Mods & Grand Campaigns
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

#1: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:50 am
    —
Wagner - Gotterdammerung (Twilight of the Gods)
https://youtu.be/f1nybhZ2q58

One day a new Cross of Iron Mod will be made and achieve Glory!

Until then, let's get all the Close Combat III mods ported to Cross of Iron.  Very Happy

CROSS OF IRON MODS AVAILABLE IN CCS DOWNLOADS
(Grand Campaigns included)
CCS COI Mods

Cross of Iron- Infantry Mod
Finland- v1.3
Great War- 1.01
Greek- v1.01
Poland 39
Real Red- Der Ost Front 2
Real Red- Der Ost Front 2 Germans vs AI
Real Red- Grossdeutschland
Real Red- Kharkov- 2.2
Real Romanians 2.1
Vietnam- 2
The Western Front- v10
The Western Front- Commonwealth Summer v8.4

DAK_Legion FTP Downloads

DAK Legion ftp

Cross of Iron- Stalingrad!
Real Red- 0822
Real Red- Frontline
Real Red- Iron Cross
Real Red- Jabos
Real Red- Kursk
Real Red- Vet Mod
Real Red- Panzerjaeger
Real Red- SS
Scorched Earth
The Western Front- Englander

US_Brake FTP Downloads

Company Commander Mod & Grand Campaign

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/US_Brake/

MODS AVAILABLE AT  Matrix and CSO
great alternate download sites
Matrix has Vietnam v2Infantry

BETA MODS

Afrika v1.2 DAK_Legion zip

Commando War DAK_Legion zip

Eastern Legions DAK_Legion zip

The Western Front- Englander DAK_Legion

France 1940 v2 schrecken zip

The Pacific Front schrecken zip

Valley of Tears DAK_Legion zip

D-Day Brecourt (photorealistic) DAK_Legion zip

COMPLETE MODS NOT CONVERTED

Armor Armor Mod
Beached Whale
Falklands
Great War- Gallipoli 1918
Great War- Canadian Corps
The Pacific Front-GEAW Great East Asia War
Poland
Real Red- 1945
Real Red- Real Faust
Real Red- Real Russian Front
Real Red- Vet Mod (first version)
Spanish Civil War
Somalia Black Hawk Down
The Western Front- Airborne Invasion
The Western Front- Airborne Invasion Glider
The Western Front- Allies III
The Western Front- Black Ops Englander
The Western Front- Falaise Pocket
The Western Front- Ledge
The Western Front- Liberation De Paris
The Western Front- Overlord v11

MODS THAT EXIST BUT NEED MORE WORK TO BE COMPLETE
Fury Fallujah
Indochine 1950-1954 Indo
Real Red- Der Ost Front 3
The Western Front- Big Red One

NEW MOD IDEAS

Cross of Iron- Jabos
The Western Front- Infantry
Africa US vs Axis
China vs Japan
China Civil War
Italy (1943-45)
Korean War 1950-53
Russia vs Japan 1939
Manchuria 1945
Historic Battle or Division

CROSS OF IRON GRAND CAMPAIGNS

Cross of Iron Campaign: The War in the East by Eric Young
16 Operations 1941-1945 H2H

Cross of Iron Campaign: Össttlliiche Wutt (Fuger's Eastern Fury) by John ‘Misfit’ Fuger
12 Operations 1943-1944 H2H

CROSS OF IRON CUSTOM GRAND CAMPAIGNS
compatible with COI & most mods

Cross of Iron Campaign: Barbarossa! by Diegrinder Barbarossa!
16 Operations 1941-1945 G vs AI

Cross of Iron Campaign: The Road to Moscow by GDS_Starfury Schrecken zip
16 Operations 1941 H2H

Cross of Iron Campaign: Scorched Earth by US_Brake Scorched Earth

Cross of Iron Campaign: Stalingrad! by US_Brake Stalingrad!
16 Operations 1942-1943 H2H

CUSTOM GRAND CAMPAIGNS MOD SPECIFIC

Commonwealth Summer v8.4 Campaign: Normandy by Cathartes

Der Ost Front 2.0 Campaign: Battles of Heeresgruppe Süd (Army Group South) by ArmeeGruppeSud

Finland v1.3 Campaign: Finland by Luer

Great War 1.01 Campaign: Great War by Diegrinder
Great War 1.01 Campaign: Vimy Ridge by Pops

Greek v1.01 Campaign: La Campagna di Grecia by Andima

Grossdeutschland Campaign: Grossdeutschland By Dreaded88

Kharkov 2.2 Campaign: Kharkov by Iron Cross

Poland 39 Campaign: 3rd Panzer Division by Leaf1971
Poland 39 Campaign: 4th Panzer Division by Leaf1971

Real Red- SS Campaign: 1st SS Leibstandarte by J Rochan  
Real Red- SS Campaign: Das Reich 2nd by Diegrinder
Real Red- SS Campaign: Totenkopf 3rd by Diegrinder
Real Red- SS Campaign: Wiking 5th by Diegrinder

Real Romanians 2.1 Campaign: Real Romanians by Luer

Vietnam 1.3 Campaign: Dirty Nam by Zerberus
Vietnam V2 Campaign: Three Tours by Comrade_Blabsky
Vietnam V2inf Campaign: Three Tours by Comrade_Blabsky

The Western Front v10 Campaign: Assault on Europe by Zonbie
The Western Front v10 Campaign: Ardenne to Hurtgen by CB_MilesTeg
The Western Front v10 Campaign: Company Commander by US_Brake

CUSTOM GRAND CAMPAIGNS THAT EXIST BUT NEED MORE WORK TO BE COMPLETE.

Korsun Pocket 2.0 by Cloghaun Korsun 2.0
The West Front- Airborne Invasion
The West Front- Airborne Invasion- Glider
Campaign: Small Map by curtain66

Do you know how easy it is to use COI Mods?

unzip plugin file for individual Mods into the plugin folder;

C:/Program Files/Close Combat/plugins

Do you know how easy it is to use COI Custom Maps?

Download the associated map pack or individual custom maps and place in the maps folder;

C:/Program Files/Close Combat/Close Combat III/Maps

All Close Combat III custom maps work with COI. Old Close Combat III mods and GC's require conversion.

Cross of Iron Movie SceneDownloadDownload

Last edited by US_Brake on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:44 am; edited 216 times in total

1940art.jpg
 Description:
Dreaded88
 Filesize:  30.85 KB
 Viewed:  45599 Time(s)

1940art.jpg

#2: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:27 am
    —
try these

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/closecombatcrossofiron/plugins/PacMod_for_CoI_beta.cc3

and

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/closecombatcrossofiron/plugins/France_1940.cc3

Last edited by schrecken on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:05 pm; edited 4 times in total

#3: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:05 pm
    —
Some of those aren't even in this site, you should upload them so they become available for original CC3. For example the Jabo submod, WF SS and Allies III. I don't know what BW is.

#4: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:31 am
    —
Thanks schrecken,

BW- Beached Whale (German invasion of UK)

Last edited by US_Brake on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:57 am; edited 3 times in total

beachedwhale.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.08 KB
 Viewed:  45595 Time(s)

beachedwhale.jpg

beached whale.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.34 KB
 Viewed:  45984 Time(s)

beached whale.jpg

#5: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:39 am
    —
hmmm.. will check the links

#6: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:04 am
    —
Any progress in collecting files for cc3 and conversions to COI is much appreciated.

Link

Last edited by US_Brake on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:54 am; edited 4 times in total

#7: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:48 am
    —
A whole bunch of CC3 mods here

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/CloseCombatCrossOfIron/mods/CCIII-Mods/

#8: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: Edward75Location: Russia, St. Petersburg PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:09 pm
    —
Thanks for PacMod for CoI !!!

#9: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: fry30 PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:49 pm
    —
Edward where did you find it? I clicked the second link and found the Pacmod.pln plugin for the old mod swap. Where can I find a .cc3 file or do I have to modify the .pln file itself? I'd rather not unzip the file, because I want to play head to head and am frequently using other mods via Mod Swap. Shreken, this is my reply to your question in the other thread.

