Battle of Berlin
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Battle of Berlin Author: I_AM_LONO PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:13 pm
    —
anyone have the mod and want to play a gc ?

i really like the mod but no one seems to have it yet Sad

leave me your e-mail or gamespy id

LONO Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

#2: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:32 pm
    —
wrong forum lono
a lot of people have bob but they all seem to be playing it against the pc.
i have it but will wait for version 1.1 to come out before starting a gc.

#3:  Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:12 pm
    —
Quote:
wrong forum lono

Lono topic moved to cc5 forum Wink

#4:  Author: ll_Alexis_llLocation: Paris, France PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:21 am
    —
hello

I would love to play BoB online but it sounds impossible

Each time it crashes with a message "CC String Error", and no one seems to have found a solution

Alex.

#5: mm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:50 am
    —
hence the wait for version 1.1

#6: Re: mm Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:18 pm
    —
ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:
hence the wait for version 1.1

If you wait for another version you will have to wait because after spending almost a year to this i think i will deserve a break.In the readme it says " this has not been tested in Lan or multiplayer".

Tried to make it playable against the Ai and you will have to hold on to this for now...sorry!

Mats :hitler

#7: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:55 am
    —
no problem sapa.
go and grab some sunshine put ur feet up,sip on a cold one.and enjoy.

#8:  Author: I_AM_LONO PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:19 am
    —
yeah i did get the string error but anyway congatulations on an excellent mod ! I was very impressed

First mod i know of that is challenging single player as the germans Smile

#9: Berlin Mod Author: AA_Megadeth PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:22 pm
    —
I must congratulate the Mod team for the Berlin mod. This is an absolutely superb modification and brilliant depiction of this fascinating battle. When I first saw the discussions from the development team I thought this was going to be totally mismodelled, and was actually doing research to create my own Berlin mod. After playing this I stand corrected, the research, modelling accuracy and map making is supeb, if it wasnt for the multiplayer problems and the turret art bug, this would be a professional quality product.

I just wanted to offer my sincerest thanks and appreciation to the development team. Take a bow.

Phil O'Connor

#10:  Author: Wodin PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:14 pm
    —
I always founf CC worked best with mainly infantry and say two tanks as support. Looking at the screenshots of this mod it seems to be quite heavy on the tanks. Is this the case?

If not I shall download.

#11:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:32 pm
    —
Wodin wrote:
I always founf CC worked best with mainly infantry and say two tanks as support. Looking at the screenshots of this mod it seems to be quite heavy on the tanks. Is this the case?

If not I shall download.

If you dont like to have any tanks dont download it! What did you expect, the assault on Berlin was one of the greatest offensives in WW II and the Russians had a lot of armour....

Mats

#12:  Author: Wodin PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:07 am
    —
Just asking.

I have limited Harddrive space.

Seems I offended you. Looks like I'll have to watch what kind of questions I ask round here. Or maybe ask them somewhere else.

Also you dont need to give me a history lesson. I know enough. CC is a game and can only rcreate a minute section of the battle. So I thought it a fair enough question.

Sorry.

#13: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:30 am
    —
feel free to ask them type of questions wodin.
just dont post them about battle of berlin.
and dont let any1 tell u what or what not to download either.
as for playing with ur tank limits in games 95% of player will respect the limits set by the host.
as it is a skill in itself to play with limits as it is to play without limits.

#14: Re: mmm Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:38 pm
    —
ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:
feel free to ask them type of questions wodin.
just dont post them about battle of berlin.
and dont let any1 tell u what or what not to download either.
as for playing with ur tank limits in games 95% of player will respect the limits set by the host.
as it is a skill in itself to play with limits as it is to play without limits.

You can say anything you want about this mod but i think it is a rather stupid question to ask if the Russians have any armour or not..dont meant to say that people cant download or not...sorry for that...

Mats

#15:  Author: Wodin PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:31 pm
    —
I wasnt asking whteher they had any armour. I was asking whether the battles were armour intensive. I understand the campaign warrants they should be. Its just with the problems CC has with tanks especially against the AI I prfer battles where you have say two or three tanks as support and the rest infantry.

If CC didnt have problems with Tank AI and pathfinding I would download the mod straight away.

I think you misread my question.

#16:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:10 am
    —
Wodin wrote:
I wasnt asking whteher they had any armour. I was asking whether the battles were armour intensive. I understand the campaign warrants they should be. Its just with the problems CC has with tanks especially against the AI I prfer battles where you have say two or three tanks as support and the rest infantry.

If CC didnt have problems with Tank AI and pathfinding I would download the mod straight away.

I think you misread my question.

Yes they have a lot of armour.

Mats

#17:  Author: Wodin PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:30 am
    —
Thankyou

One other thing Sapa. Though Berlin may not be for me I greatly appreciate everyone who takes the time and puts in the effort to make a MOD.

I have been a CC fan since CC 2 came out. I really do want to thankyou for your hardwork and I look forward to any other mods you release.

I also can see everyone has great priase for Berlin and if I had the time to play online again I would download it.

#18:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:25 pm
    —
Wodin wrote:
Thankyou

One other thing Sapa. Though Berlin may not be for me I greatly appreciate everyone who takes the time and puts in the effort to make a MOD.

I have been a CC fan since CC 2 came out. I really do want to thankyou for your hardwork and I look forward to any other mods you release.

I also can see everyone has great priase for Berlin and if I had the time to play online again I would download it.

Thanks and sorry for my missunderstanding!!

Mats Smile

#19:  Author: sebosebi PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:38 pm
    —
Sapa pls make a multiplayer mod of this mod....... :cry1

#20: Trouble with BOB Author: ZekeLocation: Swe PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:18 am
    —
I´ve done everything correct and still get this:

Failed to copy C:\ Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\CC5.exe to System\Original\CC5.exe because C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\CC5.exe does nor exist

Please help, what can I do???

Zeke

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2