CC Players 4 H2H Gaming
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: CC Players 4 H2H Gaming Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:07 am
    —
Ever since the online play slumped and the MSN Zone Dropped Close Combat Series it has been a real headache to get games. Many have tried to replace the Zone with other places to play, nothing has really worked too well to unite the CC players. I think this long term problem can be fixed and the CC players who meet here at CC.Net can come up with  a solution.

I have all the Old CC games and all the new Matrix CC released. Right now I play on Gameranger.com which supports a few of the CC games and requests have been made to add the newer Matrix releases. I can play Cross of Iron great at Gameranger only problem is very few people can be found there. I never find a game with Hamachi or Gamespy or the others. I think with more player support Gameranger could be a solution for the h2h headaches CC players face. What are your thoughts and hopes on this subject?

#2: Re: CC Players 4 H2H Gaming Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:37 am
    —
I have also requested to Scott Kevill that he try and add more of the titles. Hamachi is having problems with Windows 7. On GR we need a common chat room tho...

#3: Re: CC Players 4 H2H Gaming Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:17 am
    —
Gameranger.com currently supports the following CC games:

Close Combat
Close Combat Demo
Close Combat: Cross of Iron
Close Combat: Invasion Normandy
Close Combat: Invasion Normandy Demo
Close Combat: Modern Tactics
Close Combat II
Close Combat II Demo
Close Combat III
Close Combat III Demo
Close Combat IV
Close Combat IV Demo

I have had no problems playing COI and CCMT on GR so I would assume that once Scott K adds TLD, WAR, and CCArnhem, they would likely work just as well. GR has a public chat and members can create a temporary Close Combat Chat right now.  I imagine a dedicated CC Room could be created by GR but we would likely need both the new games added and a new active group of CC players to demonstrate intrest.

Gameranger has a forum thread for players requesting new games to be added. It might speed the prospects up for adding the new CC games if multiple players requested it there.

Does GR hold the best prospects for uniting CC H2H gaming? Whats the status now on Battle HQ and Gamespy?

#4: Re: CC Players 4 H2H Gaming Author: Ost_KinsK PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:22 am
    —
GR or GS here

#5: Re: CC Players 4 H2H Gaming Author: AshurnasirpalLocation: washington PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:08 am
    —
I like to play ccIII but nobody is ever on game ranger. I tried to find the gamespy client, but gave up after many fruitless attempts. I have never heard of Hamachi so I assume they must be like gamespy: a stupid site with lots of bs, and a client I can't find.

#6: Re: CC Players 4 H2H Gaming Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:13 am
    —
gameranger

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1