#10: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:51 pm
    —
the above link is

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/closecombatcrossofiron/plugins/PacMod_for_CoI_beta.cc3

for CoI

#11: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: jdracul PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:57 pm
    —
Getting ready to install CoI on a new computer (Win 7 prof 64 bit) and have been away from the game for the past 2 years!  If I want to keep the game as it is intended with only a sound mod, which mod would be most immersive over the lame stock weapon sounds?

If you had to choose to play CoI with one mod, which overall best mod (AI, sound, maps, theme) would you choose?

thanks

J

#12: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: Edward75Location: Russia, St. Petersburg PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:13 pm
    —
Hello! Oh ...
Discovered a problem. After the first operation in a campaign of this mod. When we start a second operation

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Appears this message

and next

and crash...  Sad
I beg you to fix this problem. thanks

#13: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:39 pm
    —
It says you are missing the Tulagi1 map

have you installed the maps for the mod (which mod?)?

#14: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: Edward75Location: Russia, St. Petersburg PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:48 pm
    —
sorry, Pacific mod.
Where is all maps for this mod?

#15: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:45 pm
    —
You could try this one

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=726

Tulagi1 is included

#16: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: fry30 PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:26 pm
    —
Didn't even see the darn link for Pac Mod above, thanks Shreken... however, when I downloaded the pacmod coi beta, it basically acted the same when as when I tried to convert .pln to .cc3, it told me it didn't think the PacMod.cc3 was the correct file. What am I doing wrong here? Should I try again, those shots from Edward look like hes got it working.

#17: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: fry30 PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:31 pm
    —
Ok downloading full file now. I'm switching between a macintosh to my laptop (which isn't receiving wifi right now) so this is all very annoying and time consuming. (Esp. because the girlfriend is not a friend of Close Combat.) Regardless thanks for trying to help me out, I'll get this to work soon.

#18: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: fry30 PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:44 pm
    —
Everything seems to be working, now time to download the maps. Thanks guys : D

#19: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: fry30 PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:55 am
    —
Shreken, is there a website or post you can direct us to that can show us how to convert .PLN to .cc3? I'd love to check out some of the CC3 mods that I never got around to back before the revisions came out. ( I always had 56k and missed them the first time around).

#20: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:29 am
    —
open install.txt in notepad  (found in *.pln)

open mod.ini with notepad (found in *.cc3)

you can easily see how mod.ini relates to install.txt

basically

put all the files for the mod in one folder

create a mod.ini file with notepad or copy it from another mod.

edit it so it reads

filename place in destination folder

Elements.txt=\data\base\

Do this for every file in the mod

save the mod.ini file

zip all the files together and and rename it modname.cc3

voila

ready to install with modswap

#21: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: Edward75Location: Russia, St. Petersburg PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:19 am
    —
Thank you very much for help! I'm happy  Very Happy
Other problem, your link for mod France1940 not available. Reloading please!

#22: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:20 pm
    —
I got the Pac Mod beta for COI. Working OK. Thanks.

One of the best things about Close Combat III was that you could play almost any theatre of WWII with the various mods quickly and easily. Converting over all the CC3 to COI would be great for h2h games at Gameranger. Play an Op with a friend of 1940 France vs Germany. Mod swap play Western Front 1945 single day battle US vs Germ. Modswap, play Pacific Mod USMC vs Japan Guadalcanal Op.

#23: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:05 pm
    —
has 1940 been converted by anyone?

#24: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:07 pm
    —
France 1940 should work now... seemed to go missing from the server

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/closecombatcrossofiron/plugins/France_1940.cc3

#25: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:34 am
    —
Thanks Shrecken.
France 1940 is one of the best mods ever made for CC3/COI. A real treat.

Last edited by US_Brake on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Blitzkrieg, Northern France, May 1940 by David Pentland.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.84 KB
 Viewed:  20858 Time(s)

Blitzkrieg, Northern France, May 1940 by David Pentland.jpg

#26: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:12 am
    —
I have updated the list in the original post. So many cool Mods, a few with dust and cobwebs. I know many players moved on and never looked back after CC3. But there are many like myself who put this one at the top of the list. For me Cross of Iron has made the original CC3 playable again, in an improved form. I agree that post CC3 games are usually better for AI games. However COI has a great H2H dynamic and a style you dont find in others in the series.

If you have never played CC3/COI H2H you may want to add it to hardrive. COI gives you a broad range of H2H game types. 1 Day Battles are perfect when you have limited time. Or if you want to play several players in one afternoon or evening. Say, two players have more time on their hands a 3 Day Op might do nicely. Turn it into a mini campaign? Op with 15 Days. Every week you could finish a couple Ops with a fellow Grog. Best of all, you actually finish what you start.

Playing this way on regular basis tends to generate more of social and community vibe than when players just pair off to play GC's for weeks on end without mixing it up with the community. With the (very easy to use) scenario editor you can recreate historic battles or set up a tourney style scenario. Factor the Mods & Grand Campaigns' into that and you have many options for H2H play.

I don't expect all the CC3 mods will make conversion but the more the better. I have not listed the GC's or maps but they are just as important.

eicke1945.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  78.38 KB
 Viewed:  20820 Time(s)

eicke1945.jpg

#27: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:02 pm
    —
Hi!

I think that this link must be here...........

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D923JIBR

It´s the Desert Storm 1991 for CoI,Unfinished Mod by CSO_Jim_McNeil with a few things added by DAK_Legion.

Instructions in the File.

Thanks

#28: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:59 am
    —
Of the Mods that havn't been ported what five would you like to have for COI most?

My Picks:

TT's Veterans Mod v1.2

Real Read 0822

Afrika v1.2

Panzerjager II

Overlord v110

Last edited by US_Brake on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:03 pm; edited 3 times in total

#29: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:52 am
    —
Englander!

#30: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:13 am
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):
Englander!

Englander is All UK troops from D-Day to Germany

Last edited by US_Brake on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:30 am; edited 2 times in total

englander.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  35.02 KB
 Viewed:  20708 Time(s)

englander.jpg

#31: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:17 am
    —
CoI is just about RR0822 - Ron gave his permission for his data changes to be used for CoI

#32: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:54 am
    —

schrecken wrote (View Post):
CoI is just about RR0822 - Ron gave his permission for his data changes to be used for CoI

Right, I understood that. But if you are a player or a modder and want to play RR0822 or study it in its "pure" form you have to go back to CC3 and deal with all the issues of CC3. For someone with Vista it's  a real pain to get everything to work right. For example when I play CC3 now, I can't move left right up down on the map, I have to click on the mini map to look around the battlefield and the scroll speed is all whacked. When I switch between mods the files stick. Its a mess.

A solution for me would be to have RR 0822 converted to COI so that I could play it h2h and use it as I would any other mod. If someone converts RR then many of the sub mods like RR SS Mod RR with Iron Cross Sound would be available as well. I understand that COI teams and GCs are meant to be RR v10 and thats cool (assuming at some point the AT gun issue is fixed) but RR would be great to have for posterity on the COI platform. Some nice artwork (the original had none) with the Colonel's name on the Main Page. That would be a fitting tribute to Ron's seminal work.

In the same vein, having the original Close Combat III Teams & Graphics, including the dreaded Wurfs, etc. Would be fun to have on the COI platform as well.

Last edited by US_Brake on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

#33: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:17 am
    —
The New Mod

Korea: The Forgotten War by Bel8910

may soon be available for COI

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9206

#34: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:55 pm
    —
Hi!

anyone knows the status of this mod?...CCIII Indochine 1950-1954

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=lastup&cat=10624&pos=0

#35: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:13 pm
    —
That would be a cool mod.

indo screenshot

Last edited by US_Brake on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:34 am; edited 4 times in total

#36: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:19 pm
    —
in the screenshots seems to have been completed Wink

must be recovered at all costs Wink

#37: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:10 pm
    —

Last edited by US_Brake on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:50 pm; edited 10 times in total

pj2modbyluer.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.79 KB
 Viewed:  20050 Time(s)

pj2modbyluer.jpg

#38: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:09 pm
    —
isn't Pzerjager already ported?

maybe not but this might increase your stock of mods  

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/CoI/coimods.html

#39: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:57 pm
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):
isn't Pzerjager already ported?

