normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: hookah PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:21 am
    —
After starting a GC with a friend, we noticed that playin on normal speed (like we always have) makes taking most of the bridges extremely hard for the Allies to take. I wish there was a way for the demo timer to be adjusted according to what game speed you set. I think most people opt to play on fast anyways, but it would be nice Smile

#2: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:33 am
    —
Is it timer based?

I thought it's just like a button to press.

I had bridges blown up a sec. before I take them, sometimes with the troops actually on them...

#3: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:06 am
    —
Play as the Germans and you will see

#4: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: Dauphin PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:08 am
    —
See p65. Come on, do you expect this game to be easy. You can take a bridge does not mean that german troops won't defend it and just flee without blowing it. Here is the whome fun. Now you are facing difficulty

#5: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: hookah PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:52 pm
    —
I never said i expect the game to be easy, and I'm playin axis in our GC. All im saying is that there are a couple maps where it would be impossible for the allied player to even make a dead run at the bridge and make it there with time left.
 We did continue our GC last night with speed set to fast, and I had a blast, so the problem really doesn't even apply to me anymore.

#6: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:53 pm
    —
Fast = Normal speed

#7: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:24 am
    —
i think some bridges were impossible to be taken in real life also...

#8: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: Laszlo PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:09 pm
    —
Hi!

I think the system is wrong because when the germans blow up the bridge, they automatically lost, but it shouldnt mean it. Do you know any patch or something to avoid this problem?
Thanks!

Laszlo

#9: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:54 pm
    —
You could change the following line in the campaign.txt file;

# Force retreat on bridge demolition (1 = yes, 0 = no)

#10: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: Laszlo PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:28 pm
    —
Thanks, but my campaign.txt file doesnt have this sentence and when I type it the program will close after a few seconds Sad

#11: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:54 am
    —
Where did you buy your copy of LSA?

#12: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:55 am
    —
I only failed to take 2 bridges in the entire campaign - H2H

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2632995

#13: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: Aetius PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:03 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
You could change the following line in the campaign.txt file;

# Force retreat on bridge demolition (1 = yes, 0 = no)

I've searched in the campaign.txt file in the BASE folder to change this setting but can't find this line?

Is this setting removed in later versions? My version of LSA (legaly purchased) is patched to 5.60.01b.

#14: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: Edward75Location: Russia, St. Petersburg PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:44 pm
    —
FAST = Not Normal speed. Fast - Unrealistic speed of fire weapons, reloading weapons, movement of units, etc...
Although I know that everyone (default) like to play Fast, but fast is not normal speed.

#15: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:29 am
    —
SCHREKEN IS MY HERO  Rolling Eyes

#16: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:58 pm
    —
Quote:
I've searched in the campaign.txt file in the BASE folder to change this setting but can't find this line?

it's the last line in campaign .txt

#17: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:47 pm
    —
If it is not the last line in campaign.txt install the latest beta patch as it might have been added later...

#18: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: Aetius PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:34 am
    —
I've checked again and the last line (line 238) is a 1 from the #crossing sites chapter.

I'll wait unitil i've finished my current campaign before installing the most recent upgrade.

Thanks for the help.

#19: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:57 am
    —
I haven't captured a bridge yet, push hard take horrendus casualties but never get there in time, I am playing on the hardest settings though. XXX Corps has got a lot of fixing to do.

#20: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:03 pm
    —
The hardest setting does make it harder as the timer is tied to the difficulty settings....

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2