Mods & Grand Campaigns
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

#91: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: Gunnar PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:51 pm
    —
RRF (Real Russian Front) by BR_Caatinga

looks very good. The links on the matrix side are dead. Do you have a copy of this mod?

Used to play cc3 a lot and just bought the re releases.

#92: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:28 pm
    —
A pics of Death CCIII Black Hawk Down...............

Maybe Nembo has a copy of this mod;)

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3625

#93: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:13 am
    —
Cool DAK. I had never heard of that one.

#94: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:35 pm
    —
I've made a partial conversion and fairly major upgrade of CC3 GCE (Spanish Civil War) mod into COI, but stalled over a few technical issues / lack of time to learn stuff which others perhaps have worked out how to do.

Vehicle & gun shadows... need doing

Winter uniforms - tried to port these from CC3, followed the instructions to the letter, tried & tried but only managed to achieve   psychedelic colours

Could do with some new maps, I had loads of ideas for historical scenarios & there is of course a lot more material available now for those with the desire and ability to recreate SCW battlefields from aerial views.

I am thinking about restarting this at some point. If anyone can help in these 3 areas then pm me.

Basically this is a repost of this:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=51416&highlight=#51416

Saludos a todos

#95: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:11 pm
    —
I can port to CoI if you Want;)

#96: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:23 pm
    —
Thanks DAK Legion

What I need to know is, if you port to COI does that also port the winter uniform colours?

That would certainly be a big help.

#97: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:43 pm
    —
I not know that aspect but we can try;)

mi e-mail is

DAK_Legion [at] hotmail [dot] com

write your concerns:)

#98: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:48 pm
    —
@DAK-Legion

OK here is the situation:

the CC3 uniform colours for CC3 reside in CC3.exe and can be changed using sldcolor.exe by Cpl-Filth.

If you can get the winter ones to work in COI then you are a better man than I.

I hope to email you this weekend.

Salud,

normski-

#99: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: ArmeeGruppeSud PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:28 pm
    —
Gunnar wrote (View Post):
RRF (Real Russian Front) by BR_Caatinga

looks very good. The links on the matrix side are dead. Do you have a copy of this mod?

Used to play cc3 a lot and just bought the re releases.
Yeah, there were a few novel ideas involved in RRF. But alas, i must confess, RRF's demise was partially my fault.

When i released the 1st version of DOF, RRF just sank in the water

Its a shame RRF was never released, then i could have hijacked some of its features  Razz

CHEERS

AGS

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Sun May 27, 2012 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

#100: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:34 pm
    —
Bah.

I am trying to attach zipped files to emails. The files are a lot smaller than the size limit of 25mb but they just won't attach. I've tried with 2 separate email addresses.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, and how do you get around it?

#101: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: thumb PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:31 pm
    —
Dunno what email app youre using but you might try a file upload site (200mb/file limit).

#102: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:10 pm
    —
@Thumb

Thanks, I looked at that site tho and noted that it somehow doesn't permit me to retrieve files.

I guess I'm looking for recommendations on decent free upload sites...

#103: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: thumb PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:12 pm
    —
'retrieve' = delete?

Mebbe yousendit.

Seen Joe Pike around lately?

- mick  Smile

#104: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:45 am
    —
he he

I have not spoken to him for years.

Check your pms.

yousendit = good link

#105: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:30 am
    —
For those who are interested in the progress of Guerra Civil Espanola mod upgrade to COI there have a couple of significant developments.

1. the summer / winter uniforms are now no longer an obstacle thanks to Mick.

2. I received direct permission from Zikat to use his maps in CC3/COI format.

So what is still to be done?

1. The nightmare of vehicle and gun shadows is the single worst outstanding task. I will probably need some technical help with this but have a general idea of how to approach it.

I guess once that is done we could just release it, and even if we didn't fix the shadows, and put the thing out today, players will see a noticeably different experience in terms of improved quality between the original GCE CC3 beta and whatever platform we upgrade to (thinking about VoT as well as COI - basically the same mod but on 2 separate platforms)

However there are a few smaller tasks which could be completed and I feel like sharing these with the world, so here goes:

1. A general tidy-up and fine tuning of sounds, graphics and data, correcting wrong entries etc.

2. Perhaps an audit of the gun and vehicle data by someone competent to do that (ie probably not me)

3. Whipping the grand campaign, ops and historical battles (several of which are standalone ops) into a shape completely free of RF scenarios and hopefully not too lame or silly (I get embarrassed looking back at some, well probably most of my own efforts at creating scenarios). NB this has always been a collaborative effort with ppl such as Doramas and MoB contributing scenarios to the original GCE beta, and actually we hope to continue this tradition. So anyone who has knowledge of SCW and might be interested in contributing, please pm me in the next few weeks.

4. We might yet stick an Italian airplane in there to represent the relative merits of the Nationalist versus Republican airforces in their ground attack role. (Ie if we do this, there won't be any Republican planes).

There is a kind of proto Grand Campaign which attempts to walk through 'most' of the war. By which I mean, the advance of the Army of Africa into Pensinsular Spain, and the involvement of the International Brigades up until the Ebro offensives. (Obviously that leaves plenty out.) I got pretty stuck on some some of the ops for this but received fresh inspiration from the efforts of Firefox and CC5 Ebro team and their admirers, you know who you are ;)

A further point which may be of interest, is that we seek to portray a fairly full set of summer and winter uniforms. This is Spain we're talking about.

So by 'winter' of course I mean any weather where it's not boiling hot. Consequently we are looking at the impact on game play of winterising. My bright idea is that most maps will have a summer and winter version. They won't all look different since the only practical difference, in most instances, is the air is a bit cooler so the sprites have to put on a jacket.

My fear is that this is going to screw up the game play for most maps. Since the Republic launched several major operations to coincide with extreme weather, both hot and cold, the effect of all that may also be lost. the But, hey ho, it is only a game.

Anyway it's been 12 years in the making so hopefully we will get a finished product to you all sometime before next century.

Thank you and good night.

#106: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: terciooriamendi PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:56 pm
    —
Thanks for your work Normski. Another SCW mod

#107: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:34 pm
    —
Yeah, soon, hopefully

#108: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:51 pm
    —
SCW Work Fine in enginnering CCIII/VoT

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  107.39 KB
 Viewed:  21671 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

#109: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:53 pm
    —
Thanks DAK_Legion.

This is the VoT-style  upgrade.

There is much more yet to be released.

#110: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Author: normski- PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:57 pm
    —
So... who do I release these mods to, when they're finished?

Actually there are 2 of them, the VoT is envisaged as sort of a taster for the COI mod which is still in development.

VoT is pretty much ready for people to play, thanks to DAK_Legion.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:
Page 5 of 9