It hasn't been ported yet. GDS_Starfury made a custom GC for it, "Road to Moscow"

Last edited by US_Brake on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

#40: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:42 pm
    —
Hi Brake!

interesting proposal;) Wink

maybe try to make something............

#41: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:17 pm
    —
DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
Hi Brake!

interesting proposal;) Wink

maybe try to make something............

That would be great DAK ! Thanks.

Last edited by US_Brake on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

#42: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:45 pm
    —
Send A PM!

Good Luck!

#43: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:45 pm
    —
Any news Brake??

Any Problem with Conversion??

#44: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:58 pm
    —
Conversion Fail. I had never used a .INI file.  I messed up with it and or how to put the files in catagories. I ended up with a notepad file that didnt work.

Last edited by US_Brake on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

#45: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: oschabaum PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:23 am
    —
It would be nice to be able to play the SS Mods on COI.

diegrinder.

#46: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: oschabaum PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:28 am
    —
that was the one thing I was never able to do myself. Was make cool splash screens for the SS mods.

Diegrinder

#47: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:42 am
    —
oschabaum wrote (View Post):
It would be nice to be able to play the SS Mods on COI.

diegrinder.

Do you know how to do the splashcreens and game artwork D? Thats the first thing I ever tried to mod and Failed.. Wish I still had photoshop... anyway your WF SS Mod your RR SS and GC could all use some nice artwork like Dreaded88 always did on his projects. Some iconic images, posters or photos?

Waffen SS Posters

Waffen SS Photos Combat

attachment source

SS_French_Panzer.jpg
 Description:
French SS Poster. A rarity.
 Filesize:  234.37 KB
 Viewed:  19824 Time(s)

SS_French_Panzer.jpg

#48: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:12 am
    —
Official Trailer: SS Mod by Diegrinder
coming soon  

Link

SS Photos

photos

Probably the most desirable of all the Waffen-SS posters. Professor Anton used Knights Cross holder SS-Obersturmführer Behler as his model for this poster. Behler was still a recruit at that time this poster was created in 1941. He went on to win his Knights cross in 1945 while serving in the Artillery Regiment of the 23. SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier Division " Nederland ".

Professor Ottomar Anton, one of the most prolific Waffen-SS poster designers during the Third Reich - he died in 1976.

SS-Obersturmführer Klemens Behler survived the war and went on to serve in the Bundeswehr - he died in 1998.

Last edited by US_Brake on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:37 am; edited 6 times in total

SS_Waffen_Poster.jpg
 Description:
Most Iconic Poster
 Filesize:  76.98 KB
 Viewed:  19817 Time(s)

SS_Waffen_Poster.jpg

#49: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:17 pm
    —
Hi Brake!

Is this the v1.2 afrika you are looking for Cross of Iron???

if your answer is YES you must done 25 USD in my name  to CloseCombatSeries.net;)

The other mods will be FREE for your pocket;)

UO0058.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.43 KB
 Viewed:  19786 Time(s)

UO0058.jpg

UO0008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  113.89 KB
 Viewed:  19786 Time(s)

UO0008.jpg

#50: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:42 pm
    —
It's a DEAL!!!! Thanks for taking the time to convert that DAK_Legion. When they hit the button play game, they will be hiting your avatar!

And thanks for donating your "prize" to Close Combat Series.

Donation Made: US_Brake - $25.00
02/14/2012 (Note: Dak_Legion prize for porting Afrika for CoI.)

And thanks for your efforts to teach me how to port mods myself. I will keep tinkering!

#51: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:10 pm
    —
Please Brake Send me a PM with your e-mail please!

while enjoying the snack!

Commando War Mod

Eastern Legions.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  92.77 KB
 Viewed:  19624 Time(s)

Eastern Legions.jpg

Englander.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  106.91 KB
 Viewed:  19624 Time(s)

Englander.jpg

CW-v100forCoI.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CW-v100forCoI.rar
 Filesize:  844.61 KB
 Downloaded:  838 Time(s)

#52: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:57 pm
    —
Hi Brake;)

Here you have a link that includes:

Englander
Eastern LegionsV3
Commando War v1.00
Afrikav1.2
Real Red 0822

All in phase testing(BETA)

Link for Afrikav1.2

http://www.4shared.com/rar/_cb6slTJ/Afrikav12CoI.html

Link for Eastern Legions V3

http://www.4shared.com/rar/Bu-Uhw6q/Eastern_LegionsV3CoI.html

Link for Englander

http://www.4shared.com/rar/QgrdEEVw/EnglanderCoI.html

Link for Real Red 0822

http://www.4shared.com/rar/J3eEHkwx/RRGv0822CoI.html

Please report any incidence in LINKS and MODS

Last edited by DAK_Legion on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

#53: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:19 pm
    —
Awesome !

The Return of Commando War demands a poster!

Commando War Zip

Last edited by US_Brake on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:48 pm; edited 4 times in total

#54: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:59 pm
    —
Close Combat Cross of Iron Real Red.

Real Red CoI Zip

Real Red Music

Link

Last edited by US_Brake on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:44 am; edited 2 times in total

RRsovietpistol2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.31 KB
 Viewed:  19598 Time(s)

RRsovietpistol2.jpg

#55: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:53 pm
    —
Hi!

Are there still problems with the download link??

#56: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:52 pm
    —
Hi!

Are there still problems with the download link??

Yes. It give me "Archive not valid".

#57: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:02 pm
    —
ok! I put a link for each mod

#58: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:34 pm
    —
Problem of Links for Downloads FIXED;)

Enjoy and report any incidence in  LINKS and Mods!

#59: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:04 am
    —
Thanks to DAK_Legion and US_Brake for the new COI mods!!!

#60: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:24 am
    —
Schrecken and DAK_Legion deserve some VOTES, they ported the latest mods. Especially from those of you downloading these new betas! Woot!

ageofheroesposterx.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  63.85 KB
 Viewed:  19514 Time(s)

ageofheroesposterx.jpg

#61: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:58 am
    —
i can see Stalky.. just behind my right shoulder   Smile

#62: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:32 am
    —
Thank you too Shrecken!

#63: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:47 am
    —
Real Red Grand Campaign in 2012 is very Retro.

genz1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.14 KB
 Viewed:  20428 Time(s)

genz1.jpg

#64: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:29 pm
    —
CCIII Valley of Tears for Cross of Iron

Here.............

http://www.4shared.com/zip/FLeO0TBl/VoT_for_CoI_Beta.html

ENJOY!

Last edited by DAK_Legion on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

#65: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: bernd_nowak PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:56 pm
    —
Thanks a lot!!!!
My goodness. Do I need additional maps to play the mods? Or are they included?

Anyway, thanks for the work to those who made the current beta mods and to the original modders!

#66: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:11 pm
    —
Hi Brend!

You need download the maps for each mod!

#67: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:30 pm
    —
Hi Brend!

You need download the maps for each mod!

Most if not all mods have a custom grand campaign made to work with them. Some have their grand campaign built into the mods plug in files. Some grand campaigns are made for a mod but are not included in a mod download files. In order to play those custom grand campaigns you will need to find and download them seperately. That's the grand campaigns, when it comes to Maps you almost always need to download either a map pack for that grand campaign or individual maps. You can find these files in three places now, CCS CC3 or CoI downloads, Matrix, or here in the forum linked to individuals downloads.

One point for those new to using mods. You can use any mod without getting the grand campaign & maps for that mod. As long as you only use it to play custom battles of maps you already have in your map folder your fine. You can make custom battles for any mod on the maps that come with the original game.

We have been working together to get the mods ported over. The next step will be to find all the grand campaigns floating around and organize them.

