Soldiers with an * asterisk
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Bloody Omaha

#1: Soldiers with an * asterisk Author: Thirsk PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:45 pm
    —
Whoa, it's been years since I last played a Close Combat game..and roughly about seven years since the very first time I played one. And in all that time, I CANNOT believe I've been missing out on so many good mods. What an idiot I was for thinking that the original campaign was awesome! I'm probably even more dismayed by the fact that the CC community is STILL going strong.

But back to the reason why I'm posting...

The first mod I'm trying out is Bloody Omaha, and one of the things I noticed was that certain soldiers have their names followed by an asterisk. Is that just to show that these names are from actual soldiers from WWII? And probably unlikely but are they superior in any way to the regular troops?  Rolling Eyes

ps. so far, this mod is bloody brilliant!  Wink

#2: Re: Soldiers with an * asterisk Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:43 pm
    —
From memory, the asterisk denotes actual names of soldiers from that unit.

#3: Re: Soldiers with an * asterisk Author: Thirsk PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:26 pm
    —
Ah ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

But now I have another query...I noticed that Bloody Omaha has been ported over to CCTLD; however, it seems that there aren't any Vetmods currently available for it. After reading up a bit about CCTLD and its AI improvements, I'm left wondering whether I should continue playing Bloody Omaha on CCV or start fresh on the newer CCTLD engine.

CCV has a Vetmod for Bloody Omaha but CCTLD does not...so which do you think would provide a bigger challenge against the AI?

#4: Re: Soldiers with an * asterisk Author: Priapus PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:35 pm
    —
I suggest you play against a human opponent. Find us at hamachi (see the stickied thread at the top of the forum main page).

#5: Re: Soldiers with an * asterisk Author: graves101Location: Ontario PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:19 pm
    —
BO for CC5 is great, but I believe the only problem is there are no tracers shown in that version. I don't remember hearing if it was ever fixed, and I have no knowledge of the TLD version.

But the most engaging thing, for me, about Bloody Omaha, is how the descriptions for some of the maps seem to imply the mod's creator or someone involved was actually at D-day as a ranger. He talks about being a company leader and what happened when he landed, losing men right beside him and how most of his unit was KIA before they reached the bluff.

I would really like to find out more about who this is and how he was involved with the game.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Bloody Omaha

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1