Editing AT gun team data
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: Editing AT gun team data Author: Priapus PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:40 am
    —
Can anyone help me edit the said data to increase crew and gun logevity i.e. their susceptibility to mortar attacks. I feel it's the biggest flaw in the game. I want the crew to abandon the gun during a mortar attack and return after the attack has ceased, which can be best represented by the teams being suppressed rather than dying. Any help would be much appreciated (I really have no idea what file to tamper with or what data to change).

#2: Re: Editing AT gun team data Author: diggin.robatLocation: Land of the krauts PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:32 pm
    —
Well, I´m sure it´s not possible to mod the drew to desert the gun hen under attack and return when it´s over. But you can try to change the gun´s characteristics in weapons.txt to make it less "volatile" and have it smaller to make it harder to hit. As far as I can remember you can change in the coloumn "Integrity" the value to something more then shown and I think there was something like "size" in square meters which can be reduced. With a higher integry the gun shouldn´t brew up that easily. I think I did it for CC3 GW and was quite satisfied with the outcome.

cheers

diggin

#3: Re: Editing AT gun team data Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:20 pm
    —
Check your PM.

#4: Re: Editing AT gun team data Author: graves101Location: Ontario PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:50 pm
    —
Thanks, you guys, Priapus does a good job positioning his guns to aid in his attacks/defense. And they do their job well. But even with a single mortar, I can routinely pop them again and again, sometimes I even hold off doing so as I feel bad for the poor ATGs, so vulnerable as they are. It seems a shame that they blow up so easily. I assume the crews' vulnerability is because they're probably considered to be in a "standing" position, as they are kneeling and operating the gun. Maybe it would be better to put them as "prone", so more than half the crew won't die in a single mortar blast. Also, it seems the gun itself is knocked out pretty easily, seems a bit strange that a metal reinforced cannon is ruined from just an HE shell. I'm guessing it's the ammo pile that gets hit and erupts, making the cannon useless?

Even with British 2" mortars, which usually contains only 18 rounds, I can knock out a gun at 200m almost every time.

#5: Re: Editing AT gun team data Author: vonB PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:12 am
    —
Yes, the homing mortars are an issue, and you can emulate that with vehicles and open topped armour.

A bit too deadly, particularly when firing indirect.  No reason why you shouldn't expect the odd direct hit, but in balance it seems to effective.  Suppress by all means, but then I think the kill factor is a bit too high in the game generally (especially tanks .v. Infantry) unless it is really at close quarters when you would expect higher strike rates.

As the Crew and Gun are 'unified' until the gun is destroyed or the crew flee if their morale breaks, you can't command the crew seperately.  It would be a good option to have, but I think the Code issues will likely prevent that happening with the current CC engine, though CCM (CCMT etc) does have mount dismount, but then the vehicle crew are still welded to the vehicle and behave the same as any other CC.

#6: Re: Editing AT gun team data Author: Priapus PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:25 am
    —
Yeah, I often find my poor Marders blown to pieces by mortar fire. Same goes for my halftracks. An infantry support vehicle that is completely unable to resist mortar fire. Dima has kindly offered to remedy this problem and edit the ATG data so it's akin to that of TRSM. I'd be happy to upload the files if anyone else interested. Thanks Dima!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1