#68: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: bernd_nowak PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:59 pm
    —
Can the CC3 maps used without 'porting' ? And if there was a GC is it included in the ported mods or can the existing ones be used?

#69: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:11 pm
    —
bernd_nowak wrote (View Post):
Can the CC3 maps used without 'porting' ?

Yes all custom close combat III maps work with cross of iron no porting or conversion is needed.

Maps from other games require a conversion but sometime work on cc3/coi depending on size. Like for example you can find many of the cc4 and cc5 stock maps that have been coverted for cc3/coi in the download section of CCS.

Last edited by US_Brake on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

#70: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:25 pm
    —
All the mods originally ported to CoI came with their new GC's ported as well as battles and ops in most cases.

Trouble is many mods only had a single GC made for it and no other ops etc.

You make GC's the same way you did for CC3, make a bunch of ops and string them together with a text file.

#71: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:49 pm
    —
Schrecken, how do I get Starfurys cc3 gc "Road to Moscow" to work on coi?

I just have the old plug-in from cc3 for it.

I believe it had no pre-picked units so it should work with any mod.

#72: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:56 am
    —
Post it to me and I'll make it work.. or attach here.

#73: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:07 am
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Post it to me and I'll make it work.. or attach here.

Starfury is active at Wargamer forum but I am banned from there. Maybe someone can send him a message with a link to this post. He also had a mod project on Kursk that may be unfinished. CB_Milesteg made a Moscow to Berlin it would be hard to find.

GDS Starfury Wargamer

Here you go.

Close Combat III version of Road To Moscow Grand Campaign by GDS_Starfury

Last edited by US_Brake on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:16 am; edited 4 times in total

rtmplugin.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  rtmplugin.zip
 Filesize:  39.57 KB
 Downloaded:  411 Time(s)

#74: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:48 am
    —
Still needs maps

izyum is the first

if you give me a maps list I'll pput it all together.

Unzip to your plugins folder and use modswap to install.

Play the Road to moscow Campaign (scroll to bottom of list)

RoadToMoscow_Grand_Campaign.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  RoadToMoscow_Grand_Campaign.zip
 Filesize:  39.1 KB
 Downloaded:  784 Time(s)

#75: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:14 am
    —

Real Red Grand Campaign
       Road to Moscow

Map List for Road to Moscow by GDS_Starfury
Stars old page

Road To Moscow Operation 1 : Crossing the Frontier

Hills
Saloninka
Izyum4
Izyum5

Road to Moscow Operation 2 : Into the Rodina

Poland1
Ukr1
Ukr2
Ukr4
Russia1

Road to Moscow Operation 3 : The First Line

Verrier Ridge
Lvov4x
Carantan

Road to Moscow Operation 4 : Minsk Mayhem

Caen
City
Dresden
Norm3

Road to Moscow Operation 5 : The Bear Rises

Capiquet Aerodrome
Embank2
Odon
Ouzon

Road to Moscow Operation 6 : The End of the Rope

Yelina1
Yelina2
Yelina3

Road to Moscow Operation 7 : Farm Picnic

3patrol
3patrol2
3patrol3

Road to Moscow Operation 8 : Driving on Smolensk

Farm
Maas
Maas3
Maas4
Town

Road to Moscow Operation 9 : The Rape of Smolensk

Stonne1
Stonne2
Eban1
MetroNij

Road to Moscow Operation 10 : The Vyazma Encirclement

Chataeu
Meja1
Meuse2
Finlake
Steppe2

Road to Moscow Operation 11 : Winters Rush

Fortif
Gerdef
Bjelrus
The Farms

Road to Moscow Operation 12 : A Push and a Shove

Lesna1
Kursk5
Kursk6
Kursk4

Road to Moscow Operation 13 : Snow Inferno

Vistula3w
Izyum1w
Izyum2w
Izyum3w

Road to Moscow Operation 14 : Dream of Summer

Velluki1
Mhrhm1
Winter
Ratter1

Road to Moscow Operation 15 : A Stones Throw

Velluki2
Velluki1
Ilmen
Ristini
Pulnimi

Road to Moscow Operation 16 : The Bitter End

Viipuri West
Kharkov4
Stalwin
RedSquare

Link

theroadtoM.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.1 KB
 Viewed:  19268 Time(s)

theroadtoM.jpg

#76: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:14 pm
    —
Now Valley of Tear_Beta_for_CoI.......................ZIP

For the Great Player....ZIP_Brake;)

#77: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:41 am
    —

I found CC3 original Real Red Jabos sub-mod by Zon. He gave us permission to port it if someone has time.

Sub-Mod for CC3 Real Red  JABOS

Last edited by US_Brake on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:21 pm; edited 7 times in total

Bf110cGB.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.24 KB
 Viewed:  19876 Time(s)

Bf110cGB.jpg

#78: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:20 am
    —

TT's Original Vet Mod for CC3 (see DAK_Legions post below for COI beta)

TT's original artwork Photo

Last edited by US_Brake on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

#79: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:11 pm
    —
if I have time this week makes the conversions of this mods;)

you should try the guide that I send  you;)

No Progress with the Brake´s Conversion?

Any news about Corsair CCIII Indochine?

#80: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:07 pm
    —
Yes, I need to take another crack at that conversion. Not many mods left to port.

I have updated page 1 with a list of Grand Campaigns' which are complete, and I have been researching GC's made for the mods you ported and any others that may be around.

No word on Indo.

Allies III Mod

Guillhaume made the Allies III Mod and it had some interesting Campaigns.

from the ALLIES III readme

Version III of the Allies submod differs from version II with the addition of some new teams, and
a few new sounds, too. And changes in the names of the German teams. All the indirect fire weapons
were removed. I make so much minor alterations that now i don't remember anymore. For example: the
German tactical organization don't had a light mortar section in the rifle company level, like the
Americans. The 5 cm mortar were held by the platoons. Another changes was in the rarity of units.
I try to make the campaigns more challenging even if you play like German or Allies.  I think that
is one of the more difficult tasks. If only we had CC 2 AI with CC 3 structure... (and i don't
believe that CC 5 make this...)

All the credit must go to the original creators. How does Maxwell Smart say it? I used the "old
trick" of copy and paste. Thus, I grabbed one sound from Felix Steiner's Sound.sfx, a few graphics
from the 1940 France Mod and CS Mod, etc., etc.

This submod includes seven campaigns: BARBAROSSA, showing the Battle of Arnhem; STEMMING THE TIDE,
with the British fighting from the D-Day to a what-if conquest of Berlin;  (with the special
permission from Sabot and Cathartes); NAPOLEON'S FOOTSTEPS, with the French-American campaign from
the south of France to the Rhine; HAMMER AND ANVIL with the Yankees (and Southerners) from the
Omaha to a what-if conquest of Berlin; ENEMY AT THE GATES, showing the antipartisan
warfare in the south of France; ACHTUNG PANZER!, showing a copy of the CC5 campaign in the Cotentin
and REICH ON THE ROCKS, with a hypothetical German victory in the Ardennes and a ulterior
reconquest of France (only a Hammer and Anvil reverse...)
Includes, too, 98 Battles and Operations.

I made four RU Teams, a French, British, a US and Allies (default). Maybe you will wish to play
the Napoleon's Footsteps with the French RU Teams, but if you want to play it with the British
RU Teams, don't be afraid of that, i don't will knock on your door some day to throttle you for
this.

I wish to thank Zonbie. Without him, this mod never would be released. In truth, this guy loves
very much the CC community. Since I haven't got ICQ, I sent all these archives by email to him
-- true torture. Thanks to Cathartes and Sabot for the permission to use the Commonwealth
Summer Mod's ops. These guys are true comrades.

By the way, I hope that English errors inside the game don't bother anyone. Shakespeare's language
is not mine. My thanks also to the Sgm Smith, Comrade Blabski, GS_Marcks and all the CC community
for their advice.

Guillhaume, a humble fan of CC 3.

