Can't reinstall CC5
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Can't reinstall CC5 Author: flick PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:00 pm
    —
I've deleted every file I can find, and I've cleaned out all cookies.

But when I put the CD and click install, it just tells me that I can completely delete all components and such like. There's another install file, but that's not reconsigned and is an INX file.

I've also deleted the mod files and the program that implements them.

#2: Re: Can't reinstall CC5 Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:54 pm
    —
Try using a third party uninstaller software.
CCleaner is free and works great.

#3: Re: Can't reinstall CC5 Author: flick PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:02 pm
    —
I tried that program, and I still can't install, it just says components are ready to delete, I still have some old CC saves, will they have to go as well?

#4: Re: Can't reinstall CC5 Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:20 pm
    —
Open up regedit.exe, search and remove all entried for Invasion Normandy. It should work, done this many times.

#5: Re: Can't reinstall CC5 Author: flick PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:29 pm
    —
Tried that, still no luck. I'll keep searching..after all these years playing, and I look like a newb. Laughing

#6: Re: Can't reinstall CC5 Author: flick PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:46 pm
    —
Hmmm, I get the install option on my main load up screen now, but when I try and install I still get the 'Remove selected parts' section.

#7: Re: Can't reinstall CC5 Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:06 pm
    —
This thread should be useful to you Flick. http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4470&highlight=

#8: Re: Can't reinstall CC5 Author: flick PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:00 pm
    —
Phew, I feel like I've done an eight hour open heart surgery on my laptop.  I think the problem was I deleted the game, with a mod still installed.
Anyway, cheers gents.
Jim.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1