: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:58 am
    —
At the moment I have no access to the servers to switch on and Off.

Haven't had since the "Fix".

Lucky to get BO beta up 1 day before they were fixed.

Benn corresponding with the tech responsible and we're trying to work it out.

#52: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: enr PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:48 pm
    —
Hi dudes!!

I am trying to connect to Bloddy Omaha  MMCC3 but I don't know where to put the rigth IP. Any help?

Thx and hope to cu in the battlefield.

#53: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:17 pm
    —
Launch MMCC3 and in the server address put in 64.111.28.17 for the IP. The port for BO is 2108.

#54: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: vonB PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:48 pm
    —
Let's hope they don't take as long this time...

#55: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:31 am
    —
If need be I'll drop a line through the Helpdesk...just give me the word.

#56: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:53 am
    —
No hurry just yet.. I've got a bit of file sorting to do.

#57: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: enr PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:54 pm
    —
OUAH this rules!!!

But I have just played vs IA making progress optimazing losses hehe.

When I know if there's a human player who want to join ?

#58: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:39 pm
    —
you can see how many people are online by looking at the Opponents and Allies counter below the map. It will show 1 for yourself and then add more for others online. You can see where others are playing on the map by the icons.

Open games you can see because it will be yellow and say "game waiting" and you can choose to join the game. The host is then given the option to either accept or decline battle.

#59: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: vonB PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:48 pm
    —
Also keep in mind that the Server refeshes your display periodically.  When you first connect, you might not get a true list of how many players there are.  Just wait a little, and it will update...

#60: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: enr PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:33 pm
    —
Ok. Just one more question. I have to select always to play vs AI so then i can create a host in CC3, rigth?

Thx for your answers Wink

#61: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:16 pm
    —
No if you play against a person you will just need to then launch COI after you get the MMCC3 window telling you to launch the game.

#62: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:54 am
    —
New Bloody Omaha MMCC3 Client available

1. Using Modswap uninstall BO MMCC3 client

2. Download new client and unzip to your \plugins folder

3. Use Modswap to install

4. Launch MMCC3 and play on port 2108

Get it here:   http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/CoI/coimods.html

#63: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:02 am
    —
There are 3 new maps available for automatic download when you click on their sector.

Many other fixed maps have been randomized now.

Each Battle now models 1 hour (previously 4 hours)

Less points available
Less Barrage available
Less reinforcements available

Server should re-set itself and campaign restart within the next 24 hours.

You will need the new client updated 20 July by then.

#64: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:04 am
    —
Rarity tweaked,,, so should see lees/none Pershings etc.

Should not see British troops

Should not see SS or FJ troops

#65: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:02 pm
    —
Awesome! Will give it a test later.

#66: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: vonB PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:58 pm
    —
That sounds better!  But then, that is what 'testing' is all about is it not?  Look forward to playing with Rev 2, though don't have much time Sad

#67: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: enr PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:29 pm
    —
There's no german troops to slect at all. They are all depleted...

#68: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:18 pm
    —
Please wait for the server to be reset to 6 June 1944

#69: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:24 am
    —
Still August 28th

#70: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:52 am
    —
Server reset 6th June 1944 6am

CoI and Op_Mars reset too.

#71: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:20 pm
    —
Seems good so far...except Allied AI BG's really go Sherman heavy. I had one game where the AI picked all DDs except for 2 or 3 units. But I remember you saying that's because the AI takes the best units first.

#72: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: vonB PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:33 pm
    —
Wouldn't you?

Yes, that's the way the AI operates.  Stacks up as many of the best Units it can first.  With CC3/CoI this does tend to lead to armour heavy engagements if there are sufficient points knocking around...

#73: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:31 pm
    —
Trying to work out what's happening with points.

Paladin has set 20 points per day in the update... so CoI/MMCC3 thinks it knows better and is pumping up the points.

But you should be able to whittle down the shermans.....

I'm playing as allies and there are plenty of german beasts roaming the fields and beachs.

I've maxed out with 2 x command shemans and 2 x DD tanks... no more armour aavailable as the human player..... yet

#74: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:01 pm
    —
I've lost a MKIII and StuG with no replacements available....

Going to play some tonight so I'll let you know...

With regards to points...

Do the points shown in MMCC3 reflect those seen in game? Because I've noticed inconsistencies between the two.

#75: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:13 pm
    —
I will unleash myself upon the Germans tonite.

#76: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: vonB PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:46 pm
    —
#Points: day month year battleIsMinutes germanPoints germanAmmo sovietPoints sovietAmmo

Is that the setup.txt being used? (with BattleIsMinutes being 30 not 60?).

Dundradel, it may not be the case, but an obvious (apparant) discrepancy may be due to the way MMCC3 adjusts for AI play.  Each battle you win, it reduces the points available to you.  If you lose a Battle, it increases them.

