MAfi´s BTD Editor, a great tool, good work Mafi
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: MAfi´s BTD Editor, a great tool, good work Mafi Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:31 pm
    —
Today I have been playing around this fantastic tool and really I must say, this is very good, with it you can make a new strategic map and edit all the btd very easily and very fast, I think that with it a mod conversion to one of the new remake CC can be made on 48 hours slowly and taking your time. A new mod with a new strategic map can takes more time but the tool will help you with it.

Well done Mafi.  Very Happy

#2: Re: MAfi´s BTD Editor, a great tool, good work Mafi Author: MafiLocation: Germany PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:58 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
Today ... Well done Mafi.  Very Happy

Hello Nomada,
thanks for the feedback and the compliments. It is a year ago I made my last debuggings on this tool. Currently I'm humbling around to update RtBTool a little bit. 5CC is already tuned-up...

Cordially
Mafi

preview-5cc-treeimageoverlay.jpg
 Description:
new feature in 5CC 2010...
 Filesize:  112.49 KB
 Viewed:  7257 Time(s)

preview-5cc-treeimageoverlay.jpg

#3: Re: MAfi´s BTD Editor, a great tool, good work Mafi Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:40 am
    —
Thank you Mafi your tools help immensely!!!!

#4: BTD Editor update v1.03 Author: MafiLocation: Germany PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:14 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):

Hello Nomada,

as you already noticed, the Stratmap.txt file changed in it's file format for LSA:
- no SENAME entry,
- unsorted connection arrow table.

This requires an update of my BTD-Editor, which is now online. You can use it also for a conversion ofthe Stratmap.txt-file between WaR/TLD and LSA:

http://www.ftf.claranet.de/

Cheers and thanks for suggesting...
Mafi

#5: Re: MAfi´s BTD Editor, a great tool, good work Mafi Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:45 pm
    —
Yes I saw it and the problem when it is used loading LSA strat file, this is not too bad and I asked on matrix about where is the semap entries, I have not seen the other data files but I suppose that game uses always the same position and size for this.

But thanks by the upgrade, without your tools modding would be impossible.

#6: Re: Mafi´s BTD Editor *** v1.06 now Author: MafiLocation: Germany PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:47 am
    —
Hello to all here,

the BTD-Editor got another update, v1.06 now online,
- extended integrated help system,
- copy/paste functionality debugged
- added unpack/repack of GDG and PIX, taken over from RtBTool

http://www.ftf.claranet.de/

Cheers
Mafi

#7: Re: MAfi´s BTD Editor, a great tool, good work Mafi Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:17 pm
    —
Thanks Mafi, a fantastic tool the keeps getting better!

#8: Re: MAfi´s BTD Editor, a great tool, good work Mafi Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:15 pm
    —
Thank you Mafi....  Very Happy

#9: Re: MAfi´s BTD Editor, a great tool, good work Mafi Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:37 pm
    —
Thanks Mafi!

#10: Re: MAfi´s BTD Editor, a great tool, good work Mafi Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:17 am
    —
Hello,
I thought I recalled when BTD Editor came out one was able to add VL's over top existing VL's with no name and also being able to add/increase that new VL's points.
I want to be able to add invisible VL's over top of the Exit VL's but when I load said Map again I get this error message.

Is this not an option for anymore for WaR?

UO0112.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  242.77 KB
 Viewed:  7080 Time(s)

UO0112.jpg

#11: Re: MAfi´s BTD Editor, a great tool, good work Mafi Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:55 pm
    —
In your picture everything is off by one column;
name = 100
Points = 0
X = 2
Y = -1
Exit =""

For the name instead of leaving it blank try a space " " and put the other values back into the proper columns. If space doesn't work try a period "."

It should work and make the AI go after the exit VL's because of the unnamed VL raising the value of the spot on the map....

#12: Re: MAfi´s BTD Editor, a great tool, good work Mafi Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:40 pm
    —
I will try the space or . and see what happens.
The pic shows how the program loads the map after being saved with using a blank name.

Edit:
Looks like that will work.
thanks

#13: Re: MAfi´s BTD Editor, a great tool, good work Mafi Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:07 pm
    —
Glad to hear that worked for you....

#14: Re: MAfi´s BTD Editor, a great tool, good work Mafi Author: Rek PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:08 am
    —
it´s a great tool, thanks!!

#15: Re: MAfi´s BTD Editor, a great tool, good work Mafi Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:05 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
It should work and make the AI go after the exit VL's because of the unnamed VL raising the value of the spot on the map....

Presumably VL values can be added together like currency, giving intermediate values?

#16: Re: MAfi´s BTD Editor, a great tool, good work Mafi Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:19 pm
    —
Is there any chance a future update might include a copy/paste option from Word or Notepad into the "Briefing Text's"?
I'm also curious as to what Fonts the Briefing Text can support?

Also wouldn't mind having both the Edit VL and drag VL combined,I keep having to jump back and forth between the two.

If possible great,if not it's still a great tool.

Thanks for creating it.

#17: Re: MAfi´s BTD Editor, a great tool, good work Mafi Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:16 pm
    —
Edit:

Never mind,
Figured it out

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1