Battle editor
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: Battle editor Author: zon PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:06 am
    —
I had hoped this release would include a more robust scenario editor to create single battles with control of VLs, deploy zones, req points, etc. (Kind of like that old game called CC2.) Maybe in a future update???

#2: Re: Battle editor Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:57 am
    —
It has certainly expanded i's capabilities... check the manual.

Not up to CCMT though, I'm afraid.

#3: Re: Battle editor Author: zon PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:19 pm
    —
The manual? Hey, nice feature!

You guys have done so much to enhance the strategic level but continue to ignore the CC constituency (how big, how small I don't know these days but it could be encouraged) that prefers the battle of wits of H2H play on well thought-out deploy zones and with the rock, scissor and paper elements you can get with units bought purely through req points. With the game going back to the MG op, now would have been the perfect time for rebuilding these elements into the game.

I'm about six battles into a campaign and I am already bored of wondering about on massive maps looking for the enemy as I break out of my tiny box deploy area. I played a game last night where I swear I didn't see an enemy soldier for 15 minutes of manoeuvring about taking VLs.

Hey, I don't mean to be harsh, just my opinion. I'm sure many see it differently.

#4: Re: Battle editor Author: zon PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:23 pm
    —
zon wrote (View Post):
... bored of wondering about on massive maps ...

That would be wandering, though I am wondering too. Am I missing the edit post function on this board?

#5: Re: Battle editor Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:47 pm
    —
Its been disabled for creeps.  Wink

JUST KIDDING  Exclamation

Wandering and Wondering, I have been telling em for years. Ze maps need to be smaller.  Idea

When I am gaming, I like to SHOOT and KILL. I don't like wandering or wondering around the battlefield.  Confused

#6: Re: Battle editor Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:22 pm
    —
zon

mod 1 is a small maps mod    Smile

#7: Re: Battle editor Author: zon PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:30 am
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
zon

mod 1 is a small maps mod    Smile

Sounds interesting!

#8: Re: Battle editor Author: zon PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:38 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
Its been disabled for creeps.  Wink

JUST KIDDING  Exclamation

Reporting for duty, thank you.

#9: Re: Battle editor Author: vonB PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:05 pm
    —
zon has hit on the essence of CC and why it is so compelling.  This has little to do with the quality of CC. but an illustration of human nature.

Its a fascinating debate...

#10: Re: Battle editor Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:19 pm
    —
I've got no problem with big maps as i think it allows more tacticle flexability in H2H games.

Too much for the AI to handle though.

#11: Re: Battle editor Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:35 pm
    —
buuface wrote (View Post):
I've got no problem with big maps as i think it allows more tacticle flexability in H2H games.

Too much for the AI to handle though.

Can only agree with the previous speaker. Cool

#12: Re: Battle editor Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:33 pm
    —
zon wrote (View Post):

I'm about six battles into a campaign and I am already bored of wondering about on massive maps looking for the enemy as I break out of my tiny box deploy area. I played a game last night where I swear I didn't see an enemy soldier for 15 minutes of manoeuvring about taking VLs.

You can wait one future LSA-ABTF mod with the same number of maps than the original CC2 but with the new maps. I´m sure that this will have a better strategy.
Of course I will add the same teams and battlegroups from previous CCWAR-ABTF mod and with only two turns, one night turn and one day turn. This will be one of the new mods that I will make for this game, more of them are big conversions.

About scenario editor on LSA, it is many better, with the shift key you will see a small window where you can select the enter positions for both sides.

#13: Re: Battle editor Author: zon PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:09 am
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
zon wrote (View Post):

You can wait one future LSA-ABTF mod with the same number of maps than the original CC2 but with the new maps. I´m sure that this will have a better strategy.
Of course I will add the same teams and battlegroups from previous CCWAR-ABTF mod and with only two turns, one night turn and one day turn. This will be one of the new mods that I will make for this game, more of them are big conversions.

About scenario editor on LSA, it is many better, with the shift key you will see a small window where you can select the enter positions for both sides.

Thanks, NF. Good find on the shift key. Can't say I can locate that in the manual. I've added a gazillion points to a test scenario but can't seem to buy anything extra from the forcepool.

#14: Re: Battle editor Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:59 am
    —
Yes pressing Shift and clicking on the map of single battle allows you to set the entry VL for each BG and the points for each BG.

Note:
- The default units do not change when starting the battle you must sell your units and use the points to buy more and or more expensive units
- The battle group strength points entered are affected by the difficulty level; Recruit 140%, Green 120%, Line 100%, Veteran 80% and Elite 60%.

#15: Re: Battle editor Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:49 pm
    —
:D

That sounds MORE! like it !   :)

Zon post said it all......  for me.  :)

Individual battles are the B all !  The Best!  

And with the new maps ! WELL!  The Game (any CC game) Shelf (playability) Life is just prolonged that much more !

Tks All!

#16: Re: Battle editor Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:56 pm
    —
Go Normada  Exclamation

#17: Re: Battle editor Author: zon PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:56 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Yes pressing Shift and clicking on the map of single battle allows you to set the entry VL for each BG and the points for each BG.

Note:
- The default units do not change when starting the battle you must sell your units and use the points to buy more and or more expensive units
- The battle group strength points entered are affected by the difficulty level; Recruit 140%, Green 120%, Line 100%, Veteran 80% and Elite 60%.

Thanks, Tejszd. The req point system seems to be broken though. Adding 600 points, for example, gives me an extra 70 or so points in one 200-plus point force, on recruit. You can just use only so many points, it seems. I may be missing something, but this feature appears to be seriously hobbled.

#18: Re: Battle editor Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:07 am
    —
Have you checked any chages in points with difficulty settings Zon?

#19: Re: Battle editor Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:10 am
    —
Just tested and it is working....

Tried with 4 BG's on line vs line

And the strength # (value of units already active/selected) + Battlegroup Point Pool # (unused points) = equaled the proper amount for each BG

#20: Re: Battle editor Author: zon PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:28 am
    —
The points you can allocate appear to max out. Say you put 1,200 into the field (just to test the program), you don't necessarily get those points, even on recruit. Secondly, there are often team slots that are unavailable, so you can't get a full battlegroup and spend your points.

I think single battles should be editable so you can have a full slate of teams and the exact points you enter in the scenario editor. Sorry if I am being obtuse but maybe we are looking for different results.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2