Base file "no go areas"?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: Base file "no go areas"? Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:12 pm
    —
Has anyone discovered base file sections which cannot be changed?

In previous incarnations, Senior Drill found lines of the weapons file dedicated to grenades. When these were tampered with the game crashed. The reason was that grenades interacted with the .exe in a manner which I never fully grasped.

#2: Re: Base file "no go areas"? Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:18 pm
    —
There are also dedicated weapon slots for the mortar, artillery and naval barrage, also for the explosions that the 'Flammable' element does, messing with these can be problematic.

The grenades share the same stats for both sides, you can do alternative grenades but they will not appear in the little square on the BG screen.

The other grenade weapons that are encountered almost at the end of the file have just names and no data.

#3: Re: Base file "no go areas"? Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:52 am
    —
As far as I know you need to eatch out for:

120mm Mortar
Naval Arty Explosion
Smoke grenade
Hand grenade
Indirect Fire Support
81mm Mortar
Melee
Grenade
Arty Explosion

The number on the weapons file depending on the CC version. In CCM3 and RtB many of the vehicles have hard coded associated with them too.

#4: Re: Base file "no go areas"? Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:03 am
    —
Shocked ..and i thought it was easier to mod? Wink

Mats

#5: Re: Base file "no go areas"? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:52 am
    —
This is no different than it has always been as far as fixed weapons go.

But, you are right, the txt files are much easier to edit than an abd or an ndf or an xyz... arrgh what ever they were in the olden days.

#6: Re: Base file "no go areas"? Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:59 pm
    —
Thanks for all the info!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1