Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:02 am
    —
Digging in some old folders I came across some Screenshots from yesteryear. LOL
Starring GDS_Starfury CB_Trout CB_MilesTeg & Quad_4

fundrugchat.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  112.51 KB
 Viewed:  9575 Time(s)

fundrugchat.jpg

#2: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: vonB PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:23 pm
    —
[nostalgia mode On]

Yes, those were the days, and just what the hell were they rambling on about...?  Wink

CC3 and the Zone was the peak of CC IMO.  You could drop in the Zone any time of the day or week and get a blast!  Clans abounding.  Buzz buzz buzz....

[nostalgia mode Off]

#3: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:39 pm
    —
This one is from another site...

zone.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  97.53 KB
 Viewed:  9551 Time(s)

zone.jpg

#4: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: southern_land PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:02 am
    —
a curse on microsoft for closing that place down

#5: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:12 am
    —
Sigh.  Dial up Days, what a hoot!  Was always a challange to play folks across the other side of the planet.... getting the connection I mean!!

#6: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:56 am
    —

1999 Typical Zone Message from a Player who had lost a Ladder Match.

Last edited by US_Brake on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

zonemsg.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  111.98 KB
 Viewed:  9499 Time(s)

zonemsg.jpg

#7: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: vonB PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:35 pm
    —
Love the T34/85 on steroids sig there Brake!

Yup, there was some breeze shot around on the Zone.  Sometimes, it was even intelligent  Wink

#8: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: Andreus PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:28 pm
    —
I bet you pressed the "Add friend" button after that.

#9: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:39 pm
    —
LMAO... Thats what happens when you run a T34 on Vodka,  a more appropriate sig would be a T34/85 meeting the enemy Tank head on, then immediatly turning a 180 to show it's ass armor.

#10: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: Lt_2nd PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:07 pm
    —
Gotta love those sore losers who take the game way too seriously

#11: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: SLAAKMAN PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:39 pm
    —
MORE MORE MORE!!!! GIMME MORE SCREENSHOTS!! GIMME GIMME GIMME!!

#12: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:24 pm
    —
Screenshots are not the only Skeletons in the Closet SLAKKKAFAK

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/tm.aspx?high=&m=52203&mpage=1#52203

#13: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: Andreus PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:48 pm
    —
What you did bad boy?

#14: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:35 pm
    —
Andreus wrote (View Post):
What you did bad boy?

I slapped a soldier complaining of battle fatigue.

#15: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: Andreus PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:24 pm
    —

#16: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:27 pm
    —
Tigertrax.  Yeah I remember all that stuff.

Pott used to have a really good site.  Pity all that crap happened.

#17: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:47 pm
    —
I never much participated in most sites, or even mods until maybe 2002-2003. ClubSSI was the exception. I have no memory of ever visiting closecombat.net but I am sure I must have. I remember the old CSO look back in the day when I went to find the GJS mod. Once ClubSSI went offline, I was mostly at Cases CC5 Ladder and Tournament House. Seemed to be where majority of all CC5 players congregated.

#18: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:35 pm
    —
Pot had a good site and a very good file and map collection, if my memory serves me right, he had trouble paying the bill. There was a ongoing forum discussion of how players could help pay the bill and set up a transparent paypal just as CCS & CSO now have. The next day he closed it and replaced it with an ad that said: for sale $10,000 USD. I ranted. The community lined up to tell me to stfu. When that did'nt persuade me a forum ban did. Some good came of it. CSO became transparent about its donations and site costs. That site going down opened up a spot for CCS to fill. And I must say, CCS had done a much better job handling the CC Communitites files.

#19: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:16 am
    —
Caline posted this in the zone one time. Was this really her? Or was was it Wittman pretending to be female?

caline.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  28 KB
 Viewed:  9175 Time(s)

caline.jpg

#20: Re: Classic Screenshots from Zone Unearthed Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:01 pm
    —
Tigertrax!!!  Or....

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2