Sub-mods for Allies III

1) FR Allies - This subplugin change the default yankee (and southerners)
forces into Free French forces and show two campaigns with them. One showing
the french-american advance from the south of France to the Rhine
(NAPOLEON'S
FOOTSTEPS) and another showing the German antipartisan war against the
Maquis (ENEMY AT THE GATES).

2) UK Allies - This subplugin change the default to British/Canadian forces
(what a
pitty that none Anzacs fought in Northwest Europe...). This have two
campaigns: one showing the Commonwealth advance from Juno Beach to a
hipothetical conquest of Berlin (STEMMING THE TIDE). Another shows the
Battle of Arnhem (BARBAROSSA!)

3) German Civil War - Well, this is hipothetical civil war in Germany
between
the Nazi Waffen-SS and the German Army in sequence of the Plot of July,
This have only one campaign (LAST HURRAH).

Last edited by US_Brake on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:53 am; edited 3 times in total

#81: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:45 am
    —

Korsun Pocket 2.0 by KG_Cloghaun

I am putting together a map list for this.

Last edited by US_Brake on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

KorsunPocket_KG_Cloghaun.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.34 KB
 Viewed:  20678 Time(s)

KorsunPocket_KG_Cloghaun.jpg

#82: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: oschabaum PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:19 am
    —
looks like SS WF Mod and SS mod for russian front are not plugins for COI.

#83: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:35 am
    —
oschabaum wrote (View Post):
looks like SS WF Mod and SS mod for russian front are not plugins for COI.

not yet.

we have the RR 0822, just need RR SS ported as a sub-plugin.

http://www.4shared.com/rar/J3eEHkwx/RRGv0822CoI.html

since WF SS was made with the older version of WF I didn't know if you need to tweek it?

I look forward to having those. Like to be able to play the four RR SS Grand Campaigns; Leibstandarte 1st, Das Reich 2nd, Totenkopf 3rd and the Wiking 5th Divisions.

check out your old banner...

Last edited by US_Brake on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

#84: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:30 pm
    —
Link for RRGv0822 VETMOD 121.....

http://www.4shared.com/zip/18arT27y/RRGv0822VETMOD.html

Link for RRGv0822 Jabos.................

http://www.4shared.com/zip/FIPmASk0/RRGv0822JabosCoI.html

Link for CC3 D-Day Brecourt v2........................

http://www.4shared.com/zip/e46rdaCU/CoI_D-Day_Brecourt_v2_2.html

#85: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: southern_land PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:29 am
    —
You're doing greeat work guys

#86: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:04 am
    —
Two more CC3 mods added to the "Mods Not Converted List"

Frontline 1.2

CC3 Frontline by Hohenstaufen is the full Real Red v0822 with Iron Cross and Real Elite files. The units names are in German and Russian and will also show you which units that are SS or Gds when you play (not only in the requisition room).
Fronline 1.2 at CCS

RRF (Real Russian Front) by BR_Caatinga

RRF post at Matrix

bmw ss.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  63.21 KB
 Viewed:  20587 Time(s)

bmw ss.jpg

RRF Real Russian Front.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.62 KB
 Viewed:  20589 Time(s)

RRF Real Russian Front.jpg

#87: Hia Guys Author: Sulla PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:58 am
    —
Hia Guys,

Brake thanks for contacting me, been a while ;)

I have a lot of the original mods, most still on the disks they were sent to me on or filed away! Have been ill for some time! Still have numerous databases from the old sites, forums etc.

I will go through the lists in the next day or so! Who is still around and not gone over to the dark side? [Matrix!] Any signs of Mick [Xe5] or Mafi, Atilla, Cpl Filth?

Cheers Sulla

#88: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:02 am
    —
Raise a glass for Sulla!  (there may be gold in that treasure chest)

Mafi is a regular here. I got video.

Link

Link

Last edited by US_Brake on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

#89: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: vitaminLocation: behind enemy lines PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:52 pm
    —
Any chances to download all these beta mods from CCS website? Btw, why are they beta actually?

#90: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:20 pm
    —
NEW BETA MODS AVAILABLE in this THREAD

They are the first effort to port these CC3 mods to COI.

They need testing and some need Grand Campaigns.

You can play them, they just need work before they are ready for the main DL section.

#91: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: Gunnar PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:51 pm
    —

looks very good. The links on the matrix side are dead. Do you have a copy of this mod?

Used to play cc3 a lot and just bought the re releases.

#92: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:28 pm
    —
A pics of Death CCIII Black Hawk Down...............

Maybe Nembo has a copy of this mod;)

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3625

#93: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:13 am
    —
Cool DAK. I had never heard of that one.

#94: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:35 pm
    —
I've made a partial conversion and fairly major upgrade of CC3 GCE (Spanish Civil War) mod into COI, but stalled over a few technical issues / lack of time to learn stuff which others perhaps have worked out how to do.

Vehicle & gun shadows... need doing

Winter uniforms - tried to port these from CC3, followed the instructions to the letter, tried & tried but only managed to achieve   psychedelic colours

Could do with some new maps, I had loads of ideas for historical scenarios & there is of course a lot more material available now for those with the desire and ability to recreate SCW battlefields from aerial views.

I am thinking about restarting this at some point. If anyone can help in these 3 areas then pm me.

Basically this is a repost of this:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=51416&highlight=#51416

Saludos a todos

#95: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:11 pm
    —
I can port to CoI if you Want;)

#96: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:23 pm
    —
Thanks DAK Legion

What I need to know is, if you port to COI does that also port the winter uniform colours?

That would certainly be a big help.

#97: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:43 pm
    —
I not know that aspect but we can try;)

mi e-mail is

DAK_Legion [at] hotmail [dot] com

write your concerns:)

#98: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:48 pm
    —
@DAK-Legion

OK here is the situation:

the CC3 uniform colours for CC3 reside in CC3.exe and can be changed using sldcolor.exe by Cpl-Filth.

If you can get the winter ones to work in COI then you are a better man than I.

I hope to email you this weekend.

Salud,

normski-

#99: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: ArmeeGruppeSud PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:28 pm
    —
Gunnar wrote (View Post):

looks very good. The links on the matrix side are dead. Do you have a copy of this mod?

Used to play cc3 a lot and just bought the re releases.
Yeah, there were a few novel ideas involved in RRF. But alas, i must confess, RRF's demise was partially my fault.

When i released the 1st version of DOF, RRF just sank in the water

Its a shame RRF was never released, then i could have hijacked some of its features  Razz

CHEERS

AGS

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Sun May 27, 2012 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

#100: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:34 pm
    —
Bah.

I am trying to attach zipped files to emails. The files are a lot smaller than the size limit of 25mb but they just won't attach. I've tried with 2 separate email addresses.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, and how do you get around it?

#101: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: thumb PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:31 pm
    —
Dunno what email app youre using but you might try a file upload site (200mb/file limit).

#102: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:10 pm
    —
@Thumb

Thanks, I looked at that site tho and noted that it somehow doesn't permit me to retrieve files.

I guess I'm looking for recommendations on decent free upload sites...

#103: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: thumb PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:12 pm
    —
'retrieve' = delete?

Mebbe yousendit.

Seen Joe Pike around lately?

- mick  Smile

#104: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:45 am
    —
he he

I have not spoken to him for years.

Check your pms.

yousendit = good link

#105: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:30 am
    —
For those who are interested in the progress of Guerra Civil Espanola mod upgrade to COI there have a couple of significant developments.

1. the summer / winter uniforms are now no longer an obstacle thanks to Mick.

2. I received direct permission from Zikat to use his maps in CC3/COI format.

So what is still to be done?

1. The nightmare of vehicle and gun shadows is the single worst outstanding task. I will probably need some technical help with this but have a general idea of how to approach it.

