Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

#21: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:59 am
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
hmm... Looks like plenty of people are winning maps without the attack being called off.

So, what could you be doing that is making this happen.

have you fixed your virtual store problem?

UAC fixed the 1st problem.

Second problem of "attacking force was called off" after veery victory solved now to. Run COI as administrator. Something to do with file permissions.

#22: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:53 pm
    —
MMCC3 crashes everytime I try to attack Pont Du Hoc.

#23: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:12 pm
    —
Matrix thread on subject

They think it might be capitalization of letters in map names.

#24: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: vonB PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:06 am
    —
I believe so.  I seem to recall being confronted by this issue when I developed my own MMCC3 Campaigns....

Unfortunately, this cannot be tweaked on the fly.  If this is the case, then the maps.txt file would need revising and the Campaign restarting from scratch...

Though a thought has just come to me; the Server saves the Campaign when first launched in a file called 'SavedMap (where it allocates Maps to Sectors and some other info).  Probably can edit that with a Hex Editor and change the File Names, in which case all that might need doing is stopping the Server, modifying the file, and then starting it again.  Never tried it though...

#25: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:02 am
    —
Cannot attack Grandcamp German supply depot, results in crash.

#26: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:17 am
    —
I'll check capitalization..... on holidays at the moment though... i can now snowboard .... wooohoooo!

#27: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:44 am
    —
Mooxe

Running as Administrator fixed the virtual store problem in win 7 64bit..... is that correct?

#28: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:16 pm
    —
I'll check capitalization..... on holidays at the moment though... i can now snowboard .... wooohoooo!

Snowboard? It's 93 F here and I'm in New England...where to quote my roommate..."It's New England. It's either hot as balls or cold as fuck."

Laughing

#29: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:18 pm
    —
Mooxe

Running as Administrator fixed the virtual store problem in win 7 64bit..... is that correct?

Win7 32bit. Admin functions lets MMCC3 access files under the /Program Files/ folder. The second part of the solution is turning off User Account Control, which turns off the virtual store, and lets COI save games in the proper folder.

#30: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:50 am
    —
So far after every time I have recieved extra troops from high command, the next battle crashes. I do not have the extra troop points when I relaunch MMCC3.

#31: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:23 am
    —
hmmm.. i definitely have received extra troops and played on as the allies.... but something to look at.

#32: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:07 pm
    —
I've experienced the same problem Mooxe has. So far only once it hasn't crashed...and that's when I added the King Tiger to my BG. The rest of the times I believe it has crashed afterwards.

#33: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:39 am
    —
All my games against German AI are too simple now. The German AI only brings thier commander to the battle.

#34: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:11 am
    —
Yep, a few reports of this.

Haven't checked the updated files from Paladin but AI teams should be updated to never run out of troops.

Ai should get replenished when you move to the next season though... which i don't know how that is set up for BO

#35: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: vonB PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:07 am
    —
Check the setup.txt file...

#36: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:48 pm
    —
Mooxe and I were talking last night and may have stumbled onto something to look at.

I'm pretty sure the Germans get 1 reinforcement without crashing. Every subsequent time they get more troops the game crashes with the resulting upgrades gone.

#37: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:23 pm
    —
Tested a bit last night. I got reinforcements without a crash...but couldn't tell what the reinforcements were. So I cannot confirm it functioned correctly. Is there a table of reinforcement troops?

And Pershings on D-Day?

Good thing I have that King Tiger  Laughing

#38: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:20 pm
    —
Update...it crashed when I first tried to play a game today.

#39: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:46 pm
    —
Reinforcements mean you get more points - nothing more.

#40: Re: Bloody Omaha MMCC3 mod BETA by Paladin - ready to test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:48 pm
    —
I have a new set of files to upload - but still no access to the servers to switch them off and run the update.

This will also mean a client update - just need to work out the best way to do that.

And find some time....

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 5