Question about Victory Locations
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: Question about Victory Locations Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:58 pm
    —
The old BTD:s had if i recall right three different values. 50 p for entry/exit locations, 100 p for minor VL-flags and 200 for major VL:s. Noticed that in LSA many maps has no high value VL:s?

What is the value for victory locations in LSA? i thought that the AI was keen on moving against major VL locations but i could be wrong??

#2: Re: Question about Victory Locations Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 pm
    —
Correct Sap.

You will see many 200pt VL's in the BTD's   (easily editable with notepad)..... these will be seen as priorities.

Additionally a new feature of LSA is the #Bridges section of campaign.txt  (easily editable with notepad)

This not only defines the position of destructible bridges but the exe has been rewritten to give greater priority to the bridges.

#3: Re: Question about Victory Locations Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:42 pm
    —
Quote:
What is the value for victory locations in LSA?

Never been easier to see Sap... just open with any spreadsheet program or notepad.

#4: Re: Question about Victory Locations Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:35 am
    —
Thankyou for the answer  Smile  If i understands this correctly..there is 200P VL:s on the map even if its not shown on the map? I have seen VL:s (cant recall mapname) showing big text as before?

I agree its easy to see them in wordpad (or excell) but wouldnt it be nice to see them on the battlefield? There isnt bridges on every map Wink

Its to hot here..maybe my brain isnt working correctly.. Very Happy

#5: Re: Question about Victory Locations Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:37 am
    —
Sounds like his modding finger is itching... Shocked

#6: Re: Question about Victory Locations Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:40 am
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):

He he Mr Cameron Very Happy..maybe you have a point there Wink

Mats

#7: Re: Question about Victory Locations Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:00 am
    —
open the first 3 btd'a alphabetically...200pt VL's there

ArnNorth...

The North Arnhem map.

The VL named North Arnhem is 200pts and Big text

Couldn't be clearer Sap as it hasn't changed in over 10 years.

Stick at it son, you'll get the hang of it.

#8: Re: Question about Victory Locations Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:02 am
    —
Quote:

I'd suggest opening the window of the Volvo, obviously an exhaust leak.

#9: Re: Question about Victory Locations Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:09 am
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Quote:

I'd suggest opening the window of the Volvo, obviously an exhaust leak.

You are probably right, but its smell of fuel... Rolling Eyes

#10: Re: Question about Victory Locations Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:14 am
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
open the first 3 btd'a alphabetically...200pt VL's there

ArnNorth...

The North Arnhem map.

The VL named North Arnhem is 200pts and Big text

Couldn't be clearer Sap as it hasn't changed in over 10 years.

Stick at it son, you'll get the hang of it.

I have to ask again, sorry! if i change the VL on bridges to 200P, does this mean that the AI (allies)maybe could be more aggresive to take the bridge before i blow it? i think they sometimes just are camping Wink

#11: Re: Question about Victory Locations Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:56 am
    —
You certainly could try it

#12: Re: Question about Victory Locations Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:09 am
    —
Now i have used my PC with "telephone" memory to change all the bridge BTD:s to 200p Very Happy

Used the unsupported BTD edit program to view the BGM:s, now we will se what happens to the "camping" AI... Smile

#13: Re: Question about Victory Locations Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:46 am
    —
Sapa wrote (View Post):
southern_land wrote (View Post):

He he Mr Cameron Very Happy..maybe you have a point there Wink

Mats

I'll have to send you some more pretty pictures

#14: Re: Question about Victory Locations Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:59 pm
    —
Yes please!  Very Happy

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1