I guess once that is done we could just release it, and even if we didn't fix the shadows, and put the thing out today, players will see a noticeably different experience in terms of improved quality between the original GCE CC3 beta and whatever platform we upgrade to (thinking about VoT as well as COI - basically the same mod but on 2 separate platforms)

However there are a few smaller tasks which could be completed and I feel like sharing these with the world, so here goes:

1. A general tidy-up and fine tuning of sounds, graphics and data, correcting wrong entries etc.

2. Perhaps an audit of the gun and vehicle data by someone competent to do that (ie probably not me)

3. Whipping the grand campaign, ops and historical battles (several of which are standalone ops) into a shape completely free of RF scenarios and hopefully not too lame or silly (I get embarrassed looking back at some, well probably most of my own efforts at creating scenarios). NB this has always been a collaborative effort with ppl such as Doramas and MoB contributing scenarios to the original GCE beta, and actually we hope to continue this tradition. So anyone who has knowledge of SCW and might be interested in contributing, please pm me in the next few weeks.

4. We might yet stick an Italian airplane in there to represent the relative merits of the Nationalist versus Republican airforces in their ground attack role. (Ie if we do this, there won't be any Republican planes).

There is a kind of proto Grand Campaign which attempts to walk through 'most' of the war. By which I mean, the advance of the Army of Africa into Pensinsular Spain, and the involvement of the International Brigades up until the Ebro offensives. (Obviously that leaves plenty out.) I got pretty stuck on some some of the ops for this but received fresh inspiration from the efforts of Firefox and CC5 Ebro team and their admirers, you know who you are ;)

A further point which may be of interest, is that we seek to portray a fairly full set of summer and winter uniforms. This is Spain we're talking about.

So by 'winter' of course I mean any weather where it's not boiling hot. Consequently we are looking at the impact on game play of winterising. My bright idea is that most maps will have a summer and winter version. They won't all look different since the only practical difference, in most instances, is the air is a bit cooler so the sprites have to put on a jacket.

My fear is that this is going to screw up the game play for most maps. Since the Republic launched several major operations to coincide with extreme weather, both hot and cold, the effect of all that may also be lost. the But, hey ho, it is only a game.

Anyway it's been 12 years in the making so hopefully we will get a finished product to you all sometime before next century.

Thank you and good night.

#106: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: terciooriamendi PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:56 pm
    —
Thanks for your work Normski. Another SCW mod

#107: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:34 pm
    —
Yeah, soon, hopefully

#108: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:51 pm
    —
SCW Work Fine in enginnering CCIII/VoT

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  107.39 KB
 Viewed:  21718 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

#109: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:53 pm
    —
Thanks DAK_Legion.

This is the VoT-style  upgrade.

There is much more yet to be released.

#110: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:57 pm
    —
So... who do I release these mods to, when they're finished?

Actually there are 2 of them, the VoT is envisaged as sort of a taster for the COI mod which is still in development.

VoT is pretty much ready for people to play, thanks to DAK_Legion.

#111: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:23 pm
    —
I am currently treading a steady path through that world of misery, known as vehicle shadow editing.  3 guns down and about 30 more guns & vehicles to go. Call this a holiday?

The things we do for our art.

Hurrah! for VehShEdit, without which I'd be staring at field guns with mortar shadows. Now I can stare at my badly drawn field gun shadows instead.

Mustn't grumble  Mr. Green

#112: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:28 pm
    —
It sure would be cool to have a beta port of Panzerjäger II for Cross of Iron!   Cool

#113: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:50 pm
    —
All tanks & artillery shadows done, in a rough kind of way.

Just got armoured cars trucks and a motorbike shadows to do. Should be ready before the earth crashes into the sun.

#114: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:24 pm
    —
US_Brake wrote (View Post):
It sure would be cool to have a beta port of Panzerjäger II for Cross of Iron!   Cool

as always......if time....YOU will have PJII!

#115: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:24 am
    —

Panzerjäger II is one bad ass piece of work in the world of cc3 mods.

#116: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:14 pm
    —
morning I put a direct link.................Wink

#117: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:32 pm
    —
Hi Brake;)

you have received a ..................................;)

http://www.4shared.com/zip/By2GO0PW/PJII.html

#118: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:46 pm
    —
Thanks for porting that DAK_Legion! The Cross of Iron players owe you alot!  Exclamation

Looking forward to normski's masterpiece!  Very Happy

#119: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:07 pm
    —
I have been enjoying a few games of PJ II as of late. If you own COI please take the time to download all the mods on page 1 of this thread. Great stuff!

#120: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:01 pm
    —
Hi Brake!

on the first page says...MODS NOT CONVERTED

Somalia Black Hawk Down

I WANT DOWNLOAD LINK FRIEND;)...I WANT CONVERT TO COI

LOL;)

#121: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:32 pm
    —
Add CC3 Faklands Mod in Project NOT FINISHED.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=739&highlight=malvinas

#122: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:09 pm
    —
Hi!

Now here you download all ports!

THANKS to MOOXE and CCS!

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/dak_legion/

#123: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: BordicLocation: Gothic Line, Italy PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:52 pm
    —
Hi!

Now here you download all ports!

THANKS to MOOXE and CCS!

Great!   Very Happy

#124: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:15 pm
    —
Thanks DAK_Legion! Keep the conversions coming!!!  Very Happy

#125: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:38 pm
    —
Hi ALL!

Now ALL mods here.............................

http://174.132.189.130/~mooxe/Hosted/dak_legion/

THANKS MOOXE!

#126: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:22 pm
    —
Download link..........

#127: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:39 am
    —
Thank you to everyone who took the time to convert these mods over to Cross of Iron. I like to know if the Afrika mod and the others which are still considered beta in this thread, have they been tested since?, and do they work okay with the latest version of CoI?. Also, has anyone took the time to put together full map packs for them and uploaded them to the web?.

I surprised this thread hasn't got a sticky, even though it's easy to find.

#128: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:23 pm
    —
I have not tested the mods with the new patch yet.

I do encourage the CC community to help sustain and improve the CC3 and COI games, mods and maps.

#129: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:32 pm
    —
I got COI installed with the new patch today. I plan on testing some mods. Look me up on GR if your looking for a match.

Last edited by US_Brake on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

#130: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:26 pm
    —
Unfinished mods for CoI

HERE......

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/dak_legion/UnFinished/CCIII-CoI/

#131: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:50 pm
    —
Sulla put a download link for CCIII Gallipolli and CCIII Kursk on closecombat.org

#132: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:00 pm
    —
CCIII France V3 on closecombat.org

CC3 France1940_v3_plugin Mod Download & Map Pack

http://hosted.wargamer.com/CloseCombatDreaded88/1940/index.html

Last edited by US_Brake on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:17 am; edited 2 times in total

#133: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:14 pm
    —
Sulla put a download link for CCIII Gallipolli and CCIII Kursk on closecombat.org

It's a Buyer beware situation..

Both are still beta situation as left by the mod makers.. Kursk has just 5 of the special maps and all I did was put all the files from you guys site into the right folders.. Base..graphics.. Local fx. All I did was try to clean it up what little have learned so far.. It's going to be my 1st attempt at making a plugin, unless someone else here wants to.

If do add more maps, they won't be custom ones however because am not going to paint any. These last few months working with Sulla have taught me to stay away from them.

The campaign itself lots will need to be backed up from the original game, but otherwise it's drop in. You'll see when download. A plugin will be lots easier.

Anyone who has a link to a great tool for creating one would be appreciated. I 1st tried an installer, but couldn't get it to work correctly. The standard installer in the Tools section and was hoping for a plugin instead.

Is a Installer the best way to go? If so, I'll really head in that direction.

Also.. That Italian mod that's on the server and has all the maps, textures, but little other progress. who is on that one?

Werf

#134: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:26 pm
    —

I believe both of those mods are actually just campaigns. Kursk runs off the Real Red mod, but with custom maps. Gallipoli uses stock CC3 data and custom maps.

#135: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:40 pm
    —
That's the Spirit Soldiers! Thanks to all those working to gather together the CC3 files. We are all on the same page. We want to preserve, protect, port to COI and even improve when possible all the valuable mods, campaigns, and maps that represent so many hours of work.

Some of the most iconic mods like Real Red 0822 and TT Vet Mod have no artwork and would look great if an artist with experience could make something to honor the mod and the mod makers. Diegrinder once expressed his wish to be able to ad splashscreens to his CCIII SS Mods.