In additon, the Server is also factoring in:

AIPointBonusPercent:

How many more points will AI get for example:
if AIPointBonusPercent: 300 then
  if player would get 50 points AI will get 3 times as much = 150

and

MaxAgainstAIPenalty:

if MaxAgainstAIPenalty: 50 then in the worst case player would get 50% of points against AI

Add to that the somewhat curious way the CC3/CoI Game itself can allocate points, and you often do not get exactly what you might expect... (don't ask me exactly how the Game Engine handles this, I don't know...)

#77: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:21 am
    —
ye that's the setup txt with 30 min battles.

points have been reduced quite a bit from original beta release.

#78: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:12 am
    —
portb crashes when I attack it as Allies. Java error even before I go into game.

#79: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: ograndoLocation: Treviso - Italy PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:56 am
    —
First I must install "Western front v10"?

Is this the correct installation procedures?
- Western front v10
- BloodyOmaha_MMCC3_Client
- manual copy maps

#80: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:54 am
    —
No

Just the BloodyOmaha_MMCC3_Client and the maps

#81: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:00 pm
    —
A new mappack went up today with 93 maps

portb is amongst the fixed maps..... see below for the others

I

Some map updates for those unable to get them through mmcc3

This should get rid of the java error with these maps

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/closecombatcrossofiron/maps/BOMMCC3/Jville.zip

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/closecombatcrossofiron/maps/BOMMCC3/Longuevi.zip

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/closecombatcrossofiron/maps/BOMMCC3/PointeH.zip
ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/closecombatcrossofiron/maps/BOMMCC3/PontduH.zip
ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/closecombatcrossofiron/maps/BOMMCC3/PortB.zip
ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/closecombatcrossofiron/maps/BOMMCC3/StHonor.zip
ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/closecombatcrossofiron/maps/BOMMCC3/INBasly.zip
ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/closecombatcrossofiron/maps/BOMMCC3/Thaon.zip

#82: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:54 pm
    —
Besides the maps, is there anything else we are waiting on to be fixed?

#83: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:01 pm
    —
Ui interface says russians being changed to allies.

A couple of reports of team data errors

Anything from your end?

maybe a reduction in points available to both sides

Paladin wants to exand the number of maps as much as possible... I told him to look at Buck's maps for scheldte...should be a few there that are suitable

#84: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:06 pm
    —
I guess GJS MMCC3 is next... with a few available i can cycle them through as they complete.

Need CC4/CC5/WaR/tLD/LSA nice looking strats coupled with CC3 mod data

Candidates

Meuse
Afrika
Kursk
Winter War
Stalingrad

any others?

#85: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:04 pm
    —
When you go to map preview while selecting your troops, whats shown on the map does not match the deploy.

#86: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: vonB PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:45 pm
    —
I had noticed that.  I suspect that may be because there are 2 different processes at work.  One being MMCC3, and the other CC, but this is guesswork.

Just have to live with the Deployment screens for the real thing, unless someone else finds out the cause and it is fixable (or the author intervenes, which doesn't seem likely).

#87: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:22 pm
    —
Quote:
One being MMCC3, and the other CC, but this is guesswork.

That's my best guess too... so I haven't been previewing.. it's a bonus difficulty level upgrade.

#88: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: vonB PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:44 pm
    —
The MMCCIII Bo Front...

Campaign2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  608.63 KB
 Viewed:  8399 Time(s)

Campaign2.jpg

#89: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:01 am
    —
Did you have to take multiple screenshots and stitch them together?

#90: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:23 am
    —
Go the allies!

#91: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: vonB PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:43 am
    —
Yes, multiple screenshots stitched together.

#92: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: vonB PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:44 pm
    —
Well either someone has been hammering the surrounded units or they have started surrendering on their own (which is what we should see happening sporadically).  Gonna have to surround another bunch otherwise where am I going to rest my units?   Wink

I am going to keep battering away as Allies for a while until I defect to the Gerries for the counter attacks...  Cool

#93: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:29 pm
    —
16 June - Allies still advancing

15 June found the Axis AI with very little fight in them... rarity checked and fine but maybe points are just too low???

#94: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:31 am
    —
NEW CAMPAIGN STARTED TODAY

D-Day 6th June

Bloody Omaha 4.1 beta

Download the BOMMCC3 Client here

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/CoI/coimods.html

#95: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Nistenf PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:01 am
    —
Can I play this in single player?

#96: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:19 am
    —
just log and play - yes.

#97: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Nistenf PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:25 pm
    —
Thanks, but I mean single player like with the original MMCC3 where I have my campaign and only I play on it, is it possible?

#98: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:20 pm
    —
you will have to convert it yourself

#99: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Nistenf PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:53 pm
    —
Any tips on how to do it?

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1