The best part is that Cross of Iron works good now. The new 2014 patch seems OK to me so far. Mod Swap works great. Several great mods all already complete for COI with Map Packs and Grand Campaigns.

#136: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:44 pm
    —
johnsilver wrote (View Post):

It's a Buyer beware situation..

Both are still beta situation as left by the mod makers.. Kursk has just 5 of the special maps and all I did was put all the files from you guys site into the right folders.. Base..graphics.. Local fx. All I did was try to clean it up what little have learned so far.. It's going to be my 1st attempt at making a plugin, unless someone else here wants to.

If do add more maps, they won't be custom ones however because am not going to paint any. These last few months working with Sulla have taught me to stay away from them.

The campaign itself lots will need to be backed up from the original game, but otherwise it's drop in. You'll see when download. A plugin will be lots easier.

Anyone who has a link to a great tool for creating one would be appreciated. I 1st tried an installer, but couldn't get it to work correctly. The standard installer in the Tools section and was hoping for a plugin instead.

Is a Installer the best way to go? If so, I'll really head in that direction.

Also.. That Italian mod that's on the server and has all the maps, textures, but little other progress. who is on that one?

Werf

Plugins are always the best way. A mod that requires manual install will not be played, they also require you to manually backup the original files. Take a plugin that works, and edit the install.txt and uninstal.txt files to suit the mod. Ensure you add dependencies when applicable. Install and uninstall them multiple times on your own PC.

#137: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:16 am
    —
Hi mooxe!

I don't download this mods but if i have time i make a short plugin for the Cc players

#138: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:41 pm
    —
Hey DAK_Legion what is the status on your Desert Storm Mod for COI?

I saw the Rar files here.

#139: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:42 pm
    —
No changes of desert storm mod beta...it's the same  old .zip of first messages of this POST.

#140: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:33 pm
    —
@ mooxe!
Download cc3 kursk mod BETA!

In your interior are there a surprise;)

The surprise is the original data and graphics of unfinished CC5_Kursk by Waldganger!!!

#141: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:54 am
    —
Real Red Series Redux

The Sub-Mods

Last edited by US_Brake on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:38 am; edited 8 times in total

COI_RR_Group.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  338.54 KB
 Viewed:  589 Time(s)

COI_RR_Group.jpg

#142: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:38 pm
    —
Cross of Iron Mod Real Red

COI_Real_Red_Redux.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  408.82 KB
 Viewed:  485 Time(s)

COI_Real_Red_Redux.jpg

#143: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:07 pm
    —
Real Red 0822 and RR sub mods from Close Combat III ready to play for Cross of Iron.
Plugins for modswap now available via DAK_Legion's CCS ftp .

DAK Legion CCS ftp

Real Red by Ron Gretz
Real Red- Frontline
Real Red- Iron Cross
Real Red- Jabos
Real Red- Kursk
Real Red- Panzerjaeger
Real Red- Vet Mod
Real Red- SS

#144: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:13 am
    —
Thanks for collecting and putting these on the ftp US_Brake!

#145: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:42 pm
    —

DAK_Legion-The current Vet Mod plugin has an error. Also there is an earlier version of this CC3 Vet Mod that would be a value to have ported to CoI sometime (large Russian teams-human wave attacks).

#146: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:47 am
    —

DAK_Legion-The current Vet Mod plugin has an error. Also there is an earlier version of this CC3 Vet Mod that would be a value to have ported to CoI sometime (large Russian teams-human wave attacks).

Human wave (Rambo) tactics are my favorite.

#147: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:13 pm
    —

Link

One day a new Cross of Iron Mod will be made and achieve Glory!

Until then, let's get all the Close Combat III mods ported to Cross of Iron.  Very Happy

CROSS OF IRON MODS AVAILABLE IN CCS DOWNLOADS
(Grand Campaigns included)
CCS COI Mods

Cross of Iron- Infantry Mod
Finland- v1.3
Great War- 1.01
Greek- v1.01
Poland 39
Real Red- Der Ost Front 2
Real Red- Der Ost Front 2 Germans vs AI
Real Red- Grossdeutschland
Real Red- Kharkov- 2.2
Real Romanians 2.1
Vietnam- 2
The Western Front- v10
The Western Front- Commonwealth Summer v8.4

New MODS IN THE CCS ftp Hosted/dak_legion/COI

DAK Legion ftp

Cross of Iron- Stalingrad!
Real Red- 0822
Real Red- Frontline
Real Red- Iron Cross
Real Red- Jabos
Real Red- Kursk
Real Red- Vet Mod
Real Red- Panzerjaeger
Real Red- SS
Scorched Earth
The Western Front- Englander

MODS AVAILABLE AT  Matrix and CSO
great alternate download sites
Matrix has Vietnam v2Infantry

BETA MODS

Afrika v1.2 DAK_Legion zip

Commando War DAK_Legion zip

Eastern Legions DAK_Legion zip

The Western Front- Englander DAK_Legion

France 1940 v2 schrecken zip

The Pacific Front schrecken zip

Valley of Tears DAK_Legion zip

D-Day Brecourt (photorealistic) DAK_Legion zip

COMPLETE MODS NOT CONVERTED

Armor Armor Mod
Beached Whale
Falklands
Great War- Canadian Corps
The Pacific Front-GEAW Great East Asia War
Poland
Real Red- 1945
Real Red- Real Faust
Real Red- Real Russian Front
Real Red- Vet Mod (first version)
Spanish Civil War
Somalia Black Hawk Down
The Western Front- Airborne Invasion
The Western Front- Airborne Invasion Glider
The Western Front- Allies III
The Western Front- Black Ops Englander
The Western Front- Falaise Pocket
The Western Front- Ledge
The Western Front- Liberation De Paris
The Western Front- Overlord v11

MODS THAT EXIST BUT NEED MORE WORK TO BE COMPLETE
Fury Fallujah
Indochine 1950-1954 Indo
Real Red- Der Ost Front 3
The Western Front- Big Red One

NEW MOD IDEAS

Cross of Iron- Jabos
The Western Front- Infantry
Africa US vs Axis
China vs Japan
China Civil War
Italy (1943-45)
Korean War 1950-53
Russia vs Japan 1939
Manchuria 1945
Historic Battle or Division

CROSS OF IRON GRAND CAMPAIGNS

Cross of Iron Campaign: The War in the East by Eric Young

Cross of Iron Campaign: Össttlliiche Wutt (Fuger's Eastern Fury) by John ‘Misfit’ Fuger
12 Operations 1943-1944 H2H

CROSS OF IRON CUSTOM GRAND CAMPAIGNS
compatible with COI & most mods

Cross of Iron Campaign: Barbarossa! by Diegrinder Barbarossa!
16 Operations 1941-1945 G vs AI

Cross of Iron Campaign: The Road to Moscow by GDS_Starfury Schrecken zip
16 Operations 1941 H2H

Cross of Iron Campaign: Scorched Earth by US_Brake Scorched Earth

Cross of Iron Campaign: Stalingrad! by US_Brake Stalingrad!
16 Operations 1942-1943 H2H

CUSTOM GRAND CAMPAIGNS MOD SPECIFIC

Commonwealth Summer v8.4 Campaign: Normandy by Cathartes

Der Ost Front 2.0 Campaign: Battles of Heeresgruppe Süd (Army Group South) by ArmeeGruppeSud

Finland v1.3 Campaign: Finland by Luer

Great War 1.01 Campaign: Great War by Diegrinder
Great War 1.01 Campaign: Vimy Ridge by Pops

Greek v1.01 Campaign: La Campagna di Grecia by Andima

Grossdeutschland Campaign: Grossdeutschland By Dreaded88

Kharkov 2.2 Campaign: Kharkov by Iron Cross

Poland 39 Campaign: 3rd Panzer Division by Leaf1971
Poland 39 Campaign: 4th Panzer Division by Leaf1971

Real Red- SS Campaign: 1st SS Leibstandarte by J Rochan  
Real Red- SS Campaign: Das Reich 2nd by Diegrinder
Real Red- SS Campaign: Totenkopf 3rd by Diegrinder
Real Red- SS Campaign: Wiking 5th by Diegrinder

Real Romanians 2.1 Campaign: Real Romanians by Luer

Vietnam 1.3 Campaign: Dirty Nam by Zerberus
Vietnam V2 Campaign: Three Tours by Comrade_Blabsky
Vietnam V2inf Campaign: Three Tours by Comrade_Blabsky

The Western Front v10 Campaign: Assault on Europe by Zonbie
The Western Front v10 Campaign: Ardenne to Hurtgen by CB_MilesTeg

CUSTOM GRAND CAMPAIGNS THAT EXIST BUT NEED MORE WORK TO BE COMPLETE.

Korsun Pocket 2.0 by Cloghaun Korsun 2.0
The West Front- Airborne Invasion
The West Front- Airborne Invasion- Glider
Campaign: Small Map by curtain66

Do you know how easy it is to use COI Mods?

unzip plugin file for individual Mods into the plugin folder;

C:/Program Files/Close Combat/plugins

Do you know how easy it is to use COI Custom Maps?

Download the associated map pack or individual custom maps and place in the maps folder;

C:/Program Files/Close Combat/Close Combat III/Maps

All Close Combat III custom maps work with COI. Old Close Combat III mods and GC's require conversion.

Cross of Iron Movie Scene

Would love to see work on
Spanish Civil War
Somalia Black Hawk Down
Desert Storm 1991
Fury Fallujah
Indochine 1950-1954

Great list.

#148: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:41 pm
    —
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=71

Indochine mods looks very promising. It seems, there are many nice original maps. I suppose corsair was doing it and he was recently active. Any chance that, he shares his files? What more needs to be done to complete the mod?

#149: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:01 am
    —
In the past Corsair said that...MOD LOST!!

Sorry

#150: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: vonFelty PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:07 am
    —
Quick question. Back in 1999, I remember downloading Real Red for CC3. So out of nostalgia I bought Cross of Iron and then downloaded the Real Red mod (the 28mb one).

It installed all fine, but I have a question...

I remember one of the big issues of Real Red was that mortars were made more realistically. In that most mortar squads could not fire on the map because they had a minimum range that was often bigger than the map.

Is that still the case. I started a campaign and it seems I can play mortar squads.

Can someone clarify me on this issue of this?

I suppose I won't mind playing but I hope to have realistic ranges on my mortar teams.

Thanks in advance.

#151: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:54 am
    —
RR removed the heavy mortar teams from the original CC3.

#152: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: Zenpachou PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:03 am
    —
Hi all.  New poster, long time Close Combat player.  I have Cross of Iron, and have been trying out some of the mods, and am very interested in the Real Red series.  However, whenever I try to fire up say, the SS campaigns, it says to insert the Close Combat 3 CD?  It seems to be looking for a map-pack that I don't have; the documentation for the Real Red SS mod is somewhat incomplete and the link inside of the readme goes to a dead site.  I'd appreciate assistance in figuring out which maps I need to get and from where.

Thank you, and this is a lovely website.

#153: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:30 am
    —
Zenpachou wrote (View Post):
Hi all.  New poster, long time Close Combat player.  I have Cross of Iron, and have been trying out some of the mods, and am very interested in the Real Red series.  However, whenever I try to fire up say, the SS campaigns, it says to insert the Close Combat 3 CD?  It seems to be looking for a map-pack that I don't have; the documentation for the Real Red SS mod is somewhat incomplete and the link inside of the readme goes to a dead site.  I'd appreciate assistance in figuring out which maps I need to get and from where.

Thank you, and this is a lovely website.

The cc3.exe was never cracked in the RR mod I guess. Couple solutions if you don't have the CDROM.. Use any other Close Combat CDROM you may have, they usually are all interchangeable. Download CC3 and burn that to a disc.

If its looking for a map it will usually say which map cannot be found, then you can search for it in the downloads.

#154: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: Zenpachou PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:26 am
    —
Tried mounting the ISO image to no luck.  I lost my CC3 CD years ago and rejoiced when I found Cross of Iron.  The Real Red SS campaign is prompting for the BIsnton.mmm map which I'm not finding in any online archive.  I'm clearly missing something here.

#155: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:32 am
    —
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=2083

There you go.

Is it looking for BIsnton or Blsnton?

#156: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: Zenpachou PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:57 am
    —
That first one you linked appears to have done the trick, and its now asking for Stonne2, etc.  I'll see about hunting down what I can between the errors I get and the readme.  thank you very much for your assistance. Smile

#157: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:25 am
    —
If the search function is not returning good results, go direct to http://www.closecombatseries.net/downloads/CC3/maps/.

#158: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: Zenpachou PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:00 am
    —
Looks like I need all of the CC4 maps, which I'll have to get off the disc.  Thanks again, I might come back with more questions if I cannot find specific maps.

#159: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: Zenpachou PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:42 am
    —
I think I've found everything except for Operation Typhoon 1 (which is an Operation error that comes up when I try to load Das Reich's campaign).  Any thoughts?

#160: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:57 am
    —
Zenpachou wrote (View Post):
Looks like I need all of the CC4 maps, which I'll have to get off the disc.  Thanks again, I might come back with more questions if I cannot find specific maps.

you will need the Converted CC4 maps when playing CC3 or COI. Available here.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=196

#161: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:18 am
    —
That reminds me...is there a simple walk-through on converting CC5 classic (and TLD) maps to COI???

IIRC, the btd was discarded, the elements was re-coded (to the COI elements file), and the LOS was reworked. Not much else to do.  Am I right???

#162: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:47 am
    —
Uberdave wrote (View Post):
That reminds me...is there a simple walk-through on converting CC5 classic (and TLD) maps to COI???

IIRC, the btd was discarded, the elements was re-coded (to the COI elements file), and the LOS was reworked. Not much else to do.  Am I right???

Yes, discard the .btd, recode the .txt and generate a new .los
Mafi's 5CC map tool makes converting CC5 maps to COI a snap.
The simple walk-thru:
a) Open a CC5 map in 5CC
b) Set your elements table to COI. Use the 5CC COI version in the included TerrainElementsTables folder.

c) Use Data Bulk Replacement to recode the CC5 map for COI as shown below. The CC5 to COI translation table is included in the ElementsTranslationTables folder.

d) Generate a new .los file

e) Export the new .los file

f) Export the new .txt file

g) Copy the original CC5 .bgm, rfm, .ovm, .mmm files, and the new .los and .txt files to COI/Maps

5CC doesnt have a TLD to COI elements translation table. However, creating one using an existing translation table as a template is relatively easy if somewhat tedious. TLD has 358 elements (not all of which are actually used) where COI only has 261 so some compromises may be required in setting up a translation table for TLD maps to be recoded.

#163: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:38 am
    —
Awesome, simple and easy to the point.

My only challenge will be negotiating the modded elements files, as I'm porting some of the Afrika and Ebro maps to COI for side projects.

Good to see you are still alive in the community, mick!

Uberdave/Overman

#164: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:05 am
    —
Happy to help UD. Been away from CC for a few years and this might be my 3rd or 4th different user profile over the years on ccs.net. News of Matrix's (Steve The Blood McClaire) 'The Bloody First' and Tackom's (Shaun Sulla Wallace) Art of Combat attempts at refreshing CC in 3D mode got my CC juices flowing again so I fired up LSA (the pinnacle of the series IMO) and loaded the GJS 7.3 mod. Sadly, TBF development appears to be stagnating and, while AoC shows promise, Im not totally sold on 3D if its not state of the art.

#165: Re: Mods & Grand Campaigns Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:43 pm
    —
I hear you.  For some reason I thought TBF was the same project as AoC. LSA is the most evolved of the series, though I haven't played GtC yet.  I wasn't impressed with Pitf.  

I'm hopeful about the 3D engine, but I share your skepticism...especially about the isometric / top down / zoom in nuances.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1